Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-19, 02:57 PM
Coach Marks Coach Marks is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-10-14
Posts: 20
Coach Marks is on a distinguished road
U14 Duals

U14 Team Ohio Greco went 3-4 at the National Duals. Finishing in 6th place in the Country!

Pool C
Ohio defeated Delaware 80-5
Ohio defeated Team Florida 44-36
Indiana Gold defeated Ohio 46-36

Gold/Silver Pool:
Pennsylvania Blue defeated Ohio 49-32
Oklahoma Red defeated Ohio 59-23
Ohio defeated Oklahoma Blue 46-28

5th Place Match:
Illinois defeated Ohio 56-25

Freestyle weigh ins on Friday and competes over the weekend.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-19, 08:02 PM
Latman Latman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-18-09
Posts: 463
Latman is on a distinguished road
I took a look back at how Ohio has done at this event over the years. Track wrestling goes back to 2006, so thatís what I have. Surprising to me, Ohio has only twice placed top 8 in both styles at this event (2015(2nd fs, 8th gr)& 2012 (2nd fs, 6th gr)). Those 2 teams placing 2nd is the highest placement for Freestyle by Ohio teams and 6th place is the highest an Ohio team has placed in Greco, matched by this years team and the 2012 team.

FS placement - 2018(7th), 2015(2nd), 2012(2nd)
GR placement - 2019(6th), 2015(8), 2014(7th), 2013(8th), 2012(6th), 2010(8th)

Good luck in Freestyle!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-19, 08:08 PM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 912
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Braxton Amos was on the 2015 team. He was throwing kids all over the place.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-19, 08:42 PM
DoubleBoots DoubleBoots is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-05-18
Posts: 18
DoubleBoots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latman View Post
I took a look back at how Ohio has done at this event over the years. Track wrestling goes back to 2006, so thatís what I have. Surprising to me, Ohio has only twice placed top 8 in both styles at this event (2015(2nd fs, 8th gr)& 2012 (2nd fs, 6th gr)). Those 2 teams placing 2nd is the highest placement for Freestyle by Ohio teams and 6th place is the highest an Ohio team has placed in Greco, matched by this years team and the 2012 team.

FS placement - 2018(7th), 2015(2nd), 2012(2nd)
GR placement - 2019(6th), 2015(8), 2014(7th), 2013(8th), 2012(6th), 2010(8th)

Good luck in Freestyle!
Itís really not surprising to me when you consider Ohioís youth schedule. OAC folkstyle championship is in late March for crying out loud. That is way longer than necessary and cuts Ohio freestyle season way too short. Clubs barely have time to teach neutral basics, guts and laces before the season is over. Other States get started a month earlier. Ohio Wrestling leaders would do well to make some adjustments for the good of our Ohio kids. JMHO
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-19, 10:13 AM
Latman Latman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-18-09
Posts: 463
Latman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBoots View Post
Itís really not surprising to me when you consider Ohioís youth schedule. OAC folkstyle championship is in late March for crying out loud. That is way longer than necessary and cuts Ohio freestyle season way too short. Clubs barely have time to teach neutral basics, guts and laces before the season is over. Other States get started a month earlier. Ohio Wrestling leaders would do well to make some adjustments for the good of our Ohio kids. JMHO
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-19, 12:45 PM
Boro Fan Boro Fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-23-07
Location: Reminderville
Posts: 10,462
Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
The JH State Tournament is probably in late March due to the high school post-season, but that is just my guess.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-19, 01:12 PM
DoubleBoots DoubleBoots is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-05-18
Posts: 18
DoubleBoots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
The JH State Tournament is probably in late March due to the high school post-season, but that is just my guess.
That is correctóbut that is also the problem. The HS Sectional were the weekend of Feb 22. OAC should do Grade School on Feb 8 and JH on Feb 15. They start in October and going folkstyle thru late March is insane. Other states do theirs in late Jan or early Feb. If Ohio wants to keep kids interest shorten that folkstyle season a bit and let the hard core kids that want more start FS/GR. Ohio results nationally will improve substantially I believe with this simple change. OYWA is essentially a beginner league nowóso moving OAC wonít hurt much there either. Letís get smarter Ohio so we are as prepared as these other states in freestyle. The sport is moving that direction anyway. Get on board or get run over....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-19, 09:08 PM
bucksman bucksman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-10-01
Location: Having fun somewhere :-)
Posts: 31,348
bucksman will become famous soon enough
OAC is going to make decisions in its best interest, and it seems to me that their view of best interest is to have their state finals after the high school season is done (this is mostly related to resources such as referee availability). From what I can tell, most states have their youth/JH tournaments after the high school is done.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U14 Freestyle & Greco Coach Marks Wrestling 17 05-14-19 04:09 PM
Mason Spring Duals Openings Coach McIntire Wrestling 8 04-07-19 07:59 PM
Mason Spring Duals Openings Coach McIntire Wrestling 2 04-04-19 09:37 AM
Eagle Rumble Duals Expanding to 24 Teams BigM Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 2 11-07-17 06:47 PM
K-8 Tourn./EL/MS Duals/College Duals/HS Duals Dec. 15-22, 2017 foreman Wrestling 0 09-18-17 11:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz