Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-17, 02:09 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Ironman

A great preview by Josh Lowe on the Ironman is posted on the Walsh Jesuit Ironman website. With 10 of the top 15 teams in the country and 7 of the top 10, this tourny sets the table for the mythical national high school championship. While some of the top upper weights are not competing due to football wrapping up, Lowe says that over 25% of nationally ranked wrestlers will be there.

http://walshjesuitironman.com/2017-w...onman-preview/

A clip from Josh Lowe's preview:
"Looking at the team battle, No. 1 in the nation and defending tournament champions Blair Academy (N.J.) seeks to win this tournament for the 14th time. The Buccaneers have eight ranked wrestlers in the pre-season national rankings published by InterMat. 2015 champion Wyoming Seminary (Pa.) enters the season ranked No. 2 in the nation, while 2014 tournament champion St. Paris Graham (Ohio) is ranked No. 5 nationally. The other top five team in this field is No. 4 Montini Catholic (Ill.), while Malvern Prep (Pa.), Lake Highland Prep (Fla.), and St. Edward (Ohio) are also top ten teams nationally."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-05-17, 02:16 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Once seeds are listed, I'll crunch some numbers to see if anyone has a chance to stick with Blair, aka The Evil Empire. SPG has the best chance from Ohio, but looking at the national rankings, I don't know if they can pull it off or not. Obviously, there's some other very good teams out there as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-17, 11:14 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Will I have to purchase tickets for a 5 year old?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-17, 06:41 AM
Backsidetilt Backsidetilt is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-08-12
Posts: 224
Backsidetilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
Will I have to purchase tickets for a 5 year old?
Is it your 5 year Old? I would call Walsh Directly and ask. 330-929-4205.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-17, 10:28 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Here's the number crunching based on pre-seeds. I looked at the top 4 nationally ranked teams entered in the tourny, #1 Blair (aka The Evil Empire), #2 Wyoming Seminary, #4 Montini Catholic and #5 Graham. I skipped over #7 Malvern Prep and #8 Lake Highland Prep, and included #9 St Eds instead. Obviously, St Eds is of more interest to me than Malvern Prep and Lake Highland Prep. Here's the point total based on advancement and placement points (no bonus points) for these five teams in order of finish:

1 Blair (aka The Evil Empire) 165
2 Graham 110
3 Montini Catholic 100
4 Wyoming Seminary 93
5 St Eds 48

That's not to say St. Eds will finish 5th, as I didn't include Malvern Prep, Lake Highland Prep and other top teams. This just shows how many points these teams would score based on seeds (and no bonus points). We all know that seeds never hold, but it appears that it would take a Herculean effort for Graham to upset Blair. Blair would need to under perform somewhat significantly, and Graham would need to over perform somewhat significantly. That would be reminiscent of tOSU beating PSU in the B10s last year. It happens, just not very often.

And here's a link to the pre-seeds:

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/19027

If you have any interest in playing the "what if" scenario, such as what if Rocky beats Ramirez in the finals at 170 (12 point swing for a 3 seed to beat a 1 seed), here's the points for each placement:
1st 24
2nd 20
3rd 16
4th 14
5th 11
6th 9
7th 7
8th 6
9th-12th 4
13th-16th 3

Last edited by bdhof; 12-06-17 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-17, 12:12 PM
iGranby iGranby is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-10
Posts: 193
iGranby is on a distinguished road
I'm extremely interested to see brackets at 152.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-17, 12:34 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
106 pounds
1. Isaac Salas - St. John Bosco, CA (No. 2)
2. Jacob Decatur - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Acad., OH (No. 1)
3. Richard Figueroa - Selma, CA (No. 5)
4. Ryan Miller - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 7)
5. Logan Agin - Lancaster, OH (No. 10)
6. Brendon Garcia - Pueblo County, CO
7. Cooper Flynn - McDonogh School, MD (No. 15)
8. Colton Drousias - Mount Carmel, IL
9. Jacob Moon - Clay (Oregon), OH
10. Peyten Kellar - Warren, OH
11. Dustin Norris - La Salle, OH
12. Nain Vazquez - Montini Catholic, IL
13. Wyatt Yapoujian - Pomona, CO
14. Tim Levine - Wyoming Seminary, PA
15. Carlos Negrete - Clovis North, CA
16. Jake Wohltman - Lake Highland Prep, FL

113 pounds
1. Lucas Byrd - La Salle, OH (No. 2)
2. Antonio Lorenzo - St. John Bosco, CA (No. 6)
3. Trevor Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3)
4. Ryan Chauvin - Lake Highland Prep, FL (No. 16)
5. Dylan Shawver - Elyria, OH (No. 11)
6. Matt Ramos - Lockport Township, IL (No. 19)
7. Dylan Ragusin - Montini Catholic, IL (No. 17)
8. Cevion Severado - Christian Brothers College, MO (No. 18)
9. Beau Bayless - Reynolds, PA
10. Scott Richter - St. Edward, OH
11. Giano Petrucelli - Clovis, CA
12. Tanner Jordan - Graham, OH
13. Oscar Sanchez - Genoa Area, OH
14. Nic Botello - Wyoming Seminary, PA
15. Tristan Lujan - Selma, CA
16. Matt Mayer - Bethlehem Catholic, PA

120 pounds
1. Joey Melendez - Montini Catholic, IL (No. 2)
2. Michael Colaiocco - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4)
3. Malik Heinselman - Castle View, CO (No. 8)
4. Julian Tagg - Brecksville-Broadview Heights, OH (No. 6)
5. Christian Nunez - St. John Bosco, CA (No. 10)
6. Brendon Fenton - Elyria, OH (No. 16)
7. Logan Heil - Brunswick, OH
8. King Sandoval - St. Mary's Ryken, MD
9. Matthew Cardello - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Acad., OH
10. Justin Pacheco - Pomona, CO
11. Brandon Paulson - Clovis, CA
12. Anthony Molton - Lockport Township, IL
13. Zeke Escalera - Wyoming Seminary, PA
14. Angelo Rini - St. Edward, OH
15. Vincent Zerban - Christian Brothers College, MO
16. Alek Martin - Graham, OH

126 pounds
1. Jordan Decatur - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Acad., OH (No. 2)
2. Beau Bartlett - Wyoming Seminary, PA (No. 7)
3. Malik Johnson - Christian Brothers College, MO (No. 9)
4. Jordan Crace - Graham, OH (No. 12)
5. Cleveland Belton - St. John Bosco, CA (No. 19)
6. Austin Macias - Burlington Central, IL
7. Peyton Hall - Oak Glen, WV
8. Travis Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ
9. Mick Burnett - Elyria, OH
10. Julian Sanchez - Genoa Area, OH
11. Ryan Franco - Clovis North, CA
12. Nate Keaton - Circleville, OH
13. Mark Salvatore - Malvern Prep, PA
14. Bryce Hepner - St. Edward, OH
15. Kenny Herrmann - Bethlehem Catholic, PA
16. Mario Ybarra - Scottsbluff, NE

132 pounds
1. Joe Silva - Lake Highland Prep, FL (No. 1)
2. Real Woods - Montini Catholic, IL (No. 3)
3. Ryan Anderson - Bethlehem Catholic, PA (No. 7)
4. Jesse Vasquez - Santiago Corona, CA (No. 5)
5. Carson Manville - Wyoming Seminary, PA (No. 8)
6. Joshua Saunders - Christian Brothers College, MO (No. 12)
7. Gabriel Tagg - Brecksville-Broadview Heights, OH (No. 17)
8. Michael Madara - Blair Academy, NJ
9. Matt Fields - Brunswick, OH
10. Matt Kazimir - St. Edward, OH
11. Trevor Chumbley - Marmion Academy, IL
12. Josh Breeding - Elyria, OH
13. Reece Witcraft - Broken Arrow, OK
14. Luke Martin - Parkersburg South, WV
15. Micah Visuwan - Malvern Prep, PA
16. Caleb Rea - Weir, WV

138 pounds
1. Jaden Abas - Rancho Bernardo, CA (No. 9)
2. Malcolm Robinson - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 5)
3. Marshall Keller - Christiansburg, VA (No. 6)
4. Jack Davis - Wyoming Seminary, PA (No. 7)
5. Fidel Mayora - Montini Catholic, IL (No. 15)
6. Saul Ervin - Union County, KY (No. 17)
7. JD Stickley - Graham, OH (No. 18)
8. Dalton Lakmann - Foothill (Palo Cedro), CA
9. Bryce Andonian - St. Edward, OH
10. We Rachel - George Washington, IL
11. Marco Regalbuto - Brecksville-Broadview Heights, OH
12. Noah Castillo - Lake Highland Prep, FL
13. Luka Wick - San Marino, CA
14. Luke Baughman - Wadsworth, OH
15. E'lan Heard - La Salle, OH
16. Colton Yapoujian - Pomon, CO

145 pounds
1. Mitch Moore - Graham, OH (No. 3)
2. Brock Hardy - Box Elder, OH (No. 5)
3. Cole Matthews - Reynolds, PA (No. 6)
4. Quincy Monday - Carrboro, NC (No. 11)
5. Kendall Coleman - Mount Carmel, IL (No. 15)
6. Sam Dover - St. Edward, OH (No. 18)
7. PJ Crane - Malvern Prep, PA (No. 20)
8. Tony Mendoza - Selma, CA
9. Kai Bele - Lake Highland Prep, FL
10. Sandro Ramirez - Wauseon, OH
11. Baylor Fernandes - Lockport Township, IL
12. Ben Pasiuk - Carrollton, OH
13. Michael North - Wadsworth, OH
14. Victor Voinovich - Brecksville-Broadview Heights, OH
15. Frankie Tal-Shahar - American Heritage (Delray Beach, FL)
16. Dylan Martinez - Grand Junction, CO

152 pounds
1. David Carr - Perry (Massillon), OH (No. 1)
2. Will Lewan - Montini Catholic, IL (No. 3)
3. Anthony Artalona - Tampa Prep, FL (No. 4)
4. Josh Kim - Santiago (Corona), CA (No. 11)
5. Josh Humphreys - Parkersburg South, WV (No. 14)
6. Jake Silverstein - Hauppauge, NY (No. 15)
7. Jake Marsh - Marysville, OH
8. Jashon Hubbard - Steubenville, OH
9. Jace Luchau - Selma, CA
10. Joey Sanchez - Graham, OH
11. Paddy Gallagher - St. Edward, OH
12. William Kaiser - Blair Academy, NJ
13. Luca Frinzi - Bethlehem Catholic, PA
14. Aurelius Dunbar - Mercersburg Academy, PA
15. Hunter Yackee - Wauseon, OH
16. Chris Hisey - Malvern Prep, PA

160 pounds
1. Andrew Merola - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3)
2. Ryan Thomas - Graham, OH (No. 9)
3. Erich Byelick - Lake Highland Prep, FL (No. 12)
4. Jake Hendricks - Wyoming Seminary, PA (No. 17)
5. Kevon Freeman - Lake Catholic, OH (No. 19)
6. Caleb Wise - Broken Arrow, OK
7. Noah Blake - Del Oro, CA
8. Austin Murphy - Elder, OH
9. James Limongi - Genoa Area, OH
10. Matt Ortiz - Montini Catholic, IL
11. David Cumberledge - St. John (Ashtabula), OH
12. Parker Benekas - Ponderosa, CO
13. Zane Hinzman - Parkersburg South, WV
14. Dominic Solis - McDonogh School, MD
15. Zach Reese - Lockport Township, IL
16. Trey Sizemore - La Salle, OH

170 pounds
1. Julian Ramirez - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4)
2. D.J. Shannon - Christian Brothers College, MO (No. 5)
3. Rocky Jordan - Graham, OH (No. 6)
4. Emil Soehnlen - Perry (Massillon), OH (No. 7)
5. Braeden Redlin - Allen, TX (No. 17)
6. Carson Kharchilav - Olentangy Liberty, OH (No. 15)
7. Nate Jimenez - Marmion Academy, IL (No. 18)
8. Grant Cuomo - Brewster, NY
9. Christian Rodriguez - Selma, CA
10. Jacob Lagoa - St. John (Ashtabula), OH
11. Micah Ervin - Union County, KY
12. Brady Chrisman - Medina, OH
13. Nick Giantonio - Christiansburg, VA
14. Garrett Kappes - McDonogh, MD
15. Nicholas Florschutz - Malvern Prep, PA
16. Tyler Gianakopulos - Clovis, CA

182 pounds
1. Ryan Karoly - Malvern Prep, PA (No. 2)
2. A.J. Ferrari - Allen, TX (No. 4)
3. Trevor Lawson - Olentangy Liberty, OH (No. 9)
4. Leo Tarantino - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 12)
5. Victor Marcelli - Jackson (Massillon), OH (No. 15)
6. Tate Samuelson - Castle View, CO (No. 14)
7. Darrien Roberts - Wyoming Seminary, PA
8. Gavin Potter - Broken Arrow, OK
9. David Heath - St. Vincent-St. Mary, OH
10. Trevor Swier - Montini Catholic, IL
11. Jack Wimmer - McDonogh, MD
12. Dan Benoit - Mount Carmel, IL
13. Blake Wilson - LaSalle, OH
14. Erik Eva - Christiansburg, VA
15. Charles Sanders - Elder, OH
16. Tyler Surges - Marmion Academy, IL

195 pounds
1. Michael Beard - Malvern Prep, PA (No. 1)
2. Jared Ball - Hilliard Darby, OH (No. 5)
3. Zach Marcheselli - Broken Arrow, OK (No. 15 at 220)
4. Cody Howard - St. Edward, OH (No. 10)
5. Austin Cooley - Wyoming Seminary, PA (No. 17)
6. Gage Braun - Graham, OH
7. Jayden Woodruff - Ponderosa, CO
8. Peter Christenson - Montini Catholic, IL
9. Michael Baker - LaSalle, OH
10. Jacob Good - Clovis, CA
11. Charlie Cadell - Christian Brothers College, MO
12. Jared Miller - Reynolds, PA
13. Trent Lindsey, Clovis North, CA
14. Michael Drobnick - St. Ignatius, OH
15. Ty Kwak - Christiansburg, VA
16. Peyton Craft - Blair Academy, NJ

220: pounds
1. Braxton Amos - Parkersburg South, WV (No. 4)
2. Ben Goldin - Lake Highland Prep, FL (No. 12)
3. Ian Edenfield - Laurel Highlands, PA (No. 18)
4. Antonio McCloud - Elder, OH
5. Owen Trephan - Blair Academy, NJ
6. Johnny Shafer - Graham, OH
7. Garrett Bledsoe - LaSalle, OH
8. Zach D'Anna - Brecksville-Broadview Heights, OH
9. Brayden Ray - Santiago (Corona), CA
10. David Aranda - St. John Bosco, CA
11. Breslin Walker - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Acad., OH
12. Wade Wheeler - Amherst County, VA
13. Aiden Gill - St. Ignatius, OH
14. Jens Ames - St. Christopher's, VA
15. Michael Doggett - Wyoming Seminary, PA
16. Brendan Devine - Malvern Prep, PA

285 pounds
1. Seth Nevills - Clovis, CA (No. 2)
2. Cohlton Schultz - Ponderosa, CO (No. 3)
3. Jordan Earnest - Wadsworth, OH
4. P.J. Mustipher - McDonogh School, MD
5. Alec Moore-Nash - Elder, OH
6. Louden Haga - Parkersburg South, WV
7. Curtis Ruff - Lake Highland Prep, FL
8. Tyler Connolly - Marysville, OH
9. Antonio Cutrie - Wyoming Seminary, PA
10. Jacob Cover - Hilliard Darby, OH
11. Faze Thomas - Christian Brothers College, MO
12. Alex Sosa - Wauseon, OH
13. Derrick Elrod - St. John (Ashtabula), OH
14. Mike McNicolas - Montini Catholic, IL
15. Kraig Correll - Blair Academy, NJ
16. Brian Kilbane - St. Edward, OH
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-17, 02:02 PM
OCEagle OCEagle is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-18-12
Posts: 1,606
OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Not sure why Blair is allowed to compete for the first place trophy in a high school event. Nothing wrong with letting the wrestlers compete, but it is not really a high school team when you are drawing from around 7-10 states.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-17, 02:22 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEagle View Post
Not sure why Blair is allowed to compete for the first place trophy in a high school event. Nothing wrong with letting the wrestlers compete, but it is not really a high school team when you are drawing from around 7-10 states.
Their seeded wrestlers
106
4. Ryan Miller - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 7), Stroudsburg, PA

113
3. Trevor Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3), NJ
120
2. Michael Colaiocco - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4), NJ
126
8. Travis Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), NJ
132
8. Michael Madara - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Nazareth, PA

138
2. Malcolm Robinson - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 5), NJ
152
12. William Kaiser - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Stroudsburg, PA

160
1. Andrew Merola - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3), NJ
170
1. Julian Ramirez - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4), NJ
182
4. Leo Tarantino - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 12), Tarpon Springs, FL
195
16. Peyton Craft - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Urbana, OH
220
5. Owen Trephan - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Summerville, SC
285
15. Kraig Correll - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Easton, PA


7 of 13 seeded wrestlers from Blair are out of state.

Only 2 of 7 nationally raked kids are out of state.

And there's nothing against the rules. Many of their students are boarded, at the cost of around $60k a year.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-17, 05:25 PM
Okiedokie Okiedokie is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-12
Location: OH-PA line
Posts: 1,040
Okiedokie is on a distinguished road
Have you heard when brackets are being released? I know the brackets will change depending on no shows, not making weight, skin issues, etc. etc. but last year I think they came out Thursday night? I could be mistaken though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-06-17, 05:35 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedokie View Post
Have you heard when brackets are being released? I know the brackets will change depending on no shows, not making weight, skin issues, etc. etc. but last year I think they came out Thursday night? I could be mistaken though.
You should be able to find them on trackwrestling.com when available.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/TWH...dBalanced=true
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-17, 05:41 PM
Okiedokie Okiedokie is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-12
Location: OH-PA line
Posts: 1,040
Okiedokie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
You should be able to find them on trackwrestling.com when available.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/TWH...dBalanced=true
Thank you! I knew flo was broadcasting it but I didn't know track was covering the brackets. Much better than floarena, IMO. I'll be there watching my two sons but the family will be able to follow along on track at home. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-17, 05:52 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedokie View Post
Thank you! I knew flo was broadcasting it but I didn't know track was covering the brackets. Much better than floarena, IMO. I'll be there watching my two sons but the family will be able to follow along on track at home. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-17, 06:08 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Their seeded wrestlers
106
4. Ryan Miller - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 7), Stroudsburg, PA

113
3. Trevor Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3), NJ
120
2. Michael Colaiocco - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4), NJ
126
8. Travis Mastrogiovanni - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), NJ
132
8. Michael Madara - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Nazareth, PA

138
2. Malcolm Robinson - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 5), NJ
152
12. William Kaiser - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Stroudsburg, PA

160
1. Andrew Merola - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 3), NJ
170
1. Julian Ramirez - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 4), NJ
182
4. Leo Tarantino - Blair Academy, NJ (No. 12), Tarpon Springs, FL
195
16. Peyton Craft - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Urbana, OH
220
5. Owen Trephan - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Summerville, SC
285
15. Kraig Correll - Blair Academy, NJ (UR), Easton, PA


7 of 13 seeded wrestlers from Blair are out of state.

Only 2 of 7 nationally raked kids are out of state.

And there's nothing against the rules. Many of their students are boarded, at the cost of around $60k a year.
Only a matter of time until 220 Owen Trephan ranked nationally
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-17, 06:58 PM
CuriousGeorge1 CuriousGeorge1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-24-08
Posts: 1,666
CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
So, I'm sure this has been discussed to a certain point, but for us Northern Ohio folk who may have missed out, why did Peyton Craft transfer from St. Paris to Blair?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-06-17, 07:04 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
So, I'm sure this has been discussed to a certain point, but for us Northern Ohio folk who may have missed out, why did Peyton Craft transfer from St. Paris to Blair?
Better opportunity to meet his long term goals of going to Ivy school.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-17, 07:38 PM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,833
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
So, I'm sure this has been discussed to a certain point, but for us Northern Ohio folk who may have missed out, why did Peyton Craft transfer from St. Paris to Blair?
didn't see where he made grahams line up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-17, 07:44 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
didn't see where he made grahams line up.
182
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-17, 08:10 PM
Divided42 Divided42 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-24-09
Posts: 1,082
Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
didn't see where he made grahams line up.
Think he would have pretty easily beaten out Hyden, Shafer, or whoever else was competing for Graham's 182 spot.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-17, 08:23 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
didn't see where he made grahams line up.
Tougher road was going to Blair where he had no spot and had to go 192 and beat out a returning starter and senior at that spot
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-06-17, 08:37 PM
bluepride1990 bluepride1990 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Posts: 504
bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
Better opportunity to meet his long term goals of going to Ivy school.
Also thought you wanted him to go to Iowa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-17, 08:50 PM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepride1990 View Post
Also thought you wanted him to go to Iowa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I wanted him to stay at Graham (our back yard and Coach Jordan is awesome) but had to do what's best for him after wrestling.

Same thing for college - although I would love to be able to say my son is I Hawkeye wrestler, if it comes down to Harvard or Iowa then I think I am losing
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-06-17, 08:58 PM
bluepride1990 bluepride1990 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Posts: 504
bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
I wanted him to stay at Graham (our back yard and Coach Jordan is awesome) but had to do what's best for him after wrestling.

Same thing for college - although I would love to be able to say my son is I Hawkeye wrestler, if it comes down to Harvard or Iowa then I think I am losing
Glad to hear Peyton has an Ivy League school on his radar. Good luck to him this weekend and during the season.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-07-17, 02:23 AM
CuriousGeorge1 CuriousGeorge1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-24-08
Posts: 1,666
CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
I wanted him to stay at Graham (our back yard and Coach Jordan is awesome) but had to do what's best for him after wrestling.

Same thing for college - although I would love to be able to say my son is I Hawkeye wrestler, if it comes down to Harvard or Iowa then I think I am losing
I can respect your answers here. I hope you don't think I was trying to stir up trouble with my original question, I was just curious. As I'm sure you know, I follow St. Edward and we have had a couple guys who left St. Edward and attended Blair over the years. Now, all of them (that I know at least) went for a PG year, but none the less, I think very highly of Blair as an institution, even if I adamantly root against them on the mat.

My mother like to wear this "Blair Wrestling" hooded sweatshirt quite often as a junk sweatshirt to do yard work or whatever in and it drives me crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-07-17, 06:51 AM
craftAmaniac craftAmaniac is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-30-12
Posts: 261
craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
I can respect your answers here. I hope you don't think I was trying to stir up trouble with my original question, I was just curious. As I'm sure you know, I follow St. Edward and we have had a couple guys who left St. Edward and attended Blair over the years. Now, all of them (that I know at least) went for a PG year, but none the less, I think very highly of Blair as an institution, even if I adamantly root against them on the mat.

My mother like to wear this "Blair Wrestling" hooded sweatshirt quite often as a junk sweatshirt to do yard work or whatever in and it drives me crazy.
I understand. Living in St Paris I have always hated St Eds and Blair also (:
Now with a son at Blair I hate Wyoming Seminary.

I will share a story of my 1st experience at Blair's 1st tournament last month as an example of why I love Blair.
Before the final dual begins the 182 kid comes up to me who is a senior that will be going to Harvard next year and is one of my sons main partners and I never met him and he says "hi Mr. Craft, my name is Leo nice to meet you" and that is very common place for wrestlers to talk to you with that respect which blew my mind 1st of all. Then we get to talking and I congratulate him on going to Harvard and I asked him why he chose to wrestle at Harvard over some of the other schools. He said (keep in mind he's an 18 year old kid) "with the demands of the the wrestling program and the rigor of the academics at a place like Harvard there is no time to get into the dumb trouble that you typically do at other schools during your college years". Talk about a kid that gets it in life.

2nd favorite story - we take my son back from Thanksgiving vacation to his dorm and it is Sunday at 7 (an hour before mandatory study hall - they even have mandatory study hall on Friday nights from 8 - 10 and classes on Saturday) and 2 of his wrestling friends are just hanging in his dorm room alone waiting for him. Then as soon as we are there 10 min their junior 170 who is top 2 in the country comes to his dorm room and plays with his baby sister. It's so cool to see how close these kids get and even at their elite levels they aren't your typical cocky jocks
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-07-17, 09:08 AM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Blair coach and team accepting the Ironman trophy last year

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-07-17, 09:26 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 2,350
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Blair coach and team accepting the Ironman trophy last year

Crooked Blair........ the system is rigged!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-07-17, 01:39 PM
iGranby iGranby is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-10
Posts: 193
iGranby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
Blair coach and team accepting the Ironman trophy last year

I have no real opinion on the matter and this made me laugh out loud. Bravo.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-07-17, 02:19 PM
bulldowg_Wrestling19 bulldowg_Wrestling19 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-15-16
Posts: 202
bulldowg_Wrestling19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftAmaniac View Post
I understand. Living in St Paris I have always hated St Eds and Blair also (:
Now with a son at Blair I hate Wyoming Seminary.

I will share a story of my 1st experience at Blair's 1st tournament last month as an example of why I love Blair.
Before the final dual begins the 182 kid comes up to me who is a senior that will be going to Harvard next year and is one of my sons main partners and I never met him and he says "hi Mr. Craft, my name is Leo nice to meet you" and that is very common place for wrestlers to talk to you with that respect which blew my mind 1st of all. Then we get to talking and I congratulate him on going to Harvard and I asked him why he chose to wrestle at Harvard over some of the other schools. He said (keep in mind he's an 18 year old kid) "with the demands of the the wrestling program and the rigor of the academics at a place like Harvard there is no time to get into the dumb trouble that you typically do at other schools during your college years". Talk about a kid that gets it in life.

2nd favorite story - we take my son back from Thanksgiving vacation to his dorm and it is Sunday at 7 (an hour before mandatory study hall - they even have mandatory study hall on Friday nights from 8 - 10 and classes on Saturday) and 2 of his wrestling friends are just hanging in his dorm room alone waiting for him. Then as soon as we are there 10 min their junior 170 who is top 2 in the country comes to his dorm room and plays with his baby sister. It's so cool to see how close these kids get and even at their elite levels they aren't your typical cocky jocks

Sounds like they prepare kids to work hard and be successful. But getting the best kids in the country doesn't hurt, either.


Do they offer scholarships or tuition help in any form? Just curious as to how folks afford such a tuition.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-07-17, 02:34 PM
bdhof bdhof is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-11-10
Posts: 4,716
bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldowg_Wrestling19 View Post
Sounds like they prepare kids to work hard and be successful. But getting the best kids in the country doesn't hurt, either.


Do they offer scholarships or tuition help in any form? Just curious as to how folks afford such a tuition.
Just financial aid (need based).

From Blair website
"Blair has a long tradition of support for need-based financial aid...We currently award more than $6.6 million annually to assist approximately 40 percent of our students."

$42k for tuition, $60k for tuition plus room and board.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ironman seeds roughedge Wrestling 1 12-04-17 04:44 PM
Ironman wresfan Wrestling 32 11-24-17 05:37 PM
Garfield Heights D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #4) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 10-13-17 12:03 PM
2017 Walsh Ironman "at capacity" - teams in the field ... bucksman Wrestling 48 09-16-17 03:37 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz