Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-13-18, 10:05 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Pickerington North, Dublin Scioto Go At It In 7-on-7, Lineman Challenge

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-18, 01:41 PM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Unless PN stumbles with Coffman they shouldn't have any problem going 9-1. I truly hope the media gloats all over them like last season. It worked out well for PC.
Old 07-17-18, 01:46 PM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Depth at qb is always the concern with a spread team. How is the o line shaping up at PC? I hear the 2 stud DTs are gonna have to go both ways????? That would be tough for big boys come second half and especially 4th q.
Old 07-17-18, 02:15 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
I doubt that both DTs would go both ways. Central does not typically play kids full time both ways. A more likely scenario is that they would be used in certain packages or situations. This is going to be an interesting season as we lost a lot of experienced players. There is still a lot of talent but they do not have the experience that last year's group had.
Old 07-17-18, 02:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
Depth at qb is always the concern with a spread team. How is the o line shaping up at PC? I hear the 2 stud DTs are gonna have to go both ways????? That would be tough for big boys come second half and especially 4th q.
I agree with Picksports. PC rotates a lot of people/packages. I've seen some big boys rolling out of workouts. Trust when I say Doc will find a few guys who can fill the "O" line spots. Depth at QB? there is a 6'3" sophomore backing up the starter along with a freshman burner understudy.
Old 07-17-18, 03:30 PM
All District

I think the reference to QB depth was directed at Pickerington North as they art the team that runs the spread offense. I am not sure who they have behind Lowery at QB.
Old 07-17-18, 03:34 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
I think the reference to QB depth was directed at Pickerington North as they art the team that runs the spread offense. I am not sure who they have behind Lowery at QB.
I’ve heard it was the freshman kid that transferred from Central that is battling Lowry for the starting spot. Either way, I’m excited for the season!
Old 07-18-18, 01:32 PM
Freshman

houserules is on a distinguished road
Question for PN fans.
Looking at their roster, they only have 6 freshmen listed. Is that the group of 9th graders that will be on the varsity, or the only ones in the entire program? I know from some posts dated last year, that their JH numbers were down, so just interested in knowing.
Old 07-18-18, 01:36 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Did they all go to PC ? LOL , I heard that they could have 2 Frosh teams at PC and they would be the best two in the league by far. yes I know that may not be true , lets hope PN has more than 6 Frosh total , I am sure it's more than that , 6 Frosh seems heavy to be on Varsity roster unless they are Danny Almonte " Freshman" LOL
Old 07-18-18, 02:07 PM
All District

yes that group will be light but not that light. Freshman wouldn't be updated. more than likely those are a few of the names that came to some of the summer workouts.
Old 07-18-18, 03:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Did they all go to PC ? LOL , I heard that they could have 2 Frosh teams at PC and they would be the best two in the league by far. yes I know that may not be true , lets hope PN has more than 6 Frosh total , I am sure it's more than that , 6 Frosh seems heavy to be on Varsity roster unless they are Danny Almonte " Freshman" LOL
You might have heard about this years 8th gr. class. They are large and in charge. Won't be tested until high school. PC has some talent on the rise. PN frosh had about 22 on the team last year (8th).
Old 07-18-18, 04:34 PM
Freshman

browns64 is on a distinguished road
They might only have 6 frosh. Their 8th grade only had 14-16 kids and struggled mightily. But they may have had some kids come over from pc.
Old 07-19-18, 07:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns64 View Post
They might only have 6 frosh. Their 8th grade only had 14-16 kids and struggled mightily. But they may have had some kids come over from pc.
The PN class of 2022 has had some basketball move-ins but none were from PC. Kids coming over from PC for football is highly unlikely.
Old 07-19-18, 01:08 PM
All District

onetiger....can you give us an update on how the new unit is shaping up on the offensive line at PC? Names, year, height weight etc. Last year's line was probably average 6'-6'2" 300ish all senior with 2 6'4" 240 lb TEs. Just wondering how the clear question mark on the reload is looking for PC.
Old 07-19-18, 01:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
onetiger....can you give us an update on how the new unit is shaping up on the offensive line at PC? Names, year, height weight etc. Last year's line was probably average 6'-6'2" 300ish all senior with 2 6'4" 240 lb TEs. Just wondering how the clear question mark on the reload is looking for PC.
That info will be in the program soon enough. I'm fairly aware of what last years line looked like and I will say it again, Doc will find some guys to play "O" line for this season. They may be a little green but will improve week to week.
Old 07-19-18, 01:51 PM
All District

no info??? thats no fun. wont hold it against you, I know a lot of the kids in the program was wondering who is stepping up and been working hard in the off season
Old 07-19-18, 03:21 PM
All Region

How did the 7 on 7 against Teays Valley go?
Old 07-19-18, 04:20 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
You might have heard about this years 8th gr. class. They are large and in charge. Won't be tested until high school. PC has some talent on the rise. PN frosh had about 22 on the team last year (8th).
Yes, the 2023 class is stacked. These two years of Junior High are not even remotely challenging.

A typical Pickerington Ridgeview game:
-Ridgeview warms up, the other team looks over and stares,
-Their parents are like "what the hell is going on here"?
-Game begins, Ridgeview has the ball, the QB hands the ball to the RB who runs 80 yards for a touchdown.
-The other team gets the ball, fumble or 3 and out.
-Punt, returned for touchdown.
-Other team offense turnover or 3 and out.
-Ridgeview offense, QB hands the ball off to another RB, touchdown.
-Refs start calling holding on every play so the score doesn't get to 100.
-End of first half is 40-0.
-2nd half, running clock so the coaches start putting the rest of the 55 players in the game.
-The other team only has 15-20 players so they have to keep their starters in the game so score ends up like 50-14.

When Ridgeview played Lakeview, the refs called the first 5 plays back for holding, which were all touchdowns. I dont think Lakeview got a 1st down the entire game.
Beating teams this bad is not really any fun for either team and it does impact development. Ridgeview could skip practice and just show up, put the pads on and name the score. It really is a combination of the strength of that class and the weakness of the other teams. There are other teams out there that can hang with this class but unfortunately we just don't get to play those teams.
Old 07-20-18, 07:00 AM
All District

Good problem to have. I hope they stay together, they had a class just like that in the 2021 class. Half are no longer in the program or maxed out size and ability in jr high.The key more than one class being strong is how do they mesh position wise with the class above and below them when they are in high school.
Old 07-20-18, 10:31 AM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Hearing that PN will not have a freshman team, they will have 2 JV teams, any true to this ?
Old 07-20-18, 12:52 PM
All District

I haven't heard this but wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the norm. I think the days of the mentality of keeping kids together has passed us. Most strong freshman already get moved up to jv and many underclassmen are moving up to varsity ranks these days.
Old 07-20-18, 01:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctigers View Post
Hearing that PN will not have a freshman team, they will have 2 JV teams, any true to this ?
Iíve heard this as well. I think itís better anyway. It gives less developed freshmen more time to adjust, and lesser developed sophomores a chance to play more on the field. Whereas the lower sophomores probably wouldnít play much on a full JV squad.
Old 07-21-18, 06:19 PM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
What happened at Coffman this morning ??