Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-11-15, 11:08 AM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
If Louisville wouldn't mind the travel they could join the AAC. But then again that would likely go over just as well as Boardman in the Fed, great from a competition standpoint, bad for travel.
Old 12-11-15, 11:19 AM
All District

clueless is on a distinguished road
Salem and West Branch have stated publicly that they were leaving the NBC. Done deal. What were the other 5 (cowards?) to do. Should Minerva and Carrollton stick around to be in a league where New Philly and Dover would come in to replace them? Once Salem and West Branch were on their way out, the others had to do what was best for them. Schools change leagues more often these days and this is no different. Yes, Louisville has been dominant for years in the NBC but I'm not to sure how many of the 5 schools left wanted to get rid of them. The snow ball started to roll and now schools have to do what is best for them. Just my opinion!
Old 12-11-15, 11:23 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Marlington 301 mck 1056
Alliance 344 GO 702
South 237 perry 568
carrollton 281 Green 512
minerva 227 jax 749
Sal 244 lake 449
WB 228 hoov 584

lou 351
enrollment per OHSAA website - so yeah Louisville is 124 boys larger than smallest school.....but in same breath saying they should go to the fed. I guess math isn't a strong subject in the 7 other NBC schools.
Old 12-11-15, 11:24 AM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
One could think that West Branch and Salem applied to the AAC to force this. They probably knew they weren't going to the AAC, it was just a bargaining chip.
Old 12-11-15, 11:36 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
This is illegal and this forum should be closed. If you want to read the article then you should stop being cheap and pay for the subscription. Asking for someone else to post the article is putting them at risk too. This should be grounds for a suspended yappi account IMHO.

Anyways what was the article about fully?
What the heck your last line asking what the article was about I believe is what I asked . U like stirring the pot. Seems you like being negatively opinionated.
Old 12-11-15, 11:46 AM
All District

The Wild Card is on a distinguished road
As a GlenOak guy, and a fan of the fed. I'd more than welcome Louisville back in the league. Quality program rich in tradition that also happens to be local. I would have loved to play them in HS instead of a DC Woodson. My "dream scenario" (even though I realize how unlikely it is to happen) is this.

GlenOak
Hoover
Perry
Jackson
Lake
McKinley
Green
Louisville
Massillion

All in the fed. That's a 9 team conference where everyone plays each other giving 2 non-conference games to schedule instead of 3. (I respectfully understand if some disagree) Everyone is local, less travel, makes scheduling a little easier. And in my opinion, that's a pretty nice conference with those two added. It appears from a Louisville point of view the NBC doesn't prepare them for the post season very well in recent years. However, if they make the playoffs in this hypothetical conference this would make them more "battle tested". This would be very exciting and I think would be the best for Stark County HS football as a whole.

Last edited by The Wild Card; 12-11-15 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 11:46 AM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball View Post
The Suburban league is very happy and not going to change anytime soon.
Louisville to the Fed is the only real option.
Really? Suburban League is happy with only 15 schools? Thought it would make things better for that league for scheduling if they had two 8 school divisions.

Here's what enrollment would look like:

Brecksville 515/513
Cuyahoga Falls 581/561
Hudson 568/584
North Royalton 611/585
Nordonia 454/448
Stow 709/605
Twinsburg 485/494
Wadsworth 569/520

Aurora 361/343
Baberton 451/407
Copley 436/369
Highland 423/404
Kent Roosevelt 402/402
Louisville 351/338
Revere 325/281
Tallmadge 312/301

Stow 1314
North Royalton 1196
Hudson 1152
Cuyahoga Falls 1142
Wadsworth 1089
Brecksville 1028
Twinsburg 979
Nordonia 902

Barberton 858
Highland 827
Copley 805
Kent Roosevelt 804
Aurora 704
Louisville 689
Tallmadge 613
Revere 606
Old 12-11-15, 12:07 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Heard the SEC is going to do the same thing to Bama, and the big 10 was very close to getting rid of the buckeyes.

Like I always tell my son, if you can't win take your ball and go home.
Old 12-11-15, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wild Card View Post
As a GlenOak guy, and a fan of the fed. I'd more than welcome Louisville in the league. Quality program rich in tradition that also happens to be local. I would have loved to play them in HS instead of a DC Woodson. My "dream scenario" (even though I realize how unlikely it is to happen) is this.

GlenOak
Hoover
Perry
Jackson
Lake
McKinley
Green
Louisville
Massillion

All in the fed. That's a 9 team conference where everyone plays each other giving 2 non-conference games to schedule instead of 3. (I respectfully understand if some disagree) Everyone is local, less travel, makes scheduling a little easier. And in my opinion, that's a pretty nice conference with those two added. It appears from a Louisville point of view the NBC doesn't prepare them for the post season very well in recent years. However, if they make the playoffs in this hypothetical conference this would make them more "battle tested". This would be very exciting and I think would be the best for Stark County HS football as a whole.
I agree and always thought Louisville and Glenoak should have scheduled a game. However from Louisville's perspective, the small gap Louisville owns representing the largest school over the smallest in the NBC is residual and appealing for them compared to the disparity Louisville would have in the Federal League. So relating to this event, what valid talking points and reasoning do the other seven NBC schools have over Louisville with a enrollment gap roughly 125 boys in the league? Providing Louisville plays in the Federal, gap of 600+ will exist from largest to smallest, and complete a dramatic shift for the school in terms of competitive balance. I've always been a strong advocate of Louisville playing in the Federal league, economics, competitive threshold, and no question Louisville produces quality kids with a great school system, so although numbers are important, standards of excellence in the classroom and athletics are not lacking for Louisville to compete. I believe they can compete abroad in all sports, perhaps not consistently as desired, but the goal should be to compete with the best in your geographical area, and win state championships no matter how unrealistic the goal is. I think Louisville has enjoyed complacency for years and now they are being forced to step up their game, which in my opinion is good for these kids. What advantage and teaching point are you trying to convince a freshman kid beating a team 59-6 in basketball is good? What point in football is beating a team by 40+ points in league play versus losing by 40+ points in a non-conference game gauge how good you are? Viewing the NBC league situation from a pure numbers standpoint, honestly the other NBC schools hold little weight in arguing disparity in terms of competitive balance. However, we can argue program standards, goals, and competitiveness all day long for these seven NBC schools in question, but the reality is, they are tired of seeing one school dominate and win in the major sports almost every year, so one should really ask, what is wrong with their decision to cast Louisville out? Some of these DIV schools are on the verge of becoming DV, so its logical for them to exit or conglomerate amongst themselves to throw the big fish out of the pond.
Old 12-11-15, 12:33 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
What about just having Louisvlle JV's teams become the 8th team? Just move up the jv teams to play varsity and louisville would lose a game or two in the league, maybe.

Never have a I ever heard of a league kicking a team out for being too good. Your kids will quit things their entire lives.
Old 12-11-15, 12:35 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
You make a valid argument I will now ponder over lunch.

The noise has always been "they (leps) are too big" where that is just a bunch of cheese, but your basis stating the standards, goals, competitiveness is very lopsided with the leps holding a strong advantage.

Which is a shame that the entire league wants to punish and exile one school for being more "excellent" than them.
Old 12-11-15, 12:38 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
As a long time Alliance guy... I hate to see this happen to us AGAIN!!..first the All-American Conference...enrollment dropped then the Federal League which was not a popular decision....enrollment drop then the MAC, no rivalry....then the NBC which again was not a popular decision...now this...OK we havent beaten Louisville in a while but the first two out of four game were very competitive and could have been again....IF we are to rebuild a football program we have to continue competing agaisnt good competiton..not sisters of the poor..
Old 12-11-15, 12:58 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
I've just been notified that Louisville will provide brown paper bags to the fans of the seven former NBC schools upon entering an athletic event at Louisville. These bags will be provided at no charge and will allow the fans of the seven former NBC schools to watch the athletic event in shame.
Old 12-11-15, 01:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I've just been notified that Louisville will provide brown paper bags to the fans of the seven former NBC schools upon entering an athletic event at Louisville. These bags will be provided at no charge and will allow the fans of the seven former NBC schools to watch the athletic event in shame.

Pregame fan introduction meetings...
Old 12-11-15, 01:14 PM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is illegal and this forum should be closed. If you want to read the article then you should stop being cheap and pay for the subscription. Asking for someone else to post the article is putting them at risk too. This should be grounds for a suspended yappi account IMHO.

even if the link was posted, if he's not a subscriber, he still couldn't see it. If the site offers "x" amount of free views a month, and he exceeded that, he still couldn't see it! Other than that, nice successful attempt at being a giant ****head!
Old 12-11-15, 01:18 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Why give it to the fans??
Old 12-11-15, 01:37 PM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post
even if the link was posted, if he's not a subscriber, he still couldn't see it. If the site offers "x" amount of free views a month, and he exceeded that, he still couldn't see it! Other than that, nice successful attempt at being a giant ****head!
WOW very mean king. Before he edited his initial post, he asked someone to post the actual story (copy and paste) not just supply a link
Old 12-11-15, 01:44 PM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
If Louisville is so dominant that even its JV teams would win the league titles then why would they (Leps) want to stay in that league? Louisville is about to get a dose of reality just like Northwest did when they no longer had the weak teams of the NBC to beat up on.
Old 12-11-15, 01:47 PM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big09 View Post
If Louisville is so dominant that even its JV teams would win the league titles then why would they (Leps) want to stay in that league? Louisville is about to get a dose of reality just like Northwest did when they no longer had the weak teams of the NBC to beat up on.
There is no such thing as a JV title: confused:
Old 12-11-15, 01:49 PM
All Region

go_leps
This story is intriguing. Where was the outcry when the other teams in the NBC had their hayday...like when West Branch in the 90's as they won the state title in football in 1994. I don't think leaving the NBC ever crossed the mind of Louisville...instead they got better to beat the competition.

Something tells me Salem spearheaded this whole thing...bunch of whiners over there. And the funny thing is Salem asked to join the league after the league was initially formed so they new what they were getting into when they joined.

Old 12-11-15, 01:50 PM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACisBack View Post
What about just having Louisvlle JV's teams become the 8th team? Just move up the jv teams to play varsity and louisville would lose a game or two in the league, maybe.

Never have a I ever heard of a league kicking a team out for being too good. Your kids will quit things their entire lives.
Still confused?
Old 12-11-15, 01:54 PM
All District

clueless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I will tell you this Lynus, it is people like you that I won't miss. I have a son that plays at one of the 7 schools and you with your pompous attitude wants to take it out on him and his parents? You want to make fun of me? That has always been part of the problem. You want to kick our butt and rub our nose in it. There isn't any humility involved. Well here is a news flash: You should beat us a majority of the time. You lose a starter and replace him with someone that is almost just as good. We lose one and we are in a quandary. You just keep making fun of our kids and parents and maybe one Sunday while at church, ask for forgiveness!!!!! I for one won't miss you or your kind.
Old 12-11-15, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
The schools that voted Louisville out can start their own 'NBC' that stands for

"Nobody But Cowards"

Louisville's been left to lurch - thanks for nothing.
Old 12-11-15, 02:04 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big09 View Post
Still confused?
The new league needs an 8th team. Just have Louisville use the jv teams to play again the new league's varsity teams. Make our jv team an nbc varsity team. Then make all of the Louisville varsity teams play some where else.

I just never heard of a team getting kicked out of a league for winning to much. I think the message you are sending your kids is that if they arent good enough to win, do not try and get better, just play teams or people that are less talented.

Personally I am glad we got booted. I think in the long run it will make all our teams better, unless we have to play in the fed. I think if you are one of the 7 other nbc schools your programs just will keep sinking to a jv level.
Old 12-11-15, 02:28 PM
Cooling Off

chiefy jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Serious question....how does loiusville do in all the other sports? Girls included.
Old 12-11-15, 02:28 PM
All District

Stark_Fan is on a distinguished road
West Branch was the school that first lobbied for this. Things could get interesting at the WB- Louisville boys bball game at WB tonight. If we have to continue playing NBC schools for the next 2 years, things could get UGLY. We need to just go independent until we find the right fit.
Old 12-11-15, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

Spencer
Quote:

You should already know.Since you know about everything in Stark county.
Old 12-11-15, 02:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Macdaddy is on a distinguished road
This post is proving more and more why ALL 7 schools wanted the Leps gone.

Simple fact: Enrollment numbers enable enough players to play only one side of the game. All other schools in the NBC have many 2 way starters. It is a matter of numbers. Too make matter worse statements like:

- Salem and West Branch teamed up to do this (Do you not know the history of these rival schools?) Come on
- Let the JV play in the league (More arrogance)
- The other schools need Louisville's attendance and money (obviously not true)
- NBC isn't going anywhere without Louisville (Yeah, right)
- For year's you have wanted out because of the weak schedule (Must have been from the strong playoff runs when you play schools your OWN size.

As for the "sisters of the poor" comment from another Alliance fan, I would say we better worry about competing where we are first.

As for Louisville and all the "we are greater than thou" garbage - Go independent, Go Fed, go Pac 7, Go ITCL, but most importantly...Go away

The dark days for Leps football is returning...remember the last run in the Fed? Can't think of a more deserving group.
Old 12-11-15, 02:52 PM
All Region

go_leps
So does this mean that discussions about a new league being formed about a month ago may be in fact true?...West Holmes, Wooster, Massillon, Lake, Louisville, Dover and New Philly.
Old 12-11-15, 02:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark_Fan View Post
West Branch was the school that first lobbied for this. Things could get interesting at the WB- Louisville boys bball game at WB tonight. If we have to continue playing NBC schools for the next 2 years, things could get UGLY. We need to just go independent until we find the right fit.
The Louisville AD is a Fed guy, came from McKinley, and looking at the football and basketball schedules this year, definitely improved the strength of schedules. I don't think he is looking to back down or shy away. This is a pivotal opportunity for Louisville in my opinion, step up and embrace the challenge, create a culture in addition to the "tradition" Louisville enjoys and is proud of, and make it happen in the Federal league to shut up the naysayers past and present proclaiming Louisville plays in a weak league. Consequently I've been guilty of myself. I'm not thrilled nor believe Independent is the way to go, just ask Northwest, no thank you. With a son in high school, who is definitely affected by this, traveling to Dayton, Cleveland, or Columbus unless state playoff game is not attractive.

How does this impact the Little Leopards program? Say you play in the federal league? I would not imagine the "tradition" of playing in house is beneficial versus not playing against Fed schools in 7th & 8th grade team. Fair question and suggestive more than opinionated. Interesting in hearing other Louisville poster perspectives, per say, worst case scenario Louisville joins the Federal League and how it would impact our youth programs.