Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-11-15, 07:24 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Big changes in NBC

Article in alliance review today, I'm not a subscriber so couldn't read it. If someone sees it please inform what's going on.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-15, 08:22 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I can't access either.....one guess is they are asking louisville to leave....
Old 12-11-15, 08:29 AM
Varsity

noego is on a distinguished road
The 7 schools other than Louisville voted to leave the league in two years or earlier if schedules can be worked out. It says they will form a new league under a new name and are potentially looking for an 8th school. Said school was at meeting last night to gather information and report back to its district. I asked around, but nobody seems to know who the 8th school is.
Old 12-11-15, 08:34 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Looks like Louisville may have to look into that new league possibility with New Philly, Dover, Wooster, CCC, amongst others.
Old 12-11-15, 08:40 AM
All Region

Your speculation on the 8 th. Team I see a team from the PTC Metro in no particular order my guess
Streetsboro
Ravenna
Crestwood
Akron Springfield
Green??
Poland ????
Old 12-11-15, 08:42 AM
All American

mixed feelings on this

but my strongest feeling is its weak - I just lost some respect for the toughness that was once associated with some of those programs. Especially when the enrollment numbers have been getting closer over the last couple counts.

I know there are good reasons and districts must do what is best for them, however there now is a cowardly association to the 7 IMO
Old 12-11-15, 09:01 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
No mixed feelings here

It'll be interesting to hear what all the chest thumpers that claimed "it's not our school that wants Louisville out" have to say. I've been saying it for years that they all wanted us out and they finally convinced the last of them to follow.
Old 12-11-15, 09:13 AM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
I know from West Branch standpoint, too many people want this and I'm not one of them. This is embarrassing and I do not get it.

Question: Just because the other seven said they will join a league together, does that mean they're already contracted to stay together? What happens if there's a league that wants to form with Alliance, Marlington, Ravenna, Coventry, Streetsboro, Crestwood, Field, and Springfield (or something like that)? Does Alliance and Marlington decide to go that way instead? Or can't they by this stupid "agreement"?
Old 12-11-15, 09:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
mixed feelings on this

but my strongest feeling is its weak - I just lost some respect for the toughness that was once associated with some of those programs. Especially when the enrollment numbers have been getting closer over the last couple counts.

I know there are good reasons and districts must do what is best for them, however there now is a cowardly association to the 7 IMO
Maybe that's what they could call the new league...The cowardly 7.
Old 12-11-15, 09:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Maybe that's what they could call the new league...The cowardly 7.
Or the sissy seven. I am just appalled right now...
Old 12-11-15, 09:30 AM
All Region

222left is on a distinguished road
League history is great....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northe...eye_Conference
Old 12-11-15, 09:37 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
The transition and transformation of Louisville sports to the Federal is imminent in my opinion after speaking with a NBC football coach (Not Louisville's) recently. The options are limited (e.g. Independent, Federal, New League). Take a hard look at Louisville's Varsity/JV basketball schedule. Every Federal league school is on the schedule, exception of Jackson, JV played them only. Added St. Ignatius, AF, and Massillon. Forget the lack of competiveness arguments spread across the other non-major sports. In terms of economics, football and basketball, determine the league choice and logically the Federal makes perfect sense. The days of Louisville blowing teams out by 30+ points in football consistently are coming to an end.
Old 12-11-15, 09:38 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222left View Post
Did you make those changes? Interesting 2015 read...
Old 12-11-15, 09:39 AM
All Region

I see some of your points but I always wondered why Louisville stayed anyway. I always felt that the Fed would of better prepared them for the playoffs. Or maybe they were more content with league titles. That's not a knock on Louisville at all. I just think at least football wise they out grew the NBC. Just my opinion. We will see what happens but I think they did Louisville a favor and it will pay dividends down the road. Good luck Leps
Old 12-11-15, 09:39 AM
All American

I read that too
It sums it up from start to finish.
Old 12-11-15, 09:41 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Louisville go to the FED? I said this last year when rumblings were starting of the get Lousiville out of the NBC.

Lake
Louisville
Hoover
Green
Perry
Jackson
Mckinley
Glenoak
Old 12-11-15, 09:46 AM
All American

I hope that stays on wikipedia page. I can't believe FOUR of the founding member schools are just going to walk away from the league. It's not Louisville's fault that the mentality around the rest of the league in football is "let's just go for 2nd place" or "we're going to lose tonight by a lot" or "don't care about the score tonight. Care about getting better for next week". That is carbon copy of today's society and the mentality put in these kids today is that some days you just don't have a chance to win. You only don't have a chance if you think you have no chance. Working harder than your opponents in the off season, focusing on preparation with game film, etc. are dedication and determination that lacks in most communities anymore. That's why I love that WB played Louisville every year. If you didn't match the intensity, determination, and execution, you were going to lose. But if you did those things, you could have a chance to "shock the world" to everyone else. I thought West Branch could have done that this season, but fell a little bit short. Never liked this West Branch A.D., and it's going to be hard for that to change for me after today.

It may not work from an economic standpoint, but Louisville could join the Suburban League. They would be in the American Division with Aurora, Barberton, Copley, Highland, Kent Roosevelt, Revere, and Tallmadge.
Old 12-11-15, 09:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors378 View Post
I know from West Branch standpoint, too many people want this and I'm not one of them. This is embarrassing and I do not get it.

Question: Just because the other seven said they will join a league together, does that mean they're already contracted to stay together? What happens if there's a league that wants to form with Alliance, Marlington, Ravenna, Coventry, Streetsboro, Crestwood, Field, and Springfield (or something like that)? Does Alliance and Marlington decide to go that way instead? Or can't they by this stupid "agreement"?
Regardless, the NBC, is finished...
Old 12-11-15, 09:48 AM
All American

Nothing
But
Cowards

no need to change the name LOL just kidding - kinda

Yet in a productive conversation - who would be candidates to start a new league or join the as the 8th school.....

CCC - St Thomas - NW???? - Dover and Philly are in a league

Does the remaining schools really look to the north west? I think they look to grab beaver or someone east like ravenna southeast

Last edited by Football 101; 12-11-15 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-11-15, 10:03 AM
Varsity

HJ. Shoemaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope that stays on wikipedia page. I can't believe FOUR of the founding member schools are just going to walk away from the league. It's not Louisville's fault that the mentality around the rest of the league in football is "let's just go for 2nd place" or "we're going to lose tonight by a lot" or "don't care about the score tonight. Care about getting better for next week". That is carbon copy of today's society and the mentality put in these kids today is that some days you just don't have a chance to win. You only don't have a chance if you think you have no chance. Working harder than your opponents in the off season, focusing on preparation with game film, etc. are dedication and determination that lacks in most communities anymore. That's why I love that WB played Louisville every year. If you didn't match the intensity, determination, and execution, you were going to lose. But if you did those things, you could have a chance to "shock the world" to everyone else. I thought West Branch could have done that this season, but fell a little bit short. Never liked this West Branch A.D., and it's going to be hard for that to change for me after today.

It may not work from an economic standpoint, but Louisville could join the Suburban League. They would be in the American Division with Aurora, Barberton, Copley, Highland, Kent Roosevelt, Revere, and Tallmadge.
Old 12-11-15, 10:12 AM
All District

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
There may be a chance the ITCL tries to pick up a few of these NBC schools. They are in the expansion process right now.
Old 12-11-15, 10:19 AM
All Region

What is kind of funny is that as the meeting to kick Louisville out of the league was being held, Alliance was busy woodshedding Louisville in Wrestling 42-27.
Old 12-11-15, 10:23 AM
All American

Its weak

no way around it - will be fun listening to how others try to spin the deal. But no way - its a complete bout face and run away from competition. Dont these schools think that when they reach the playoffs after winning the super 7 that they will face schools playing at the competitive level as the Leps?

I guess I could stomach it if the 7 schools only played schools same size or bigger than them for 10 weeks - I guess the question is are there any teams on the 7's schedule where they are playing schools smaller than them by a division, or 2, or 3?

if so that is kinda hypocritical - (here is a secret, when I mentioned this very remark to a coach of one of the 7 his reply was - it's only one game......)

Last edited by Football 101; 12-11-15 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-11-15, 10:37 AM
All District

team all in is an unknown quantity at this point
Heard the big change is that they might win in the post season..
Old 12-11-15, 10:53 AM
All District

1486wd is on a distinguished road
What is Louisville enrollment compared to other fed schools?
Old 12-11-15, 10:56 AM
All Region

fireball is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The Suburban league is very happy and not going to change anytime soon.
Louisville to the Fed is the only real option.
Old 12-11-15, 10:58 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1486wd View Post
What is Louisville enrollment compared to other fed schools?
The last time I looked Lake would be about 100 boys bigger than Louisville, and every other school in the league will have 300 - 900 more boys. Not sure how much those numbers have changed but that was the last I saw.
Old 12-11-15, 10:58 AM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Article in alliance review today, I'm not a subscriber so couldn't read it. If someone sees it please inform what's going on.
This is illegal and this forum should be closed. If you want to read the article then you should stop being cheap and pay for the subscription. Asking for someone else to post the article is putting them at risk too. This should be grounds for a suspended yappi account IMHO.

Anyways what was the article about fully?
Old 12-11-15, 11:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222left View Post
The last time I looked Lake would be about 100 boys bigger than Louisville, and every other school in the league will have 300 - 900 more boys. Not sure how much those numbers have changed but that was the last I saw.
Lake 447

Louisville 351

McKinley at about 1050 is the biggest
Old 12-11-15, 11:06 AM
Varsity

ThaJuice is on a distinguished road
He didn't ask anyone to "re-post", he asked if someone could fill him in had they read it. Quit trying to be the "internet " police because it makes you feel good about yourself.