Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-15, 02:23 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,759
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
2015-16ITCL Girls Basketball

Thought I would start a thread since the season is only a week away....

Who are the favorites this year? Same old teams?

I know South Range lost a few starters from last year so I'm not sure how they will do. They may search for an idendity for the first month or so...hopeful they will be in tournament shape come February.

AgainstAllOdds, how does Columbiana look? Mook graduated right? Will they drop off a little with her gone from the program now, or are there some standouts coming up for the Clippers?

Red Tier:
South Range and Springfield should battle for the league, but I wouldn't be surprised if United didn't battle back after a couple down years. Crestview could also cause problems for eveyone in the tier.

White Tier:
I would think Columbiana is the favorite with Lisbon being a runner-up.

Blue Tier:
Western Reserve has been the team to beat the past couple of years. But with the graduation of Hughes it will be interesting to see how the Blue Devils do this season. The other Bue Devils in McDonald improved a lot last year so it will be interesting to see if they continue that improvement and overtake Reserve. Jackson-Milton is also a tough team in the league, and could finish as a league champion.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-13-15, 02:29 PM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
I think all 3 titles are there for the taking more than ever.

Red Tier: South Range wins it with Crestview following

White Tier : Toss up between Lisbon and Columbiana

Blue Tier: Jackson Milton hands down. McDonald & WR will follow
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-15, 11:28 AM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Raider#23, tell me a little about the SR girls. Losing Durr, Sharpe, and Youngs is alot to lose. What is left and how do you foresee their season ending up?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-15, 08:48 AM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,759
Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Gordon, I'm certainly no expert, but I think they will continue to be one of the top teams in the league. With Matisi coaching I don't see a huge drop off. He has been successful for too long to have a team that doesn't compete.

Yeah, definitely losing Durr, Sharpe and Youngs will be felt, but they have some talented girls that were back-ups last year that will start. Czoper and Durkin return so they have a solid guard and forward combination, then throw in Ritter as another forward, along with Gabriel and Naples at the guard positions. As I said in my earlier post, I think they might struggle a little starting out as they adjust to life without Sharpe, Youngs and Durr, but I think they will be solid again this year. I would expect them to win the league and maybe reach the district finals again, but I don't know if they win the district again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-15, 01:44 PM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
I agree Raider. Matisi always gets the most out of the girls. The Red Tier in Girls Basketball may be the weakest overall of the 3 Tiers. Crestview might actually end up #2 in the tier. As for the District, with Lisbon, Crestview, and Columbiana moving up to D3, does that weaken the district?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-15, 01:25 PM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
Columbiana will be fine. I haven't paid much attention recently. Have been trying to get to as many football games and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. Anyways. The clips will be guard oriented again. I expect much of the same as the past couple of years. Contend of the league, lose in the 2nd round of the Tourney.
The 2 biggest losses will be Witmer and Mook. Mook obviously from a scoring stand point, and Witmer was just a do it all. However they return a good group of guards.
Hammond - She didn't play last year do to an illness, in my opinion she probably has the best over all basketball IQ on the team. Her dad coaches at Leetonia, and she's been around the game her whole life. The only problem she's ever had is that she was behind Mook.
Pennel - She might not be the most athletic but she plays hard. In my opinion she's a steaky shooter. When she's on..She's definitely on...When she's not she's not.. However she's the type of player that does all the little things and you can never question her hustle.
Rovnak - Didn't play last year or played very little because of a knee injury. Another ball handler, athletic, can shoot, and has a great feel for the game.
Those are probably the big 3 they will look for as in senior leadership. I wouldn't be shocked if you saw possibly 5 PG's on the floor at once. They return Cross who started last year. Quick, athletic, and just has a knack for the game. They have a freshman coming up that's going to be the next go too person. Kennedy Fulluum, her sister set a bunch of records when she played not long ago, and I expect her to break all those when it's said and done. Highly competitive, and I don't think there is another frosh who understands the game like her. Columbiana should have a deep bench, the only problem will be no height or bruisers underneath. I'm bases this off the the past year or so. I believe they open up tomorrow with WR? And as always with the Clips you admission goes towards the first half game and 2nd half coaching entertainment.

Good luck to everyone this year!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-15, 01:55 PM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
Columbiana will be fine. I haven't paid much attention recently. Have been trying to get to as many football games and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. Anyways. The clips will be guard oriented again. I expect much of the same as the past couple of years. Contend of the league, lose in the 2nd round of the Tourney.
The 2 biggest losses will be Witmer and Mook. Mook obviously from a scoring stand point, and Witmer was just a do it all. However they return a good group of guards.
Hammond - She didn't play last year do to an illness, in my opinion she probably has the best over all basketball IQ on the team. Her dad coaches at Leetonia, and she's been around the game her whole life. The only problem she's ever had is that she was behind Mook.
Pennel - She might not be the most athletic but she plays hard. In my opinion she's a steaky shooter. When she's on..She's definitely on...When she's not she's not.. However she's the type of player that does all the little things and you can never question her hustle.
Rovnak - Didn't play last year or played very little because of a knee injury. Another ball handler, athletic, can shoot, and has a great feel for the game.
Those are probably the big 3 they will look for as in senior leadership. I wouldn't be shocked if you saw possibly 5 PG's on the floor at once. They return Cross who started last year. Quick, athletic, and just has a knack for the game. They have a freshman coming up that's going to be the next go too person. Kennedy Fulluum, her sister set a bunch of records when she played not long ago, and I expect her to break all those when it's said and done. Highly competitive, and I don't think there is another frosh who understands the game like her. Columbiana should have a deep bench, the only problem will be no height or bruisers underneath. I'm bases this off the the past year or so. I believe they open up tomorrow with WR? And as always with the Clips you admission goes towards the first half game and 2nd half coaching entertainment.

Good luck to everyone this year!

I was able to see a couple scrimmages of the Clip girls. It was their standard 2-2-1 press but they seemed to lack the aggressiveness and quickness of the past couple years. What stood out most was the struggle to score. If they're forced to shoot the basketball, they could be looking at under 40 pts/game. Their success will depend on how well they run that zone press.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-15, 03:07 PM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
I havent seen anything yet. My personal opinion - A lot of guards who CAN score. But no true scorer or person who wants the ball in their hands...yet. The true scorer will be Fullum in my book. It might take a few games, but that's the person I would look too. Good Height, can pass, dribble, shoot. I don't know of a freshman around as good as her currently.
The press will be fine, especially in the division they are in. I don't know much about wellsville, but Southern Leetonia aren't that strong. Lisbon is the only one I would think could give them a game. Columbiana generally starts out slow and really picks up the steam come late december and January.

South Range should take the Red Tier. Only competition is?? Crestview maybe? SR is going to be reloading for years to come. Matisi could rack up 200 wins in the next 10 years with the talent coming up.

Jackson Milton takes the blue tier, but splits with McDonald.

I'll give you more on the Clips once I see them play. I know of a few of there players, but until I can watch I'm just throwing out generalizations.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-15, 11:18 PM
Targeting Targeting is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-22-13
Posts: 163
Targeting is on a distinguished road
SRange 84, Pymatuning Valley 40.
Wasn't there so I can't comment. I plan on going to the game on Monday to see this years edition of the Raiders.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-23-15, 06:28 PM
Scrapper56 Scrapper56 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-25-07
Location: Deerfield Ohio
Posts: 2,448
Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
McDonald opened with a very nice win at Springfield. They travel to United tonight, then get a good test Monday when they host Columbiana. The blue devils return a lot from last years team so I think this will be their year to compete for a league title. Good luck lady devils...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-24-15, 12:24 AM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
After being able to see the first 2 games of the lady Clips here's my take. Cross is best all around player. She rebounds, can shoot well, has no problem handling the ball in the open court, and is very impressive with her passing. Also Rovnak had a quiet 11 or 12 points. The thing that plays in the hands for Columbiana is they have 5 or 6 girls who could score 15-20 on any given night.
WR had a great game plan, currently, I think they are just looking for an identity and who their go to player is. I never like to judge in the first couple of games simply because scrimmages and practice isn't "game speed." Give it time and WR will be a sleeper, they will be a team I'd stay away from in the tournament. There isn't much to say about the Columbiana/Sebring game, it was 67-17 and I'm pretty sure every girl for the clips scored. You start to feel bad after a while, but they just don't have a lot of talent.
Looking at Columbiana's schedule, I don't see many teams that will test them. They have Mooney again, added East Liverpool, Lisbon will give them their best shot, but I think the measuring stick in the whole league is South Range. I'd really like to see these 2 teams play one another.
Game 1 Reserve did a nice job handling the press, they had a lot of patience and handled it pretty well in my opinion. They did have a few break downs where they threw it away and they seemed to be at costly times. It was tied 15-15 after 1 and after the Clips made a little run I don't think Reserve could ever get past the hump of 6 or 7 points. If Columbiana plays a bigger team who has decent guards they could be in trouble, but they are rather deep. With the exception of Sebring they still played a solid 7 or 8 girls against reserve, all who can contribute.

The Clippers shouldn't have a problem with their tier, and honestly I don't see anyone in the ITCL beating them, at least not a team that stands out. I think they get in a holiday tourney so I can't really speak for it. However, if Columbiana comes out thinking they will breeze through McDonald the Devils could get them. I liked how McDonald played them last year, they just couldn't put it all together. It's also nice seeing McDonalds coaches getting better with this group of girls, if this is the same group of girls and coaches form 2 or 3 years ago they got smacked pretty hard in the first round of the the tourney and didn't show much emotion. Last year you could tell the organization as a whole got better. I'm hoping for a better game because spending 6$ to watch a 50 point blow out isn't exactly getting the most bang for your buck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-25-15, 09:04 AM
warriors378 warriors378 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-23-07
Posts: 2,223
warriors378 is on a distinguished road
I'll take a swing at it.

Red Tier
South Range
Crestview
East Palestine
N.M. Springfield
United

White Tier
Columbiana
Lisbon
Leetonia
Wellsville
Southern

Blue Tier
Jackson-Milton
McDonald
Western Reserve
Lowellville
Mineral Ridge
Sebring
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-15, 09:22 PM
Scrapper56 Scrapper56 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-25-07
Location: Deerfield Ohio
Posts: 2,448
Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
After being able to see the first 2 games of the lady Clips here's my take. Cross is best all around player. She rebounds, can shoot well, has no problem handling the ball in the open court, and is very impressive with her passing. Also Rovnak had a quiet 11 or 12 points. The thing that plays in the hands for Columbiana is they have 5 or 6 girls who could score 15-20 on any given night.
WR had a great game plan, currently, I think they are just looking for an identity and who their go to player is. I never like to judge in the first couple of games simply because scrimmages and practice isn't "game speed." Give it time and WR will be a sleeper, they will be a team I'd stay away from in the tournament. There isn't much to say about the Columbiana/Sebring game, it was 67-17 and I'm pretty sure every girl for the clips scored. You start to feel bad after a while, but they just don't have a lot of talent.
Looking at Columbiana's schedule, I don't see many teams that will test them. They have Mooney again, added East Liverpool, Lisbon will give them their best shot, but I think the measuring stick in the whole league is South Range. I'd really like to see these 2 teams play one another.
Game 1 Reserve did a nice job handling the press, they had a lot of patience and handled it pretty well in my opinion. They did have a few break downs where they threw it away and they seemed to be at costly times. It was tied 15-15 after 1 and after the Clips made a little run I don't think Reserve could ever get past the hump of 6 or 7 points. If Columbiana plays a bigger team who has decent guards they could be in trouble, but they are rather deep. With the exception of Sebring they still played a solid 7 or 8 girls against reserve, all who can contribute.

The Clippers shouldn't have a problem with their tier, and honestly I don't see anyone in the ITCL beating them, at least not a team that stands out. I think they get in a holiday tourney so I can't really speak for it. However, if Columbiana comes out thinking they will breeze through McDonald the Devils could get them. I liked how McDonald played them last year, they just couldn't put it all together. It's also nice seeing McDonalds coaches getting better with this group of girls, if this is the same group of girls and coaches form 2 or 3 years ago they got smacked pretty hard in the first round of the the tourney and didn't show much emotion. Last year you could tell the organization as a whole got better. I'm hoping for a better game because spending 6$ to watch a 50 point blow out isn't exactly getting the most bang for your buck.
Final McDonald 46 Clippers 35 McDonald fell behind early 13-4 but kept patient, rallied, and turned a 27-22 halftime deficit into a 46 35 win.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-15, 09:26 PM
Scrapper56 Scrapper56 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-25-07
Location: Deerfield Ohio
Posts: 2,448
Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
Columbiana will be fine. I haven't paid much attention recently. Have been trying to get to as many football games and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. Anyways. The clips will be guard oriented again. I expect much of the same as the past couple of years. Contend of the league, lose in the 2nd round of the Tourney.
The 2 biggest losses will be Witmer and Mook. Mook obviously from a scoring stand point, and Witmer was just a do it all. However they return a good group of guards.
Hammond - She didn't play last year do to an illness, in my opinion she probably has the best over all basketball IQ on the team. Her dad coaches at Leetonia, and she's been around the game her whole life. The only problem she's ever had is that she was behind Mook.
Pennel - She might not be the most athletic but she plays hard. In my opinion she's a steaky shooter. When she's on..She's definitely on...When she's not she's not.. However she's the type of player that does all the little things and you can never question her hustle.
Rovnak - Didn't play last year or played very little because of a knee injury. Another ball handler, athletic, can shoot, and has a great feel for the game.
Those are probably the big 3 they will look for as in senior leadership. I wouldn't be shocked if you saw possibly 5 PG's on the floor at once. They return Cross who started last year. Quick, athletic, and just has a knack for the game. They have a freshman coming up that's going to be the next go too person. Kennedy Fulluum, her sister set a bunch of records when she played not long ago, and I expect her to break all those when it's said and done. Highly competitive, and I don't think there is another frosh who understands the game like her. Columbiana should have a deep bench, the only problem will be no height or bruisers underneath. I'm bases this off the the past year or so. I believe they open up tomorrow with WR? And as always with the Clips you admission goes towards the first half game and 2nd half coaching entertainment.

Good luck to everyone this year!
Just wondering, where is Mook and Witmer playing college ball at??
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-30-15, 09:56 PM
BLUE DEVIL 81 BLUE DEVIL 81 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-11-07
Posts: 418
BLUE DEVIL 81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper56 View Post
Final McDonald 46 Clippers 35 McDonald fell behind early 13-4 but kept patient, rallied, and turned a 27-22 halftime deficit into a 46 35 win.
Who was the "gentleman" from Columbiana who confronted our scorekeeper after the game tonight. Sounded like he accused our scorekeeper of lacking in sportsmanship. Our scorekeeper happens to be Chris Rupe, the boy's head cross country coach. You are not going to find a guy with more class than him. His picture should be next to the definition for sportsmanship in the dictionary.
McDonald won with class tonight. Unfortunately, I cannot say that for the Columbiana program. 2 years ago, when McDonald was a young, inexperienced team, your classy coach left Mook in almost the entire 4th Q when they were up by at least 35-40. It was obvious he instructed the girls that only Mook was to shoot. I guess he wanted her to get the single game scoring record for the school. But it wasn't like she only needed a couple points. She scored quite a few in that 4th Q and they put 101 pts on McDonald. That is really classy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-15, 10:31 PM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Lisbon Lady Devils beat EP 55-30. Played a decent up tempo game pushing the ball early and often. They will face a tough test Thursday vs McDonald. If they can keep it up tempo they should be in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-15, 09:47 AM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
Witmer is not playing in college. Mook is playing at Ursuline.

Hat's off to McDonald. They didn't get rattled, and as mentioned had the patience to do what they needed to to get the win. Being down 13-4 it's only going to go 1 of 2 ways. If I'm the McDonald's coaches at half time and won 4 my message is "we have them exactly where we want them" which point in case, McDonald did.

Here's my assessment so far for the Clips. The offense tends to get stagnant. In my opinion they are still looking for that play maker, and the team has quite a few girls who could do it. In years past, when it got close, you would have Mook, Witmer, or Fullum come out and put the team on their back and make something happen. I'm not belittling any of the current players; it has more to do with most of them have been role players in the previous years, and it's not something they are used to. You can tell at times on offense they are looking for someone to do something and it kind of stalls. Also I think a lot of teams aren't intimidated by there press anymore, if you have decent ball handlers and the patience (which McDonald does) then it really slows the game down and tends to get frustrating for the defense.

This was a big win for the Lady Devils. I still think they split with JM and honestly it doesn't shock me they beat Columbiana. Each year that I've watched them they've gotten better and better. The key will be to not make this their only marquee win and play to the level of other competition. Columbiana should rebound, bold statement by me saying they wouldn't get beat in the itcl, but I'll eat my crow and move on. The clips will bounce back and be just fine.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the tournament break down?? Who will be playing where. I know the boys fields have been set, wondering if the same has been done for the girls?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-15, 09:48 AM
itclfan2017 itclfan2017 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-14
Posts: 59
itclfan2017 is on a distinguished road
So much for no one in the conference beating the Clips.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-15, 11:34 AM
itclfan2017 itclfan2017 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-14
Posts: 59
itclfan2017 is on a distinguished road
Tournament breakdown is complete. nedab.org
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-15, 09:51 PM
Scrapper56 Scrapper56 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-25-07
Location: Deerfield Ohio
Posts: 2,448
Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
Witmer is not playing in college. Mook is playing at Ursuline.

Hat's off to McDonald. They didn't get rattled, and as mentioned had the patience to do what they needed to to get the win. Being down 13-4 it's only going to go 1 of 2 ways. If I'm the McDonald's coaches at half time and won 4 my message is "we have them exactly where we want them" which point in case, McDonald did.

Here's my assessment so far for the Clips. The offense tends to get stagnant. In my opinion they are still looking for that play maker, and the team has quite a few girls who could do it. In years past, when it got close, you would have Mook, Witmer, or Fullum come out and put the team on their back and make something happen. I'm not belittling any of the current players; it has more to do with most of them have been role players in the previous years, and it's not something they are used to. You can tell at times on offense they are looking for someone to do something and it kind of stalls. Also I think a lot of teams aren't intimidated by there press anymore, if you have decent ball handlers and the patience (which McDonald does) then it really slows the game down and tends to get frustrating for the defense.

This was a big win for the Lady Devils. I still think they split with JM and honestly it doesn't shock me they beat Columbiana. Each year that I've watched them they've gotten better and better. The key will be to not make this their only marquee win and play to the level of other competition. Columbiana should rebound, bold statement by me saying they wouldn't get beat in the itcl, but I'll eat my crow and move on. The clips will bounce back and be just fine.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the tournament break down?? Who will be playing where. I know the boys fields have been set, wondering if the same has been done for the girls?
Thank you. Both were very solid High school players. Good assessment of the game. It was good to see the devil seniors really step it up and get the job done. I have no doubt the Clippers will rebound. I thought they fought hard and are a tough bunch..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-02-15, 08:55 AM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
Many don't care for Mosch, whether you love him or hate him, I do know this. He does make the girls mentally tougher. They should still win a lot of games, and all the loss has done is take pressure of losing off of them now. I'd see them playing a bit more relaxed. Looking at the Tournament brackets, I'd be wanting to play my best ball come Feb, the district they are in will be a tough one.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-15, 06:34 AM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
McDonald beat Lisbon 46-31 last night. McDonald is steady, fundamental, and methodical. Lisbon turned up the pressure in the 2nd half and got to within 4 but ran out of gas late.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-05-15, 08:28 AM
Scrapper56 Scrapper56 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-25-07
Location: Deerfield Ohio
Posts: 2,448
Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
Many don't care for Mosch, whether you love him or hate him, I do know this. He does make the girls mentally tougher. They should still win a lot of games, and all the loss has done is take pressure of losing off of them now. I'd see them playing a bit more relaxed. Looking at the Tournament brackets, I'd be wanting to play my best ball come Feb, the district they are in will be a tough one.
Was able to watch Mosch coach boys for the first time last night against McDonald and Coach Rasile. If you were bored on a Friday night, that was the place to be.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-15, 10:27 AM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Not much activity on this thread (bummer) but here is a score from Lisbon. Lisbon girls beats WR 41-39 last night. A physical defensive battle that came down to the last possession. Lisbon is finding rotation combos as the season progresses. The game was won on a nifty heads up inbound improptu by the inbounder passing the ball off a WR girl with her back to the baseline and catching it to herself with 9 sec remaining and putting it in!. HECK OF A FINISH!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-15, 01:04 PM
itclfan2017 itclfan2017 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-14
Posts: 59
itclfan2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds03 View Post
Many don't care for Mosch, whether you love him or hate him, I do know this. He does make the girls mentally tougher. They should still win a lot of games, and all the loss has done is take pressure of losing off of them now. I'd see them playing a bit more relaxed. Looking at the Tournament brackets, I'd be wanting to play my best ball come Feb, the district they are in will be a tough one.

Absolutely correct, almost everyone doesn't care for Musch unless your name is Mook.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-08-15, 01:05 PM
AgainstAllOdds03 AgainstAllOdds03 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-10-12
Posts: 530
AgainstAllOdds03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper56 View Post
Was able to watch Mosch coach boys for the first time last night against McDonald and Coach Rasile. If you were bored on a Friday night, that was the place to be.
That was to be a given. Haha. Other than about a 3 minute lull the Clips were right there. Then they just traded baskets when they were down 18 and couldn't chip into the lead.

Not much to report, As I said earlier Columbiana has about 5/6 girls who could go off for 20 any given night. Congrats to Elise Hammond on the school record by the way. Columbiana has 2 big ones coming up, Home against Crestview on Thursday. And at South Range next Monday. Crestview will play us tough, because they always do, and South Range is South Range.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-15, 02:35 PM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Is this a Clipper thread or ITCL thread? Nobody out there going to Girls' games?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-11-15, 03:38 AM
BLUE DEVIL 81 BLUE DEVIL 81 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-11-07
Posts: 418
BLUE DEVIL 81 is on a distinguished road
Nice to see the McDonald girls are unbeaten. I believe they won 3 games the first 2 years under the Dolsaks. Nice turnaround for the program.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-11-15, 06:40 AM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE DEVIL 81 View Post
Nice to see the McDonald girls are unbeaten. I believe they won 3 games the first 2 years under the Dolsaks. Nice turnaround for the program.
Yes. They play their game, which is more of a slow down methodical approach. They aren't flashy but fundamental and disciplined in their approach (especially defensively). They will challenge for that Blue Tier for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-11-15, 06:42 AM
Gordon1212 Gordon1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-24-15
Posts: 141
Gordon1212 is on a distinguished road
Was surprised at a couple of scores last night. Two that stuck out was the Crestview/Columbiana & JM/WR games. Both close games and to me was a gauge for the league. I truly believe the Whie and Blue Tiers are up for grabs this year and should be interesting. The Red tier is SR then everyone else.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz