Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-16, 11:28 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,054
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Question US Soccer Training Center Program

I've read what the DA has on their website about the training center program. I was wondering if anyone here has been involved with it and can give some insight into to their experience and their positives and negatives with it.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-10-16, 02:08 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Made an account just to answer this. The US soccer training center program is an excellent opportunity to get seen by US national team scouts. This in turn can lead to other scouting opportunities. It's a tryout of sorts, way more than a "training camp". What is learned is how other players that were invited play, and a little bit about the play philosophy of US Soccer. They aren't going to teach anyone, they are gonna look at what you already got. It's the multi day camps that get more into training. The single day ones are there for player identification only.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-16, 12:37 AM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,054
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Made an account just to answer this. The US soccer training center program is an excellent opportunity to get seen by US national team scouts. This in turn can lead to other scouting opportunities. It's a tryout of sorts, way more than a "training camp". What is learned is how other players that were invited play, and a little bit about the play philosophy of US Soccer. They aren't going to teach anyone, they are gonna look at what you already got. It's the multi day camps that get more into training. The single day ones are there for player identification only.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I like the insight into the difference between the training center being more of a "tryout" of sorts as opposed to teaching/learning opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-16, 09:25 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
No problem. The program includes training opportunities, you just have to get past the one day camps, which is very very competitive.

Edit: I will say that playing against and running drills with the type of competition that goes to these one day events IS a form of training, players always learn something at times like that.

Last edited by 2731; 10-11-16 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-16, 02:45 PM
DayFlyers DayFlyers is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-06-11
Posts: 232
DayFlyers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I've read what the DA has on their website about the training center program. I was wondering if anyone here has been involved with it and can give some insight into to their experience and their positives and negatives with it.

Thanks in advance.
This is invitation only, I wasn't sure if you were aware
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-16, 04:42 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,054
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayFlyers View Post
This is invitation only, I wasn't sure if you were aware
Yes
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-16, 04:45 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,054
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
No problem. The program includes training opportunities, you just have to get past the one day camps, which is very very competitive.

Edit: I will say that playing against and running drills with the type of competition that goes to these one day events IS a form of training, players always learn something at times like that.
Good point and very true. I teach my kids that every experience is a learning experience. It's on you to learn from it though. But like you said before, there is still a difference between an environment built to teach and one built to evaluate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shamrock Wrestling Club - K thru 12 Training & Competition Programs - Akron, Ohio Shamrock1 Wrestling 2 11-02-16 12:39 PM
Dear College Soccer Coach sportsfanofyear Girls Soccer 23 04-20-16 10:53 AM
Co-Ed Fall Basketball Elite Training Camp kvoelite Boys Basketball 0 09-02-15 11:13 AM
OAC Training - Open Training for Jr. High & Grade School - Akron Wrestling Club awc2 Wrestling 1 02-23-15 04:36 PM
Is Select Necessary? Gem City Girls Soccer 17 04-29-14 11:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz