Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-19-16, 11:28 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Question US Soccer Training Center Program

I've read what the DA has on their website about the training center program. I was wondering if anyone here has been involved with it and can give some insight into to their experience and their positives and negatives with it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-16, 02:08 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Made an account just to answer this. The US soccer training center program is an excellent opportunity to get seen by US national team scouts. This in turn can lead to other scouting opportunities. It's a tryout of sorts, way more than a "training camp". What is learned is how other players that were invited play, and a little bit about the play philosophy of US Soccer. They aren't going to teach anyone, they are gonna look at what you already got. It's the multi day camps that get more into training. The single day ones are there for player identification only.
Old 10-11-16, 12:37 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Made an account just to answer this. The US soccer training center program is an excellent opportunity to get seen by US national team scouts. This in turn can lead to other scouting opportunities. It's a tryout of sorts, way more than a "training camp". What is learned is how other players that were invited play, and a little bit about the play philosophy of US Soccer. They aren't going to teach anyone, they are gonna look at what you already got. It's the multi day camps that get more into training. The single day ones are there for player identification only.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I like the insight into the difference between the training center being more of a "tryout" of sorts as opposed to teaching/learning opportunity.
Old 10-11-16, 09:25 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
No problem. The program includes training opportunities, you just have to get past the one day camps, which is very very competitive.

Edit: I will say that playing against and running drills with the type of competition that goes to these one day events IS a form of training, players always learn something at times like that.

Last edited by 2731; 10-11-16 at 09:45 AM..
Old 10-11-16, 02:45 PM
All District

DayFlyers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I've read what the DA has on their website about the training center program. I was wondering if anyone here has been involved with it and can give some insight into to their experience and their positives and negatives with it.

Thanks in advance.
This is invitation only, I wasn't sure if you were aware
Old 10-11-16, 04:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayFlyers View Post
This is invitation only, I wasn't sure if you were aware
Yes
Old 10-11-16, 04:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
No problem. The program includes training opportunities, you just have to get past the one day camps, which is very very competitive.

Edit: I will say that playing against and running drills with the type of competition that goes to these one day events IS a form of training, players always learn something at times like that.
Good point and very true. I teach my kids that every experience is a learning experience. It's on you to learn from it though. But like you said before, there is still a difference between an environment built to teach and one built to evaluate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: