Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-20-14, 12:31 PM
Varsity

TeamVisionWrestling is on a distinguished road
OAC Youth State Duals 2014/2015 Registration Now Up!

Where -Norwood Middle School Field House (Elm Ave Entrance)
2060 Sherman Ave, Norwood Ohio, 45212

When - 12/28/2014

Entry Fee: $200 per team ($10 a weight class for a guaranteed 5 matches). Max of 12 teams. This is on a first pay first serve basis. First 12 teams to supply their entry fee will be accepted into the tournament. Sorry no refunds if your team withdraws. We will not be sharing athletes to fill rosters. Allstar teams and non-Ohio teams accepted but will not be able to qualify for the State Duals in Columbus. There's a separate Allstar team division at the Youth State Duals that doesn't require a qualifier. Only teams that feed Ohio High School Programs will be eligible to qualify.

Weigh-Ins: After talking to coaches we are going to make the weigh-ins honor system. The week of Christmas will make it tough to get all the kids weighed in ahead of time. Coach will be permitted to challenge weights of wrestlers day-of. If the wrestler is not within 2 pounds of the submitted weight class they will have to wrestle up, or cut down to the weight by the next match they want to wrestle at said weight.

Event Start: First matches will begin promptly at 10:00am on 12/28/2014. Gates will open at 8:00am. Only registered wrestlers and coaches are admitted for free. There will be a Coaches Hospitality Room.

Admission: $5 Adults Ages 18 and up. $3 students ages 17 and under. Free for ages 3 and under. You will NOT be asked to leave and re-enter for the finals. Your entry ticket is a raffle ticket for a 32" T.V. and can be used for a free coffee at the concessions stand! They will use a black check mark on your ticket when you get your free coffee.

Team Rosters: I need all Team Rosters by Wednesday December 24th.

Format/Rules: Pool Style. There will be 2 pools of "X" teams (amount of teams entered divided by 2). You will wrestle each of your opponents once. High School rules and the periods will run 1-1-1 with a no clock first take down wins overtime. Depending on the amount of teams entered will decide the championship rounds. If 8-10 teams enter, the top Seed from pool A will wrestle the 2nd seed from Pool B and vice versa. Winner of those matches will wrestle for 1st/2nd, losers for 3rd/4th. Same for the seeds below the top 2 to guarantee everyone gets at minimum 5 matches. If there are 11-12 teams, top seed in each pool will wrestle for 1st/2nd, the second seed in both pools will wrestle for 3rd/4th and so on. Tie breaker on Team Record will be head to head. If three or more teams are tied and head to head cannot decide a winner – total team points will be the tiebreaker. Should there be a tie again – total pins, total techs, total majors, total decisions in that order. There will be paid and OHSAA certified officials on all mats. All rosters and dual matches will be set-up for you ahead of time. Coaches only need to show up and Coach! All wins by any amount = 3 points. Forfeit of class with a wrestler weighed in = 3 points. Bonus wins will be used to factor in to break a tie but they will only count as 3 points for the meet…Most wins, pins/for, TFs (12pts), majors (8pts), take downs

Weights: 40, 45, 50, 55, 58, 61, 65, 68, 71, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 180

Awards: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams. Top 3 qualify for the State Finals if there are 12 teams. Top 2 if there are 7-11 teams. Champion only if there are 6 or less teams.

Contact: Coach Mike Guest 513-872-9626 or TeamVision@outlook.com.

Activities: There will be another raffle drawing this year as well as O.A.C. State Qualifier T-Shirts being sold. There will be 4 mats ran and gym scoreboards for each mat. Results will be constantly updated for everyone in attendance to see.

There are only 4 spots remaining - first pay first serve basis. Teams Currently Confirmed:

Team Vision
Purcell Kids Club
Midwest Wrestling Club
Elder
Ryle
Tribe
Fairfield
Sycamore

Last edited by TeamVisionWrestling; 12-15-14 at 08:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-14, 08:21 PM
All District

grappledude is on a distinguished road
What high school does Midwest Wrestling Club feed in to?
Old 04-21-14, 07:31 PM
All Region

Cradle Rocker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grappledude View Post
What high school does Midwest Wrestling Club feed in to?
I would sort of like to hear an answer to this question myself.
Old 04-22-14, 07:00 AM
All American

Dionysus is on a distinguished road
Who cares? Is all the wrestling community does is complain anymore?

How about thanking this coach for putting a tournament together?
Old 04-22-14, 01:15 PM
Varsity

JustShoot is on a distinguished road
Is this a 12u or 6th and under? I'd age determined day of?
Old 04-22-14, 04:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Who cares? Is all the wrestling community does is complain anymore?

How about thanking this coach for putting a tournament together?
Just thought it was a fair question since it was so clear they were excluding "all star" teams. Nobody was bent out of shape or assaulted anybody's tournament. You are right, the answer doesn't really matter, so I guess I shouldn't care. Regardless we are not able to participate. Looks like a great tournament & opportunity for those in high school feeder programs. As always, I truly appreciate anybody in the wrestling community who is trying to create more opportunities to further the sport.
Old 05-21-14, 01:56 PM
Varsity

Bump. And I have the official weight classes now. I'll post those later tonight
Old 05-21-14, 02:06 PM
All District

So what high school does Midwest Wrestling Club feed in to?
Old 05-21-14, 02:45 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by grappledude View Post
So what high school does Midwest Wrestling Club feed in to?
Ask their Coach. His contact information is available on the cyw.org website under Teams and Coaches.
Old 05-21-14, 02:47 PM
Varsity

Here are the official weight classes they have been announced. And we will have 20 classes rather than 19. So your entry fee will come to an even $10 a wrestler for 5 or more matches almost guaranteed (nay forfeits).

Weight Classes: 40, 45, 50, 55, 58, 61, 65, 68, 71, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 180
Old 05-21-14, 03:04 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustShoot View Post
Is this a 12u or 6th and under? I'd age determined day of?
Great question - this is 6th grade and under. No 7th graders permitted.
Old 05-21-14, 06:26 PM
Varsity

Last Post Today - From the O.A.C. themselves.

Eligibility: Open to all OAC Divisions 1-4 wrestlers (no 7th graders may compete). It is likely the lower weight classes will be filled by younger division wrestlers.

Divisions:
For the community division a team may have up to 4 wrestlers added to that are from anywhere. The rest of the team must be from the same school.

For All-Star division wrestlers can be from anywhere.

Some exceptions may be necessary for teams that are formed by way of a league draft

Any questions on what division your team would be under contact info@ohioathletics.com

Qualifier Tournament Style: Dual Pool
- Qualifiers with 6 or less teams will consist of one (1) pool. Each team will wrestle all other teams.
- Qualifiers with 7-10 teams will consist of two (2) pools. Each team will wrestle each of the other teams in their pool. Once the pool wrestling is completed the corresponding pool placers will wrestle each other for the final matches to determine placements.

All wins by any amount = 3 points
Forfeit of class with a wrestler weighed in = 3 points
Forfeit of class where no one is weighed in = 2 points

By doing the scoring as above and having the forfeits be only the same as a win or 1 less than a win coaches are not at such a disadvantage if they cannot fill all the weights. It will not be such a deficit to make up.
Also, by having pins, tech falls, majors and decisions all equal the same it does not encourage kids or coaches to run up the score on someone and it is more of a team aspect. The bonus wins can be used to factor in to break a tie but they will only count as 3 points for the meet.

Any questions on what division your team would be under contact info@ohioathletics.com

State Qualification:
- Qualifiers with six 6 or less teams will qualify the champion team to the State Tournament
- Qualifiers with seven 7 or more teams will qualify the top 3 teams to the State Tournament
Old 05-23-14, 07:19 AM
All Region

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
A couple of quick questions.

How many mats will you be running?
Will they be full, half or quarter mats?

Because your last post had something about All Star teams I believe that was just a copying thing. This is just Community right? However, each Community team can add 4 additional wrestlers from different schools or clubs right?

How many other qualifying tournaments are they having?

This sounds very cool and I am glad to see that smaller schools are really getting involved in being more active. Seems like Team Vision/Norwood is really coming along. Nice to see Deer Park, Purcell and others as well.
Old 05-23-14, 07:23 AM
All Region

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
For those who wanted to know I checked out Midwest Wrestling Club.

I just like to know who are all of the different clubs and teams. I like to take my son to different rooms to wrestle so it is good to know the various options. Seems like nobody likes to go by the school name anymore.

About.
At MIDWEST We Teach A FOUNDATION That Will Last A Lifetime.

Mission
To take it to the next level through blood, sweat, tears.

Company Overview
MIDWEST Wrestling Club is a non-profit sports program. MIDWEST is affiliated with Cincinnati Youth Wrestling and participates in scheduled citywide events. MIDWEST wrestlers also compete in national USA Wrestling, AAU, American Crown events. On the state level our wrestlers compete at OURWAY and OAC events. The club is solely supported by each participant's registration fee, fundraising efforts, and donations.

Description
Our Wrestling Club Offers: A Training Facility, Championship Wrestlers, Wrestling For Any Age, Wrestling For Any Experience Level, Beginner Training, Day Camps, Pre Season Programs, Season Programs, Strength Training, Christmas Camp, Indy Nationals Camp, Pre-State Camp, Top / Bottom Camp, Advanced Technique Camp, Fun Wrestling Camp, Host A Camp, Family Discounts
Old 05-23-14, 09:14 AM
Varsity

icoach is on a distinguished road
Is this open to all teams or just your region I have a central Ohio team that would like to enter. I can't find any info on oac website about state duals
Old 05-23-14, 09:56 AM
All District

galewrestling is on a distinguished road
There will be multiple OAC State dual qualifiers all over the state, Lancaster will also be hosting one in December. Information will be posted when the date is set.
Old 05-23-14, 03:24 PM
Varsity

icoach is on a distinguished road
Thanks gale sounds great and a little closer
Old 05-23-14, 04:19 PM
All Region

Still just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
For those who wanted to know I checked out Midwest Wrestling Club.

I just like to know who are all of the different clubs and teams. I like to take my son to different rooms to wrestle so it is good to know the various options. Seems like nobody likes to go by the school name anymore.

About.
At MIDWEST We Teach A FOUNDATION That Will Last A Lifetime.

Mission
To take it to the next level through blood, sweat, tears.

Company Overview
MIDWEST Wrestling Club is a non-profit sports program. MIDWEST is affiliated with Cincinnati Youth Wrestling and participates in scheduled citywide events. MIDWEST wrestlers also compete in national USA Wrestling, AAU, American Crown events. On the state level our wrestlers compete at OURWAY and OAC events. The club is solely supported by each participant's registration fee, fundraising efforts, and donations.

Sorry but I just can't help it... So what high Scholl program does Midwest feed into?

Description
Our Wrestling Club Offers: A Training Facility, Championship Wrestlers, Wrestling For Any Age, Wrestling For Any Experience Level, Beginner Training, Day Camps, Pre Season Programs, Season Programs, Strength Training, Christmas Camp, Indy Nationals Camp, Pre-State Camp, Top / Bottom Camp, Advanced Technique Camp, Fun Wrestling Camp, Host A Camp, Family Discounts
So what high school program does Midwest feed into? All this info is great, but it definitely avoids the question.
Old 05-24-14, 08:12 AM
All District

Midwest is Coach Pine's club. It doesnt feed any particular school
Old 06-02-14, 09:08 AM
Varsity

I'll answer other questions later. But I was informed the high school coaches classic has been announced and it's the same date as our meet. We are most likely moving the date of our meet. I don't want parents having to choose between going to their high school meet or elementary meet. That's not fair. More info on this as I get it.
Old 06-02-14, 07:57 PM
Varsity

Date has been officially moved to 12/28/2014 - the day after the Adam Cox Memorial Tournament. I'm glad we will not be on the same day as the Coaches Classic as that is one of (if not THE) most prominent/prestigious tournaments in this area.
Old 10-27-14, 11:46 PM
Varsity

Bump - can the season just be here already! Can't wait!
Old 10-28-14, 06:46 AM
All District

jayce is on a distinguished road
So the tournament is for Midwest all stars and high school feeder programs? Why are you so against all star teams? Little Johnny all star will eventually feed into a High school program. Local school wannabe Johnny will have to deal with Johnny all star at some point so might as well get him exposure to it now. I thought wrestling was the one sport where not everyone gets a medal but everyone learns personal accountability.
Old 10-28-14, 08:06 AM
Varsity

This isn't anti-allstar. It's pro community. Allstar programs are awesome and I push my wrestlers to get into those rooms as much as possible. But this particular event is to see what feeder program is the best in the entire state of Ohio. This particular tournament is a qualifier for the state finals. Would it be fair to make a Perry, St Eds, Moeller, St. Paris allstar team and let them into the state duals for high school? Feel free to start a thread defending allstar teams and I'm right by your side. But this thread is to advertise for our home tournament this season.
Old 10-28-14, 10:08 AM
All American

OAC is on a distinguished road
Jayce

All-Star teams can register directly into the All-Star division for the state championships. There are no qualifiers that they need to attend. There simply are not enough All-Star teams in the state to have separate qualifying events. Each qualifier can decide if they want all star teams to compete in their tournament however; if an all star team finishes in the qualifying spot, the next highest school team will receive the qualification.
Old 10-28-14, 12:35 PM
All District

jayce is on a distinguished road
Thanks OAC. My son's feeder program does the best it can, but we are a small school with a wrestling room the size of my living room.
Old 10-28-14, 05:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayce View Post
Thanks OAC. My son's feeder program does the best it can, but we are a small school with a wrestling room the size of my living room.
I completely relate to this statement. I respect the idea & desire to promote feeder programs, but youth wrestling is probably the hardest sport to find strong school support for. I love the concept of this tournament, but the setup & structure definitely will keep a large amount of talented kids off the mat.
Old 11-12-14, 08:27 PM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Are you still looking for community teams for your tournament?
Old 11-13-14, 08:23 PM
Varsity

Yes we are! Feel free to call me any time 513-872-9626, Coach Mike.
Old 11-14-14, 08:16 PM
All Region

Headache is on a distinguished road
IMO , it's not fair to call it a community division if a biddy club is pulling kids out of 5 elementary schools to create one team.