Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Massillon by 15+ 11 8.33%
Massillon by 8-14 26 19.70%
Massillon by 1-7 39 29.55%
Winton Woods by 1-7 22 16.67%
Winton Woods by 8-14 22 16.67%
Winton Woods by 15+ 12 9.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-18, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
I guess you guys find solace in WW game vs. Tangy! Lol. That's fine. We will see what happen vs Massillon. Tangy scored 1 td in the second half of that game. WW may of got caught lookin ahead! WW will be locked and loaded come Friday!
Old 11-17-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Gotta find solace in something warrior geez relax, lol. 90% of the posts are in high praise. We know our work is cut out.
Old 11-17-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

[QUOTE=TigerTown15;7187555]If our pass pro holds up like is has all season, I think Massillon will be able to throw the ball around the yard. Defense needs to clean a few things up and I'm positive the coaches will get them corrected this week in practice.

Not saying this WW team isn't good. Every team is good this time of year. But if they're secondary is really that undersized/below average, good luck. WW needed a once-in-a-lifetime preformance to win week 11. Stop him, and it'll go the Tigers way.[/QUOTE

WW D line is very good. Your QB may not have much time to throw. Ask Anderson's 1st and 2nd string QB's!!]
Old 11-17-18, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Gotta find solace in something warrior geez relax, lol. 90% of the posts are in high praise. We know our work is cut out.

Im usually pretty layed back but 1. Im fired up! 2. Some of your fans are over zealous. Lol
Old 11-17-18, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown15 View Post
Experience is the easy answer. 14 games last year, 13 so far this year. Our big receiver has come into his own and has become a match up problem for a lot of teams. The other "star" receiver is on the field a lot more now and may be the best receiver in his class in OH. Our line has developed nicely, and run blocks really well. Their pass pro is great.

There's a lot of speed on our D. Can struggle at times with the pass rush. Our LBs read their keys extremely well and play disciplined. The DB's are good in coverage, and the safeties like to play the run and the pass, and do both well.
Ok I see. Massillon looked exactly the same to me. I watched the McKinley game. I do like the other RB, not the Thomas kid. I think Massillon would be better served to make the 2nd guy the featured back.
Old 11-17-18, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Ok I see. Massillon looked exactly the same to me. I watched the McKinley game. I do like the other RB, not the Thomas kid. I think Massillon would be better served to make the 2nd guy the featured back.
Call me slow but that is sarcasm right? Thomas had a great game obviously.
Old 11-17-18, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown15 View Post
Experience is the easy answer. 14 games last year, 13 so far this year. Our big receiver has come into his own and has become a match up problem for a lot of teams. The other "star" receiver is on the field a lot more now and may be the best receiver in his class in OH. Our line has developed nicely, and run blocks really well. Their pass pro is great.

There's a lot of speed on our D. Can struggle at times with the pass rush. Our LBs read their keys extremely well and play disciplined. The DB's are good in coverage, and the safeties like to play the run and the pass, and do both well.
Our “BIG” receiver needs to start catching the ball or change his gloves. That kid could become top NFL talent.
Penalties need to stop asap.
Old 11-17-18, 12:43 PM
Varsity

TigerTown15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Our ďBIGĒ receiver needs to start catching the ball or change his gloves.
Penalties need to stop asap.
The alleged broken hand hasn't been helping him any. Not sure if it's true or not, just something I heard between weeks 10 and 11
Old 11-17-18, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

Pretty sure itís true. But...........
Old 11-17-18, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

Not knocking the kid. It’s just the strive for perfection!
Old 11-17-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

Bone chip. Playing through it. Has dropped a couple but made some big plays too. It's all hands on deck. No pun. Love the fact Ford is back. Needed boost.
Old 11-17-18, 12:59 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16!!!

Period
Old 11-17-18, 01:00 PM
All District

Deep is on a distinguished road
Massillon - 35
Winton Woods - 21
Old 11-17-18, 01:00 PM
Freshman

pants is on a distinguished road
Massillon by 7
Very excited for this rematch!
Old 11-17-18, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Call me slow but that is sarcasm right? Thomas had a great game obviously.
No. You misread that. I was speaking about how much I like the other kid. I said "not Thomas" because I dont know the other kids name.
Old 11-17-18, 01:06 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
How? Do you think you are running down the Warriors throat? Or shredding us in the pass game?
Old 11-17-18, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

I stopped being lazy and looked up his name. Zion Phifer. I like him as a RB. They do have a nice one two punch.
Old 11-17-18, 01:09 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
I can see the Warriors stuffing the run this game, DLine is looking nasty.
Old 11-17-18, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I can see the Warriors stuffing the run this game, DLine is looking nasty.
The Booker brothers are studs and Kye Insexemamei has a ton of experience but Malcolm Bryant is the difference maker on the dline.
Old 11-17-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I stopped being lazy and looked up his name. Zion Phifer. I like him as a RB. They do have a nice one two punch.
I'm pretty sure Phifer didn't play last night in the Wadsworth game. Don't know why.
Old 11-17-18, 01:32 PM
Varsity

LB#33 is on a distinguished road
Wow so from what I’m reading, Massillon has no shot. Our all time leading rusher should now be the backup. Same kids from last year so we can’t possibly be any better. Oh and Massillon fans don’t be excited for your kids and have confidence that they can win this game this week. Don’t show up Friday night it’s apparently going to be a waste of your time.

Now I’ll just say this, Massillon must change their defensive personnel this week. I said it before the Wadsworth game, a few different guys need to be in playing linebacker, including our all Ohio linebacker #16. #7 has to play too or it’s going to be an extremely long night
Old 11-17-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB#33 View Post
Wow so from what Iím reading, Massillon has no shot. Our all time leading rusher should now be the backup. Same kids from last year so we canít possibly be any better. Oh and Massillon fans donít be excited for your kids and have confidence that they can win this game this week. Donít show up Friday night itís apparently going to be a waste of your time.

Now Iíll just say this, Massillon must change their defensive personnel this week. I said it before the Wadsworth game, a few different guys need to be in playing linebacker, including our all Ohio linebacker #16. #7 has to play too or itís going to be an extremely long night
Is your "all-ohio" linebacker #16 and your all time leading rusher the same young man?
Old 11-17-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not going to do a bunch of posting this week because of the trolls that refuse to talk basketball and I think this thread will get out of control in a matter of time. There seems to be a traveling group of nuts that follow Winton Woods around. I understand what the Beatles went thru. Geez. I will however, answer any football comment or question directed at me. It would be a shame to let all this high school football knownledge go to waste. I can single handily carry a thread.

I have some questions for Tiger supporters. Last season's score was 56-21. Washington score on a halfback pass, fumble recovery return and a middle screen. I watched the McKinely game and all the same players were playing for Washington. I dont remember the big RB name but he had less than 40 yards against WW. Its the same lefty QB. What makes Massillon so much better this season than last season? They seem the same to me.
Lol DMR's not posting a lot is cutting it down to 20 posts per day. I'm sure he will retire a few different times in the meantime as well.

FYI I'm just poking fun Don. Keep doin your thang.
Old 11-17-18, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Man!!! You Massilon fans love to talk! Im looking foward to beatimg you guys again and shutting you up. Im sure Massilon will have a plan!. WW will proceed to punch Massillon in the face. What will Massillon do then? GO WARRIOR'S!!
What number do you wear?
Old 11-17-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Lol DMR's not posting a lot is cutting it down to 20 posts per day. I'm sure he will retire a few different times in the meantime as well.

FYI I'm just poking fun Don. Keep doin your thang.
Where have you been? How could you lose to Anderson? You were looking so forward to the big Culp-Bishop vs Williams showdown. What happened?
Old 11-17-18, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Is your "all-ohio" linebacker #16 and your all time leading rusher the same young man?
Yessir. Jamir Thomas
Old 11-17-18, 01:42 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I'm pretty sure Phifer didn't play last night in the Wadsworth game. Don't know why.
He had ~5 carries. I remember 3 for sure
Old 11-17-18, 01:46 PM
Varsity

LB#33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sure is and itís not ďall OhioĒ itís a fact. We are well aware of what weíre going up against and I take nothing away from winton woods or their kids. Very very good team. Last year was last year and weíre looking forward to the challenge Friday night
Old 11-17-18, 01:46 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpops View Post
Iíve been extremely patient with you airing out your feelings the last few weeks. You give the most back handed compliments Iíve ever seen. Without question our entire defense didnít play well the first half of our game versus Olentangy. But howíd those undersized dbs do the second half? You all managed 7 points the entire second half. Defense shut you down. Which is what allowed Myan Williams to completely walk you down and put up record numbers. And it wasnít a one man show. O line outplayed your d line second half. Wideouts outblocked your secondary in the second half. End of the day you took a first round loss. Now go back to the kiddie table and let the big boys of the final 4 talk. Your time was 3 weeks ago. Donít you have basketball or something to worry about?
I'm providing a neutral 3rd party assessment of this game to contrast the non-stop homering from fans with emotional attachments to the game so that readers of this thread will have a truly unbiased opinion to read.

Dumbing down the WW 2nd half performance vs. Tangy to saying "they only scored 1 TD" is EXTREMELY misleading and not the thing you should be taking away from watching that game if your intent is to measure ability vs. teams that will be better than Tangy in the future.

Tangy still moved the ball up and down the field at will that second half, but then hurt themselves with 2 turnovers which affected both their confidence in execution on the next couple series and caused the coaches to adjust their play calling. They also went for it on 4th down while in FG range a couple different times if memory serves and didn't execute.

At the end of the day, yes WW played very close to the goal line and stopped Tangy a couple times when they really needed to. But I'll state this again for the 3rd time, when your team gives up over 600 yards in a 48 min football game, that is ABSOLUTELY TERRRIBLE and you are kidding yourself if you are trying to find some silver lining to spin what that means going into a matchup vs an even better team like Massillon.

If the yardage were broken up by half 500/100 and Tangy only had 100 yards and 1 TD in the second half, you might have a tiny sliver of a talking point to make here, but that's not what happened.

We also have the additional pieces of evidence like the UA game and the success that Anderson's WRs had in the game last night.

You are welcome to homer it up and continue diluting yourself into thinking WW has a respectable defense. They don't. And when they face the top teams in the state, as they will this Friday, that will show.

WW is a one man team. If Williams were to be injured and not play, this would be a running clock game, as would have been the Olentangy game. They are not a well rounded team, their coaching staff is below average in play calling, and they commit a higher number of penalties than the average team does.

If all of these things can be fixed on one week, sure they might have a chance. But if Massillon is as good as their data seems to show, this is a multi-score loss for WW, assuming they do a better job of tackling Williams than Tangy did (which it would be hard to do any worse).
Old 11-17-18, 01:54 PM
All American

warriorpops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
I'm providing a neutral 3rd party assessment of this game to contrast the non-stop homering from fans with emotional attachments to the game so that readers of this thread will have a truly unbiased opinion to read.

Dumbing down the WW 2nd half performance vs. Tangy to saying "they only scored 1 TD" is EXTREMELY misleading and not the thing you should be taking away from watching that game if your intent is to measure ability vs. teams that will be better than Tangy in the future.

Tangy still moved the ball up and down the field at will that second half, but then hurt themselves with 2 turnovers which affected both their confidence in execution on the next couple series and caused the coaches to adjust their play calling. They also went for it on 4th down while in FG range a couple different times if memory serves and didn't execute.

At the end of the day, yes WW played very close to the goal line and stopped Tangy a couple times when they really needed to. But I'll state this again for the 3rd time, when your team gives up over 600 yards in a 48 min football game, that is ABSOLUTELY TERRRIBLE and you are kidding yourself if you are trying to find some silver lining to spin what that means going into a matchup vs an even better team like Massillon.

If the yardage were broken up by half 500/100 and Tangy only had 100 yards and 1 TD in the second half, you might have a tiny sliver of a talking point to make here, but that's not what happened.

We also have the additional pieces of evidence like the UA game and the success that Anderson's WRs had in the game last night.

You are welcome to homer it up and continue diluting yourself into thinking WW has a respectable defense. They don't. And when they face the top teams in the state, as they will this Friday, that will show.

WW is a one man team. If Williams were to be injured and not play, this would be a running clock game, as would have been the Olentangy game. They are not a well rounded team, their coaching staff is below average in play calling, and they commit a higher number of penalties than the average team does.

If all of these things can be fixed on one week, sure they might have a chance. But if Massillon is as good as their data seems to show, this is a multi-score loss for WW, assuming they do a better job of tackling Williams than Tangy did (which it would be hard to do any worse).
So what I get from this, is your squad lost in the first round to undersized dbs, below average coaching , and a heavy penalized team. Point taken. Now scurry off. You keep wandering off from the kiddie table.