Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-12-18, 10:05 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
1) I disagree so it is not hands down he is the best REDS player ever.
2) What has the REDS done over the last 10 years with Votto being the key player???? Not 1 series win in the playoffs.
3) You have gotten to be kidding me about Votto grinding it out. Come on dude, wake up and see the REAL world.
4) What I ask for for a player? Running the ball out instead of half assing it. Make smart plays on the base paths, he is a veteran of the game he should know by now how to run the bases. Don't get picked off late in a game where he is not even going to steal a base. Know your position on the field and don't get caught out of position. Man, this everyone is a winner crap has really soften up some of you guys on here.
Youíre gonna pin the Redís lack of Playoff Success on Votto? How do you explain the Angels being even worse with Mike Trout? Itís not the NBA, one guy, especially a position player, has far less control on the outcome of the game.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-18, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You've proven time and time again you have incredibly subpar baseball knowledge, so that doesn't really mean much.
Why is your box red?

I do not follow baseball like I once did but I know how the game is and should be played. I played for a number of years as well. I'm also old so I have that built in knowledge of the game as well.

It is perfectly fine if you disagree with me about Votto.

I am willing to start over with Votto and give him another chance in the 2nd half of the season. All I ask is that he hustles, plays smarter, and cut down on take 3 strikes in key situations.
Old 07-12-18, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Youíre gonna pin the Redís lack of Playoff Success on Votto? How do you explain the Angels being even worse with Mike Trout? Itís not the NBA, one guy, especially a position player, has far less control on the outcome of the game.
No, I blame Dusty Baker for that. I actually got banned from the REDS forum because of my opinion of Dusty Baker and his managerial decisions.

I blame the REDS organization for why the REDS have not been successful.

Don't follow the Angels or the American League so cannot comment.

Can't stand the NBA. You could not pay me to watch a game.
Old 07-12-18, 10:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
What in the actual f uck are you talking about?
That the world is going crazy and that it is becoming dangerous to disagree with someone. I can't handle that reality so I created my own....
Old 07-13-18, 06:02 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Why is your box red?

I do not follow baseball like I once did but I know how the game is and should be played. I played for a number of years as well. I'm also old so I have that built in knowledge of the game as well.

It is perfectly fine if you disagree with me about Votto.

I am willing to start over with Votto and give him another chance in the 2nd half of the season. All I ask is that he hustles, plays smarter, and cut down on take 3 strikes in key situations.
Your comment history on Yappi proves you don't know how the game is or how it should be played. It isn't a recent trend, it's been the case for a few years now. Clearly your old age is affecting your memory and your brain is deteriorating. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just the God's honest truth. More than 3/4 of your posts in this thread are things so inconceivably stupid, it rivals 14Red.

It's not that we disagree, you're just wrong on your assessment with him.

I couldn't careless.
Old 07-13-18, 06:03 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
That the world is going crazy and that it is becoming dangerous to disagree with someone. I can't handle that reality so I created my own....
You went on a political meltdown ranting about liberals and god knows what else simply because you can't handle the fact you're so painfully incorrect about baseball. That's what happened.
Old 07-13-18, 07:52 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
It's incredibly condensending when a poster gets on here and constantly criticizes others posts, yet rarely offers anything of substance on his own? To literally keep a scoreboard of people's posts and try to figure out a batting percentage of accuracy is silly and a waste of time. It's a stinking opinion board!!!
One thing about baseball is it's a game of failure, mostly of the offensive players. You can always find fault in hitters because the success rate is so low. For Votto, you have to look at his entire body of work to see his value. You don't get excited watching him for a game, or a week, or sometimes even a month. But over months, and seasons, his approach rarely waivers. He grinds out every at bat, and he does not swing at bad pitches.
Now I'll compare a guy who I banged on here alot, Jay Bruce. Bruce, IMO, had an ok but not great career in Cincinnati. Yes, he was able to put up some pretty good numbers over time. Baseball is a game of compiling numbers. Bruce will be a Reds hall of famer some day, lock stock and barrell. But I just felt his inconsistencies was not overall good for the team. He'd hit .500 for one month, then hit .180 the next two months. As a run producer that doesn't work very well for a guy in the middle of the lineup.

Now that's my opinion, and many disagree as Bruce put up great numbers as a Red during his time. But I don't lash out at others opinions and call them stupid and incorrect all the time...THAT'S the difference.
Old 07-13-18, 07:59 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
1) I disagree so it is not hands down he is the best REDS player ever.
2) What has the REDS done over the last 10 years with Votto being the key player???? Not 1 series win in the playoffs.
3) You have gotten to be kidding me about Votto grinding it out. Come on dude, wake up and see the REAL world.
4) What I ask for for a player? Running the ball out instead of half assing it. Make smart plays on the base paths, he is a veteran of the game he should know by now how to run the bases. Don't get picked off late in a game where he is not even going to steal a base. Know your position on the field and don't get caught out of position. Man, this everyone is a winner crap has really soften up some of you guys on here.
love the passion vamp, you are welcome to your opinions...

2. I've mentioned on here many, many times that one player in baseball has very little affect on the teams success, especially a position player. You get 4-5 at bats per game at best and be pitched around. Mike Trout hasn't won jack and he's considered the best player in the game.
3. I'm not sure what your definition of grinding it out. He sees as many pitches per at bat as anyone you can think of, and his swing rate for pitches out of the strike zone is very low. Now some can flip that and say that as the #3 batter, he needs to expand his strike zone so he can drive in more runs. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but Joey bats the way he wants to.
4. For a guy that's been around as long as he has, he does make some bone headed plays, especially base running. I think this just becomes a focus thing. Joey seems to me to be a guy who's mind really races and wonders. I wonder if while on the bases and in the field, he may be thinking about a previous at bat and just become distracted during the game. It's the only way I can explain the baserunning and occasional defensive gaffs.

All in all, i'd say he'll go down as at least top 3 hitters in franchise history.
Old 07-13-18, 12:56 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Any batting coach, manager, broadcaster, etc. that asks Votto to change his approach at the plate and "be more aggressive" is an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Now some can flip that and say that as the #3 batter, he needs to expand his strike zone so he can drive in more runs. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but Joey bats the way he wants to.
Check and mate.
Old 07-13-18, 07:26 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Interesting discussion tonight. The last time the Reds made a move to get a legit #1 Starter, Mat Latos, the Reds gave up at total of three prospects and a starter. Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Brad Boxberger and Edison Volquez. Three of those players went on to be eventual All-Stars and the other was a key contributor to winning a World Series...and Indiandad wants to sell the farm

Mark Sheldon reporting that it's unlikely Scooter will be traded and there may be talks of an extension.
Old 07-13-18, 09:19 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Interesting discussion tonight. The last time the Reds made a move to get a legit #1 Starter, Mat Latos, the Reds gave up at total of three prospects and a starter. Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Brad Boxberger and Edison Volquez. Three of those players went on to be eventual All-Stars and the other was a key contributor to winning a World Series...and Indiandad wants to sell the farm

Mark Sheldon reporting that it's unlikely Scooter will be traded and there may be talks of an extension.
Which players that I suggested are "the farm"?
Is Shed long? He's likely to never see the field behind Gennett and Senzel and now India.
Is Reed or Stephenson? Two pitchers that can't crack one of the worst rotations in baseball.
How about Gavin LaValley? I'm sure he'll take over Votto's spot or Suarez's soon... or probably not.

All 4 of these guys have value to a team like the Mets and their only value to the Reds is trade bait.

Tony Santillan and Hunter Greene could potentially be a #3 and #1 respectively and Homer is a salary dump.

In return you get 2 bonafide #1's for a couple of years.

Where's "the Farm"?
Old 07-13-18, 09:39 PM
All American

Shed Long actually has a lot of value to the organization right now due to the fact Senzel has a very worrisome condition and can't seem to stay healthy. There's no reason for Homer to come up in place of Stephenson or Reed. Part of me thinks the Reds are trying to injure him by bouncing him back and forth in Louisville (gave up 4 runs in 6 innings on 7 hits tonight. Did get 10 SO). I'm fine with getting rid of LaVelley, he's a low end top 30 prospect who could hold a lot of value in the AL where he could also DH.

NOBODY IS TAKING HOMER BAILEY'S CONTRACT...NOT AS A THANK YOU FOR THE PROSPECTS...UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES

The Mets also aren't going to package their top two pitchers to a team without getting major league ready players in return, as well as top prospects. And if the Yankees are willing to give them the most for either player...the Wilsons will be waiting with open arms.

What's the contract you want to offer Harvey after tonights performance?
Old 07-13-18, 09:54 PM
All World

Quote:

The Mets also aren't going to package their top two pitchers to a team without getting major league ready players in return, as well as top prospects. And if the Yankees are willing to give them the most for either player...the Wilsons will be waiting with open arms.
Long, LaValley, Reed, Stephenson and Santillan are all big league ready or near ready (2019). Only Greene, the best prospect, is years away.
Old 07-13-18, 09:56 PM
All World

Quote:

NOBODY IS TAKING HOMER BAILEY'S CONTRACT...NOT AS A THANK YOU FOR THE PROSPECTS...UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
If the prospects are good enough.....
Old 07-13-18, 09:58 PM
All World

Quote:

What's the contract you want to offer Harvey after tonights performance?
My offer wouldn't change, would yours?
Old 07-13-18, 10:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
If the prospects are good enough.....
No, they'd simply say keep him, his medical bills and his spots on both the 25-40 man rosters. They can't just take on his payroll without sacrificing anything.
Old 07-13-18, 10:04 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Indiadad overvalues reds players and prospects, that’s his thing.
Old 07-13-18, 10:12 PM
All American

Quote:
My offer wouldn't change, would yours?
No and I try to trade him before his next start, hope he gets through that healthy if it happens and try even harder. Reds traded in hopes he'd have some value. Nothing should have changed other than what they may get in return. Won the lotto
Old 07-14-18, 07:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Indiadad overvalues reds players and prospects, thatís his thing.
My valuations have been pretty spot on.
Old 07-14-18, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
My valuations have been pretty spot on.
If overvaluing reds talent is spot on, then I agree.
Old 07-14-18, 07:38 AM
All World

Quote:
No, they'd simply say keep him, his medical bills and his spots on both the 25-40 man rosters. They can't just take on his payroll without sacrificing anything.
If you're the Mets and you're tanking the next 2 seasons, and you clearly are by trading Syndergaard and DeGrom and anyone else they can move them taking Bailey makes sense if it improves the prospect haul.

We see teams do it all the time in reverse. A team trading an expensive, underperforming veteran eats a large portion of their contract to get better prospects in return. Taking Bailey is a way to improve the prospect return.
Old 07-14-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

So, odds of this deal happening? 2%?
Old 07-14-18, 07:48 AM
All World

Quote:
Shed Long actually has a lot of value to the organization.
The Reds 2B ahead of Shed Long: Scooter Gennett, Nick Senzel, Dilson Herrera, Alex Blandino and soon to be Johnathan India.

Shed Long is the perfect trade piece now.
Old 07-14-18, 07:49 AM
All World

Quote:
So, odds of this deal happening? 2%?
Go troll somewhere else.
Old 07-14-18, 07:53 AM
All Yappi

You’re right, I was being generous, <1%.
Old 07-14-18, 08:05 AM
All World

Quote:
You’re right, I was being generous, <1%.
The odds of anyone not associated with a MLB front office predicting the exact parameters of a trade are <1%. You'd have a better chance of picking the winning Powerball numbers tonight.

This discussion evolved from "give me a scenario you'd like to see happen" to the merits of it. Brian has switched positions multiple times saying the deal is bad for the Reds because Hunter Greene is untouchable to the deal is bad for the Mets because the deal is to light.

You on the other hand only offer trolling one liners.
Old 07-14-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Great, you’d like to see the Reds land a leading cy young candidate, which has no chance of happening at all. Cool.
Old 07-14-18, 08:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Great, youíd like to see the Reds land a leading cy young candidate, which has no chance of happening at all. Cool.
If you don't enjoy these discussions then why enter into them?
Old 07-14-18, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

Who said I donít enjoy the discussions about the reds? Stop making things up, troll.
Old 07-14-18, 12:46 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Long, LaValley, Reed, Stephenson and Santillan are all big league ready or near ready (2019). Only Greene, the best prospect, is years away.
Reed and Stephenson are f**kiní awful. Nobody would want them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: