Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-11-19, 08:21 AM
Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Are you sure these these ladies are going to be juniors? I was under the impression that will graduate in 2020. My son goes to LW and he has been talking about them while we watched the WNT. Actually he has been talking about them for years now. I am curious how the LW coach will deal with them.

They will all three be juniors. What do you mean when you say how the LW coach will deal with them? I have heard all three are really good kids.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-19, 12:04 PM
Junior Varsity

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
They will all three be juniors. What do you mean when you say how the LW coach will deal with them? I have heard all three are really good kids.

The coach will be fine as those kids are very low maintenance. LW will score the only question will be can they defend with the top teams in Cinci. They have the luxury of great goalie play so that may cover up the for the lack on the defensive end. IMO I think they will win the GMC, but I believe the state title will come from up north this year. Creek will be the best team in Dayton once again, but their state title run ends now that MC has chosen not to play. MC has become the best scorer in the state and is a big shocker that she will not be playing. The one two combo they had with her and D was unstoppable.
Old 07-11-19, 12:22 PM
Freshman

charlie.green02 is on a distinguished road
Fall HS Season

Got Soccer MC Mississippi State Creek will have a hard time replacing backline graduates EB LG MS

Last edited by charlie.green02; 07-11-19 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-11-19, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
Nothing about the kids, I am wondering how the coach will fit them in and can the coach deal with their talent or force them into LW system. For example, X's coach likes to play the ball in the air. Doesn't favor kids with that might be a little shorter but are strong passers and have good ball handling skills. Does the LW coach have that kind of a pre-conception?
Old 07-11-19, 11:28 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Nothing about the kids, I am wondering how the coach will fit them in and can the coach deal with their talent or force them into LW system. For example, X's coach likes to play the ball in the air. Doesn't favor kids with that might be a little shorter but are strong passers and have good ball handling skills. Does the LW coach have that kind of a pre-conception?
Brigit Reder is West's coach. She is a West grad and is relatively young - probably somewhere between 28 & 30. Despite her age, she knows the game really well and knows what she's doing. She played her college soccer at Ball State as a defender and I could be wrong but she might have played every minute of every game from her freshman through senior years. If she didn't play every minute she was darn close to it and probably holds the Ball State record for the most minutes played in a career. After Ball State she played professional soccer for a few years both domestically and somewhere in Europe - maybe Sweden. She was also a decent basketball player while at West and I think she played on one of the teams that reached the Ohio final 4 in DI. She also has experience as a basketball coach.

In short, Reder will be fine and she won't have any problems with the talent level. Look for the Firebirds to be a strong side this year.
Old 07-12-19, 10:47 AM
Junior Varsity

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Creek isn't making a repeat appearance at state without MC but LW takes their place with KD (and no question with KD and MP). LW's biggest problem will be team chemistry, those 3 coming on to the team junior year is likely to create some animosity around the "they were too good to play with us before now" mindset amongst a group that have been playing together since junior high. No doubt they tackle that hurdle early, and if those two stars stay healthy they'll take the region this year...and maybe next.
Old 07-12-19, 12:14 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
talent alone does not always equal success who knows
Old 07-12-19, 03:01 PM
Freshman

jperona is on a distinguished road
Fall HS Season

MC was a critical part of BC success, but the real key was they had Elite talent through the center spine and speed on the edges. They only allowed teams low single digit shots on goal and they werenít even on frame - Shots on Goal - Centerville 2, Mason 2, MND 3, LW 4 from what I can remember. And they played together using possession, quick passing, Outside backer attacks, attacking runs in the box, long range power, very fit starters, they really had no weaknesses all around relatively speaking.

LW and Springboro were the only teams to score during active play - the rest of the scores were set pieces.

The real issue BC has is that their defense lost two excellent backs and a keeper - that is why they will struggle to get back to the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-19, 06:57 PM
All Ohio

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Brigit Reder is West's coach. She is a West grad and is relatively young - probably somewhere between 28 & 30. Despite her age, she knows the game really well and knows what she's doing. She played her college soccer at Ball State as a defender and I could be wrong but she might have played every minute of every game from her freshman through senior years. If she didn't play every minute she was darn close to it and probably holds the Ball State record for the most minutes played in a career. After Ball State she played professional soccer for a few years both domestically and somewhere in Europe - maybe Sweden. She was also a decent basketball player while at West and I think she played on one of the teams that reached the Ohio final 4 in DI. She also has experience as a basketball coach.

In short, Reder will be fine and she won't have any problems with the talent level. Look for the Firebirds to be a strong side this year.
Good to know, I am going to try catch a match this fall as I am intrigued by these three ladies that have been committed to a college since they were freshmen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: