Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-20-18, 01:04 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Top 10 Teams in Summit County for 2018?

Who are the top 10 team in Summit County for the 2018 season?

Archbishop Hoban
Barberton
Buchtel
Copley
Coventry
Cuyahoga Falls
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy
East
Ellet
Firestone
Green
Hudson
Kenmore-Garfield
Manchester
Mogadore
Nordonia
North
Norton
Revere
Springfield
St Vincent-St Mary
Stow-Munroe Falls
Tallmadge
Twinsburg
Walsh Jesuit
Woodridge
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-18, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
In no order:

Hoban
St. V
Stow
Hudson
Barberton
Tallmadge
Woodridge

Green? Copley? Buchtel? East? Nordonia?
Old 05-21-18, 08:49 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Not much good football coming out of Summit County this fall.
Old 05-21-18, 11:22 AM
Varsity

RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
Not much good football coming out of Summit County this fall.
That's what happens when you concentrate all of the talent at few programs.
Old 05-21-18, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
That's what happens when you concentrate all of the talent at few programs.
Thatís BS. Talent all over the area. Hoban, St V, Stow, Copley, Barberton, Manchester, East. Buchtel, Hudson and some I may be missing. Maybe no talent where u are but plenty elsewhere.
Old 05-21-18, 10:52 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
What does Woodridge have returning?
Old 05-22-18, 06:02 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
What does Woodridge have returning?
Yea I forgot about woodrdge, Coventry, Walsh and CVCA. But according to others there is no talent anywhere but a couple of schools? Lol
Old 05-22-18, 08:43 AM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
Still haven't seen a top 10 yet. Here's mine with very little knowledge of what these teams have coming back lol.

1. Hoban
2. Hudson
3. St. V
4. Stow
5. Copley
6. East
7. Buchtel
8. Barberton
9. Tallmadge
10. Green

Now maybe someone with info on these teams can chime in?

Last edited by smash mouth 34; 05-22-18 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-22-18, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Speaking of talent...

How about Traynum? Iím convinced he did better than Jerome Baker his junior year. He might be the best athlete (currently) in Ohio playing both sides of the ball. Back in January, I had a chance to watch the replay against Avon. Do what you can to keep him out of Michigansí hands! Iím a Harbaugh/Michigan fan, but I wonít cheer for them when they play Ohio State.

https://247sports.com/Player/DeaMonte-Trayanum-46050397
I wonder how he is in the lockerroom.
Old 05-22-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speaking of talent...

How about Traynum? Iím convinced he did better than Jerome Baker his junior year. He might be the best athlete (currently) in Ohio playing both sides of the ball. Back in January, I had a chance to watch the replay against Avon. Do what you can to keep him out of Michigansí hands! Iím a Harbaugh/Michigan fan, but I wonít cheer for them when they play Ohio State.

https://247sports.com/Player/DeaMonte-Trayanum-46050397
He was the best player on the field when Avon played Hoban. He was the difference. He was the one player that Avon could not stop. Without him, that game is very possibly tight all the way to the end.
Old 05-22-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I think Barberton drops off a little as that seemed to be a once in a generation class.
I hope not as I like what Gotto is doing, but I think they drop back a little. Stow graduated some talent and I don't see them being quite the power they've been the last 3 or 4 years. Not sure what to expect from Hudson.

On the small school side, I see CVCA's improvement under Larlham continuing. Mogadore will be Mogadore. Manchester could also be good as they have some solid talent.

East seems to have it rolling in the City Series and I suspect it will be them with Buchtel and Ellet on their heels.

Hoban will remain the class of the privates. SVSM always has talent, but it's a year of transition over there, so it's a "wait and see" on them. I haven't seen anything from Walsh to indicate they'll reverse their slide.
Old 05-22-18, 10:29 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I think Barberton drops off a little as that seemed to be a once in a generation class.
I hope not as I like what Gotto is doing, but I think they drop back a little. Stow graduated some talent and I don't see them being quite the power they've been the last 3 or 4 years. Not sure what to expect from Hudson.

On the small school side, I see CVCA's improvement under Larlham continuing. Mogadore will be Mogadore. Manchester could also be good as they have some solid talent. Agreed, CVCA, Manchester and Mogadore should all be very good this fall.

East seems to have it rolling in the City Series and I suspect it will be them with Buchtel and Ellet on their heels. I believe Ellet is in trouble.

Hoban will remain the class of the privates. SVSM always has talent, but it's a year of transition over there, so it's a "wait and see" on them. I haven't seen anything from Walsh to indicate they'll reverse their slide.
Woodridge is probably going to be down unless they get some transfers (which they usually don't).

Big game for CVCA is week 2 at Aurora. Talk about scheduling up! Not to many small schools looking for that game.
Old 05-22-18, 11:02 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I wonder how he is in the lockerroom.
First class humble kid. Always speaks and well liked by all. Likes WV as
They want and he wants them run the ball.
Old 05-22-18, 11:13 AM
Varsity

RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Thatís BS. Talent all over the area. Hoban, St V, Stow, Copley, Barberton, Manchester, East. Buchtel, Hudson and some I may be missing. Maybe no talent where u are but plenty elsewhere.
There is a difference between having some talent and being a good team. Apart from St. V, none of those teams could get within 28 of Hoban. Because weight room.
Old 05-22-18, 11:55 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Hoban vs SVSM should be a good one. I’m guessing both are state title favorites in their division
Old 05-22-18, 11:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
There is a difference between having some talent and being a good team. Apart from St. V, none of those teams could get within 28 of Hoban. Because weight room.
Your right, its about how well you capitalize off the talent you have.
Old 05-22-18, 12:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Yea I forgot about woodrdge, Coventry, Walsh and CVCA. But according to others there is no talent anywhere but a couple of schools? Lol
Its alright. Actually, with the graduation loss of Treon, its doubtful whether my Comets will be as good next year. Probably not in the top 10 discussion, but their schedule should still be good for a 6-7 win season. Although, some of our sophomores and juniors had (are having) a nice season on the track. Maybe that will help.
Old 05-22-18, 01:06 PM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Same as last few years, Hoban the best, nobody else is relevant. Also, PTC should not be discussed in a football thread.
Old 05-22-18, 01:18 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
East seems to have it rolling in the City Series and I suspect it will be them with Buchtel and Ellet on their heels.
Buchtel should win the City, East has some talent coming back but not as strong as last year. Ellet will be improved but a distant third (weak schedule will help get W's).
The Orangemen's top RB, DeAnthony Becton is now at East. I suspect he returns to Ellet next season when the new school opens and East talent takes a nosedive.
Old 05-22-18, 02:08 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Manchester will be as good, if not better than last year. Don't know if they are a Top 10 team in the county because of numbers. But, don't count them out.
Old 05-23-18, 09:36 AM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Makes me laugh hearing everyone talk about how Barberton will be down this year because the lost that senior class, but they werenít on that field alone. Sophomores and Juniors played in those games as well, and they have been in the weight room since the only loss to Hoban. Also talks of transfers may be coming that are not happy with the situations at other schools, but even without transfers, another 10-0 season is still a possibility.
Old 05-23-18, 10:12 AM
Freshman

Football330 is on a distinguished road
Well said DB. I agree 100%
Old 05-23-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Iíve seen wayyy too many players in the past have D1 offers (actual scholarships) or play at the elite D1 level at LB, CB, or safety. They decide to go somewhere else or enroll at a lower division to play RB, or QB (because they want to). After they play the position they want to play, they ruin their chances at the NFL.

His best shot at making an impact in D1 (an elite D1 school) is at LB, rover, or SS. He is a Jerome Baker on defense at the D1 level. He should be deliving the punishment on defense..not receiving it playing RB at WVU. He is the perfect body type for a LB at Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, ND, or Clemson
I remember him being only 5-10/5-11/200 to 210'ish. Sounds like a strong safety.
Old 05-23-18, 01:51 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
Same as last few years, Hoban the best, nobody else is relevant. Also, PTC should not be discussed in a football thread.
I think St V playing in the D3 state semi finals with 80% of their starters coming back makes them relevant.

New coach has been very well received and will play to the strengths of the players he has...especially on offense. Seeing what he did last year with the talent he had on offense last year with Barberton speaks for itself.
Old 05-23-18, 02:23 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I remember him being only 5-10/5-11/200 to 210'ish. Sounds like a strong safety.
Most schools are looking at him for the Hybrid linebacker/viper type of role because of his speed.
Old 05-23-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Most schools are looking at him for the Hybrid linebacker/viper type of role because of his speed.
I could see that. Seems like a good kid too.
Old 05-23-18, 02:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
Oh really? Another one of those people are we. Who are you to bash a whole league of schools? Hmm, lets talk about the PTC. Because last season, 3 teams out of the ptc county made the playoffs. They were Valley Christian, Mogadore, and Rootstown. And speaking of Mogadore, I don't know how you can diss them, when they have consistently been one of the best small school football teams in summit county; they made the state finals in 2015. I'm sure any Mogadore fan on these forums would happily tear you to shreds on this; and Ill happily watch.

And then for the PTC Metro. Ravenna, which has been down the last season, has historically been perennially a playoff contender. Woodridge has made the playoffs every year the last three years. They made it a game last year against SVSM, a team that went on to the state semis. And then there is Coventry, who played a close game against Tallmadge, and blew a 4th quarter lead. Had they beaten Tallmadge, they would have made the playoffs. Oh and also, Coventry has gotten 9 of their football players on to playing ball at the college level. My point in all this, is if you are going to diss a league, check your facts, before you spew your ignorance. PTC Metro is no North Coast, or Suburban League. But the PTC has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of the last couple seasons. Certainly not enough to warrant your dumb comment.
Old 05-23-18, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
He's being recruited as a RB, and he wants to play RB. He's 5'11, 215 lbs of solid muscle, but that's a stretch to play LB at the elite D1 level at that size. He has elite running back skills and speed, but Hoban limited his carries as a sophomore to keep him healthy, plus they have another D1 back they can give the ball to. I imagine he'll get a few more carries this year, then he'll be the feature back in 2019. And he is a very good, quiet kid.
Old 05-23-18, 03:22 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 225 lbs

^ Jerome Bakers height and weight.

Traynum is only a sophomore...he will grow and gain some lean mass. I still see him being heavily recruited at LB. He has the killer instinct and does really good with his reads/keys. He has the perfect physique to be a Jabrill Peppers or a Jerome Baker type SS/LB hybrid.
He's already an athletic freak, but I don't know that he's going to get past 6'0. His position of recruitment can always change with 2 years of HS left, but it's hard for coaches to look past his elite RB skills. Folks that haven't seen him run the ball much yet don't really know, but if you saw him play in 7th & 8th grade, it took you about 30 seconds to realize he was a special talent.
Old 05-23-18, 03:37 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
He's being recruited as a RB, and he wants to play RB. He's 5'11, 215 lbs of solid muscle, but that's a stretch to play LB at the elite D1 level at that size. He has elite running back skills and speed, but Hoban limited his carries as a sophomore to keep him healthy, plus they have another D1 back they can give the ball to. I imagine he'll get a few more carries this year, then he'll be the feature back in 2019. And he is a very good, quiet kid.
I know him quite well and I am aware of his skills. I have seen every game he has played in. He does have some schools talking to him about playing RB. He was All Ohio at LB and ranked nationally at LB. Most schools are recruiting him at LB but are well aware of his skill set and aspirations. You are correct on his future at RB over the next few years at Hoban and he is a great kid and a very good student.