Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
As a HC you need to adapt to the strength of your assets.
Doesn't mean you do a total 180 offensively but it is obvious that this team is an extremely capable at the passing attack and they should lean on that and don't worry about trying to be aan offense like they were in the past under Barrett.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-18, 02:55 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I just wish they would try going north south and not east west. When they are in need of a quick score and they north south they seem to have great success. We also need to run more up the middle and off tackle and quit this trying to run to the outside. Work on correcting the blocking breakdowns and move the ball three yards and no dust.
Old 10-16-18, 10:28 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
OSU needs to update their offense ... they are still using a zone read type of run offense ... the problem is you don't have a zone read type of QB ... to be more effective they would better using a power scheme or more RPO's. Defensively, their are the most predictable defense in the nation ... they need to vary their coverages more to be less predictable ... their DB's are just not as good as they have been in the past ... they can't just align in one coverage all game anymore and still win because they are just flat out better athletically.
Old 10-16-18, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Nick Bosa is withdrawing from school to concentrate on rehabilitation before the NFL draft: http://www.espn.com/college-football...-looking-draft
Old 10-16-18, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

No doubt that the Bosa brothers are high end talents but they are having trouble staying healthy. Joey missed time last year as well as this year and now Nick is out for basically an entire season. Buyer beware if drafting Nick first.
Old 10-16-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Bosa a quitter.
Old 10-16-18, 11:30 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bummer. It was already going to be a stretch to win it all with this team even with Bosa. I don't see them as a true NC contender at this point without him, unless something significantly changes.
Old 10-16-18, 11:52 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
FWIW, the rumor has always been that Nick was not well-liked by his teammates. Obviously his talent is undeniable, but I've heard from more than one person close to the team that he's not a great locker room or off the field presence. So this doesn't really come as a surprise.
Old 10-16-18, 11:53 AM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
FWIW, the rumor has always been that Nick was not well-liked by his teammates. Obviously his talent is undeniable, but I've heard from more than one person close to the team that he's not a great locker room or off the field presence. So this doesn't really come as a surprise.
How did he get chosen as a Captain?
Old 10-16-18, 12:03 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Smart move. I know OSU fans might not like it but these college athletes owe the university/NCAA nothing. Guy's will continue to make the decision to leave earlier and earlier...
Old 10-16-18, 12:11 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
How did he get chosen as a Captain?
Half the starting lineup is a captain.
Old 10-16-18, 01:43 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Nick Bosa is withdrawing from school to concentrate on rehabilitation before the NFL draft: http://www.espn.com/college-football...-looking-draft
I laughed when I heard this. I said from the time he got hurt he wasn't playing another game at Ohio State. All in it together, eh?

And how about Urb...what a week after he was hurt. "Oh, he's out this week, we hope to get him back in a week or two".

Buckeyes will still likely make the playoffs without him.
Old 10-16-18, 02:38 PM
All Region

Pile Driver is on a distinguished road
Like it or not, it's the best decision for Bosa and for his future. He can always return to school later to finish his degree if he chooses, but he's a lock to be a top 5 pick in the draft this year and I'd hate to see him lose out on that chance due to another injury this year.

Best of luck to him and hopefully he has a long, healthy NFL career.
Old 10-16-18, 02:43 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pile Driver View Post
Like it or not, it's the best decision for Bosa and for his future. He can always return to school later to finish his degree if he chooses, but he's a lock to be a top 5 pick in the draft this year and I'd hate to see him lose out on that chance due to another injury this year.

Best of luck to him and hopefully he has a long, healthy NFL career.
Look, I have no idea if this is the best decision for Bosa. I think, big picture though, it really just shows how incredibly silly big time college sports has become. Is there anyone that think that Bosa was ever really enrolled in any serious classes and trying to get a degree, or was he just taking classes to stay eligible for football? Yes, it certainly looks like Bosa won't need a degree to pay the bills in a few years. But what if, what if he can't come back from this injury? What if he never becomes the player projected? What if two years from now, his football career is over? Do high NFL draft picks make enough money to never work a job the rest of their life? My guess is not.
Then why not finish at least this semeter, and then worry about the draft? Does it really take that much time to "get ready" for the draft and combines?
Old 10-16-18, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

Nick Bosa Is Leaving Ohio State Due to the Extent of His Injury, not the Extent of His Investment: https://www.si.com/college-football/...tate-nfl-draft
Old 10-16-18, 03:23 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing the Bosa family was smart enough to get insurance on his draft stock so even if he's not selected within a certain range he'd still get a rather large amount of money. The 10th pick this year, Josh Rosen, got $17,841,000 with $11 million being in signing bonus. 5th pick got $18M in signing bonus and Baker got over $22M in bonus. I think leaving for that type of money is an OK decision financially.

And yes preparing for the draft is a full time job for the top guys. They'll do several workouts a day, watch film nonstop, meet sponsors, and much much more.
Old 10-17-18, 07:13 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Look, I have no idea if this is the best decision for Bosa. I think, big picture though, it really just shows how incredibly silly big time college sports has become. Is there anyone that think that Bosa was ever really enrolled in any serious classes and trying to get a degree, or was he just taking classes to stay eligible for football? Yes, it certainly looks like Bosa won't need a degree to pay the bills in a few years. But what if, what if he can't come back from this injury? What if he never becomes the player projected? What if two years from now, his football career is over? Do high NFL draft picks make enough money to never work a job the rest of their life? My guess is not.
Then why not finish at least this semeter, and then worry about the draft? Does it really take that much time to "get ready" for the draft and combines?
Mayfield, the #1 draft pick this past year, got a $22 million dollar signing bonus. Barkley, the #2 pick, got a $21 million signing bonus. Bosa would make enough money to never work a job the rest of his life. shockingly enough your guess is wrong.
Old 10-17-18, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I don't have a problem with this. Assuming his recovery and rehab goes well he's just about a lock to go in the top-5, which would appear to be worth $18 million or more in bonus money depending on his exact slot. The bonus alone sets him for life if managed and invested properly.

Based on how his recovery is going it sounds like best case he might have been able to return to full activity in early December to prepare for a few weeks for either a bowl game or the playoffs. Definitely not worth the risk of rushing back and suffering a re-injury IMO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk