Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-17-18, 11:43 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51,694
Yappi will become famous soon enough
MLB Hall-Of-Fame Locks if they weren't banished by voters?

What players would be locks to make the MLB HOF if they weren't banished by the voters. Some obvious:

Pete Rose
Barry Bonds
"Shoeless Joe" Jackson
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-17-18, 11:54 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,230
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Barry Bonds has never been banished. Jackson should be in. Rose maybe once he kicks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-18, 02:14 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,847
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Pete
Barry
Roger
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-18, 02:17 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,899
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Um...they were banished because of their own behavior. I completely agree with Rose not getting in. And I'm a Reds fan and was a Rose fan.

And I'm fine if Bonds and Clemens don't get in.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-18, 02:32 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,735
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Um...they were banished because of their own behavior. I completely agree with Rose not getting in. And I'm a Reds fan and was a Rose fan.

And I'm fine if Bonds and Clemens don't get in.
Agreed. Same. Same. Same. Same. Same.


I believe one thing that can destroy the sports landscapes is if their is a widespread perception that the games are fixed or player have money on their own games.

Pete was busted as a manger, but his HoF career was as a player so one could argue for that reason alone he should be in.

I don't buy it. Off the field acts (drugs, arrests, etc) are one thing but ruining the possible integrity of the game by gambling to me is the worst issue the sporting world could ever have.


By coming down so hard on Rose was the right thing and shows it will not be tolerated and you wont get a second chance.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-18, 04:47 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,514
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Barry Bonds has never been banished. Jackson should be in. Rose maybe once he kicks.
I never thought of that, but the arrogant and unrepentant Rose will likely be in the year after he dies.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-18, 04:50 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,514
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Um...they were banished because of their own behavior. I completely agree with Rose not getting in. And I'm a Reds fan and was a Rose fan.

And I'm fine if Bonds and Clemens don't get in.
Did Clemens have a HoF career pre-PED assumed beginning date ? I'm inclined to think so.

Screw Bonds. He cheated a long time, and started early. He could have been great without it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-18, 08:59 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,899
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Agreed. Same. Same. Same. Same. Same.


I believe one thing that can destroy the sports landscapes is if their is a widespread perception that the games are fixed or player have money on their own games.

Pete was busted as a manger, but his HoF career was as a player so one could argue for that reason alone he should be in.

I don't buy it. Off the field acts (drugs, arrests, etc) are one thing but ruining the possible integrity of the game by gambling to me is the worst issue the sporting world could ever have.


By coming down so hard on Rose was the right thing and shows it will not be tolerated and you wont get a second chance.
While Pete was busted as a manager, there is no way you can have be believe he wasn't betting as a player. I don't think there is a separation and he was player manager for a little bit too.

I just have alot of disdain for Rose now. He lied to everyone for 15 years before he came clean - oddly enough to help sell a book! I have no sympathy for him. He shouldn't be in the hall.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-18, 10:52 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,847
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
The name of the thread is "MLB Hall-Of-Fame Locks if they weren't banished by voters?"We know why they aren't there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don Hertler Jr. Selected For Football Coaches Associationís Hall of Fame Mackinbiner Football 8 07-11-18 09:56 PM
Fourteen Individuals Set to Enter OHSAA Officials Hall of Fame Yappi Football 5 03-28-18 09:19 AM
Canton's Tom Benson Stadium construction cost surges to $80 Million DaveDawg Football 2116 12-18-17 03:04 PM
Coach McCoy inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Pantherontheporch Elder Panthers 5 10-16-17 01:56 PM
2017 Class - Ohio Chapter of National Wrestling Hall of fame Refman Wrestling 3 09-19-17 12:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz