Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-17-18, 11:43 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
MLB Hall-Of-Fame Locks if they weren't banished by voters?

What players would be locks to make the MLB HOF if they weren't banished by the voters. Some obvious:

Pete Rose
Barry Bonds
"Shoeless Joe" Jackson
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-18, 11:54 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Barry Bonds has never been banished. Jackson should be in. Rose maybe once he kicks.
Old 09-18-18, 02:14 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Pete
Barry
Roger
Old 09-18-18, 02:17 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Um...they were banished because of their own behavior. I completely agree with Rose not getting in. And I'm a Reds fan and was a Rose fan.

And I'm fine if Bonds and Clemens don't get in.
Old 09-18-18, 02:32 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Um...they were banished because of their own behavior. I completely agree with Rose not getting in. And I'm a Reds fan and was a Rose fan.

Agreed. Same. Same. Same. Same. Same.

I believe one thing that can destroy the sports landscapes is if their is a widespread perception that the games are fixed or player have money on their own games.

Pete was busted as a manger, but his HoF career was as a player so one could argue for that reason alone he should be in.

I don't buy it. Off the field acts (drugs, arrests, etc) are one thing but ruining the possible integrity of the game by gambling to me is the worst issue the sporting world could ever have.

By coming down so hard on Rose was the right thing and shows it will not be tolerated and you wont get a second chance.
Old 09-18-18, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Barry Bonds has never been banished. Jackson should be in. Rose maybe once he kicks.
I never thought of that, but the arrogant and unrepentant Rose will likely be in the year after he dies.
Old 09-18-18, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post

Did Clemens have a HoF career pre-PED assumed beginning date ? I'm inclined to think so.

Screw Bonds. He cheated a long time, and started early. He could have been great without it.
Old 09-19-18, 08:59 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Agreed. Same. Same. Same. Same. Same.

I believe one thing that can destroy the sports landscapes is if their is a widespread perception that the games are fixed or player have money on their own games.

Pete was busted as a manger, but his HoF career was as a player so one could argue for that reason alone he should be in.

I don't buy it. Off the field acts (drugs, arrests, etc) are one thing but ruining the possible integrity of the game by gambling to me is the worst issue the sporting world could ever have.

By coming down so hard on Rose was the right thing and shows it will not be tolerated and you wont get a second chance.
While Pete was busted as a manager, there is no way you can have be believe he wasn't betting as a player. I don't think there is a separation and he was player manager for a little bit too.

I just have alot of disdain for Rose now. He lied to everyone for 15 years before he came clean - oddly enough to help sell a book! I have no sympathy for him. He shouldn't be in the hall.
Old 09-20-18, 10:52 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
The name of the thread is "MLB Hall-Of-Fame Locks if they weren't banished by voters?"We know why they aren't there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: