Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 07:57 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
Nobody in the area has the speed Hubbard has. I dont think that will be as big a threat as perceived. Girard doesn't have any burners but they have decent team speed and are a bit bigger man for man. And returning three All State players, two on the defensive side of the ball doesn't hurt.
From what video I could find on LaBrae, their speed is in long striders, not quick feet, if you know what I mean. My fear is Girard's contain ability. Backside chases a lot and is vulnerable to misdirection. Gotta stay home and see what's coming back and get up field to turn in any attempt to get wide back into help.
No, it is obvious LaBrae does not have the depth of speed Hubbard has. LaBrae does have a couple though at WR. Walt Allie is darn fast. Ran 22.4 200 meters in track.Long stride speed or not, if he turns the corner, or gets deep on a pass it is 6. So one on Girard is that fast. Benton Tennant is anothet one to watch, not as fast as Allie, but got moves and athletic. LaBrae does have a versatile offense. So we shall see what they do.
Old 10-15-18, 08:05 PM
All American

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That was last year. Let me know how many points that counts for.
That one dimensional team put up 500 yards on Hubbard and more points than the rest of their schedule combined. I use Hubbard as a comparison because they are the best in the area. Not because you are a Hubbard guy.
You play with who you have. Waid is the defending D-4 Player of the Year. You would expect him to carry a team. But there are some pretty talented receivers out there too.
As for Perry, they were pretty good. And guess what. They throw more than Girard.
Ummm Perry destroyed Girard and reason being is Girard has no running game so what do u key on, the source which would be Waid…. So what did Perry do they brought there linebackers up in B-gap all night long and set the outside perimeters.....Do u know how u stop the rush with rushing linebackers? Girard never once tried to run the ball against Perry....They should have tried with a side car next to Waid and they should have tried the delay handoff cause that works when the linebackers over pursuit the backfield and in turn would and could of stopped the linebackers from rushing all nite long.....And which in turn would of opened up the passing game for Waid…..That's Cochran for u lol
Old 10-15-18, 08:13 PM
All Region

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
No, it is obvious LaBrae does not have the depth of speed Hubbard has. LaBrae does have a couple though at WR. Walt Allie is darn fast. Ran 22.4 200 meters in track.Long stride speed or not, if he turns the corner, or gets deep on a pass it is 6. So one on Girard is that fast. Benton Tennant is anothet one to watch, not as fast as Allie, but got moves and athletic. LaBrae does have a versatile offense. So we shall see what they do.
Big guy will be a problem for sure. Both teams better bring it if they want the “W”. Girard needs to eliminate penalties this week. Can’t afford to get a three and out only to have a flag laying on the field to turn it into a first down.
Old 10-15-18, 08:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
Ummm Perry destroyed Girard and reason being is Girard has no running game so what do u key on, the source which would be Waid…. So what did Perry do they brought there linebackers up in B-gap all night long and set the outside perimeters.....Do u know how u stop the rush with rushing linebackers? Girard never once tried to run the ball against Perry....They should have tried with a side car next to Waid and they should have tried the delay handoff cause that works when the linebackers over pursuit the backfield and in turn would and could of stopped the linebackers from rushing all nite long.....And which in turn would of opened up the passing game for Waid…..That's Cochran for u lol
Nick isn’t the offensive co- cordinator anymore. He’s the AD.
Old 10-15-18, 08:15 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Coaching will
Be huge this week.
Old 10-15-18, 08:19 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Perry was the superior team by far last year compared to Girard. You could’ve had Bill Belichick coaching Girard and it wouldn’t have mattered
Old 10-15-18, 08:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Nick isn’t the offensive co- cordinator anymore. He’s the AD.
U don't think that thick head doesn't have an influence.....If u don't believe that your out of your mind!!
Old 10-15-18, 08:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Coaching will
Be huge this week.
Bingo
Old 10-15-18, 08:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Perry was the superior team by far last year compared to Girard. You could’ve had Bill Belichick coaching Girard and it wouldn’t have mattered
Sometimes u need to be a little smarter than Cochran....
Old 10-15-18, 08:24 PM
All American

I seen that thick skull coming out of the press box at halftime at the Hubbard game....Believe me he has all the influence on that team.
Old 10-15-18, 08:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Quote:
I seen that thick skull coming out of the press box at halftime at the Hubbard game....Believe me he has all the influence on that team.
If you say so. Will you go away now.
Old 10-15-18, 08:27 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Big guy will be a problem for sure. Both teams better bring it if they want the “W”. Girard needs to eliminate penalties this week. Can’t afford to get a three and out only to have a flag laying on the field to turn it into a first down.
Which big guy are you referring to?
Old 10-15-18, 08:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Which big guy are you referring to?
Allies the deep threat. Tight end can be problems too. Both big guys.
Old 10-15-18, 08:40 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
That is why I did not know which one you meant. I know I have discussed LaBrae here. I will say Waid is going to get his, and Girard will score their points on LaBrae. I look for Girard to throw in some QB draws to kerp the LaBrae defense off balance a bit.
Old 10-15-18, 08:43 PM
All American

Quote:
If you say so. Will you go away now.
Man all I can say is u have no clue on what u think u know about football....
Old 10-15-18, 08:46 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Tennant averaging over 20 yards per reception too
Old 10-15-18, 08:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
That is why I did not know which one you meant. I know I have discussed LaBrae here. I will say Waid is going to get his, and Girard will score their points on LaBrae. I look for Girard to throw in some QB draws to kerp the LaBrae defense off balance a bit.
Absolutly. That’s the running game. Spread em out. Send em deep. Pick a gap and go. He’s a big kid. He can break most arm tackles at the line. Then he’s in the open field.with 150 DBs trying to stop a truck. And it’s tough to try to put a spy on him because it takes away from coverage. You just haven’t seen it because they haven’t needed it. He ran one time last week. 76 yards.
Old 10-15-18, 08:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Absolutly. That’s the running game. Spread em out. Send em deep. Pick a gap and go. He’s a big kid. He can break most arm tackles at the line. Then he’s in the open field.with 150 DBs trying to stop a truck. And it’s tough to try to put a spy on him because it takes away from coverage. You just haven’t seen it because they haven’t needed it. He ran one time last week. 76 yards.
Lol
Old 10-15-18, 08:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Man all I can say is u have no clue on what u think u know about football....
Did somebody leave the door unlocked at the asylum? LOL
Hubbard guys. Better lock your doors tonight. Got a wild one loose over there.
Old 10-15-18, 09:04 PM
Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
Girard nearly 100 boys bigger, at home, 20+ seniors and playing for their playoff lives so they have to be the favorite. LaBrae is no joke either, anytime a team is in the playoffs 3 of 4 years (assuming they are in this year) then you have something nice going. Pressure is all on Girard in my opinion. Will be a barn burner and might come down to a special teams play or who has the ball last. One thing i think is overplayed on thread is schedule argument...both teams schedules aren’t great because some teams are down but when they were playing state champ jfk or lakeview wasn’t in the cellar then their schedule is good, right? They both happen to be very good and lakeview, jfk and liberty aren’t...it happens. LaBrae is in a weaker region so regardless of result they could win some games possibly..girard has tough sledding if they even get in.
Old 10-15-18, 09:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Did somebody leave the door unlocked at the asylum? LOL
Hubbard guys. Better lock your doors tonight. Got a wild one loose over there.
Blah blah blah blah...….Keep talking nonsense lol
Old 10-15-18, 10:16 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just for thought, not necessarily an indicator, these two are essentially the exact same teams as last year. Halftime score was 55-6. I know LaBrae has certainly improved. But so has Girard. Just something to add to the conversation. Some say Girard lost their fastest receiver in Belcik. He had two catches last year. Neither for a score. Although he did return a punt for six. Girard typically has 6 different players score every game. Really there is nobody to key on. Take someone away, Waid just checks down to the next man. If LaBrae gets pressure, that will change things. But under pressure, Waid will often use his legs instead. And that’s not really a good thing for LaBrae either. On the other hand, it will work the same for LaBrae. They run some similar offense. Could all be crazy all night. Best athletes make plays and win the game.
Having seen these two teams up close and personal I can assure you that they are NOT they same teams as last year. Labrae holds a distinct advantage in offense speed in bot the passing game and running game. Waid of course is the better QB but Girards weakness is the interior o-line and I'm not sure if Gump is going to be able to handle Stephens coming off the edge. Labrae is playing with a huge chip on their shoulder and they like to take it to the edge. They won't be intimidated by Girards tough guy act at all. I really think labrae wins this because of Girards weak secondary and their inability to cover the speed and size that the Vikings have.
Old 10-15-18, 10:19 PM
All World

wghfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Having seen these two teams up close and personal I can assure you that they are NOT they same teams as last year. Labrae holds a distinct advantage in offense speed in bot the passing game and running game. Waid of course is the better QB but Girards weakness is the interior o-line and I'm not sure if Gump is going to be able to handle Stephens coming off the edge. Labrae is playing with a huge chip on their shoulder and they like to take it to the edge. They won't be intimidated by Girards tough guy act at all. I really think labrae wins this because of Girards weak secondary and their inability to cover the speed and size that the Vikings have.
Tried to inform that Allie, and Tennant have the speed to be dangerous on the perimeter
Old 10-15-18, 10:30 PM
All Region

I’m sure Girard will do their best. As will LaBrae. We shall see who can get some stops.