Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 03-05-14, 11:50 PM
All World

User13
Princeton vs Lakota West

Princeton vs Lakota West, back at Wright State, on Sat, March 8, at 7:30. Princeton won the two regular season games, by 12 points and 9 points.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-14, 12:37 AM
Varsity

Roundball Fan is on a distinguished road
This one could be really good. West is playing very well right now and knows Princeton very well. It will be interesting to see what Fishman will try to do to slow Kelsey down. (You can't stop her)
Old 03-06-14, 09:36 AM
All American

peanut is on a distinguished road
Role play

Play within themselves. Mitchell will score her 20+ the key is limiting the role players. Nia stays within herself and distributes the ball and Lauren stays on fire they should pull this out. (everyone has to play their Role)
Old 03-06-14, 09:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball Fan View Post
This one could be really good. West is playing very well right now and knows Princeton very well. It will be interesting to see what Fishman will try to do to slow Kelsey down. (You can't stop her)
Now Your on board ...
Old 03-06-14, 10:35 AM
Varsity

HeadWest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was at the games last night and a couple of things surprised me. First I was surprised at how bad Fairmount play defensively. It seemed like they were just ready for the season to end. I mean Kelsey is a great player but it was like ground hog day. She would drive the lane and lay it in and get fouled. Fairmount did nothing to stop at least her dribble drive.
But I thought West played outstanding defense all night. Coffee was frustrated and so were there guards. I though Fish did a great coaching job both getting them prepaired to play a much bigger player and also making ajustments during the game. When Lauren picked up her 2nd foul early after hitting a couple threes I though that might be trouble. Andy did a good job with subs, played alot of kids and they contributed. I West cn keep running two and three fresh guards at Kelsy they may get her in fould trouble or get her a little worn out they may pull it off. Princton beat them twice during the season but so did Mason. It will come down to West containing Mitchell best they can and shuting down the rest. Good luck to all the teams and hope they all play well.
Old 03-06-14, 11:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Spot Up! is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Should be a great game. Kelsey is and has moved her game to another level. Problem any team will have is its impossible to keep her from getting the ball and She draws so many fouls. West in my opinion will have to really space the floor and have sharp ball movement. Staples and Lauren gotta knock them down. Think that West roll players will be a factor. Pogue vs. Whittaker will be a matchup to watch. I think at this time Whittaker is the better defender, Pogue the better offensive player. West would not be smart to play man to man or press Princeton. Princeton will have to work hard on defense. West is really moving the ball around well in the half-court.
Old 03-06-14, 01:39 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Now Your on board ...
I've been on board, nut. I just pointed out that certain kids needed to be more unselfish for this team to be successful, and that is starting to happen. The end result? Successful TEAM basketball.
Old 03-06-14, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Did fairmont both big players play againist princeton?.
Old 03-06-14, 03:31 PM
All District

KettHoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Westbeld played the whole game. Was a bit rusty but scored 28. Waterman was in foul trouble and sat about 75% of the first half. Princeton outplayed them in all phases. I have only seen Princeton play a half dozen times in the Mitchell era and this was by far their best game as a team.
Old 03-06-14, 04:31 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
This thread is on the Fairmont vs Princeton game. Is post #31, I included a link to the stats for that game.

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...=263936&page=2
Old 03-07-14, 06:57 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by User13 View Post
This thread is on the Fairmont vs Princeton game. Is post #31, I included a link to the stats for that game.

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...=263936&page=2
Correction, this thread is on the Lakota West vs Princeton game. Is anybody really giving West a chance in this game? I personally think they are a much better (and different) team than the first two meetings. This will be the best defensive team Princeton has played yet (and they also have some offensive weapons). This could be one great regional final pitting two very good GMC teams against each other for a third time. Strap yourself in for this one.
Old 03-07-14, 11:16 AM
All American

Quote:
I've been on board, nut. I just pointed out that certain kids needed to be more unselfish for this team to be successful, and that is starting to happen. The end result? Successful TEAM basketball.
I have been saying since the beggining and everybody (well 2) jumped on me accusing me of being Nia's father Etc...I never put any of the kids down that play for West. I do know this .../Good Point Guard = Good team. Andy knows what he is doing and the players are hard workers and have learned to play their role...I said in the start and I say it to the End GO WEST! Truly I rather some stay on the negative side (Keep the Mojo the same)
Old 03-07-14, 12:53 PM
Varsity

LakotaFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I have been saying since the beggining and everybody (well 2) jumped on me accusing me of being Nia's father Etc...I never put any of the kids down that play for West. I do know this .../Good Point Guard = Good team. Andy knows what he is doing and the players are hard workers and have learned to play their role...I said in the start and I say it to the End GO WEST! Truly I rather some stay on the negative side (Keep the Mojo the same)
We know Mr Staples....every insight and game "prediction" you have for West consists of their point guard (Nia) being the super star and the rest of the team being "role players" to run around in circles and set picks for her. We get it! No matter how many different ways you say it, it's all clear.
Old 03-07-14, 01:04 PM
All District

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Nia good... Kelsey is next level though.
Old 03-07-14, 01:08 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
Correction, this thread is on the Lakota West vs Princeton game.
I meant that the thread in the link which I included was on Lakota West vs Princeton. I should have been more clear.

Quote:
Is anybody really giving West a chance in this game?
I give West a big chance. They are playing well right now. Obviously, a lot depends if Mitchell has a "normal" game, scoring near her average of 25, or goes off like the 50 she put up on Fairmont.
Old 03-07-14, 01:20 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk Diggler View Post
Nia good... Kelsey is next level though.
The GMC stats page shows Mitchell averaging over 2.5 the points (25.9 vs 10.0) and making over 9 times the treys (68 vs 7), so I think you are pretty safe on that one.
Old 03-07-14, 01:25 PM
All District

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
hahahaha
Old 03-07-14, 05:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Card Shark is on a distinguished road
Lakota West beat Mason and Centerville, because in both games they played with more intensity and didn't suffer any prolonged scoring droughts. When Mason (in the 3rd quarter) and Centerville (in the 4th quarter) struggled to score, West pulled away. Their offensive scoring balance had something to do with their consistency.

As many people have said, the key to Princeton is the play of Kelsey's supporting cast. If they shoot 56% from the field, like they did against Fairmont, West has no chance. If West can smother the other 4, it forces Kelsey to have another game like Wednesday night. She is an outstanding player, but you can't expect her to shoot like that every night.

Hope both teams bring their "A game". If they do, it will be a terrific game!
Old 03-07-14, 07:22 PM
Varsity

As I have said, I believe West is very athletic at the guard position, including their bench. This is the most athletic team Princeton plays all year. The last time these two met, Kelsey fouled out and the bench still held on. Looking forward to a great game. Anyone who has watched West in the tournament has to believe they have a chance.
Old 03-07-14, 10:23 PM
All World

User13
Big game for both schools. It is Kelsey Mitchell's last shot at making the final four. Princeton has been "close" several times.

I am sure Coach Fishman would like another shot at the big prize. He almost had it six years ago, but lost the state finals when MND hit a lay up just after time expired (but it was allowed). Low quality video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGdgJsV9TE

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/girls/2008/d1rslt08.htm
Old 03-08-14, 10:37 AM
Junior Varsity

Wink

Last time West played Princeton, Staples played well in handling ball in 1st half. Think pressure wore her down a bit in 2nd half. Problem I see for West is they have to keep their most athletic team on the floor all day. If not Kelsey just runs coast to coast. Shes in such good shape her motor doesn't stop. Will we see 50 again? Highly unlikely. 35? You can bet on that. Lol Only way West wins this game in my opinion is if Whittaker dominates Pogue and Harden on the glass. You get those girls in trouble Princeton has trouble. Think it will be interesting to see if Fishman tries to press. Fairmont double and tripled teamed her on makes, she still got the ball and exploded down court creating mismatches. West will make it close and make a couple runs. If the refs let girls play and game not decided by fouls and early bonuses I think Princeton wins 67-61. Gotta give game ball again to Mitchell. Think Pogue and Henderson score enough to compliment her. West will givem he'll and next year be right back at it. Should be a good one.
Old 03-08-14, 08:35 PM
Junior Varsity

gindie is on a distinguished road
Score?
Old 03-08-14, 08:41 PM
Varsity

JM92 is on a distinguished road
At halftime it was 44-36 Princeton
Old 03-08-14, 09:06 PM
Varsity

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Final 88-75 Princeton
Old 03-09-14, 12:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Take nothing away from West, Girls gave great effort. Lauren and Nia were mosters! Princeton on the other hand 88 points? Wow, Kelsey gotta alot of help tonight. Sister Chelsey , Pogue, Ballew, Henderson. Just to much for West to deal with. Sure the West Girls will be back next year. Great game.
Old 03-09-14, 01:48 AM
All World

User13
Box score here:

http://www.gmcsports.com/bkGameStats.aspx?gameid=186265

Lauren Cannatelli had 18 three point attempts, making 8. Kelsey Mitchell has 19 free throw attempts, making 16.
Old 03-09-14, 09:21 AM
Freshman

Love of Game is on a distinguished road
Class Act?

I'd like to extend fullest congratulations to the West players for an unbelievable effort, both in this game and their impressive season. They deserve every accolade they receive, and their season next year will no doubt be a very, very good one.

But anyone associated with the program who saw the most recent articles in the Hamilton Journal News should be embarrassed by the public lack of respect Andy Fishman gave the Princeton team beyond Kelsey Mitchell, before and after the game. “'Kelsey’s superhuman,' said Fishman, whose squad lost to Princeton 64-52 on Dec. 11 and 59-50 on Jan. 4 during the regular season. 'There is not a better player right now in the world perhaps. But she’s also a human being, and they have five human beings on the floor.'” Last night, that team of course put up 88 points, had 4 players (not just 1) in double figures, and won by 13 - a greater margin than in either of the previous matchups this year. Yet, all of this apparently was just luck. “We were just very unlucky. They banked in three 3s and shots were going in and out for us. I tell the girls sometimes you have to be lucky instead of good.” Princeton apparently just isn't very good. I suggest Coach Fishman take a page from Bull Durham and learn some cliches - and a lot more humility - for his press quotes.
Old 03-09-14, 09:30 AM
Freshman

Love of Game is on a distinguished road
Class Act?

I'd like to extend fullest congratulations to the West players for an unbelievable effort, both in this game and their impressive season. They deserve every accolade they receive, and their season next year will no doubt be a very, very good one.

But anyone associated with the program who saw the most recent articles in the Hamilton Journal News should be unimpressed at the public lack of respect Coach Andy Fishman gave the Princeton team beyond Kelsey Mitchell, before and after the game. “'Kelsey’s superhuman,' said Fishman, whose squad lost to Princeton 64-52 on Dec. 11 and 59-50 on Jan. 4 during the regular season. 'There is not a better player right now in the world perhaps. But she’s also a human being, and they have five human beings on the floor.'” Last night, that "just human" team of course put up 88 points, had 4 players (not just 1) in double figures, and won by 13 - a greater margin than in either of the previous matchups this year. Yet, all of this apparently was just luck. “We were just very unlucky. They banked in three 3s and shots were going in and out for us. I tell the girls sometimes you have to be lucky instead of good.” (West's girls of course hit 12 3s in the game, so they didn't just go in and out.) I suggest Coach Fishman take a page from Bull Durham and learn some cliches - and a lot more humility, in victory and defeat - for his press quotes. I'm sure Jill Phillips used those quotes about her team to full motivational advantage, before the game and now that they head to Columbus.
Old 03-09-14, 09:49 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love of Game View Post

But anyone associated with the program who saw the most recent articles in the Hamilton Journal News should be unimpressed at the public lack of respect Coach Andy Fishman gave the Princeton team beyond Kelsey Mitchell, before and after the game. “'Kelsey’s superhuman,' said Fishman, whose squad lost to Princeton 64-52 on Dec. 11 and 59-50 on Jan. 4 during the regular season. 'There is not a better player right now in the world perhaps. But she’s also a human being, and they have five human beings on the floor.'” Last night, that "just human" team of course put up 88 points, had 4 players (not just 1) in double figures, and won by 13 - a greater margin than in either of the previous matchups this year. Yet, all of this apparently was just luck. “We were just very unlucky. They banked in three 3s and shots were going in and out for us. I tell the girls sometimes you have to be lucky instead of good.” (West's girls of course hit 12 3s in the game, so they didn't just go in and out.) I suggest Coach Fishman take a page from Bull Durham and learn some cliches - and a lot more humility, in victory and defeat - for his press quotes. I'm sure Jill Phillips used those quotes about her team to full motivational advantage, before the game and now that they head to Columbus.
Old 03-09-14, 12:47 PM
All District

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love of Game View Post

Not a fan of Fish, but I didn't expect him to gush about Princeton- they are a conference foe and he is a fierce competitor. I wouldn't read so much into his words- I think the "human" quote got the "just" added by you. Most of us understood that he meant anything can happen even the most outstanding players are human. Princeton was great and West should be proud of their team for a great run. In my opinion, Lauren Canetelli was the most inspiring player out there- pure heart!