Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 11-24-12, 02:20 AM
All American

WARRIORS_94 is on a distinguished road
WB did really well against Hathaway Brown. I wouldn't be afraid to play them in the regular season after a couple games under our belt. I was extremely impressed with the Warriors. Still a few things to work on but I love our defense. Not saying either if we won or lost any. Let's just say (IMO) the NBC fans will be in for a treat when they see us. Good luck to all teams in the NBC. Let's hope see good basketball and no injuries!!!

Last edited by WARRIORS_94; 11-24-12 at 08:24 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-12, 06:16 AM
All Ohio

thewho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
I would disagree on the defense from South... the box and 1 to start served its purpose well but sitting in a 2-3 wasn't getting it done and they stuck with it far too long. Central adjusted relatively quickly and shredded most of what South threw at them.

I agree on the rhythm/energy of the game but I disagree that that was on the officials. I thought it was ok officiating overall. Not stellar, but not bad and it certainly didn't decide the game. South's lack of any sort of offense/Central's defensive effort was much more the deciding factor.
South only gave up 39 points and you could tell their game plan was to stop the penetration of Dodson, and keep everything on the perimeter. 39 points given up to me is not bad on the defensive end. Their issue was on the offensive side of the ball. I thought both teams defense was good, definitely more CCC.

To the people of South, PLease vote on your school levy next time. I saw the newspaper article with leaky ceilings. Last night the score board didn't work well and I had no clue who was in the bonus, etc... Vote for a new school for your kids for goodness sake!
Old 11-24-12, 06:10 PM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
Louisville beats GlenOak in OT... Lady Leopards show some moxie
Old 11-24-12, 09:41 PM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
West Branch 67
Ursuline 19

FINAL

West Branch started 1 senior, 1 junior, and 3 sophomores tonight. If it wasn't for sloppy play tonight by the Lady Warriors, they could of easily scored 80+...They missed several easy layups that i hardly see them miss. Then, they had a hard time boxing out defensively. However, even with the sloppy play, they cruised to victory in this game.

My biggest "wow" tonight was how lopsided it was. Isn't Ursuline usually a top tier DIII program in Northeast Ohio? I knew they opened up season at Stow last year, and almost came out of there with a victory(to be honest, they really should of). Didn't know how much they loss from a year ago. I went into that game thinking this was going to be one of WB's toughest games all year long. I was quickly proven wrong. I'm at a loss of meaningful words right now...Great job Lady Warriors!
Old 11-24-12, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Ursuline has been very good in recent years yes, but this game suggests this year won't be as good. Obviously WB is very talented, no disrespect intended to them... but good teams don't get blown out like that no matter who the opponent
Old 11-24-12, 09:56 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
I happened to take in this game also....very surprise with Ursuline had size and look very athletic but not well coached....
Old 11-24-12, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Warriors.
Old 11-25-12, 02:44 AM
All Ohio

westbranchfan
Minerva 38, Navarre Fairless 32
Canfield 65, Alliance Marlington 40

and i know HB was mentioned on this thread in scrimmages, they lost as well tonight..
Reynoldsburg 45, Shaker Hts. Hathaway Brown 35
Old 11-25-12, 07:48 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Leps View Post
Took in this game yesterday... I gotta say, compared to the game I saw Friday night(South/CCC) , wow... what a major difference in less then 24 hours. Based on pre game and the first quarter, I thought the lady eagles was going to win it, I just had that feeling. However, Louisville and GO put on a great game today!!! My suggestion,,, these two need to open each year. I thought both teams played hard, well coached, and obviously went into OT to determine the game. Congrats to both teams and communities. As far as Lady Hoops, both schools were represented well!!!

And as for GO fans, last year I came to a game where you were ripping the coach and players. I gotta say,,, where I was sitting, you hear small things, but for the most part, I felt you behaved much better then last year.
Old 11-25-12, 07:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbranchfan View Post
Minerva 38, Navarre Fairless 32
Canfield 65, Alliance Marlington 40

and i know HB was mentioned on this thread in scrimmages, they lost as well tonight..
Reynoldsburg 45, Shaker Hts. Hathaway Brown 35
Received a text from Marlington parent/good friend and co worker. In the text it stated this "Girls fought hard, but it will be a long season for JV and Varsity". I think this is sad... I really do... this is a school I felt was going to compete for the league this year. They loose a player to Alliance, ooops, I mean McKinley. Then a player who is in trouble (sad issue), coach steps down (understandable for why) and have only a few players back from last years team with a JV team that I believe was the worst in the NBC. I feel for these girls and that program. I think if they pull off 3-5 wins this season, that would be a success. Their out of league schedule is just as tough as their in league schedule.

Happy 500 post to myself. McGal, I am only 35,000 something away from you! Oh yeah, I saw Hogan had 12 pts for the bulldogs, not bad!
Old 11-25-12, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Post numbers don't mean much thewho and yes, she had a pretty good first game for the Lady Pups.
Old 11-25-12, 07:02 PM
All Region

Kasson is on a distinguished road
Columbiana Crestview 45, Salem 34
Old 11-25-12, 09:41 PM
All American

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Video Highlights, Pictures, Recap, and Stats from the JV/Varsity Games between Louisville-GlenOak:

GlenOak Golden Eagles Vs. Louisville Leopards Girls Basketball Highlights, Pictures, Stats, Recap
Old 11-25-12, 10:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Ktown24Panther is on a distinguished road
Nbc

The Who - Can you explain to me how she is eligible to play at McK
this year and Dotson had to sit out a yr. ? To bad what has happened
to the Dukes.
Old 11-26-12, 07:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown24Panther View Post
The Who - Can you explain to me how she is eligible to play at McK
this year and Dotson had to sit out a yr. ? To bad what has happened
to the Dukes.
Good question... I don't know and I agree, I think she should have had to sit out like Dodson. Heck.. technically, didn't she play for 3 schools in 2012? Marlington, Alliance, and McK. I feel for Marlington.. as I have said before, I have a good friend who's daughter is on the team. I was looking forward to watching the Lady Dukes compete for the championship this year, however, I think we all know that will not be the case. But again... to answer your question, not sure why she is eligible. I do though have this question, why did she leave in the first place? Marlington to me had a good thing going there in my opinion.
Old 11-26-12, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Guys, you're comparing apples and oranges situations and the two situations rulings in the end were the right ones by OHSAA by-laws and according to the schools and AD's involved. There's much more to both that most general fans don't understand or know about that has nothing to do with basketball. I don't think anyone outside of the families themselves, the OHSAA, and the coaches in each case really know the full story.
Old 11-26-12, 03:09 PM
All District

TheBranch79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guys, you're comparing apples and oranges situations and the two situations rulings in the end were the right ones by OHSAA by-laws and according to the schools and AD's involved. There's much more to both that most general fans don't understand or know about that has nothing to do with basketball. I don't think anyone outside of the families themselves, the OHSAA, and the coaches in each case really know the full story.
From what I have understood, the father made the push for her to be cleared because the move was "work-related," which is a valid reason according the the OHSAA. Not saying it is right or wrong, but if the OHSAA found that work was the reason, in this economy and in general you can't hurt the player.

McGal, I know youre close to the situation at McKinley....What exactly was the reason for the move of Dotson. I don't want to hear rumors or start rumors. I have heard everything from education reasons to didn't care for coaching staff. You probably won't answer and I don't blame you, just curious.
Old 11-26-12, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Lol I won't answer because I've never actually heard directly from her or her family themselves. Not worth putting unverified info out there.
Old 11-26-12, 06:06 PM
All District

TheBranch79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol I won't answer because I've never actually heard directly from her or her family themselves. Not worth putting unverified info out there.
I can respect that. Its just always been such a mystery, no one seems to know. She is a great player though, McKinley is missing a post for sure but she would have been a huge help.
Old 11-26-12, 10:23 PM
Freshman

NBCBball100 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not going to go into the rest of your post (other than I agree with Kasson, gotta call you nuts on this one lol) but a couple thoughts:

1) Louisville will still be solid and have a then junior/now senior class who's out to prove they are 'as good' as last year's seniors. Just my guess after some of the competitive issues last year on the team.

2) Massillon did not lose 'everyone'. Far from it. Young? Yes they'll be playing a couple good young guards. They just won't have size. Also have the twins from McK over there now (guards that are seniors).
Louisville is in deep trouble without Mackenzie Storlie. Her ballhandling was absolutely sick and now Louisville has nobody who can dribble it up the court. It could be an interesting year for Louisville f they have nobody who can handle the ball. They had 34 turnovers against Glen Oak, a team that absolutely dominated last year
Old 11-26-12, 10:33 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Scoring 7 points in the 4th quarter doeesn't show moxie. I was at that game and lets just say the lady leps are lucky that glenoak cant make free throws. Won't be a good season for the lady leps if their captain gets called for 5 seconds four times in the fourth quarter. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but theyre not going to win NBC now that Storlie is gone.
The only retuning people that can effectively play are Jordan Monnot and Clara Lemmon.

Last edited by NBCBball100; 11-26-12 at 10:43 PM..
Old 11-27-12, 09:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCBball100 View Post
Scoring 7 points in the 4th quarter doeesn't show moxie. I was at that game and lets just say the lady leps are lucky that glenoak cant make free throws. Won't be a good season for the lady leps if their captain gets called for 5 seconds four times in the fourth quarter. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but theyre not going to win NBC now that Storlie is gone.
The only retuning people that can effectively play are Jordan Monnot and Clara Lemmon.
While I agree that its going to be a tough road to win the NBC, let's not forget it was the first game. From what I heard GlenOak was the favorite, yet still with all the turnovers and mistakes Louisville still pulled out a win. I wouldn't throw away the season just yet.

Also I don't want to make this as an excuse, but you were at the game let's be honest the refs let them play. When fouls aren't being called, there will be a lot of turnovers. GlenOak had 20 as well. Nees, Mullett, and Rice can all handle the ball fine.
Old 11-27-12, 06:37 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
While I agree that its going to be a tough road to win the NBC, let's not forget it was the first game. From what I heard GlenOak was the favorite, yet still with all the turnovers and mistakes Louisville still pulled out a win. I wouldn't throw away the season just yet.

Also I don't want to make this as an excuse, but you were at the game let's be honest the refs let them play. When fouls aren't being called, there will be a lot of turnovers. GlenOak had 20 as well. Nees, Mullett, and Rice can all handle the ball fine.
I agree Nees and Mullett can but Rice is really a liability when in comes to inbounding the ball even. 3 for 4 times she got call for 5 seconds in the 4th quarter. Again, I hope I get proven wrong, but I don't know how she is expected to start.

It should be Nees, Mullett, Monnot, and the Lemmons.
Old 11-27-12, 11:35 PM
Freshman

Hoopaholic is on a distinguished road
Minerva 63
Edison 22
Old 11-28-12, 08:14 AM
All American

November 23rd

Canton Central Catholic 39, Canton South 25

November 24th

Louisville 59, GlenOak 57 (OT)
Canfield 65, Marlington 40
Minerva 38, Fairless 32
Crestview 45, Salem 34
West Branch 67, Ursuline 19

November 26th

Indian Creek at Carrollton
Canton South at Dover

November 27th

Minerva 63, Edison 22

November 28th

Carrollton at Claymont
GlenOak at Marlington
Lake at Louisville
Salem at United

November 29th

Alliance at Rootstown
Old 11-28-12, 08:20 AM
All American

December 1st

first slate of conference games:

Canton South at West Branch
Louisville at Minerva
Salem at Alliance
Marlington at Carrollton

Records of what I have right now:

Minerva 2-0, 0-0
Louisville 1-0, 0-0
West Branch 1-0, 0-0
Carrollton 0-0, 0-0
Alliance 0-0, 0-0
Canton South 0-1, 0-0
Salem 0-1, 0-0
Marlington 0-1, 0-0
Old 11-28-12, 11:10 PM
All Ohio

Lady Leopards fall to Lake 52-41. This was an ugly game; too many mistakes by Louisville and yes, taking care of the ball is a problem. Lake looked a little loose at times also.

Louisville cuts down the turnovers they could beat a team like Lake, but can they cut down the turnovers is the problem. At times some terrible shot selection also.

Clara Lemmon has yet to reach her potential - she could out-jump the taller Lake girls and is no nonsense about bringing the ball downcourt and in a hurry. Why not let her bring it? She should also be attacking the hoop, getting fouled etc. I don't think she realizes how good she is.
Old 11-28-12, 11:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I agree Nees and Mullett can but Rice is really a liability when in comes to inbounding the ball even. 3 for 4 times she got call for 5 seconds in the 4th quarter. Again, I hope I get proven wrong, but I don't know how she is expected to start.

It should be Nees, Mullett, Monnot, and the Lemmons.

Rice didn't have that problem at all vs Lake. You only saw one game.

Nees and Mullett were having more trouble taking care of the ball than Rice vs Lake.
Old 11-29-12, 12:06 AM
All World

Spencer
Quote:
Lady Leopards fall to Lake 52-41. This was an ugly game; too many mistakes by Louisville and yes, taking care of the ball is a problem. Lake looked a little loose at times also.

Louisville cuts down the turnovers they could beat a team like Lake, but can they cut down the turnovers is the problem. At times some terrible shot selection also.

Clara Lemmon has yet to reach her potential - she could out-jump the taller Lake girls and is no nonsense about bringing the ball downcourt and in a hurry. Why not let her bring it? She should also be attacking the hoop, getting fouled etc. I don't think she realizes how good she is.
Didn't attend the game but from what I was told Louisville is in for a long season and so is Lake if they play as they did tonight.Lake was obviously the better team but the sloppy play by both teams made it tough to watch.
Old 11-29-12, 09:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Hannah Lemmon: 8 Points, 3 Blocks, 3 Steals vs. Lake...I think that qualifies as an effective night what do you think?

Quote:

She was fine at GlenOak, she got into foul trouble this game but she'll be fine and I believe her best is yet to come. Team Defensive Player of the Year last year.

Hard to win with 31 turnovers and 23-12 disadvantage in fouls.

Last edited by LeopardNation; 11-29-12 at 11:14 AM..