Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 10-30-12, 07:17 AM
Freshman

MiMi1971 is on a distinguished road
I'm excited for all the teams. There will be some good matchups.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-12, 09:55 PM
Moderated User

popeye777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post

Jackson has a lot of talent (even with the loss of the 8th grader to St V's) and more on the way, just a matter of them learning to win.
Requote, Jackson had a lot of talent. The top Freshman transferred to St V so that the kid would not be subjected to Gomer's coaching short comings. Another upcoming Freshman quit because Gomer was not a fan of her second sport (volleyball). This knucklehead will forever doom Jackson girl's basketball.

Jackson will battle Boardman for next to last place in the Fed
Old 11-01-12, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Im sure that Warburton is a better ball handler after a summer of working with coach Aldering. Im sure the Hoover worked this summer on developing their ball handling skills. If Peare has to bring the ball down so be it. Peare is extreamly fast. McK's pressure will be very good. I have always been impressed how intense McK pressure is. It will be interesting to see this Hogan girl play. Season is almost here.
MCGal who does McK play non-league this year? I like the 22 games this year.

Good Luck everyone
Old 11-01-12, 10:07 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
WhatsupDoc, not even sure they have all 22 games in place, but I know they open up with (or play really early) a game against a very talented Toledo Rogers squad. They also have games at the Classic in the Country, Ursuline, Shaker Heights, Hathaway Brown and Massillon outside of the Federal League.
Old 11-02-12, 10:15 AM
All American

SteelValley
Boardman 2012 Opponents:

Federal League Opponents (12 games)
King HS (Cleveland)
@ Youngstown Ursuline
Canfield (H,A)
Warren Harding
@ Youngstown East
@ Howland
@ Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
@ Austintown-Fitch
Marlington

Solid schedule with some quality non-conference games w/ Canfield, Ursuline and Howland. But, no elite level non-conference opponent as in past years. Based on last year's results I think this schedule is perfect. Only maybe 1 or 2 complete walk over games. A lot of decent, but not great opponents. Also, they don't have to leave the Mahoning Valley at all for non-conference away games. Nice for travel.
Old 11-02-12, 03:51 PM
All World

Spencer
Lake has the same ooc schedule as last year except they added Shaker Hts,Garaway,Norton and Berlin Hiland at the Classic in the Country and dropped Wooster and Walsh.

Last edited by Spencer; 11-09-12 at 05:53 PM..
Old 11-08-12, 11:25 PM
All American

bluesteel4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye777 View Post
Requote, Jackson had a lot of talent. The top Freshman transferred to St V so that the kid would not be subjected to Gomer's coaching short comings. Another upcoming Freshman quit because Gomer was not a fan of her second sport (volleyball). This knucklehead will forever doom Jackson girl's basketball.

Jackson will battle Boardman for next to last place in the Fed
Might wanna check your facts as to why girls are not playing. Start by asking the VB coach.
Old 11-14-12, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshengophers View Post
Heard from 2 very reliable people that Hogan has won her appeal with the OHSAA and is eligible to play this season.
OCT - 22

http://www.ohsaa.org/news/board/2012PanelMinOct22.pdf

D. Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, An 11th-Grade Student, Canton McKinley High School (Northeast District)
An 11th-grade student transferred from Alliance Marlington High School to Canton McKinley High School for the 2012-13 school year. As a transfer student, the student became ineligible for interscholastic athletics for one year from the date of enrollment at Canton McKinley, and the Commissionerís Office determined that none of the enumerated exceptions to Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, were applicable.
The studentís father and Adrian Allison, assistant superintendent for Canton City Schools, appealed the ruling so that the student could be eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics at Canton McKinley immediately. They testified that the move was not done to circumvent the transfer bylaw. Greg Malone, Canton McKinley athletic administrator, and Nick Evanich, Marlington athletic administrator, also attended the appeal.
In light of the new evidence that was presented, there was a motion to approve the appeal.
Motion passed 3-0.

:>---
Old 11-15-12, 12:15 AM
All Region

Buckeye80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Girls are now. As they have been, leaving the Jackson program in droves. Because it has been such a horribly run program for the last 7 or 8 years. They have way to many other options on teams that can be competitive. That are much better coached. That are also played by kids that can compete on the field. Not by kids whose parents do more behind the scenes.
Better go back to school and take a remedial English course... Yikes!
Old 11-15-12, 07:10 PM
All Ohio

Incognito
McKinley better be crossing t's and dotting i's when it comes to their girls.
Be very aware of a current player's father who was involved with troubles at Regina ('09/'10) and Lake Ridge Academy ('10/'11)!
Just sayin...

Last edited by Incognito; 11-16-12 at 06:30 AM..
Old 11-15-12, 07:59 PM
Junior Varsity

JINX is on a distinguished road
T's and I's

New player? They have at least three new ones that I know.
Old 11-15-12, 09:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Ktown24Panther is on a distinguished road
not sure how she became eligible , after reading the by-laws on the ohsaa
web site none of these would apply to her.
Old 11-15-12, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to y2h
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
OCT - 22

http://www.ohsaa.org/news/board/2012PanelMinOct22.pdf

D. Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, An 11th-Grade Student, Canton McKinley High School (Northeast District)
An 11th-grade student transferred from Alliance Marlington High School to Canton McKinley High School for the 2012-13 school year. As a transfer student, the student became ineligible for interscholastic athletics for one year from the date of enrollment at Canton McKinley, and the Commissionerís Office determined that none of the enumerated exceptions to Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, were applicable.
The studentís father and Adrian Allison, assistant superintendent for Canton City Schools, appealed the ruling so that the student could be eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics at Canton McKinley immediately. They testified that the move was not done to circumvent the transfer bylaw. Greg Malone, Canton McKinley athletic administrator, and Nick Evanich, Marlington athletic administrator, also attended the appeal.
In light of the new evidence that was presented, there was a motion to approve the appeal.
Motion passed 3-0.

:>---
Pam and Willie had to sweat it out but they got their girl after all....maybe the best recruiters in the state
Old 11-15-12, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

Mudcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
McKinley better be crossing i's and dotting t's...
This is funny.... (how do you cross an "i" or dot a "t"?)

Of course "the move was not done to circumvent the transfer bylaw". Daddy, Willie and Pam said so, so it couldn't have been. LOL.

What a joke.
Old 11-15-12, 09:57 PM
All Ohio

thewho is on a distinguished road
Any updates on any scrimmages? Curious who is looking good.

I did see Jackson vs. South and Norton. They did fine vs. Norton, struggled vs. C. South. Curious on any other FL teams and how they have looked so far?
Old 11-16-12, 06:31 AM
All Ohio

Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
This is funny.... (how do you cross an "i" or dot a "t"?)

Of course "the move was not done to circumvent the transfer bylaw". Daddy, Willie and Pam said so, so it couldn't have been. LOL.

What a joke.

You know what I meant.
Old 11-16-12, 07:54 AM
All Ohio

Mudcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
You know what I meant.
Yep. Just having fun.
Old 11-16-12, 05:05 PM
Junior Varsity

"Recruiters"

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Pam and Willie had to sweat it out but they got their girl after all....maybe the best recruiters in the state
This is a joke! No one person or persons can make a family leave their school, or home. I didn't know that any basketball coach had that much power over parents.
Old 11-16-12, 07:40 PM
All Region

Buckeye80
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
I heard they graduated summa cum laude from Wackerly University...
Old 11-16-12, 09:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Cool Graduation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye80 View Post
I heard they graduated summa cum laude from Wackerly University...
One does have their Masters from Akron University!!!
Old 11-16-12, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho View Post
Any updates on any scrimmages? Curious who is looking good.

I did see Jackson vs. South and Norton. They did fine vs. Norton, struggled vs. C. South. Curious on any other FL teams and how they have looked so far?
Struggled against South? Ok, now we're going to have to start disagreeing again lol... I don't think any quarter had a scoring margin that would suggest that, but agree to disagree I suppose

For those attacking the Davis', in this day and age (as sad as this is to say), coaches don't have to go after these kids, the kids come calling to them... and it's hardly a McK-only issue if you look around the state. It's a statement on the times/direction of high school sports imo much more so than anything based on one coach or program.
Old 11-17-12, 01:46 PM
All Ohio

Well... South did win every quarter. A Div. I school to a school bordering Div. III, I would think even a split is good for South, or maybe even winning one. Winning all??? I felt that was a great win for the lady wildcats still playing with youth vs. a Div. I school. I will agree though, maybe they didn't win like I presented, but they did win every quarter as I personally didn't think they would. Not vs. a Jackson?
Old 11-17-12, 04:46 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
I didn't say they didn't win the quarters thewho (I didn't write down scores, don't remember and don't care really lol), I just called into question the "struggled" comment. I thought all of the quarters were pretty competitive. Yes, it was great for South to play that well, but you're blowing the difference between divisions out of proportion. Also, in terms of varsity experience, South had far more on the floor than Jackson.
Old 11-17-12, 05:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
I didn't say they didn't win the quarters thewho (I didn't write down scores, don't remember and don't care really lol), I just called into question the "struggled" comment. I thought all of the quarters were pretty competitive. Yes, it was great for South to play that well, but you're blowing the difference between divisions out of proportion. Also, in terms of varsity experience, South had far more on the floor than Jackson.
I was not sure what experience jackson had on the floor. I know South returns all its starters, and I believe 1-2 maybe soph., and i believe they start one sr. Though they return every starter, I don't really know how good they will be, they are still somewhat young, but experience is big, I agree.. I though gotta disagree, I think Divisions is a huge difference. When you have hundreds more girls to choose from in an area like Jackson, I think that, or I would hope that would give you a competitive balance. South is a community that can't pass a school levy, smallest school for girls in the NBC, and a community (no offense) that appears not to be growing. So, I think Jackson on paper, would be heads over heals better then South with their #'s and community. My opinion... Either way, I enjoyed that scrimmage the other night and I would have enjoyed it more if I got to meet you, maybe next time.
Old 12-02-12, 11:02 AM
All American

ccrunner4815
Hoover opens up the season yesterday with a win @ Boardman 69-42. Stroemple leads the Vikings with 27 points.
Old 12-02-12, 12:32 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
Went to the McK Glen Oak game Sat. McK won by by 25 or so, the game was closer then the score was. Glen Oak hung with McK till the middle of the 3rd. McK guards were just to quick for Glen Oak. Turner played well for McK. I thought the one post for Glen Oak played well, can't think of her name she was a soph. Mck turned up the D in the second half. Glen Oak had too many break downs on D. But they seemed young. Good Luck all any Big Fed games coming up?
Old 12-02-12, 01:08 PM
All American

ccrunner4815
Next Saturday 12/8 Uniontown Lake @ North Canton Hoover.

Should be a good one!

Last edited by ccrunner4815; 12-06-12 at 07:19 AM..
Old 12-02-12, 01:14 PM
Junior Varsity

Young!!

I think McK is young also!
Old 12-02-12, 04:13 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Props to GlenOak for the game effort, they ran out of gas late in the first half and midway thru the 3rd imho... they didn't back down at all in this one and provided a pretty entertaining afternoon of basketball yesterday. The JV game was pretty intense too. McK turned up the intensity in the 3rd as GlenOak faltered and a couple adjustments by McK turned into a big run to turn a 10-12 point lead to a 25-30 point lead very quickly.
Old 12-02-12, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

Glad to hear the positive feedback about GlenOak. I seen them vs.Louisville, I was impressed. I seen them vs. Marlington, I was not as impressed. I think though my thinking on them was as if they would be Marlington by 40 do to all the negative I heard about Marlington. either way, they won, and again...I like hearing positive feedback on my school district.