Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Old 11-03-12, 11:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky14 View Post
Do any of the GWOC teams have any Freshmen that might make some noise?
I can only comment on Northmont. They only lost one senior from last year's 25-4 team, and she played sparingly.
With that, I do not see any freshman cracking the varsity lineup, even though this freshman class at Northmont could be special in a few years.
The 2013 class is very good for Northmont with 9 seniors on this year's roster. The 2016 class has 18 girls signed up to come out this spring, and many of them are very good players.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-12, 09:14 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky14 View Post
Do any of the GWOC teams have any Freshmen that might make some noise?
Greenville will probably start 2 frosh-will have to wait and see how much noise they make this spring.
Old 11-09-12, 04:58 AM
All Ohio

Levy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
By the way is there any truth to the rumor Colerain may be dropping all sports if levy doesn't pass?

Levy PASSED!!! so, softball and other sports will remain at CHS...
Old 11-09-12, 04:41 PM
Freshman

Agree

Lebanon has talent, but will need some leadership to make another state run. Northmont returns enough to take Central. Beavercreek a good core but is without coaches, Fairborn is without pitching, Fairmont has a lot of talent back but new coaching staff. Centerville returns a nice roster and they have a lot of experience. Keep an eye for new coaching staff in Springfield. Greenville will always come up with something and it will improve as season goes along. The GWOC North should be an interesting battle for that top spot. Battle for second in the South; Burg lost a lot. I like WC in the south to finish behind Lebanon. All quality players appear to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Buck View Post
As far as SW ohio and the GWOC, Lebanon is still the team to beat coming out of the GWOC South, regardless of the status of their outstanding sophomore to be pitcher. They are loaded throughout the lineup with several division 1 caliber players.

I would say Northmont would be next best in the GWOC coming out of the Central division, then it is up in the air.

Greenville is always the team to beat in the north, but they lost a ton of players from last year. Beavercreek lost a few good seniors, but still has a few very good players. Centerville could surprise too if their young pitchers improve.

I would not rule out Fairborn in the South for 2nd place in that division, but not sure what they have to replace Bolser for a pitcher. I am also not sure what all is coming back for Miamisburg.

Top 5 in the GWOC:
Lebanon
Northmont
Beavercreek
Centerville
Fairborn/Miamisburg/Springfield/Greenville tied.
Old 11-12-12, 04:43 PM
All District

Wink Seasoned!

My son fails to realize that I'm "seasoned", not old! I now have some access to the internet at my new home (for retirement) on Lake Whitney, Texas. I now am 2 hours away from Austin, but will make the trek for all games possible involving Lauren & the Longhorns. It is good to see so much activity on Yappi for the coming softball season...Laurens' last year in high school! I look forward to following all the girls of the GMC, as well as the teams. I was saddened to hear of the young lady from Lebanon, and her terrible accident. I wish her only the best in recovery, and her future in softball. I have every intention of making a trip to the Cincinnati area for some GMC softball, probably in April. Looking forward to both the season and the input on Yappi!
Old 11-13-12, 10:56 AM
All District

Smile Kudos!

By the way, I want to personally thank all the fans up north for their support and congratulations for my granddaughter, Lauren Slatten, and her signing to play for our Longhorns. It is heartwarming to see that she has met with approval from both the GMC fans, as well as those in the SW Ohio area. I have been impressed with the class shown by those fans since her move up to Cincinnatti last school year. Thanks, again!

By the way, what exactly is this "levy" that just passed?
Old 11-14-12, 10:23 AM
All District

Talking

Congratulations, Devon Colebank! Best wishes for your future in
softball at Notre Dame. You've earned it. Have a great season this Spring!
Old 11-14-12, 08:08 PM
Colerain Booster

Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFan View Post
By the way, I want to personally thank all the fans up north for their support and congratulations for my granddaughter, Lauren Slatten, and her signing to play for our Longhorns. It is heartwarming to see that she has met with approval from both the GMC fans, as well as those in the SW Ohio area. I have been impressed with the class shown by those fans since her move up to Cincinnatti last school year. Thanks, again!

By the way, what exactly is this "levy" that just passed?
Northwest Local School District passed a tax levy...without the levy the school district was going to cut all extracurricular activities...all moot now! the voters passed it!!

Congrats to Lauren and every young lady who signed a LOI today!!!
Old 12-03-12, 02:57 PM
Varsity

Ttt
Old 12-09-12, 04:13 PM
All District

Question Trainers' condition

Is there any word on Miss Trainers' progress since her accident? I'm hoping for her complete recovery, in time.
Old 01-05-13, 11:32 PM
Varsity

Ttt
Old 01-06-13, 02:47 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdad View Post
Not sure what this post means??
Im just keeping yappi from deleting this thread. It means "To The Top".
Old 01-06-13, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

HS Winter ball

With the Winter leagues and Tournaments starting this month we should get a chance to see some of the new talent (incoming freshmen).

Colerain has some good ones coming in. I am not sure if they will make varsity but it is a good sign for things down the road with so many seniors leaving in 2013...

Princeton may be a little more competitive with some strong freshmen coming in. Hamilton looks to be stronger as will be Sycamore.

Anyone know what is the story is with Fairfield or Middletown?
Old 01-07-13, 01:51 PM
All District

Quote:
With the Winter leagues and Tournaments starting this month we should get a chance to see some of the new talent (incoming freshmen).

Colerain has some good ones coming in. I am not sure if they will make varsity but it is a good sign for things down the road with so many seniors leaving in 2013...

Princeton may be a little more competitive with some strong freshmen coming in. Hamilton looks to be stronger as will be Sycamore.

Anyone know what is the story is with Fairfield or Middletown?
I don't know crap about incoming freshman at oak hill.....much less any other GMC school. BWAHAHA
Old 01-07-13, 06:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdad View Post
I don't know crap about incoming freshman at oak hill.....much less any other GMC school. BWAHAHA
Ok thanks for the heads up?

Last edited by HSFB Fan : 01-08-13 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-07-13, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

Not an incoming freshman but a kid that caught on late last year as a freshman for West was Marisa Brown and she is a very good hitter.

Fairfield has a lot of girls playing travel, more than Middletown normally. So while they lost some very good players, I don't think there will be any drop off. They always do well even when people seem to expect otherwise.

I believe that Princeton will have a decent pitcher this year. I remember seeing a junior high girl pitch for them in the indoor league at SWObat last year. But I'm not sure if she was in 7th or 8th grade.
Old 01-08-13, 03:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Ok thanks for the heads up?
Would you prefer I make something up?
Old 01-09-13, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

Humm.... I would prefer that you do not make anything up...

Again, thanks for the heads up
Old 01-09-13, 09:07 PM
Varsity

Probably going to Sincalir this weekend for some softball. Should be some good games. With some good matchups.
Old 01-11-13, 07:50 AM
Freshman

Who outside of the GWOC and GMC will be teams to watch?
Old 01-11-13, 03:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by softball4ever View Post
I think McAuley has a lot of girls returning and they were pretty good last year. Not sure what Loveland returns but they gave Oak Hills a game in the districts. Also Edgewood has a good pitcher and catcher I know of....not sure what else they have returning.
Old 01-11-13, 03:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Also, GLen Este has two outstanding pitchers in Bailey Miller and Brooke Parker so they could be tough.

GE's coach is now at Milford and they have an allstater going with him (his daughter) from Glen Este. Milford wasn't bad last year and now have another athlete to help them improve.
Old 01-16-13, 05:44 AM
Freshman

Who is the new coach at Glen Este? What's Turpin have coming back this year?
Old 01-16-13, 09:26 PM
All Ohio

Kathy Lach will be the new Head Coach at Glen Este. She was the head coach at McNicholas for many years.

The season I remember they had Ronni Ferris and they were 25-1.
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2008/06/26/oh_C11.pdf
Old 01-18-13, 07:45 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Who is the new coach at Glen Este? What's Turpin have coming back this year?
Turpin lost three starters, including key players, offensively and defensively, on the left side of the infield. Pitching is back. Strong core of 5 juniors who've been around since frosh year. Keys will be filling the left side, then seeing who steps up, especially offensively.
Old 01-24-13, 11:43 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Buck View Post
I think McAuley has a lot of girls returning and they were pretty good last year. Not sure what Loveland returns but they gave Oak Hills a game in the districts. Also Edgewood has a good pitcher and catcher I know of....not sure what else they have returning.
Edgewood lost 3 this past year. The SS, CF, and 2nd pitcher. We did have a little SS come in as a Freshman but yet to see what she can do on dirt. Our bats should be ok, but the pitching is a concern. With the games back to back as they are scheduled it will be tough to get through the season with one pitcher.
Old 01-25-13, 02:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit10 View Post
Edgewood lost 3 this past year. The SS, CF, and 2nd pitcher. We did have a little SS come in as a Freshman but yet to see what she can do on dirt. Our bats should be ok, but the pitching is a concern. With the games back to back as they are scheduled it will be tough to get through the season with one pitcher.

Ride that horse!!! You only play once a day for the most part. I'd avoid double headers with her, but throwing her in a large majority of the game, especially the big ones, and she'll be fine. She's a tough one.
Old 01-26-13, 10:19 AM
All Ohio

Not entirely true. 3 other pitchers threw against Lakota East when they faced Oak Hills the second time. I think he is saying they really have nobody else.
Old 01-26-13, 11:29 AM
Varsity

Our high school team usually relies on either 2 or 3 pitchers during most of the season then settles on the number 1 pitcher for the playoffs. However, I do agree that many teams have a #1 horse. I guess it comes down to what you have in a particular year. In the GMC, it seems like East, West, Colerain, Fairfield, and OH all have a "#1 pitcher" returning with others available who may/will see some action.
Old 01-26-13, 11:57 AM
All Ohio

Lol not sure where the tone comes from.. edgeoo said it would be tough with
One pitcher and you said oak hills did fine with one. But if any injury were to occur oak hills did have other girls. He was saying that Edgewood does not.