Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Volleyball

Notices

Old 11-05-12, 09:58 PM
All American

Darksider_99 is on a distinguished road
Division 1 Final Four

2012 Division 1 Final Four

11/08 4:00 PM @ Wright State Univ

#6 Cincinnati Ursuline (21 - 6) vs #2 Toledo St. Ursula (26-1)

11/08 6:00 PM @ Wright State Univ

#3 Jackson (27-1) vs Chagrin Falls Kenston (20 - 7)

And then there were four. How do you feel about your teams chances?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-12, 08:57 AM
All Region

Lynch Mob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider_99 View Post
2012 Division 1 Final Four

11/08 4:00 PM @ Wright State Univ

#6 Cincinnati Ursuline (21 - 6) vs #2 Toledo St. Ursula (26-1)

11/08 6:00 PM @ Wright State Univ

#3 Jackson (27-1) vs Chagrin Falls Kenston (20 - 7)

And then there were four. How do you feel about your teams chances?
Compared to how the postseason and regular season have differed...TSUA will definitely win. Just look at the regionals in SWO. Reg. Season...MND sweeps Lakota East, Postseason...LE Wins. Reg. Season...LE defeats UA, postseason...UA beats LE. Therefore, Reg. Season...UA defeats TSUA, Postseason....
Old 11-06-12, 08:57 AM
Freshman

axiom is on a distinguished road
I think both semifinal matches will be battles.

Cincy Ursuline's MB (Fry) is a gamechanger...so if they can stay in system and get her the ball she will give TSUA matchup problems. Burnham from TSUA will probably take 50 swings...will be curious to see how they defend her. She will get her kills but if they keep her in check TSUA's lefty will have to produce.

Jackson/Kenston matchup is pretty similar to the above. If Jackson stays in system and gets Hill the ball I like their chances. I give their offense an edge. Kenston's Kosiorek is going to take a ton of swings and has a nice serve. Kenston's D/SR get the edge here. Both teams are well coached. Kenston's schedule may have them a bit more prepared.

If these matches go as I anticipate (long rallies, lots of OOS swings, setters not forcing) I like the teams with big, go-to OH's.
Old 11-06-12, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

NPVB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
Jackson/Kenston matchup is pretty similar to the above. If Jackson stays in system and gets Hill the ball I like their chances. I give their offense an edge. Kenston's Kosiorek is going to take a ton of swings and has a nice serve. Kenston's D/SR get the edge here. Both teams are well coached. Kenston's schedule may have them a bit more prepared.

If these matches go as I anticipate (long rallies, lots of OOS swings, setters not forcing) I like the teams with big, go-to OH's.
Good analysis. Jackson has an edge in setting and in the middle. Kenston's D and SR are stronger. While both teams are well coached, Jackson's coach has much more experience coaching in the Final Four. That may swing the match in their favor.

The players are familiar with each other. There won't be many surprises from that standpoint. This will be a fine match.
Old 11-08-12, 06:58 AM
Freshman

Little Bear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPVB View Post
Good analysis. Jackson has an edge in setting and in the middle. Kenston's D and SR are stronger. While both teams are well coached, Jackson's coach has much more experience coaching in the Final Four. That may swing the match in their favor.

The players are familiar with each other. There won't be many surprises from that standpoint. This will be a fine match.
Jackson Volleyball, Go for the GOLD, Stay strong and DREAM. Take great pride in all you have done, do not be happy just to be at State, finish your quest one game/match at a time! Go Bears!
Old 11-08-12, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Go Jackson!
Old 11-08-12, 04:40 PM
Varsity

Hoopmom is on a distinguished road
Great vball

Jackson vs Kenston will be a great match up. Would love to see this game -if it was only in Columbus! Anyone know why it is held @ Wright State? Not really central location for most of the state.
Old 11-08-12, 06:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopmom View Post
Jackson vs Kenston will be a great match up. Would love to see this game -if it was only in Columbus! Anyone know why it is held @ Wright State? Not really central location for most of the state.
Why is football always held in Canton? Not central either. Ohio State probably didn't agree with someone who ran the volleyball for OHSAA so they didn't use their facilities.
Old 11-08-12, 07:19 PM
All District

PurpleGold is on a distinguished road
BEARS WIN the first two games tonight. One more to go and they are in the State Championship! LETS GO BEARS!
Old 11-08-12, 08:03 PM
All District

PurpleGold is on a distinguished road
Talking

BEARS WIN in 4 games. On to State Championship against Cincinnati on Saturday!! GO BEARS!
Old 11-08-12, 08:24 PM
All American

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE IN PURPLE & GOLD!!! Go Bears!!! 1 more for it all and we know you can do it.
Old 11-08-12, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Congrats Lady Bears!
Old 11-08-12, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch Mob View Post
Why is football always held in Canton? Not central either. Ohio State probably didn't agree with someone who ran the volleyball for OHSAA so they didn't use their facilities.

Canton is FAR more central than Dayton.... but you don't see NEO VB fans whining incessantly about the drive (pretty sure the above complaint was the first )... we leave that to the SWO FB fans
Old 11-08-12, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Secondly, and more importantly, WTG BEARS ... gotta love a local team doing so well on the state level and Coach Walck (sp?) and the kids are class acts. Bring it home Saturday
Old 11-08-12, 11:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Canton is FAR more central than Dayton.... but you don't see NEO VB fans whining incessantly about the drive (pretty sure the above complaint was the first )... we leave that to the SWO FB fans
Trust me, I do not give a lick about the fact that football is in Canton. I was just throwing out the comparison. I went to a high school that won 5 football games when I went there and has been to the playoffs 1 time in the last 32 years.

And to compare...Wright State is 66 miles from the Ohio State campus. The NFL Hall of Fame in Canton is 129 miles. Which one is more central?
Old 11-09-12, 07:45 AM
All Region

me1
football in canton ... softball in akron ... volleyball in dayton. They spread things around the state. Nutter Center is a great place to watch volleyball.
Old 11-09-12, 08:21 AM
All District

It's all good is on a distinguished road
Huge game tomorrow, in a great setting. 2 great teams, 2 great coaches...Go Lady Polar Bears !!!

Play hard, have fun. And WIN !
Old 11-09-12, 08:28 AM
Cooling Off

hof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch Mob View Post
Trust me, I do not give a lick about the fact that football is in Canton. I was just throwing out the comparison. I went to a high school that won 5 football games when I went there and has been to the playoffs 1 time in the last 32 years.

And to compare...Wright State is 66 miles from the Ohio State campus. The NFL Hall of Fame in Canton is 129 miles. Which one is more central?
it has a little more to do with the venues and their capacities---Canton has a football stadium that holds Over 20,000 and Massillon ahs one that holds approx 18,0000 when full --- it is the perfect set up to host all 6 divisional football games --- the only other place to hold it will be in Columbus as it was int he past and will be from time to time in the future --- you can hold the volleyball finals anywhere ---size does not matter
Old 11-09-12, 02:53 PM
All District

Hoopsfan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's all good View Post
Huge game tomorrow, in a great setting. 2 great teams, 2 great coaches...Go Lady Polar Bears !!!

Play hard, have fun. And WIN !
Someone post a score when you have one!
Old 11-10-12, 03:28 PM
All Ohio

PBruin13 is on a distinguished road
Ursuline sweeps, 25-20, 25-16, 25-10 for D1 State Title. Congrats Lions
Old 11-10-12, 04:06 PM
All American

Streak is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Jackson on a great season! way to Rep the Fed!
Old 11-10-12, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
WTG Bears.. no shame in losing in the final. A great run to end a dream season
Old 11-11-12, 07:47 AM
All American

ccrunner4815
Congrats to Jackson on a fine season!

Jackson volleyball loses in title match

Jackson State Final Volleyball FAIRBORN — Stephanie Fry showed Saturday why she is the only junior on the Division I All-Ohio volleyball team.

The rest of the Cincinnati Ursuline Academy team showed Jackson why it is Ohio’s best team in 2012.

The Lions’ Fry, Paige Kebe and Lauren Wilkins — all 6-foot-1 or taller — came out swinging, and the Polar Bears had no answer for their hitting, blocking and defense in a 25-20, 25-16, 25-10 victory in the Division I state finals at Wright State University’s Ervin J. Nutter Center.

Jackson’s first state appearance didn’t end the way it wanted. But the Polar Bears had nothing to be ashamed of in losing to Ursuline, which won its fifth state title and fourth under head coach Jenny Case.

Last edited by ccrunner4815; 11-11-12 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: To Long
Old 11-11-12, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Not supposed to post full articles, never mind one and a half full articles
Old 11-11-12, 04:34 PM
All American

Congrats to Cincinnati Ursuline Academy on winning and I could not be prouder of Jackson for what you Ladies did this season.
Old 11-11-12, 11:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner4815 View Post
Jackson volleyball loses in title match

Jackson State Final Volleyball FAIRBORN — Stephanie Fry showed Saturday why she is the only junior on the Division I All-Ohio volleyball team.

The rest of the Cincinnati Ursuline Academy team showed Jackson why it is Ohio’s best team in 2012.

The Lions’ Fry, Paige Kebe and Lauren Wilkins — all 6-foot-1 or taller — came out swinging, and the Polar Bears had no answer for their hitting, blocking and defense in a 25-20, 25-16, 25-10 victory in the Division I state finals at Wright State University’s Ervin J. Nutter Center.

Jackson’s first state appearance didn’t end the way it wanted. But the Polar Bears had nothing to be ashamed of in losing to Ursuline, which won its fifth state title and fourth under head coach Jenny Case.
Funny last line...yes, JENI Case has won 4 state championships but only 2 have come as coach of the Lions. Her other 2 were as a PLAYER at Seton in the 80s. Good journalism
Old 11-12-12, 08:00 AM
All District

It's all good is on a distinguished road
Great year for all !!! proud of the Bears, great support, great girls, great Coach.

Hats off to Ursuline, and all state Champions !

see you all in August !
Old 11-12-12, 05:11 PM
Cooling Off

hof is on a distinguished road
they need to seperate the privates from ther publics --not fair in any sport for the state tuornament ----
Old 11-13-12, 11:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof View Post
they need to seperate the privates from ther publics --not fair in any sport for the state tuornament ----
Don't start on this again. And look at soccer...where were the privates in Div I? I don't know who all the privates are but as far as I know, there were only 2 in the last 16. So it doesn't go for any sport.