Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 09-23-12, 07:58 PM
330hoops 330hoops is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-09-12
Posts: 38
330hoops is on a distinguished road
STVM's VJ King offered by Ohio State

VJ King was offered by Ohio State today!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-23-12, 08:01 PM
Wildcatbrutus5 Wildcatbrutus5 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-19-12
Posts: 219
Wildcatbrutus5 is on a distinguished road
not a shocker, top 5 player nationally in his class
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-12, 08:06 PM
PaidTalentEvaluator PaidTalentEvaluator is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-18-11
Posts: 923
PaidTalentEvaluator is on a distinguished road
Great job Thad... Maybe Osu Gould hire dru as their number one recruiter... He always gets the players
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-12, 08:23 PM
Wildcatbrutus5 Wildcatbrutus5 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 09-19-12
Posts: 219
Wildcatbrutus5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTalentEvaluator View Post
Great job Thad... Maybe Osu Gould hire dru as their number one recruiter... He always gets the players


LOL that would never happen
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-12, 05:18 PM
The Eaze The Eaze is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-03-09
Posts: 1,057
The Eaze is on a distinguished road
O-h
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-12, 08:17 PM
Look Ma No Hands Look Ma No Hands is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 534
Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eaze View Post
O-h
R-B-E-R-T-O-N
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-12, 08:31 PM
StarstoShine StarstoShine is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-07-03
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,035
StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
2012-13 STVM SCHEDULE

Sat 12/1 De LaSalle (IL) Chicago TBA
Tue 12/4 Cleveland Central Catholic CCC 7:30pm
Sat 12/8 Seton Academy (IL) Struthers 8:30pm
Tue 12/11 Archbishop Hoban STVM 7:30pm
Fri 12/14 St. Edward STVM 7:30pm
Sat 12/22 Lexington Lafayette (KY) Canton Fieldhouse TBA
Thu 12/27 Dunbar Berlin Hiland TBA
Fri 12/28 Benedictine STVM 7:30pm
Fri 1/4 Firestone Firestone 7:30pm
Sun 1/6 St. Ignatius Baldwin Wallace TBA
Tue 1/8 Lake Catholic STVM 7:30pm
Sat 1/12 Marion-Franklin Columbus 7:00pm
Sat 1/19 Thurgood Marshall STVM 7:00pm
Sun 1/20 Houston HCYA (TX) Dayton TBA
Tue 1/29 Brush Brush 7:30pm
Sat 2/2 Buchtel STVM 7:30pm
Thu 2/7 VASJ VASJ 7:30pm
Sat 2/9 Mansfield Senior STVM 7:30pm
Tue 2/12 Walsh Jesuit Walsh 7:30pm
Sat 2/16 Ursuline Ursuline 7:00pm
Tue 2/19 Hoover STVM 7:30pm
Fri 2/22 Canton McKinley STVM 7:30pm
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-12, 10:38 PM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
2012-13 STVM SCHEDULE

Sat 12/1 De LaSalle (IL) Chicago TBA
Tue 12/4 Cleveland Central Catholic CCC 7:30pm
Sat 12/8 Seton Academy (IL) Struthers 8:30pm
Tue 12/11 Archbishop Hoban STVM 7:30pm
Fri 12/14 St. Edward STVM 7:30pm
Sat 12/22 Lexington Lafayette (KY) Canton Fieldhouse TBA
Thu 12/27 Dunbar Berlin Hiland TBA
Fri 12/28 Benedictine STVM 7:30pm
Fri 1/4 Firestone Firestone 7:30pm
Sun 1/6 St. Ignatius Baldwin Wallace TBA
Tue 1/8 Lake Catholic STVM 7:30pm
Sat 1/12 Marion-Franklin Columbus 7:00pm
Sat 1/19 Thurgood Marshall STVM 7:00pm
Sun 1/20 Houston HCYA (TX) Dayton TBA
Tue 1/29 Brush Brush 7:30pm
Sat 2/2 Buchtel STVM 7:30pm
Thu 2/7 VASJ VASJ 7:30pm
Sat 2/9 Mansfield Senior STVM 7:30pm
Tue 2/12 Walsh Jesuit Walsh 7:30pm
Sat 2/16 Ursuline Ursuline 7:00pm
Tue 2/19 Hoover STVM 7:30pm
Fri 2/22 Canton McKinley STVM 7:30pm
De La Salle has two players ranked among the top 25 seniors in the state of Illinois according to ESPNU. 6'4" guard Alvin Ellis (#9) has committed to Minnesota and 6'8" forward Justin Earls (#22) is a 2-star recruit.

Seton Academy features the state's #11 prospect in 6'8" forward Alex Foster, who actually transferred there from De La Salle.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-12, 10:41 PM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Speaking of offers, former SVSM big man Satchel Pierce (Kiski Prep/2014) has reportedly been offered by Miami (OH) and Ohio State and Georgetown will be stopping by to see him this week. How did this kid not getting more court time at SVSM?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-12, 03:47 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 1,866
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
Speaking of offers, former SVSM big man Satchel Pierce (Kiski Prep/2014) has reportedly been offered by Miami (OH) and Ohio State and Georgetown will be stopping by to see him this week. How did this kid not getting more court time at SVSM?
The few times I saw him play, he was slow, and didn't have soft hands.

The fact he is repeating junior year indicates basketball wasn't the #1 problem he had at SVSM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-27-12, 06:58 AM
coachablekid coachablekid is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-12
Posts: 230
coachablekid is on a distinguished road
They have one hec of a schedule. Im glad they are playing somebody from columbus. Are they pick to win the state?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-27-12, 08:07 AM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
The few times I saw him play, he was slow, and didn't have soft hands.

The fact he is repeating junior year indicates basketball wasn't the #1 problem he had at SVSM.
The fact that he is the second basketball player to leave SVSM's program following his junior season only to spend 2 years at a prep school makes the argument by Irish supporters that kids choose to attend the school for academic reasons seem rather weak.I am not degrading the fine education that the school provides, but let's call it how it is. In some cases, such as Jakarr Sampson, the decision to attend SVSM seems all basketball-based.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-27-12, 08:18 AM
BF Pride BF Pride is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-11-09
Posts: 2,462
BF Pride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
The fact that he is the second basketball player to leave SVSM's program following his junior season only to spend 2 years at a prep school makes the argument by Irish supporters that kids choose to attend the school for academic reasons seem rather weak.I am not degrading the fine education that the school provides, but let's call it how it is. In some cases, such as Jakarr Sampson, the decision to attend SVSM seems all basketball-based.
So you are saying VJ is attending STV based on basketball only? Say it isn't so!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-12, 08:21 AM
magicfan magicfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-07-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 871
magicfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
The fact that he is the second basketball player to leave SVSM's program following his junior season only to spend 2 years at a prep school makes the argument by Irish supporters that kids choose to attend the school for academic reasons seem rather weak.I am not degrading the fine education that the school provides, but let's call it how it is. In some cases, such as Jakarr Sampson, the decision to attend SVSM seems all basketball-based.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-12, 09:06 AM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
The fact that he is the second basketball player to leave SVSM's program following his junior season only to spend 2 years at a prep school makes the argument by Irish supporters that kids choose to attend the school for academic reasons seem rather weak.I am not degrading the fine education that the school provides, but let's call it how it is. In some cases, such as Jakarr Sampson, the decision to attend SVSM seems all basketball-based.
Don't think any St VM supporter ever said kids do not choose St VM for athletics only, ever. What we do say is, if you do choose St VM for athletics only, and every person has their own reasons, then you will also recieve a top notch education as well.

Put your own spin on things however you want, but until you realize that people have choices in life, you will continue to try and .

Here we go again.....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-27-12, 09:58 AM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Pride View Post
So you are saying VJ is attending STV based on basketball only? Say it isn't so!
Not at all. I was referring to the two young men who needed to attend prep school after SVSM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-27-12, 10:01 AM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish87 View Post
Don't think any St VM supporter ever said kids do not choose St VM for athletics only, ever. What we do say is, if you do choose St VM for athletics only, and every person has their own reasons, then you will also recieve a top notch education as well.

Put your own spin on things however you want, but until you realize that people have choices in life, you will continue to try and .

Here we go again.....
That may be what you say, but that is not the way other supporters of the program try to rationalize it. The part about choices doesn't even make sense. I'm not denying that we all have choices or even saying that parents shouldn't choose a school based on athletics. What I'm saying is that we should be honest about the motives that lead to our choices.

As evidenced by Sampson and Pierce, students are partially responsible for the quality of education they receive.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-27-12, 10:03 AM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
Not at all, although it certainly seems as if basketball played a large role in enrollment since he has a sister that was going to enroll at Copley according to an article back in the Spring.
Large role, more than likely yes, the only factor, I'm betting not. Guess we'll never know unless we hear it from Mr King himself.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-27-12, 10:08 AM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
That may be what you say, but that is not the way other supporters of the program try to rationalize it. The part about choices doesn't even make sense. I'm not denying that we all have choices or even saying that parents shouldn't choose a school based on athletics. What I'm saying is that we should be honest about the motives that lead to our choices.

As evidenced by Sampson and Pierce, students are partially responsible for the quality of education they receive.
Any rational human being, would look at all aspects of choosing where to live or where to send their child to school. My guess is, basketball, logistics, tuition, safety, academics, etc were all discussed/considered amoung the family when the decision was made. Was basketball a large part of it, probably yes, but all of it, probably not but none of us were at the kitchen table when they made their decision.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-27-12, 10:25 AM
hs sports fan hs sports fan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Posts: 7,582
hs sports fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish87 View Post
Any rational human being, would look at all aspects of choosing where to live or where to send their child to school. My guess is, basketball, logistics, tuition, safety, academics, etc were all discussed/considered amoung the family when the decision was made. Was basketball a large part of it, probably yes, but all of it, probably not but none of us were at the kitchen table when they made their decision.
I agree, but in how many of those aspects does SVSM have a distinct advantage over Copley? How many of those aspects differ from those that would have been considered when selecting a school for his sister?

This is a perfect example of what I meant by trying to rationalize the decisions of some the players on the basketball team to attend SVSM. You may feel you receive a highe quality education, but the rest of us aren't stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-27-12, 10:32 AM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs sports fan View Post
I agree, but in how many of those aspects does SVSM have a distinct advantage over Copley? How many of those aspects differ from those that would have been considered when selecting a school for his sister?

This is a perfect example of what I meant by trying to rationalize the decisions of some the players on the basketball team to attend SVSM. You may feel you receive a highe quality education, but the rest of us aren't stupid.
Again, twisting of words. Nobody has called anybody stupid for attending a school other than St VM. We simply defend the school and its academics.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-29-12, 08:05 PM
330hoops 330hoops is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-09-12
Posts: 38
330hoops is on a distinguished road
If I recall correctly, VJ has a younger sister. If he's a freshman, she's in middle school. We will not know what hs school the parents will choose for her until she's old enough to attend.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.