Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 04-15-12, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Hammer Blue Chip Showcase 2012

Any surprises?

Locally, TFA U-17 draws with the Internationals. Kings U-15 win over Internationals. Javanon U-16 ,No. 1 ranked team in Kentucky gets beat 8-0? And what about those GOTSOCCER rankings?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/D...?EventID=21240
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-12, 10:37 AM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Any surprises?

Locally, TFA U-17 draws with the Internationals. Kings U-15 win over Internationals. Javanon U-16 ,No. 1 ranked team in Kentucky gets beat 8-0? And what about those GOTSOCCER rankings?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/D...?EventID=21240

We played Javanon yesterday and they just got moved up to the premiere bracket of MRL and it will be a long year for them.

Fields in Oxford were in flat out awesome shape!
Old 04-17-12, 08:09 PM
Varsity

justsomeone is on a distinguished road
nice tournament

Despite Saturday's weather it was a nice tournament. Well run.

Lots of college coaches registered from a wide spectrum of schools and it was not an ECNL event:

http://events.gotsport.com/%28S%28hu...?EventID=21240
Old 04-18-12, 08:27 AM
All American

cincyeaglefan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeone View Post
Despite Saturday's weather it was a nice tournament. Well run.

Lots of college coaches registered from a wide spectrum of schools and it was not an ECNL event:

http://events.gotsport.com/%28S%28hu...?EventID=21240
not sure why you even bring up ECNL? lol
Old 04-19-12, 07:42 AM
Varsity

justsomeone is on a distinguished road
good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
not sure why you even bring up ECNL? lol
Actually, I really wasn't trying to stir the pot but more of an observation. I think over the past couple years with all the discussion around ECNL, concerns by others, etc. I think what I saw were two sides of a coin.

On one side, for those that are part of non-ECNL club teams they can relax as to whether or not ECNL events are going to dominate the college recruiting process. Don't give ECNL folks a hard time. With well run tournaments like the Blue Chip many schools are going to still show up. ECNL teams can and will do their own thing. That's ok.

On the flip side, if you are part of ECNL, this was a good tournament that was missed out on. And there are many tournaments all over that are like the Blue Chip. In the case if you just happen to be a local ECNL team, you missed out on a possible cost savings measure by not having to travel and still have good competition.

My point simply is that colleges still see that there is talent to be found regardless of the event or shall I say what side of the coin you are on.
Old 04-20-12, 07:45 AM
All American

cincyeaglefan is on a distinguished road
Well said.

I do wonder how many coaches show up to the "major" ECNL events as opposed to the ones that are just hosted by one club and have maybe two-three clubs in a weekend show up.
Old 04-20-12, 09:29 AM
All District

notsoyappy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
Well said.

I do wonder how many coaches show up to the "major" ECNL events as opposed to the ones that are just hosted by one club and have maybe two-three clubs in a weekend show up.
This is just a guess since my kid’s not in ECNL, but I assume they would get a few coaches out at each event regardless of the number of clubs. A handful of coaches usually (or at least used to) showed up at MRL event weekends that were not affiliated with any showcase tourney—among them BCS coaches-- I remember seeing FSU and Penn St. at several of our U16 games two years ago in Cleveland. Even at a solo game on a weeknight I’ve seen the ISU, U.D. and UAB coaches.
Old 04-25-12, 06:37 AM
Junior Varsity

futbolfan1 is on a distinguished road
My daughter plays for an ECNL team. At ECNL showcase events we get around 150 coaches but for the weekend events we get anywhere from 2-6. Around here we see a lot of UC, UD and Miami. Not much from Xavier though.
Old 04-28-12, 06:57 AM
Freshman

caps is on a distinguished road
You shouldn't see too many during a weeknight considering that recruiters are only allowed 7 evaluations. I'm sure some differ on what is considered an evaluation
Old 04-29-12, 07:15 AM
All World

noonereal is on a distinguished road
In my experience coaches are at every level event during the U16 and U17 years.

They all know where they feed.

There are plenty of schools where you can play soccer and even get money for doing so.

OH has 13 D1 programs and a ton of talent. Only CA and TX regularly send more kids to play at the next level.

Yes, the ECNL is the top of the recruiting chain but there are lots of opportunities.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: