Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football Recruiting

Notices

Old 03-12-12, 03:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant87 View Post
I am NOT off base. Coach Meyer stated several times he isn't interested in the red shirting way of things. You are good enough to compete or you are not. By September tOSU will know how Jones is doing and would have had camp to see who they like or don't. Teams only travel with 3 scholarship QB. tOSU will take 1 and at most 2. Barrett has an OFFER others have offers. One is a committable offer and one is "we are interested" offer.

Trubisky passer but mobility questions. Zaire mobile but passing questions. Chapman seem to do both ok but can he do it against elite competition? tOSU wants to see kids at camp or Friday Night Lights (late July??). Limited spots means tOSU is going to be selective. This goes for several spot not just QB.

edit: class will be 20 or so.
I have seen Trubisky play 4 times last year, twice in person and twice on tv. I also saw him play as a soph once. He definitely does not have mobility issues. He also looked very powerful when he runs. As far as funky delivery on passing, I did not see that at all. When he rolled left and threw, he did deliver side arm, but to hit the open receiver it was needed. I saw Zaire once on tv, and did not get a sense of him one way or the other. The Alter offense was a under center option attack. The few passes he did throw were pre-determined, as he did not have to make a read. So as of right now, Trubisky is far ahead in development for a college passing attack. Can Zaire develop and be better than Trubisky? Absolutely. But the clear advantage right now is Trubisky.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-12, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

I'm hoping OSU gets Trubisky. He and Tyrone Swoopes from Texas are the two QBs I want for this class.
Old 03-12-12, 05:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC4 View Post
I am NOT off base. Coach Meyer stated several
times he isn't interested in the red shirting way of things.

Actions speak louder then words

You are good enough to compete or you are not. By September tOSU will know how Jones is doing and would have had camp to see who they like or don't. Teams only travel with 3 scholarship QB. tOSU will take 1 and at most 2. Barrett has an OFFER others have offers. One is a committable offer and one is "we are interested" offer.

Trubisky, Bailey and Barrett all have "Committable offers" per Buckeyeplanet, and Bill Greene at scout.

Trubisky passer but mobility questions.

Huh? since when? kid runs a 4.6 and does'nt look like he has mobility issues to me, you must just assume that because he's white.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwJ-JLYk1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7_o5CGlpk

Zaire mobile but passing questions. Chapman seem to do both ok but can he do it against elite competition? tOSU wants to see kids at camp or Friday Night Lights (late July??). Limited spots means tOSU is going to be selective. This goes for several spot not just QB.

Just because you run good 40 doesn't mean you can throw on the run. Mitch does throw int's when rattled. On the move is when Mitch throws his INT's.

Zaire plays in run dominate offense at Alter.

Greene likes Chapman a bunch!

I like Bailey but don't really hear about him much. imo. If Bailey shows up to camp it becomes an OFFER just because. If he is interested enough to show up, he is interested.

Bill is one of many who say that Staff want to see kids in camp. Barrett is the ONLY QB I have heard with an OFFER. With NO more than 2 QB being taken....tOSU is being picky. Miller being a SO tOSU isn't desperate, imo.

You show little class bringing race into this. VERY LITTLE.

Last edited by grant87; 03-14-12 at 08:49 PM..
Old 03-15-12, 12:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I am NOT off base. Coach Meyer stated several times he isn't interested in the red shirting way of things. You are good enough to compete or you are not. By September tOSU will know how Jones is doing and would have had camp to see who they like or don't. Teams only travel with 3 scholarship QB. tOSU will take 1 and at most 2. Barrett has an OFFER others have offers. One is a committable offer and one is "we are interested" offer.

Trubisky passer but mobility questions. Zaire mobile but passing questions. Chapman seem to do both ok but can he do it against elite competition? tOSU wants to see kids at camp or Friday Night Lights (late July??). Limited spots means tOSU is going to be selective. This goes for several spot not just QB.

Every team in the country redshirts. He may have said it but he's still going to do it. I think he just said it because it's a new team, and he want to evaluate everyone, and doesn't want people coming in being lazy because they know they are going to redshirt.

And AC4 we all know white kids can run just as fast as anyone else.
Old 03-15-12, 02:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStateKnight View Post
Every team in the country redshirts. He may have said it but he's still going to do it. I think he just said it because it's a new team, and he want to evaluate everyone, and doesn't want people coming in being lazy because they know they are going to redshirt.

And AC4 we all know white kids can run just as fast as anyone else.
Didn't say Meyer wouldn't red shirt. He just stated he isn't interested in it. I think he says as such to get everyone's' best effort!

If Jones doesn't see game time then it would be foolish not to red shirt him. Saying that, several of Meyer's recruits going forward maybe 3 and out so red shirting just waste a year. imo.
Old 03-27-12, 12:51 AM
All Yappi

Malik Zaire committed to Notre Dame over the weekend.
Old 03-27-12, 11:32 PM
All Ohio

For anybody who may not know you can always go to www.elevenwarriors.com for recruiting updates on the buckeyes, and anything assocaited with OSU is discussed there. It is very up to date, and the writers interview players who have Buckeye offers or potential offers.
Old 03-28-12, 12:33 AM
All Yappi

Elevenwarriors is a great site. Read it pretty much daily.
Old 04-01-12, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

No. 9 RB in the country according to Scout.com Ezekiel Elliot has committed to Ohio State.
Old 04-01-12, 03:42 PM
All World

Old 04-02-12, 12:04 AM
All World

Toledo (OH) Central Catholic Safety Jayme Thompson has de-committed from West Virginia and committed to Ohio State.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1173493.html
Old 04-05-12, 12:29 AM
All World

No clue what OSU's chances are with this kid (they seem to be a bit late in offering), but it's nice to see Urban is still aggressively looking to add playmakers. Quick has speed to kill.

https://twitter.com/#%21/SWiltfong247

Quote:
Steve Wiltfong ‏ @SWiltfong247
Touted WR James Quick has visits planned to Ohio State and Louisville. http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Artic...-Planned-68615 via @247Sports #Buckeyes #Cardinals
Old 04-05-12, 11:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
No clue what OSU's chances are with this kid (they seem to be a bit late in offering), but it's nice to see Urban is still aggressively looking to add playmakers. Quick has speed to kill.

https://twitter.com/#%21/SWiltfong247

Nice highlight, thanks. Still want Foster and Gibson more.
Old 04-05-12, 11:28 AM
Cooling Off

I would not mind having Quick. That guy could have beat Elder by himself.
Old 04-05-12, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nice highlight, thanks. Still want Foster and Gibson more.
I'd rather have Foster and Quick.
Old 04-05-12, 03:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H-I-O12 View Post
I'd rather have Foster and Quick.
Quick is Bigger than Gibson but Gibson is on the verge of becoming a nationally elite HS track athlete.
Old 04-05-12, 04:53 PM
Yappi Supporter

If someone wants to startup a 2014 recruiting thread, I'd be happy to move this over to that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ensive-lineman

Quote:
Ohio State Football Recruiting: Buckeyes Make Offer to Class of 2014 O-Lineman

St. Louis (MO) offensive tackle Andy Bauer of DeSmet Jesuit High School, took a visit to Columbus last weekend where he met Urban Meyer and some of the Ohio State coaching staff.

It was Saturday afternoon when Meyer decided to get a head start on the recruiting class of 2014, offering Bauer a scholarship point blank in his office.

Although he did not commit, the 6'5", 290-pounder expressed his gratitude and excitement via Eleven Warriors:

"I loved everything about Ohio State," said Bauer. "I was really happy and excited to get an offer."

Not only is ability to play both tackle and guard appealing, but his grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 makes him all the more alluring.

Bauer, just a high school sophomore, has gained interest from numerous Division-1A programs.

He currently holds offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Miami (FL), Missouri, Michigan, Notre Dame and now Ohio State.

Running back Ezekiel Elliott—who verbally committed to the Buckeyes on Monday—is from the same hometown as Bauer, and Meyer stated that he will be attempting to recruit him as well.
Old 04-05-12, 08:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I am NOT off base. Coach Meyer stated several
times he isn't interested in the red shirting way of things.

Actions speak louder then words

You are good enough to compete or you are not. By September tOSU will know how Jones is doing and would have had camp to see who they like or don't. Teams only travel with 3 scholarship QB. tOSU will take 1 and at most 2. Barrett has an OFFER others have offers. One is a committable offer and one is "we are interested" offer.

Trubisky, Bailey and Barrett all have "Committable offers" per Buckeyeplanet, and Bill Greene at scout.

Trubisky passer but mobility questions.

Huh? since when? kid runs a 4.6 and does'nt look like he has mobility issues to me, you must just assume that because he's white.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwJ-JLYk1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7_o5CGlpk

Zaire mobile but passing questions. Chapman seem to do both ok but can he do it against elite competition? tOSU wants to see kids at camp or Friday Night Lights (late July??). Limited spots means tOSU is going to be selective. This goes for several spot not just QB.

Just because you run good 40 doesn't mean you can throw on the run. Mitch does throw int's when rattled. On the move is when Mitch throws his INT's.

Zaire plays in run dominate offense at Alter.

Greene likes Chapman a bunch!

I like Bailey but don't really hear about him much. imo. If Bailey shows up to camp it becomes an OFFER just because. If he is interested enough to show up, he is interested.

Bill is one of many who say that Staff want to see kids in camp. Barrett is the ONLY QB I have heard with an OFFER. With NO more than 2 QB being taken....tOSU is being picky. Miller being a SO tOSU isn't desperate, imo.

You show little class bringing race into this. VERY LITTLE.
no no its ok we get it you HATE white quarter backs and think they are all Peyton Manning statue type QBs

im your world a white QB could NEVER be better then some black kid
Old 04-10-12, 07:30 PM
All World

Riverside (CA) North TE Marcus Baugh has committed to Ohio State.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...2f1176033.html

Old 04-11-12, 09:21 AM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:

Here's the Dispatch article on this commitment.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/s...tight-end.html
Old 04-11-12, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC4 View Post
no no its ok we get it you HATE white quarter backs and think they are all Peyton Manning statue type QBs

im your world a white QB could NEVER be better then some black kid
"You show little class bringing race into this. VERY LITTLE."-Grant87

you just proved my point!

fwiw the 3 deep at tOSU is all black. Miller-KG-Jones I like them all. Is it ok to 'hate" Bauserman or Todd B" because of their performances and not their color.

As a Buckeye fan I want the kid who is best for the spot. Talent, work ethic, character and academic are all equally important. If you are offered by tOSU I think you are good. IF you are OFFERED by tOSU you have to be better than good.
Old 04-11-12, 11:30 AM
All Region

Quote:

What a awesome surprise! Welcome to the Buckeye family, Marcus!
Old 04-11-12, 11:34 AM
Yappi Supporter

I have no idea of what the Buckeyes' chances are with some of the LBers they're pursuing right now, but they should also take a look at this kid from Quince Orchard on the Maryland side of suburban DC. He just got an offer from Oklahoma, and he has quite the nose for the ball.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...IX6S_blog.html

He probably needs another 10-15 pounds on his frame, but boy, he knows how to get to the ball in a hurry.
Old 04-14-12, 02:00 AM
All Yappi

Joey Bosa absolutely loved his visit this passed weekend and even tweeted that he is visiting "That School Up North" this weekend. If they land this kid then this defensive line the next few years could be something very scary.
Old 04-14-12, 01:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
I have no idea of what the Buckeyes' chances are with some of the LBers they're pursuing right now, but they should also take a look at this kid from Quince Orchard on the Maryland side of suburban DC. He just got an offer from Oklahoma, and he has quite the nose for the ball.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...IX6S_blog.html

He probably needs another 10-15 pounds on his frame, but boy, he knows how to get to the ball in a hurry.
He's good but there are a lot of LBers out there as good or better more deserving of an OSU offer.
Old 04-14-12, 01:43 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H-I-O12 View Post
Joey Bosa absolutely loved his visit this passed weekend and even tweeted that he is visiting "That School Up North" this weekend. If they land this kid then this defensive line the next few years could be something very scary.
Bosa would be an awesome get as a SSDE or DT
Old 04-15-12, 12:38 AM
Moderated User

Bosa sounds sign,sealed and delievered to Ohio St. Bringing his parents with him to the spring game, maybe to make it offical. on the other side of Recruiting Ohio St seems to be falling down JT Barretts list and is rumored to be 3rd behind LSU and Baylor after rumored to be leading for him.
Old 04-15-12, 11:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingfor7crusader View Post
Bosa would be an awesome get as a SSDE or DT
Hoping Bosa and Anzalone both return for the spring game!
Old 04-15-12, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Bosa has been saying how much he loved a visit right after all so far. My guess is he goes SEC.
Old 04-16-12, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUBrutus View Post
Bosa comming back up to the Spring game with the familly, supposed to stay all weekend not just saturday (comming friday leaving sunday night) canceled 2 other future visits he had planned (the guy from scout who i know didnt tell me what school). Bosa sounds like he's just about signed sealed and delievered to Ohio St.
Just heard the same thing, maybe he really did like the visit

tOSU is looking to pick up Bosa and Anzalone during the spring game.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: