Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football Recruiting

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-12, 12:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...-with-alabama/

Pretty standard practice at Bama, LSU, and other places south of the mason dixon. What amazes me is that kids continue to buy into it year after year.
There are so many things wrong with this article. 1) The kid was Alabama's 7th recruit and Saban is trying to convince him he is the 26th. 2) The kid claims that 'Bama is going to find him a job in the meantime, which I would think would have to be a violation as the kid wouldn't be enrolled at Alabama yet. 3) Despite lying to the kid about his place in the class, Saban signed a form that has about the same binding power as a pinky promise to reassure him he has a spot going forward. 4) Alabama didn't notify him of the fact that there was even a possibility that he wouldn't have a spot in this class until late in the recruiting process for this cycle. 5) Lastly, if you really wanted a recruit that is rehabbing from an injury, you would bring them in and redshirt them, which would allow them access to the school's doctors and facilities for free. You wouldn't tell them to pay for physical therapy services out of their own pocket for several months.

As much as I detest crap like this, it is ultimately the fault of recruits and their families if it happens to them. Information pertaining to signing numbers and attrition (as well as the causes of attrition) is so easily accessible that there is no excuse for not knowing the roster management habits of the schools you are interested in.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-12, 10:31 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthaBrotha4 View Post
NOLE - Bank it.
The folks up in A2 seem to think they have a pretty good chance.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/ej-levenberry-names-top-3
Old 01-25-12, 10:39 PM
Yappi Supporter

Congrats to another Ohio kid headed to the Air Force Academy!

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...air-force.html

Quote:
DeSales’s Noble verbally commits to Air ForceBy JARROD ULREY
ThisWeek Community Newspapers
Friday January 20, 2012 9:13 AM

DeSales High School senior Jalen Noble has committed to play for Air Force, coach Ryan Wiggins has confirmed.

Noble played at wide reciever and defensive back and was a key player on special teams for the Stallions. His verbal commitment continues the pipeline from the CCL program to the Colorado school that competes in the Mountain West.

Last season, Noble (5-foot-11, 180 pounds) had two interceptions with 21 tackles and four pass breakups. He also had three receptions and returned a punt for a touchdown as DeSales finished at 7-4.

Air Force, which lost to Toledo 42-41 in the Military Bowl on Dec. 28, also had 2009 DeSales graduates Ike Ariguzo and Josh Kusan on its roster last fall. Nick Gentile, a 2011 DeSales graduate, committed to Air Force a year ago, but was not on its roster last fall.
Old 02-01-12, 12:46 AM
Cooling Off

Anyone know of some sort of list of the top prospects committing tomrrow and what time they are announcing?
Old 02-01-12, 01:34 AM
All Yappi

Here you go, DR.

Announcement times (ET)

Airing on ESPNU
DE Mario Edwards (No. 1 in ESPNU 150): 9:05 a.m.
OLB Josh Harvey-Clemons (No. 17): 9:15 a.m.
CB Tracy Howard (No. 18): 9:35 a.m.
DT Eddie Goldman (No. 10): 10:05 a.m.
WR Dorial Green-Beckham (No. 3): 10:15 a.m.
OLB Kwon Alexander (No. 29): 11:05 a.m.
S Trae Elston (No. 10 safety): 11:05 a.m.
WR Nelson Agholor (No. 47): 12:05 p.m.
WR Thomas Johnson (No. 33): 12:20 p.m.
OT Andrus Peat (No. 9): 1:35 p.m.
OT Avery Young (No. 61): 2 p.m.
CB Ronald Darby (No. 38) 2:30 p.m.

Other notable ESPNU 150 announcement times
DE Korren Kirven (No. 100): 8 a.m.
ATH Joel Caleb (No. 83): 8:30 a.m.
OT Brandon Greene (No. 30): 9 a.m. ET
DE Dante Fowler Jr. (No. 71): 10 a.m.
DT Leonard Williams (No. 50): 11 a.m.
S Landon Collins (No. 6): 1 p.m.
ATH Ricardo Louis (No. 21): 1 p.m.
OT Kyle Murphy (No. 27): 4:15 p.m.
Old 02-01-12, 01:36 AM
All Yappi

I'm really interested to see where Dorial Green-Beckham goes. The kid is going to be an absolute stud in college. 6'6'' with 4.37 speed.
Old 02-01-12, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

^^^^^

A couple guys have talked about DGB as Randy Moss without the baggage. Could be a program changer for a Mizzou if they could land him.
Old 02-01-12, 10:04 AM
Cooling Off

Thanks GOGE.
Old 02-01-12, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

Dorial Green-Beckham goes Mizzou. Good for him and the Tiger program as they enter the SEC. Also he had one of the better annoucements, classy. Kid could be special down the line.
Old 02-01-12, 10:35 AM
Cooling Off

Mauk is going to be happy once he starts playing.
Old 02-01-12, 12:22 PM
All World

In probably the strangest signing day surprise I have ever seen, 5-star Notre Dame WR commit Deontay Greenberry (Fresno, CA) has signed with Houston .

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=5095620
Old 02-01-12, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

I hope he realizes that Case Keenum won't be there anymore.
Old 02-01-12, 12:27 PM
Cooling Off

Whoa. That's odd.
Old 02-01-12, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

Also, a little surprised DGB chose Mizzou. Was thinking he would land at Arkansas. Good for Missouri. They just got the best incoming WR in the country who will dominate for the next 3-4 years.
Old 02-01-12, 05:14 PM
Freshman

I know it hasn't been talked about much but I am extremely impressed with the offensive line recruits Stanford was able to sign. #4 OT Kyle Murphy, #9 OT Andrus Peat, #26 OT Nick Davidson, #3 OG Joshua Garnett, #21 OG Brandon Fanaika, #42 OG Johnny Caspers and #4 OC Graham Shuler (rankings according to Scout).
Old 02-01-12, 05:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg2216 View Post
I know it hasn't been talked about much but I am extremely impressed with the offensive line recruits Stanford was able to sign. #4 OT Kyle Murphy, #9 OT Andrus Peat, #26 OT Nick Davidson, #3 OG Joshua Garnett, #21 OG Brandon Fanaika, #42 OG Johnny Caspers and #4 OC Graham Shuler (rankings according to Scout).
And most are also good students. I heard one of them do an interview on ESPNU and it was a breath of fresh air to be able to understand him as opposed to some of the idiots doing pressers that sound like 1st graders.
Old 02-02-12, 03:00 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg2216 View Post
Looks like other agree with me too

http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssp...95818/34656540
Old 02-02-12, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
And most are also good students. I heard one of them do an interview on ESPNU and it was a breath of fresh air to be able to understand him as opposed to some of the idiots doing pressers that sound like 1st graders.
+1 you could tell by their speaking ability whether they were going to the SEC or a school like Stanford. My favorite one yesterday was Eddie Goldman. Every commitment ceremony should be like that. No hat no theatrics just sit up there in front of the cameras and announce where you are going.
Old 02-04-12, 12:22 AM
Cooling Off

Jordan Diamond to Auburn. Glad he;s not at Michigan.
Old 02-17-12, 09:35 AM
Cooling Off

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1332534
Old 02-21-12, 10:32 PM
Yappi Supporter

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...-michigan.html

Quote:
North's Butt, Central's Charlton verbal to Michigan
By JARROD ULREY
ThisWeek Community Newspapers
Monday February 20, 2012 9:17 AM

Two of central Ohio’s highest-ranked recruits from the 2013 class, Pickerington Central’s Taco Charlton and Pickerington North’s Jake Butt, have verbally committed to the University of Michigan.

Both took visits to Michigan on Feb. 18. Charlton verbally committed late that evening and Butt did the same early in the evening Feb. 19.

Butt, who is ranked No. 96 among Rivals.com’s top 100 prospects, is a 6-foot-6, 225-pound junior tight end. Last season, he finished with 27 catches for 424 yards and seven touchdowns to help the Panthers finish 8-2. Butt made the ThisWeek Super 25 and was first-team all-district at defensive end.

Butt had 18 Division I offers, although Michigan had been in the lead for his services for the past several weeks.

“I’m so pumped,” Butt said minutes after making his verbal commitment. “(It’s a) great program academically and athletically. They’re the perfect fit for me and my family.”

Charlton is a 6-6, 245-pound defensive end who had 14 offers. Last season, he helped the Tigers finish 11-3 and earn a Division I state runner-up finish.

Charlton also considered Big Ten schools such as Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Purdue.

“I committed to Michigan because it was everything I wanted in one place,” Charlton said. “It gets no better than UM.”
Old 02-22-12, 12:11 PM
Yappi Supporter

Auburn, Alabama, and Vanderbilt (?!?!) are eating UGA's lunch in Georgia's backyard.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...a-and-clemson/

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...or-vanderbilt/

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...its-to-auburn/
Old 03-16-12, 09:33 PM
All Ohio

This is video of a player in South Carolina who is trying to get his film out for some exposure. I believe he would be a sure fire D1 prospect had he played at a bigger HS. Regardless this is his JR film and he will be class of 2013.

Any feedback is appreciated as well.

http://www.athletevault.com/Videos/DeeDelaney2AV.wmv
Old 03-17-12, 06:32 PM
Cooling Off

That whole "play at a bigger high school" thing is so overrated. Especially in today's world. All you have to do is go to one camp and if you're good enough they will find you.
Old 03-18-12, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

I agree to an extent but at the same time, how many times do you hear people say, "Oh, he needs to play against better competition." He'll be at a large Rivals combine in 2 weeks. In the meantime we are trying to get any exposure he can.
Old 03-29-12, 10:40 PM
Yappi Supporter

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...all-notes.html

Quote:
Panthers' Igwebuike adds 3 offers; Brookhaven QB signs with Ohio Dominican

It's looking more likely than ever that Pickerington North junior Godwin Igwebuike will end up playing football in the Big Ten.

Whether the 6-0, 190-pounder will end up at running back or cornerback isn't clear at this point, but he added offers from Purdue and Indiana over the past few days to give him seven offers from Big Ten schools. The others who have offered are Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

Is there a favorite among the 16 schools who now have offered Igwebuike?

"Not at this point," he said on a text message.

Igwebuike, who doesn't currently have any visits planned, also has been offered by three other BCS schools, Boston College, Cincinnati and Duke.

Miami University is another of his newest offers.

What has attracted so much interest in Igwebuike?

Probably his 4.48 time in the 40 first of all. Last fall when the Panthers went 8-2 and just missed the playoffs, he rushed for 1,046 yards and 14 touchdowns and added a kickoff return for a score. He also had five interceptions while making first-team all-district on defense.

*Brookhaven senior dual-threat quarterback Tajuan Green signed March 27 to play for Ohio Dominican University. He is expected to play football and run track at the school.

A 6-1, 180-pounder who threw for more than 1,110 yards and rushed for more than 1,000 last season as the Bearcats went 7-4, Green was a three-year starter and helped the Bearcats reach the playoffs twice.

Green should feel right at home with the Panthers, who have 35 other central Ohio natives on their roster. Coach Bill Conley is a former assistant coach for Ohio State who is in his second season heading the program.
Old 04-10-12, 10:13 AM
Yappi Supporter

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...ail/index.html

Quote:
South's Ball among area players who add DI football offers

It's been more than a month since Hartley's Jacob Matuska became the last central Ohio football player to make his college verbal commitment, but athletes like Westerville South's Marcus Ball, Pickerington North's Godwin Igwebuike and Chris Huhn and Upper Arlington's Chris Frey have been busy since that time picking up offers.

Ball, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound junior, most recently was offered by Pittsburgh and West Virginia according to his profile on ScoutingOhio.com.

Last fall, the junior quarterback helped the Wildcats earn a share of the OCC-Cardinal Division championship by completing 80 of 139 passes for 1,232 yards with 11 touchdowns and just four interceptions. He also rushed for 298 yards and one touchdown while making first-team all-league and special mentiion all-district.

College programs should enjoy the fact that he also could play free safety based on his 4.6 seconds.

Among some of Ball's other offers are Toledo, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, Arizona State, Illinois, Minnesota and Kent State.

"Growing up you're watching it and I always had a dream that I wanted to be that guy playing on the field, playing on TV," Ball told ThisWeekSPORTS.com last month. "I wanted to wear that jersey like Michael Vick and guys like that. I want to wear that jersey."

Igwebuike's list continues to grow, as he was offered by Akron on Monday. He has close to 20 offers now.

Huhn is a 6-6, 275-pound lineman who doesn't have much varsity experience for North but has the physical skills. And now he has offers from six Division I schools, with the latest coming from Akron as well.

Frey is just a sophomore, but the 6-1, 192-pounder gained plenty of experience last fall at running back and linebacker for UA and picked up an offer last week from Northern Illinois. According to his ScoutingOhio profile, he is visiting schools such as Virginia Tech, UCLA, Bowling Green, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Illinois over the coming months.
Old 04-17-12, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

ESPN 150: http://espn.go.com/college-sports//f...ank/class/2013

I know these guys like everyone south of the Mason Dizon line but come on, only 3 of the top 20 are from outside of that region? Only 1 from Cali in the top 20?
Old 04-24-12, 03:31 PM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
ESPN 150: http://espn.go.com/college-sports//f...ank/class/2013

I know these guys like everyone south of the Mason Dizon line but come on, only 3 of the top 20 are from outside of that region? Only 1 from Cali in the top 20?
It would be interesting to compare the distribution of players on the All-American teams three or four years after each recruiting class hits campus to the distribution of the ESPN 150 itself.
Old 04-24-12, 09:03 PM
All Yappi

Centerville DT Brant Gressel committed to Iowa.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: