Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Notices

Old 03-24-12, 02:01 PM
All Region

The Ohio State

Only a few more days!!!

Champions dinner Monday 26th. Cannot wait to see who makes the red and gold levels. It has been reported that Hankins and Dunn have moved up. I am sure Simon, Stoney and B. Miller should as well.

28th begins the new offense and two deep competition. Meyer says he wants the 2 deep established by end of spring.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...032312aab.html

Photo gallery..

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/view.gal?id=116274
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-12, 02:00 PM
All American

There were certain people that didn't have to move up. Simon was one of them, according to the article I had read, which I had linked here, but it is now deleted, Simon was already at gold level.
Old 03-26-12, 10:24 PM
All American

The Ohio State is so pretentious, it's sickening.
Old 03-26-12, 11:48 PM
Cooling Off

So are these 'levels' going to be publicized?
Old 03-27-12, 10:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Trust me, it's just to annoy people like you that are obsessed with it.
Old 03-27-12, 12:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Trust me, it's just to annoy people like you that are obsessed with it.
I'm not obsessed with it and you did it, not to annoy,but because you really like the 'status" that goes along with the pretention. But that's okay, some of my best friends are Buckeye fans.
Old 03-28-12, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
I'm not obsessed with it and you did it, not to annoy,but because you really like the 'status" that goes along with the pretention. But that's okay, some of my best friends are Buckeye fans.
Actually it wouldn't be fun or interesting to emphasize "the" without people getting butthurt. It might even die off without reactions to it.
Old 03-28-12, 07:05 PM
All World

Quote:
I actually had a professor say this today. Honestly, I don't know why anyone really cares. If people think it's pretentious or dooshy they should just ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Actually it wouldn't be fun or interesting to emphasize "the" without people getting butthurt. It might even die off without reactions to it.
Agreed.
Old 03-28-12, 07:18 PM
5/23 Survivor

Send a message via AIM to cpc5304
Doug Lesmerises, who cover OSU for the Plain Dealer, tweeted that the starting OL for practice was Mewhort, Norwell, Linsley, Hall, and Fragel, going from LT to RT. Top 3 WRs were Evan Spencer, Devin Smith, and Chris Fields.
Old 03-28-12, 07:32 PM
All World

Interesting. I figured Bobek would be at center. If he's not hurt, where the hell is Philly Brown in the pecking order? Also, what is the status of Verlon Reed, who IMO was their best receiver last year pre season ending injury?
Old 03-28-12, 08:04 PM
5/23 Survivor

Send a message via AIM to cpc5304
Brown was with the second team. Bobek was a backup at center along with Jacoby Boren, who is apparently really impressive. I don't have a good feeling about this OL.
Old 03-28-12, 10:02 PM
All Yappi

I never understood the "The" emphasis. I mean every person is proud of his or her alma mater. If it makes them happy though and is a way to show pride, it's o.k. by me regardless of my understanding or misunderstanding of it. There are a lot of things about Ohio State that quite frankly I do not understand. The band, for example, wearing those funny little tam hats. Those look pretty strange to me. Moreover, no one in the country, musically inclined or otherwise, who was not a student or fan of Ohio State's would consider Ohio State's marching band any way near on par with THE University of Michigan Band!!!
Old 03-30-12, 12:47 AM
Cooling Off

I'd venture to say OSU's band is one of the only nationally recognized by the average fan. And 99% of that has to do with script Ohio.
Old 03-30-12, 11:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't remember anything regarding "THE" Ohio State University until players started introducing themselves on TV. I remember players form University of Miami introducing themselves as being from "The U" and all of a sudden "THE" Ohio State University was being used as where OSU players were from.
Old 03-30-12, 12:29 PM
All World

I thought the "The" emphasis didn't really come until after the Ohio University lawsuit. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-30-12, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I thought the "The" emphasis didn't really come until after the Ohio University lawsuit. I could be wrong though.
This is what i heard.
Old 03-31-12, 09:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
That is right, but "the" has actually apart of the name of the since the lawsuit as can be seen on every academic or sport site ran by the school. It is even on our diplomas.
Old 04-05-12, 08:56 PM
Moderated User

11warriors reporting Chris Fields quit the team
Old 04-07-12, 10:30 PM
All American

Talking

This is a bit off topic...but figured its all the usual suspects here as were here a few months ago...

I said I couldn't believe that posey and herron were even allowed back on the team...let alone be captain or an mvp....

I stated that if we had had a coach (fick) that had a pair...and wasn't just following the practices of enabling, of the former regime. That he would have stepped up and not let that happen...

One seemingly more informed poster than I, told me that the I was an idiot...didn't I know that the players pick the captans? Well obviously I do...My point was that, as a head coach, one has the right to veto those things. I lambasted and called an idiot, again and again...

Well tonight on the local news, the story was about a player on the D line that Coach M said he would like to see as a captain....

He also was quoted as saying that he held the VETO power on all of those decisions...

Lol...now who is the idiot?

Finally a coach with a pair...

ps...for all of you that will choose to pick apart my spelling and or punctuation...instead of admitting that I was right...About a lot actually, (I said, from the first news conf. that the vest would be gone, Terrell poser would never play for OSU again...and more...) thru this whole deal...bite me...

Happy Easter!!!
Old 04-08-12, 10:45 AM
Cooling Off

God you suck at life.
Old 04-08-12, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by twbb View Post
God you suck at life.
Dude, he got things right on an Internet message board. You should just go ahead and bow down to him now.
Old 04-08-12, 12:06 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Dude, he got things right on an Internet message board. You should just go ahead and bow down to him now.
OlHWildcat

#totalmove
Old 04-14-12, 02:03 PM
All American

Quote:
I never said "The" Ohio State University anywhere on this thread. I've really only heard it said when people are complaining about it.
Old 04-14-12, 02:39 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best in the West View Post
OlHWildcat

#totalmove
It's clownshoes like him that make me realize why so many hate OSU fans. Dude is a terrible representative and an embarrassment.
Old 04-15-12, 07:37 AM
All American

Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHWildcat View Post
This is a bit off topic...but figured its all the usual suspects here as were here a few months ago...

I said I couldn't believe that posey and herron were even allowed back on the team...let alone be captain or an mvp....

I stated that if we had had a coach (fick) that had a pair...and wasn't just following the practices of enabling, of the former regime. That he would have stepped up and not let that happen...

One seemingly more informed poster than I, told me that the I was an idiot...didn't I know that the players pick the captans? Well obviously I do...My point was that, as a head coach, one has the right to veto those things. I lambasted and called an idiot, again and again...

Well tonight on the local news, the story was about a player on the D line that Coach M said he would like to see as a captain....

He also was quoted as saying that he held the VETO power on all of those decisions...

Lol...now who is the idiot?

Finally a coach with a pair...

ps...for all of you that will choose to pick apart my spelling and or punctuation...instead of admitting that I was right...About a lot actually, (I said, from the first news conf. that the vest would be gone, Terrell poser would never play for OSU again...and more...) thru this whole deal...bite me...

Happy Easter!!!

Dude that was last year! Who gives a flying *%$# ! Move on!
Old 04-15-12, 11:37 AM
All Region

Well week of spring game is coming up!! I got my tickets! I hope the weather is great and 90,000+ to attend!

As a Buckeye fan, I am truly looking forward. The future is looking bright!
Old 04-15-12, 08:17 PM
All Yappi

If anyone got to go to Saturday At The Shoe yesterday, I hate you.
Old 04-16-12, 12:44 AM
Cooling Off

Pics in this article.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...041412aaa.html
Old 04-16-12, 10:47 AM
All Region

Never been to the OSU spring game. What is the seating situation like?
Old 04-16-12, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUpanthers76 View Post
Never been to the OSU spring game. What is the seating situation like?
I want to say it's general admission but I'm not 100% sure. I know it is for students. Tickets are $7.