#1  
Old 03-30-12, 09:53 AM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,641
New D coordinator?

Is it true or just a rumor? Are we in need of a new one?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-12, 10:49 AM
BF Pride BF Pride is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-11-09
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
Is it true or just a rumor? Are we in need of a new one?
Yes, it was in the paper that Tanks accepted the HC job at Norton, his son will be missed as much or more than him!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-12, 08:34 AM
The STAIN The STAIN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-11
Posts: 472
Green is need of a new DC. Anyone know who is the potential new guy? What does Gree nreturn next season?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-12, 01:50 PM
The STAIN The STAIN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-11
Posts: 472
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-12, 08:55 AM
pantherbro pantherbro is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 105
It sounds like they don't consider insiders there! Haha! Maybe that's a good thing after what Jay Leno said on TV last light! That school district sure is getting a ton of press this past year or two.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-12, 03:48 PM
The STAIN The STAIN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-11
Posts: 472
YEah, some not so good news about a guy who likes young girlies who is not even employed by the district any longer. But hey., what about that dude from Manchester that dressed up in a police uniform and walked the halls of Manchester a few years back, and he wasn't a real cop! Certainly, that looked wonderful for Manchester to have a wacko walking the halls with a gun! Maybe the HC sdoesn't get a long with the guy you are referring to, or maybe this guy you are referring to has hard feelings that he didn't get the head job when it was open last year?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-12, 10:29 PM
pantherbro pantherbro is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 105
Haha! It happens everywhere. I just know that my nephews are pretty good players and my brother-in-law and their friends have all discussed looking into open enrollment possibilities, due to the fact that politics are out of control. Green gets rid of an AD for no reason, ditches coaches, overlooks others and it's just a good old boys club now. Hate all you want, but wouldn't you want to see who applies, instead of just handing the job to a buddy of an assistant? Former Kent State HEAD COACH, Jim Corrigal just got back I to coaching. Who else might've applied? I have somewhat of a vested interest here. Will my nephews have to struggle forever? They can move here with us and have a solid HC and consistently in the program.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-12, 08:24 AM
BF Pride BF Pride is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-11-09
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbro View Post
Haha! It happens everywhere. I just know that my nephews are pretty good players and my brother-in-law and their friends have all discussed looking into open enrollment possibilities, due to the fact that politics are out of control. Green gets rid of an AD for no reason, ditches coaches, overlooks others and it's just a good old boys club now. Hate all you want, but wouldn't you want to see who applies, instead of just handing the job to a buddy of an assistant? Former Kent State HEAD COACH, Jim Corrigal just got back I to coaching. Who else might've applied? I have somewhat of a vested interest here. Will my nephews have to struggle forever? They can move here with us and have a solid HC and consistently in the program.
panther, first of all what coaches have we ditched?? Secondly, you do realize that a "D" coordinator job is solely up to the HC to hire whoever he wants? He alone makes up the coaching staff and this includes the middle school coaches as well. Yes it is up for approval by our derelicts on our SBoard but I'm pretty sure thats how it works everywhere? Do you think candidates apply for Manchesters coordinator positions and whoever they hire is who France is stuck with? Your nephews are free to go wherever they wish, I have seen kids that would see very, very little play time at Green (mainly because of size) go to Manchester and be very above average for them. But the overall picture (IMO) of the transfer would be a downgrade from Green. Trust me if it wasn't too late for me I would have strongly leaned towards moving there instead of Green years ago, so I am no way bashing Manchester.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-16-12, 10:42 AM
green1965champs green1965champs is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-11-07
Location: joy park
Posts: 407
I think the HC should be the DC.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-12, 12:53 PM
BF Pride BF Pride is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-11-09
Posts: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1965champs View Post
I think the HC should be the DC.
Really? Why not the OC??
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-12, 03:04 PM
pantherbro pantherbro is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1965champs View Post
I think the HC should be the DC.
Didn't they try that ONCE? His reward for being HORRIBLE...demoted the next year and then promoted to HC! Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-12, 03:23 PM
pantherbro pantherbro is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Pride View Post
panther, first of all what coaches have we ditched?? Secondly, you do realize that a "D" coordinator job is solely up to the HC to hire whoever he wants? He alone makes up the coaching staff and this includes the middle school coaches as well. Yes it is up for approval by our derelicts on our SBoard but I'm pretty sure thats how it works everywhere? Do you think candidates apply for Manchesters coordinator positions and whoever they hire is who France is stuck with? Your nephews are free to go wherever they wish, I have seen kids that would see very, very little play time at Green (mainly because of size) go to Manchester and be very above average for them. But the overall picture (IMO) of the transfer would be a downgrade from Green. Trust me if it wasn't too late for me I would have strongly leaned towards moving there instead of Green years ago, so I am no way bashing Manchester.
I realize that the HC can hire whoever he wants. My issue is that what if ANYONE else wanted the job besides a guy who is friends from a person from his staff? What if it were a retired college coach? Who knew this was open if they don't read Yappi? Don't you want the BEST candidate or what is best for the kids at Green? Did he explore all options? Did he post it anywhere and screen applicants? Did he interview all candidates in the school interested? If so, then that is fine. Was this just a favor to a friend? I don't need to name names. Just give me a reason why you have so many former football good coaches who no longer coach at Green or coach elsewhere. I am just curious. The community members see this and know this as well. The coaches/teachers are forced to tell the kids lies and make up stories why they no longer coach. I realize my nephews can go where they want. But, I assure you that they are in Green for a reason. It's NOT because they are my nephews, but they are BOTH very athletic and gifted. They are three sport athletes and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were both D-1 athletes in college. They have huge upside. They are considering private schools or moving at this point because of the dissaray that your school system is in and the way things are handled. I am done being concerned at this point. It is strictly a concern I have for my family and I am obviously just stupid. I never comment on Manchester, let alone Green. I just get tired of hearing my family complain when they put all this time and efort into their community and schools. By the way, I may not be a teacher, coach or whatever...but I met my brother-in-law playing football in college and he married my sister. So, I am not THAT uneducated and I guarentee he knows alot more than most people on here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-12, 09:20 AM
The STAIN The STAIN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-11
Posts: 472
You make some good and valid points in the above post. I have a few points to consider, take them as you like. For one, do you know how many guys the HC talked to, met with, or interviewed? Neither do I, but I understand how a lot of this works, and usually the HC has a short list of names of people that he thinks would do a great job for him and with the kids, and then the HC usually asks people around him on staff or friends of pthers that they may know who would/ could be a good fit for himself, the program and the kids. Lastly, they probably make some calls to their fellow HCs around the area that they know to see of they could recommend anyone. My guess is, Green's HC followed my thinking to the T andinterviewed or discussed the position with numerous guys that he got their names from coaches on his staff, his friends, or other HCs. IF he hired a guy just as a favor to a friend on staff, then that is on him. My guess is that the guy did his due diligence and found a guy that he believes will fit in well with the program and the players in his program.
NExt, how are people supposed to know that a guy is interested in the position if he doesn't let it be known? The teacher in the building that wnats to be at Green but is never asked may be because he doesn't make it known he wants to be around there other than for a paycheck. I don't know.

AS for your family, many times, not always, but many times, when people complain and chirp about how things are handled, the problems lie with them themselves. Everyone can sit and complain and bark about how things are handled, but most have no idea how to solve it other than more whining and complaining. I for one, have fallen into that same trap. A lot of people do not like it when they get their own way rather than trying to work things out and compromise. Their way or the highway. Your nephews need to see how this coach is going to do things over the course of a few years, not based off of one year in charge. Additionally, just because they played D1 atheltics doesn;t mean they are right.

Is everyhting at Green handled properly? Absolutely not, but much of your argument seems like a beef that your nephews, who are the sons of D1 college atheltes, don't get much playing time. I do not know what exactly happened with the AD not being renewed despite the recommendation of the principal, but that for one is something that I think was botched. SO I can see both sides, I just think that most complainers about how things are handled on a forum like this rather than bringing them to the person who can do something about it to try and solve it, does no good.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-12, 07:22 PM
pantherbro pantherbro is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-30-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STAIN View Post
You make some good and valid points in the above post. I have a few points to consider, take them as you like. For one, do you know how many guys the HC talked to, met with, or interviewed? Neither do I, but I understand how a lot of this works, and usually the HC has a short list of names of people that he thinks would do a great job for him and with the kids, and then the HC usually asks people around him on staff or friends of pthers that they may know who would/ could be a good fit for himself, the program and the kids. Lastly, they probably make some calls to their fellow HCs around the area that they know to see of they could recommend anyone. My guess is, Green's HC followed my thinking to the T andinterviewed or discussed the position with numerous guys that he got their names from coaches on his staff, his friends, or other HCs. IF he hired a guy just as a favor to a friend on staff, then that is on him. My guess is that the guy did his due diligence and found a guy that he believes will fit in well with the program and the players in his program.
NExt, how are people supposed to know that a guy is interested in the position if he doesn't let it be known? The teacher in the building that wnats to be at Green but is never asked may be because he doesn't make it known he wants to be around there other than for a paycheck. I don't know.

AS for your family, many times, not always, but many times, when people complain and chirp about how things are handled, the problems lie with them themselves. Everyone can sit and complain and bark about how things are handled, but most have no idea how to solve it other than more whining and complaining. I for one, have fallen into that same trap. A lot of people do not like it when they get their own way rather than trying to work things out and compromise. Their way or the highway. Your nephews need to see how this coach is going to do things over the course of a few years, not based off of one year in charge. Additionally, just because they played D1 atheltics doesn;t mean they are right.

Is everyhting at Green handled properly? Absolutely not, but much of your argument seems like a beef that your nephews, who are the sons of D1 college atheltes, don't get much playing time. I do not know what exactly happened with the AD not being renewed despite the recommendation of the principal, but that for one is something that I think was botched. SO I can see both sides, I just think that most complainers about how things are handled on a forum like this rather than bringing them to the person who can do something about it to try and solve it, does no good.
I was going to let sleeping dogs lie on this one, but I also tend to agree and disagree with you. My biggest issue is that I am concerned and have a vested interest in my nephews.

I have no beef with playing time and neither do their parents. They will NOT have an issue with playing time in the future, unless they cannot evaluate talent. This is simply a fact, nothing cocky or more than a true statement. If I thought they were overmatched, horrible or should try their hand at soccer, band or even cheerleading, then I would be the first to admit it and so would their parents. We love them for who they are!!!

I do NOT know exactly how many people the HC talked with. You do have some valid points. But, let me ask you this again. Did everyone in the area know that this position was open? Canton McKinley hired a new coach and it was in the paper that he was "looking for a few good men". Do you really think that coaches from Lake, Wadsworth, Tallmadge, etc. would say: "Hey, I know we play you every year, but I know a heck of a coach that you need to be your DC. He will make you so much better that we can't beat you". Is going on a "search" at the High School level the best way, or is letting people know the job is open best?

Green might have teaching openings, they might not, who knows? Could that have been used as a positive to get someone in the building with very good teaching and coaching credentials? I am just curious? Maybe the coaches in the building didn't let him know they were interested. Maybe they did. Maybe they aren't interedted at all and I am wrong, but at a school like Green you have to make that a priority.

As far as what this coach at Green will do based on more than one year in charge, I have seen him in charge at another school. My brother-in-law saw him in charge of a defense at Green and get demoted, then rewarded with being hired as the HC. He has a proven track record of not getting it done. So far, is this correct? Didn't Kenmore almost beat them last year?

My family doesn't whine or complain. We merely have conversations. My brother-in-law is very involved, BUT stays quiet. I usually do as well. I come here and read and usually JUST read. But, when I watch a school like Green have success for many, many years run off a great guy like Coach McVicker (similar to Jim France AND Bill McGee) then fall into mediocrity it is difficult. I decided to join a discussion (even though I was told I shouldn't because I'm not "from" Green). My biggest issue is consistency. How many people have been in charge of that defense in the past 5-7 years? It has to be at least five. That isn't good for any program is it? This new guy will have Green DC on his resume as a young man and go get a HC job in a year or two MAX, just like the last guy did. It is a stepping stone.

I bet if they had hired the baseball coach, they would have 4-5 guys in that building coaching and at least a few from the other buildings too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-12, 09:58 AM
The STAIN The STAIN is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-11
Posts: 472
I understand your concerns and comments, but like I said, I would have to think that the guy knows his stuff and did his research and found who he believes is the right guy at the right time for his program. To be honest, I don't think it is so bad to have a good, young coach that is driven to become a head coach on your staff. You know you are going to get everything out of him because his fingerprints are going to be all over the defense. If he wants to move into a HC position, he has to get the players to do what he wants and has to coach them tough, hard, and fairly. I know this guy and believe he will do exactly that. From what I have read about the former DC at Green, he made things more complicated than needed. Th players ALWAYS perform better when they do not have to think, they just react, and most of that comes from being coached well so that they understand their responsibilities and their duties. This guy will get them in the right spot with the right techniques and fundamentals to put them in a position to WIN! And, WINNING is not only what Charlie Sheen wants to do, so does Green and it's fans and community!

By the way, you are correct about Coach McGee and France, they are coaching legends in this area and they do things the right way......no shortcuts to developing and maintaining a winning tradition of football!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.