Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-10, 11:07 AM
Freshman

gzjudi is on a distinguished road
All Southwest Ohio (AKA All-Cincinnati) Girls Soccer Honors and Game ...

Does anyone have information on when and where the Game and Honor awards will be taking place this year? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-10, 07:00 PM
Varsity

juicyfruit is on a distinguished road
GMC All-Conference
Congratulations to Jae Atkinson, (Mason-CUP), Player of the Year

http://gmcsports.com/statsPage.aspx?satc=115
Old 11-07-10, 10:02 PM
Varsity

justsomeone is on a distinguished road
Smile

Has a list been posted of who has been selected all-city? It would also be neat to see the different conferences listed, etc. I'm sure we also have some all-staters too. If anybody has a link that would be nice. Thanks.
Old 11-09-10, 07:30 AM
Varsity

Girls All-Star Game
Thursday, November 18th 7:00
Princeton High School

All-Southwest honors will not be posted until after all Cincinnati teams have finished their season (bring it home Anderson!) and will be posted on this website:
http://www.ossca.org/home.asp

All-State honors will be posted after the state finals are complete. And will be posted on the same website and/or this website:
http://ohsaa.org/sports/so/girls/default.asp
Old 11-15-10, 07:01 AM
All Region

Lec TricSkin is on a distinguished road
Was wondering if the details and teams have been announced.Just found this on the Boys Soccer site. Congrats to all Seniors on a great career.

The Southwest Ohio High School All-Star Girls soccer games will be held at Princeton on Thursday.Game times are 7:00 PM at Princeton High School. Parking will be on the opposite side of Chester Rd.. Admission to the games will $5. The format:

Girls Div. I v. Northern KY All Stars
Girls Div. II v. Northern KY All Stars
Girls Div. I v. Girls Div. II

Each matchup will be 40 minutes, with about a 5 minute break in between.

Here is a list of Ohio participants scheduled to appear

Girls' Division I - Ellyn Gruber (St. Ursula); Jae Atkinson, Liz Finley and Annie Beard (Mason); Devyn Ciotti, Claire Kozlowski and Alex Azeez (Lakota West); Christi Howard (Anderson); Kelsey Laumann (Oak Hills); Autumn Oakes and Madeline Vance (Loveland); Hannah Kohls (Turpin); Lynessa McGee (Ursuline); Danielle Bogolo (Ross); Tori Calderhead (Milford); Chelsea Rose (Walnut Hills) and Carolyn Hartman (Mount Notre Dame).

Girls' Division II - Katie Landgrebe, Leah Raming, Rachel Self (Madeira); Katie Markesberry and Kaeli Flaska (Indian Hill); Tricia Walsh (McNicholas); Nikki McKee and Hailee Schlager (Wyoming); Ashley Hammon (Finneytown); Alex McInturf (Cincinnati Country Day); Caitlyn Zike (Blanchester); Libby Meininger (Summit Country Day); Emily Mehl and Emily Moreton (Mariemont); Hannah Salzbrun (Clark Montessori); Blake Woodward (Bethel-Tate) and Anne Mapes (Seven Hills).
Old 11-15-10, 08:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by figureitout View Post
Here is a list of Ohio participants scheduled to appear

Girls' Division I - Ellyn Gruber (St. Ursula); Jae Atkinson, Liz Finley and Annie Beard (Mason); Devyn Ciotti, Claire Kozlowski and Alex Azeez (Lakota West); Christi Howard (Anderson); Kelsey Laumann (Oak Hills); Autumn Oakes and Madeline Vance (Loveland); Hannah Kohls (Turpin); Lynessa McGee (Ursuline); Danielle Bogolo (Ross); Tori Calderhead (Milford); Chelsea Rose (Walnut Hills) and Carolyn Hartman (Mount Notre Dame).

Seriously, how does this work?
SUA has 1 player, Mason has 3, Lakota West has 3, Anderson 1, Oak Hills 1 etc, etc.
How can SUA,and Anderson only have one player each when you look at their records?
How does Lakota West end up with 3 players? I would have expected them to have a much better season if they truly have 3 of the best 17 players in the city.
Likewise for Loveland 2 all city players.
For one, only seniors participate in the all star game. So these are just the seniors receiving all-district. Other players will be named when the list is released. Also, all-district teams were selected prior to district finals. As far as Loveland is concerned, keep in mind you can have the best two players in the city/state, but they need a supporting cast to have a winning season.
Old 11-16-10, 04:45 PM
Freshman

Switch.the.Field is on a distinguished road
SUA Defenders

SUA Senior Defenders Lindsey Silva and Katie Schweer anchored a defense that allowed just eight goals during the season (11 goals total) against one of the toughest schedules in the area, including the top GGCL schools, the top GMC programs (Mason twice), and top regional teams (Sacred Heart (KY), North Central (IN)). No local team allowed fewer goals. I thought these two were slighted when they were not recognized as All State. But how in the world could they not be included among the best defenders in the Southwest Ohio?
Old 11-16-10, 06:50 PM
All Region

centercirclechuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch.the.Field View Post
SUA Senior Defenders Lindsey Silva and Katie Schweer anchored a defense that allowed just eight goals during the season (11 goals total) against one of the toughest schedules in the area, including the top GGCL schools, the top GMC programs (Mason twice), and top regional teams (Sacred Heart (KY), North Central (IN)). No local team allowed fewer goals. I thought these two were slighted when they were not recognized as All State. But how in the world could they not be included among the best defenders in the Southwest Ohio?
No glory in the back, unless you wear gloves. Only get the blame.
Old 11-16-10, 08:09 PM
All Region

The Giss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by centercirclechuck View Post
+1 on this.

And an observation as an all-star coach from another area. I got a list of 20+ girls for our team. Out of those 12, committed to play- many had other obligations, school, club, whatever. Plus, we played in season so I lost 6 who were still in the tournament. So a day before the match, my squad had 6. I had to work the phones to even field a squad. Ended up with 11. Total.

Perhaps this coach did not submit them, perhaps they had other obligations. I don't know in this case, but after a tough season, many players, especially those who are headed into a tough club season, as I assume these two might be, may just choose to take a break.
Old 11-17-10, 08:14 AM
All District

C.C. is on a distinguished road
Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by centercirclechuck View Post
Well said, againAbout 12 years ago (give or take), the all state team/district only selected 2 defenders out of all the players they picked.
Happens @ every level. Look @ some of the post that Rohbino and Popps have posted regarding the college game. Most of them are about the offensive players and goalies.
Good luck to all the girls in this game.
Old 11-17-10, 08:16 AM
Varsity

figureitout is on a distinguished road
thought the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch.the.Field View Post
I thought the same thing when I asked earlier how SUA could only have 1 player.

Last edited by figureitout; 11-17-10 at 09:27 AM..
Old 11-17-10, 09:27 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post

Well said, againAbout 12 years ago (give or take), the all state team/district only selected 2 defenders out of all the players they picked.
Happens @ every level. Look @ some of the post that Rohbino and Popps have posted regarding the college game. Most of them are about the offensive players and goalies.
Good luck to all the girls in this game.
Death,taxes,and defenders ignored on all star teams three of life's certainties. Had a big thread on this last year and sure it will again come up annually.

This year D1 All State:

1st Team: 4/18-22%
2nd Team 7/36-19%
Total: 11/54-20%

iirc this seems better than last year. All that said with about 700+ defenders in D1 11 is a mightly small group and again congrats to all those who were chosen and those who should/could have been on a great year!!
Old 11-17-10, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

soccerdad is on a distinguished road
As a parent with 3 players that primarily played forward. We have always repected the defensive players ability because that is who we primarily focused on when watching the game. It is very simple. You can score as many goals as you want, the other team has to only score 1 more than you to win. You cannot win without a goal. In saying that, the forwards can also play a huge role in defense by how well they control where and how the ball comes out of the back field and the pressure put on the backs. It's an unfortunate side effect of sports in general. The goals,baskets,tuchdowns and runs always get the attention. My son's college conference had 14 ALL CONFERENCE players picked- 7 forwards, 2 defenders.
Old 11-17-10, 01:35 PM
All Region

Cincinnati Kid is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=soccerdad;4332724 You cannot win without a goal. In saying that, the forwards can also play a huge role in defense by how well they control where and how the ball comes out of the back field and the pressure put on the backs. QUOTE]

And...good defenders in the right system can be a HUGE offensive presence, such as outside defenders making runs up the sideline into open space.
Old 11-17-10, 05:32 PM
Varsity

When are they going to post the whole list?
The boys game is tonight and the girls tomorrow. I'd like to see the complete list and the order.
Based on the Enquirer order SUA Gruber listed before Mason's Atkinson, does this mean Gruber is POY?
Old 11-18-10, 07:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyfruit View Post
When are they going to post the whole list?
The boys game is tonight and the girls tomorrow. I'd like to see the complete list and the order.
Based on the Enquirer order SUA Gruber listed before Mason's Atkinson, does this mean Gruber is POY?
Here is your link. Last year it was released on 11/17. Check as often as you like.

http://www.ossca.org/home.asp?area=sw

Great night for soccer tonight and chance to see the area's best seniors in their final HS game. As any fyi if you are looking for a specific player or POY you can find out. I am sure all players know if they are on the team.
Old 11-18-10, 02:41 PM
All Ohio

Just saw the list and for those deserving - congradulations and for some of the coach's that chose to do favors over the right thing. I can't say it on here. You do the players that truley represent the finest in soccer ability a disservice by allowing those to be selected as favors. I understand there will be many missed because not everyone can be selected and some of the true soccer fans know better anyway. But to say a circle is a square is ?
Old 11-18-10, 03:41 PM
Varsity

Dad, you've seen and been able to evaluate everyone in the southwest district?

The list:

Player Year Yr School
Ellyn Gruber 12 St. Ursula
Jae Atkinson 12 Mason
Devyn Ciotti 12 Lakota West
Marisa Wolf 11 St. Ursula
Rose Lavelle 10 Mt. Notre Dame
Christi Howard 12 Anderson
Alex Azeez 12 Lakota West
Lana Bonekemper 11 Ursuline
Ambri Johnson 11 Winton Woods
Morgan Wolcott 11 Milford
Kelsey Laumann 12 Oak Hills
Autumn Oakes 12 Loveland
Hannah Kohls 12 Turpin
Macy Hamblin 9 Fairfield
Annie Beard 12 Mason
Rachel Alvis 11 Colerain
Sydney Loesing 11 Anderson
Olivia Jester 11 McAuley
Lynessa McGee 12 Ursuline
Natalie Smith 11 St. Ursula
Claire Kozlowski 12 Lakota West
Livi Logan 11 Walnut Hills
Haley Walter 11 Kings
Emma Silverman 10 Sycamore
Kaitlyn Melvin 12 Seton

Honorable Mention
Danielle Bogolo 12 Ross
Andi Felix 10 Lakota East
Megan Mills 11 Little Miami
Tori Calderhead 12 Milford
Kiara Elliott 11 Northwest
Karina Atkinson 12 Glen Este
Tanner Ruberg 12 Fairfield
Chelsea Rose 12 Walnut Hills
Carolyn Hartman 12 Mt. Notre Dame
Liz Finley 12 Mason
Madeline Vance 12 Loveland
Erin Hancock 12 Amelia
Ellie Tillar 11 Turpin

Public School Coach of the Year Andy Schur Mason
Private School Coach of the Year Dave Ruehl St. Ursula
Assistant Coach of the Year Damien Bose Milford

Player Year School
Katie Landgrebe 12 Madeira
Katie Markesberry 12 Indian Hill
Leah Raming 12 Madeira
Tricia Walsh 12 McNicholas
Kaeli Flaska 12 Indian Hill
Morgan Beck 11 Mariemont
Lauren Matthews 11 Badin
Nikki McKee 12 Wyoming
Ashley Hammon 12 Finneytown
Alex McInturf 12 Cincinnati Country Day
Zoe Pochobradsky 10 Seven Hills
Michelle Jolson 11 Wyoming
Caitlyn Zike 12 Blanchester
Liz Slattery 10 Indian Hill
Elizabeth Williams 10 Summit Country Day
Ashley Mahoney 11 Badin
Ari Knue 11 Cincinnati Country Day
Alex Lang 10 McNicholas
Libby Meininger 12 Summit Country Day
Rachel Self 12 Madeira
Caitlyn McCollough 11 Madeira
Emily Mehl 12 Mariemont
Kylie Sumner 11 Clermont Northeastern
Liz Dammeyer 10 Indian Hill
Kim Golden 11 Badin

Honorable Mention
Hannah Salzbrun 12 Clark Montessori
Blake Woodward 12 Bethel-Tate
Anne Mapes 12 Seven Hills
Ally Daniel 11 CHCA
Emily Moreton 12 Mariemont
Izzie Englehart 10 Summit Country Day
Hailee Schlager 12 Wyoming
Drema Keyer 10 Taylor
Joni Ford 11 Reading
Jamie Huelskamp 12 Cincinnati Country Day
Allie Crossley 12 Badin
Annie Sostock 11 Clark Montessori
Kelsey Mueller 11 McNicholas

Public School Coach of The Year - Dan Brady - Madeira
Private School Coach of The Year - Mike Fee - Summit Country Day
Assistant Coach of The Year - Joe Naegeli - Madeira
Old 11-18-10, 04:20 PM
All Ohio

Read the post correctly and you wouldn't respond with another worthless, argumentative response. I'm talking very specific situations. Please come back and tell me that the coach's don't work out votes ahead of time in some situations(help me and I'll help you). You must not be as involved in soccer politics as you think you are.(half kidding) If you were to re-name it as some have already stated the " Thanks for your service" award I would understand it alittle more. Make no mistake-95% of the list is legit. I am a players advocate, read my posts, I prefer to put more of the emphasis on the players. As to your silly comment on seeing games. Yes, I have seen quite a few of these games/players. I would even suggest that some only fair well because of the supporting cast. All I'm suggesting is that the list/choices whatever be taken seriously.
Old 11-18-10, 04:43 PM
Varsity

QUOTE=soccerdad;4334644]Read the post correctly and you wouldn't respond with another worthless, argumentative response. I'm talking very specific situations. Please come back and tell me that the coach's don't work out votes ahead of time in some situations(help me and I'll help you). You must not be as involved in soccer politics as you think you are.(half kidding) If you were to re-name it as some have already stated the " Thanks for your service" award I would understand it alittle more. Make no mistake-95% of the list is legit. I am a players advocate, read my posts, I prefer to put more of the emphasis on the players. As to your silly comment on seeing games. Yes, I have seen quite a few of these games/players. I would even suggest that some only fair well because of the supporting cast. All I'm suggesting is that the list/choices whatever be taken seriously.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% that some make the list because they have a supporting cast (check out my previous post) and that some get recognition for their 'service' AND that it is a disservice to those who truly deserve it. But your post seemed more focused on the 'undeserving'. I canít help but wonder how many girls on the list are undeserving and how many have you never seen play?
Old 11-18-10, 05:05 PM
All Ohio

Well gee, if I had to guess. 100-95 = 5, yes 5%. That would be a wopping 1-2 players, which I am specificly speaking of. As a side note some years back, I had a coach come to me to explain to us b4 it happened that they were choosing a senior because it was his last year there and that ---- would get his turn. Later he appologize after the event shocked more people than he anticipated. So yes, 1st hand experience and inside knowledge of current players does cause me for concern. This is the very problem we have with the formation of so called top teams, ODP, ect. but I guess someone has to do the pickin.
Old 11-18-10, 06:13 PM
Freshman

sistasocca is on a distinguished road
It also appears to me that where you go to school makes a difference. If you are not from a historically strong program, regardless of your stats, record, league championships etc......... you don't seem to get noticed for the higher honors. The fact that coaches do the voting will always cause problems. Some sort of system should be put in place to nominate and select players based on their body of work and value to their team. What that is I have not got a clue but surely all of the brilliant minds at the top can come up with something better.
Old 11-18-10, 07:20 PM
All District

CUP91 is on a distinguished road
Instead of ranting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
Just saw the list and for those deserving - congradulations and for some of the coach's that chose to do favors over the right thing. I can't say it on here. You do the players that truley represent the finest in soccer ability a disservice by allowing those to be selected as favors. I understand there will be many missed because not everyone can be selected and some of the true soccer fans know better anyway. But to say a circle is a square is ?
... why don't you simply give kudos to those players who you feel should have been named? You don't have to name who they should have replaced...
Old 11-18-10, 10:02 PM
Junior Varsity

DiamondJim is on a distinguished road
All stars@Princeton

no info on 1st session D1 v NKy, but...

2nd

DII beat NKy 2-0. KL and LR goals (both Madeira ) KL assist.

3rd

DII beat DI 1-0. KL goal.

KL MVP DII..
Old 11-19-10, 03:20 PM
All District

bcball is on a distinguished road
Thank you, KL's dad.
Old 11-19-10, 05:19 PM
Freshman

thoren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcball View Post
Thank you, KL's dad.
Maybe or maybe not but was amazed at how many people were there from Madeira besides parents. They obviously aren't ready to have HS season end. Not a parents only event last night for Madeira.

Case could have been made for another Katie for game MVP -- Markesberry from IH. She played phenomenal in both scrimmages.
Old 11-19-10, 06:25 PM
Junior Varsity

DiamondJim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoren View Post
Maybe or maybe not but was amazed at how many people were there from Madeira besides parents. They obviously aren't ready to have HS season end. Not a parents only event last night for Madeira.

Case could have been made for another Katie for game MVP -- Markesberry from IH. She played phenomenal in both scrimmages.
Agree on all counts .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: