Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Baseball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A 13yr Old Umpire Has To Put Up With This? (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323833)

AllSports12 06-19-19 08:38 AM

A 13yr Old Umpire Has To Put Up With This?
 
During a game played by.......

7 Year Olds


https://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-br...ntizuHpZ4EFa88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEFb1AKFC0

Philly_Cat 06-19-19 08:39 AM

Nothing surprising here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yappi 06-20-19 01:14 PM

I wish 7 year old baseball/softball was limited to local rec ball. Not positive here where the games were being played but it seems like the ultra competitive parents start their kids younger and younger leading to these types of silly/dangerous incidents.

Irwin20 06-20-19 01:31 PM

If I was there I would just be sitting in my chair laughing at these imbeciles.

thavoice 06-20-19 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yappi (Post 7328922)
I wish 7 year old baseball/softball was limited to local rec ball. Not positive here where the games were being played but it seems like the ultra competitive parents start their kids younger and younger leading to these types of silly/dangerous incidents.

I concur.

Want to know what the 7yr olds in our town/program do:

They play pee-wee.

*Mon-Wed-Fri they show up a the park.
*Play 3 innings/roughly an hour.
*Park workers pick teams randomly and they wear whatever they want.
*Free.
*Use a rubber ball.
*Each batter gets up per inning.
*Kids play any random position.
*MINIMAL PARENT INTERACTION. It is held during the day so most parents are NOT THERE.
*Park workers/HS kids often times, teach and foster a FUN ATMOSPHERE.

*Did I say MINIMAL PARENT INTERATION?

*No records. You keep "score" but very loosely!
*Vacation? Family plans for the day? No big deal, you aren't letting your team down by not showing because they pick new teams.



-----That is how our program does it

Raider6309 06-20-19 02:41 PM

Everyone but the umpire should sit in jail for a week

AllSports12 06-20-19 02:51 PM

The dispute started not with an issue about balls/strikes, safe/out, fair/foul, or a catch/no catch call.....

It was batting out of order.....


And to add to Yappi's and thavoice's assessment about 7yr old games.... There should never be umpires involved at that age.

thavoice 06-20-19 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllSports12 (Post 7328975)
The dispute started not with an issue about balls/strikes, safe/out, fair/foul, or a catch/no catch call.....

It was batting out of order.....


And to add to Yappi's and thavoice's assessment about 7yr old games.... There should never be umpires involved at that age.

I presume the coaches and umpire didn't jive with how to rule it?

(As an opposing coach, you wait until after the at bat don't you to bring it up or else the team can just put up the right batter and assume the count? Correct me if I am wrong)

Batting out of order.....

and to add to the list of what our town does at that age:
*There is no batting order.

Baseballmom13 06-20-19 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 7328966)
I concur.

Want to know what the 7yr olds in our town/program do:

They play pee-wee.

*Mon-Wed-Fri they show up a the park.
*Play 3 innings/roughly an hour.
*Park workers pick teams randomly and they wear whatever they want.
*Free.
*Use a rubber ball.
*Each batter gets up per inning.
*Kids play any random position.
*MINIMAL PARENT INTERACTION. It is held during the day so most parents are NOT THERE.
*Park workers/HS kids often times, teach and foster a FUN ATMOSPHERE.

*Did I say MINIMAL PARENT INTERATION?

*No records. You keep "score" but very loosely!
*Vacation? Family plans for the day? No big deal, you aren't letting your team down by not showing because they pick new teams.



-----That is how our program does it

I love this.
Wed play every day. Boys and girls together, in a very big front yard. Made us all better players.

SMARTY22 06-20-19 04:20 PM

Suppsped Adults are always ruining things for our youth! A person is wanted by the local Police for behavior at a 7 yr olds baseball game,absolutely pathetic!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.