Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Division VI Poll (Week 5) (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243756)

Yappi 09-26-12 02:17 PM

Division VI Poll (Week 5)
 

1 Ada (Ada) (5-0) [97] (4)
2 McComb (McComb) (5-0) [83] (2)
3 Mogadore (Mogadore) (5-0) [70] (3)
4 Leipsic (Leipsic) (5-0) [65] (2)
5 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (4-1) [62]
6 St Henry (St Henry) (4-1) [49]
7 Youngstown Christian (Youngstown) (5-0) [47] (2)
8 Colonel Crawford (North Robinson) (5-0) [45]
9 St Johns (Delphos) (3-2) [38]
10 Shadyside (Shadyside) (5-0) [32]

Others - Minster (Minster) (3-2), Newark Catholic (Newark) (4-1), Bishop Rosecrans (Zanesville) (4-1), Catholic Central (Steubenville) (3-2), Cincinnati Country Day (Cincinnati) (2-3)

Worm02 09-26-12 03:16 PM

Nice to see Youngstown Christian get some love.

RW&B 71 09-26-12 05:05 PM

I suspect that the state champs in division 6 wll once again come from Western Ohio.

Worm02 09-26-12 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW&B 71 (Post 5199729)
I suspect that the state champs in division 6 wll once again come from Western Ohio.

Now what would make you say that? J/P, lol. They play a different brand of football over there. The MAC schools are so tough. It will be interesting to see how Ada finishes.

bleedingreen6 09-27-12 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worm02 (Post 5199743)
Now what would make you say that? J/P, lol. They play a different brand of football over there. The MAC schools are so tough. It will be interesting to see how Ada finishes.

I really think that the Division 6 MAC teams are vulnerable this year. This might be the one year where we don't see a MAC school in the State Championship. And even if one makes it, I don't see a blowout happening this year.

Believe me I have mad respect for the MAC, I just think that it just so happens that both Maria Stein and St. Johns are very good, when they are usually unbelieveably good.

Just so I make myself clear, I do think that a MAC school will probably win Division 6 this year, but the scores will probably be alot closer than in recent memory. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ada or McComb representing western Ohio in the State title game.

1disciple 09-27-12 01:23 AM

I think McComb is NWO as well as ADA.

adog 09-27-12 05:55 AM

I am a resident of Ada and will admit I selected Ada in the number 1 slot, but that is more out of blind loyalty than anything. Do I think they can compete for the crown, yes. But I really do not think they are #1 right now in D6. I love following high school football in this part of the state as I do get to see some excellant football being played in all divisions ( except maybe D1 & D2) McComb, Leipsic, Delphos St Johns, Marion Local, St Henry, Ada, and Minster have shown so far this year that D6 football is alive and well and the winner will most likely be one of these shcools in D6

RW&B 71 09-27-12 07:15 AM

F.Y.I., the reason I phased my post as "Western Ohio" instead of Northwestern Ohio" was out of respect for Marion Local and St. Henry which are rather far South to be considered as "Northwest Ohio" but, like Adog's assessment, I too feel the state champ will be either Delphos St. Johns, Ada, Marion Local, St. Henry, McComb or Leipsic.

njaa62 09-27-12 10:48 AM

These are the front runners for the title and the sad part is one will be champ and the others won't even be runner ups. We all know the state will pair R21 vs R23 in the semi and we will have another blow out in the final. I still feel the champ will be a MAC school. Even if they are vunerable this year, you can't mess with the fact that they are always well oiled machines when it comes to the play-offs.

RW&B 71 09-27-12 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njaa62 (Post 5200571)
These are the front runners for the title and the sad part is one will be champ and the others won't even be runner ups. We all know the state will pair R21 vs R23 in the semi and we will have another blow out in the final. I still feel the champ will be a MAC school. Even if they are vunerable this year, you can't mess with the fact that they are always well oiled machines when it comes to the play-offs.

Not necessarily, sometimes re-bracketing is done although it seems to be done "behind closed doors in a smoke filled room"!

bleedingreen6 09-28-12 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njaa62 (Post 5200571)
These are the front runners for the title and the sad part is one will be champ and the others won't even be runner ups. We all know the state will pair R21 vs R23 in the semi and we will have another blow out in the final. I still feel the champ will be a MAC school. Even if they are vunerable this year, you can't mess with the fact that they are always well oiled machines when it comes to the play-offs.

If Region 21 makes it to the championship game, the representative will be able to hold their own this year (Can't speak for region 23). You say it will be a blow out well that depends on how you define it. Do I think the game will come down to the final seconds, probably not. But mark my words the game will be respectable. I see a team on the western side of the state winning, but not by more than 21 points.

Worm02 09-28-12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 (Post 5201637)
If Region 21 makes it to the championship game, the representative will be able to hold their own this year (Can't speak for region 23). You say it will be a blow out well that depends on how you define it. Do I think the game will come down to the final seconds, probably not. But mark my words the game will be respectable. I see a team on the western side of the state winning, but not by more than 21 points.

I live in Northeastern Ohio, but as much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. The small school football over here pales in comparison to Western Ohio's. I hope that I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Then again, that's why they play the game.

ahs/ntfan 09-28-12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njaa62 (Post 5200571)
These are the front runners for the title and the sad part is one will be champ and the others won't even be runner ups. We all know the state will pair R21 vs R23 in the semi and we will have another blow out in the final. I still feel the champ will be a MAC school. Even if they are vunerable this year, you can't mess with the fact that they are always well oiled machines when it comes to the play-offs.

When the MAC schools start the season in August and end in Oct and they come out of the MAC conference grinder 7-3,8-2,9-1,10-0, it is very hard to bet against them. If you are a high school football fan, you owe it to yourself to see a MAC team play.

bleedingreen6 09-28-12 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worm02 (Post 5201644)
I live in Northeastern Ohio, but as much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. The small school football over here pales in comparison to Western Ohio's. I hope that I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Then again, that's why they play the game.

I totally agree that small school football is much better on the western side of the state. But that doesnt mean that its impossible for team out of region 21 or 23 to hold their own or possibly win a state title every 5-10 years or so. Thats all i'm saying. If a MAC school makes the state title game their will probably be an intimidation factor that the eastern schools will have to try to conquer, but if a non-MAC school makes, there will be no intimidation factor and the game will be closer than people think.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.