PDA

View Full Version : Marion Coliseum DII District - the landmine - pairings and discussion

bucksman
02-18-12, 11:16 PM
Pairings
http://www.baumspage.com/nwdist/mh2/2011/2012%20Brackets.pdf

bucksman
02-19-12, 01:02 AM
106 - Michel EDI, Pool TCC, Martin WAP, Stickley GRA
*Kopp TCOL v Pool the key quarter there. I have Kopp losing that and the go to against Martin.

113 - Maurice BELF, Seipel GRA, Howard EDI, Mossing TCC
*Howard v Mossing the key quarter. Winner has an easy go to, while the loser is looking at Hodges WAUS to go (Hodges beat Mossing in sectional final, but I'm predicting revenge)

120 - Taylor GRA, Campbell LEX, Minnick CLY, Hagan TCC
*My pick is Hagan over Plougher LSH in a go to

126 - Jordan GRA, Mason PAD, Bowshier KR, Miller CLY
*Mason v Bowshier tough quarter match, but the loser is still OK with respect to getting out (would probably be Pontious WAUS, bottom semi loser)

132 - Fickel PAD, McDermitt LSH, Mossing TCC, Lange IL
*Lange with the big win over Henkle GRA in sectional final. I have him beating Salmon PERK in the quarter and then either Lang NORW or Henkle to go. I picked Cheek BEL to beat Lang in the quarter, but lose to Mossing TCC in a go to.

138 - Campbell PERK, Majoy EDI, Nicley WAUS, Cramer OH
*Cramer v Nicely is a quarter, but I think both are OK with respect to qualification. Campbell/Fasnacht PAD an intersting quarter, the second quadrant is weak, Nicley/Cramer in the third, and then Majoy in a tough bottom with Struble BRY first round and Newland BENL second.

145 - Kastl GRA, Klosz HN, Faust LEX, Viengmany TCC
*Kastl and Faust together means that top quarter losers and bottom first round losers are f'ed. Klosz v Viengmany is a closer than experts think semi - loser looking at Doughty NORW or McNulty PAD as a go to.

152 - Jordan GRA, Burns EDI, Williams TCOL, Bergman OH
*Four clearly ahead of rest

160 - Jordan GRA, Metz LEX, Rutherford EDI, Johnson SHEL
*Rutherford v Johnson top quarter. I have the loser beating Sherman BUCK to go.

170 - O'Neill CF, Moore CLY, Mancuso EDI, Kasper LEX
*Top two here are pretty clear. I pick Mancuso over Kasper in a big quarterfinal match. The winner is pretty manageable in terms of go to - probably against Adkinson BEL. The loser is crossing with Hengstler WAP (loses to Moore in QF) and probably faces Thayer BUCK to go.

182 - Evans GRA, Smith CLY, Cole EDI, ??
*Probaby second weakest weight here, fourth state qualification spot is a hope and pray

195 - Lehner LEX, Harris URB, Alexander NORW, Day KR

220 - Ward CLY, Krall WAUS, Carrow BUCK, Brooks EAS
*Weakest weight here

285 - Brown SAN, Pickerel TCC, Harmon BENL, Cox MMAD

Sonic1957
02-19-12, 06:11 PM
Good Picks Bucksman! What about Cheek at 120? Not a factor?

Boro Fan
02-19-12, 07:07 PM
Good Picks Bucksman! What about Cheek at 120? Not a factor?

He could be a sleeper, but size will be a factor, interesting to see how he does.

bucksman
02-19-12, 09:30 PM
Cheek = Minnick in the quarter. Crosses with Plougher, and then would have to get past Hagan to get out - I just don't see it.

animl
02-20-12, 02:34 PM
Personally, I don't think that cheek will be a threat at 120#. The Lima Shawnee and Shelby Districts were loaded at this weight. He is a very good wrestler, but IMO emerges from the weakest of the sectionals at this weight class.

topwrestler
02-20-12, 06:51 PM
I had to make a change at 182. The new bracket is posted. I was given the wrong placement information for the Shawnee sectional.

miketyson
02-20-12, 10:21 PM
bad besides the top 3 the rest all have ten losses and five hundred records...any predictions for the 4 spot looks like a crap shoot.

Groundhog
02-20-12, 10:25 PM
bad besides the top 3 the rest all have ten losses and five hundred records...any predictions for the 4 spot looks like a crap shoot.

What about Rogers from the Tipp Sectional. He took 2nd to Huston Evans. I'm pretty sure his losses are under 5 with 2 of them to Evans at League and Sectional.

miketyson
02-20-12, 10:34 PM
happened at 182 in the lima shawnee sectional final? did the wrestler get dqed and kick out of the tournament? it looks like and take the alternate?

Dad4Sports
02-20-12, 10:52 PM
happened at 182 in the lima shawnee sectional final? did the wrestler get dqed and kick out of the tournament? it looks like and take the alternate?

IDK....final shows a forfeit. Did the Wapakoneta kid get DQ'd at the conclusion of his semi win? In any event, the LS sectional bracket shows him finishing 2nd, but now he is nowhere to be seen on the District bracket....alternate is in his spot.

What happened to cause this?

Groundhog
02-21-12, 07:28 AM
IDK....final shows a forfeit. Did the Wapakoneta kid get DQ'd at the conclusion of his semi win? In any event, the LS sectional bracket shows him finishing 2nd, but now he is nowhere to be seen on the District bracket....alternate is in his spot.

What happened to cause this?

The bracket says "DQ - Flagrant Misconduct" in the semi's - so that would end his season, you have to sit out for the equivalent of 2 points of future contests.

Dad4Sports
02-21-12, 07:51 AM
The bracket says "DQ - Flagrant Misconduct" in the semi's - so that would end his season, you have to sit out for the equivalent of 2 points of future contests.

He won that match....correct?

Groundhog
02-21-12, 09:47 AM
He won that match....correct?

That's the way I read the bracket.

02-21-12, 05:45 PM
182 - Evans GRA, Smith CLY, Cole EDI, ??
*Probaby second weakest weight here, fourth state qualification spot is a hope and pray

195 - Lehner LEX, Harris URB, Alexander NORW, Day KR

220 - Ward CLY, Krall WAUS, Carrow BUCK, Brooks EAS
*Weakest weight here

bucksman, great rankings once again. i agree with your picks on most of the lower weights, but i wanted to hear your thoughts on a few other possiblities in the upper weights.
182 - I would say Jacobs(BG) is 4th here. He was the champ at Lima Shawnee.
195 - Do you have Day(KR) beating King(KENT) in the go to? I have King taking the 4th spot here.
220 - Any chance Price(MCOM) makes it out over Brooks(EAS)?

CBCwrestling
02-21-12, 06:10 PM
What about Cayot at 195 from
Bellefontaine. Could he beat day in the consisilations possibly?

Coach M.Lane
02-21-12, 07:23 PM
182 - I would say Jacobs(BG) is 4th here. He was the champ at Lima Shawnee.

No. He was a last second take down away from 4th/5th at Shawnee, but you never know...

02-21-12, 11:10 PM
No. He was a last second take down away from 4th/5th at Shawnee, but you never know...

With that kind of luck on his side along with his favorable draw he seems to have as good of a shot as anyone at this weight.

Coach M.Lane
02-22-12, 06:20 AM
Jacobs draw is very good till Smith, I'll give you that. But, it is a good draw for everyone in that quarter.

Piratewrestler
02-22-12, 07:27 AM
Jacobs have already faced Hermes at Elmwood duals and Hermes pinned him in the first period. So we will see what happens during this go round.

Bulldogmaster
02-22-12, 12:26 PM
For those of you wondering what happened at the LS sectional to the 182 kid. He was caught with chew during the break between finals matches and DQ'd before the match even started.

Dad4Sports
02-22-12, 12:31 PM
For those of you wondering what happened at the LS sectional to the 182 kid. He was caught with chew during the break between finals matches and DQ'd before the match even started.

Can't say I've ever heard of that before....

Gulliotine
02-22-12, 04:32 PM

What does that have to do with the flagrant misconduct in the semi match? Nothing? It's a school policy then that he doesn't go to district?

Sonic1957
02-22-12, 04:47 PM
Look in the Rules, tobacco of any sorts is a flagrant misconduct, whether on the mat or in the building

Gulliotine
02-22-12, 06:40 PM
Look in the Rules, tobacco of any sorts is a flagrant misconduct, whether on the mat or in the building

That doesn't make sense. He won his semi match where the flagrant misconduct occured. There must be two different events at work here.

TakedownFor2
02-22-12, 06:51 PM
That doesn't make sense. He won his semi match where the flagrant misconduct occured. There must be two different events at work here.

Look closely at the bracket... Says he won 2-0 in the semis. I believe the FLAGRANT MISCONDUCT was put under his name after the fact.

Either way... he should not be wrestling next weekend. If the kid is not smart enough to leave tobacco at home... he deserves what he gets. That's not a bash on the kid because I have no idea who the student athlete is, but I mean c'mon just have to be smarter than that.

I would like to hear about how the tobacco was found though....

Sonic1957
02-22-12, 07:00 PM
Good comment Takedownfor2. Rule states NO tobacco. Sorry for the kid to exit this way, but the Rules are the Rules

born_to_wrestle
02-22-12, 07:41 PM
This rule not only applies to the wrestler but the coaching staff as well. No tobacco use at any time on school grounds prior, during, or after an event. It is the officials responsibility to make the call if he/she sees it. In this case, it sounds like the official caught the wrestler before the finals. The wrestler is then penalized and done for the event. The state tournament starts at sectionals and ends the last day of the state tournament. You mess up at sectionals......you are done for the season!

Cthelites
02-22-12, 09:54 PM
Wow!!!!!!!

grant87
02-22-12, 11:13 PM
Who will dominate his bracket the most?

Attack84
02-23-12, 06:39 AM
Houston evans by far. He as the fewest ranked kids in his weight. 152 will be the most competetive, after Bo of course. You have 1,2,3, and 4th ranked kids in the weight.

popichulo69
02-23-12, 09:36 AM
The kid was in the locker room with it in his mouth then the official came in the locker room and busted him... very positive this is what happened

animl
02-23-12, 10:00 AM
Okay, this has nothing to do with discussion so far, but it does have to do with the Marion Coliseum. Does anyone know why it was changed from Marion High School to the Fairgrounds? From what I remember there aren't even locker rooms or showers for the kids there.

Attack84
02-23-12, 10:07 AM
The Marion HS gym is rather small, especially when compared to the scale of the rest of the school. In order to have the necessary amount of mats on the floor, one side of the bleachers must be closed. There just isnt enough room for the fans after that.

Tron999
02-23-12, 10:59 AM
Yeah the coliseum is by far my least favorite venue of the season. Nice viewing for the spectators, but crappy amenities.

tkdn_wizard
02-23-12, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know how many mats they are running? I would imagine 6, especially since it doesn't start until 4 p.m.

Coach M.Lane
02-23-12, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know how many mats they are running? I would imagine 6, especially since it doesn't start until 4 p.m.

5 mats right down the center.

FunkRoll
02-23-12, 12:19 PM
Just two championship on Firday night?

Groundhog
02-23-12, 12:28 PM
2 championship and a consi

CBCwrestling
02-23-12, 04:41 PM
How much is it to get in does anyone know

FallOffCradle
02-23-12, 04:43 PM
The place is a pit... I think its time for the NWDAB to seriously consider a large venue like Toledo or BG arenas and running the DII and DIII Districts together.

Wrestlin_Ross_Fan
02-23-12, 05:56 PM
Agreed, the venue allows for decent viewing of the action on the mats, but concessions, restrooms and seating are nothing compared to newer arenas.

Blodg
02-23-12, 06:20 PM
Agreed, the venue allows for decent viewing of the action on the mats, but concessions, restrooms and seating are nothing compared to newer arenas.

Agreed, I watched the JH State tournament there a few years ago. I even raced motocross on my quad in the same building many years ago!

02-23-12, 06:26 PM
Is it bleacher seating or bring your own chairs like BG Duals?

Wrestlin_Ross_Fan
02-23-12, 06:34 PM
there is a mixture of seats with backs and wooden benches w/o backs as I recall.

HLecter
02-23-12, 07:56 PM
The kid was in the locker room with it in his mouth then the official came in the locker room and busted him... very positive this is what happened

I would have looked the other way

coachjw
02-23-12, 08:20 PM
The place is a pit... I think its time for the NWDAB to seriously consider a large venue like Toledo or BG arenas and running the DII and DIII Districts together.

Everyone complained last year about the seating, couldn't see the mats. I think the fair grounds is fine. Plenty of seats, no wrestlers or fans around the mats should be good. Shower back at the hotels.
It would cost to much to rent BG or Toledo arenas. At least $3,000.00 a day and high prices at the concession stands, plus they could charge parking.

wanttoknow
02-23-12, 08:29 PM
lol...sites have to want to host. I think BG and Toledo have too much basketball.

cometrules
02-23-12, 08:31 PM
I would have looked the other way

I agree. I know it is a rule but it wasn't like he was smoking a joint or drinking a beer. Only one ref would have done this out of a 100 and it was the one that thinks he knows everything about everything. He always looks for the controversial calls.
Right Jack_ _ _.

topwrestler
02-23-12, 08:34 PM
The fairgrounds have improved. There is plenty of seating( chairs with backs). The indoor turf and wall pads are installed, so there will be plenty of protection. There are 4 locker rooms with showers. People complained about the high school gym last year. I guess, people are going to b!tch no matter what.

67mack
02-23-12, 08:43 PM
The fairgrounds have improved. There is plenty of seating( chairs with backs). The indoor turf and wall pads are installed, so there will be plenty of protection. There are 4 locker rooms with showers. People complained about the high school gym last year. I guess, people are going to b!tch no matter what.

Yep u cannot please them all. This is a much better venue for the fans. Put mats on the floor and the kids could care less how we feel. Good luck to all wrestlers!

josefsmoe
02-23-12, 08:44 PM
I agree. I know it is a rule but it wasn't like he was smoking a joint or drinking a beer. Only one ref would have done this out of a 100 and it was the one that thinks he knows everything about everything. He always looks for the controversial calls.
Right Jack_ _ _.

I'm with you guys on this. Rules are rules and we are supposed to be raising good young men as well as wrestlers, but not knowing this kid or the situation I think this is ridiculous.

FallOffCradle
02-23-12, 09:04 PM
If the Fairgrounds have improved I'd hate to see where they started before the improvements....

Sites like BG and Toledo and convention centers charge to host... Owens also charges and is a much nicer venue....

Kids do care... would you rather wrestle in a college arena or an indoor barrel racing facility that doubles as a tractor pull and monster truck venue...

This is Districts, and the Northwest District (with a few borrowed friends from Medina and Tipp City)... people qualified for this... this is a milestone, the Fairgrounds are OK for the Marion County Invite but this is Districts, second leg of the State tournament run and the last place many, many seniors will ever wrestle... it should be in a more prestigious venue.

cometrules
02-23-12, 09:42 PM
If the Fairgrounds have improved I'd hate to see where they started before the improvements....

Sites like BG and Toledo and convention centers charge to host... Owens also charges and is a much nicer venue....

Kids do care... would you rather wrestle in a college arena or an indoor barrel racing facility that doubles as a tractor pull and monster truck venue...

This is Districts, and the Northwest District (with a few borrowed friends from Medina and Tipp City)... people qualified for this... this is a milestone, the Fairgrounds are OK for the Marion County Invite but this is Districts, second leg of the State tournament run and the last place many, many seniors will ever wrestle... it should be in a more prestigious venue.
Your a cry baby. JUST STAY HOME.

Coach M.Lane
02-23-12, 10:01 PM
Everyone complained last year about the seating, couldn't see the mats. I think the fair grounds is fine. Plenty of seats, no wrestlers or fans around the mats should be good. Shower back at the hotels.
It would cost to much to rent BG or Toledo arenas. At least $3,000.00 a day and high prices at the concession stands, plus they could charge parking.

Right on. The fairgrounds is more than fine. Best of luck to the Marion crew putting this on. I'm sure it well be great!

FallOffCradle
02-23-12, 10:03 PM
Your a cry baby. JUST STAY HOME.

Lol and you my friend are probably an avid attendee of the tractor pull... or is it the monster trucks...

Isn't this a public forum where you can air your opinions whether tractor pull attendees agree or disagree? The last six years I have been at Owens in the DIII District, we attended the Marion County (where the kids weighed in in the live birth sheep barn) Invite and I can tell you in comparison Owens wins hands down. If that is not enough to support my side of the argument, the last time we were DII the NW District Tourney was held at Ontario High School a great venue.. large gym plenty of seating and parking and good concessions. Again I can say to you... better, hands down.

I will be there my friend, coaching and watching some great wrestling... in a crappy venue...

cometrules
02-23-12, 10:16 PM
Lol and you my friend are probably an avid attendee of the tractor pull... or is it the monster trucks...

Isn't this a public forum where you can air your opinions whether tractor pull attendees agree or disagree? The last six years I have been at Owens in the DIII District, we attended the Marion County (where the kids weighed in in the live birth sheep barn) Invite and I can tell you in comparison Owens wins hands down. If that is not enough to support my side of the argument, the last time we were DII the NW District Tourney was held at Ontario High School a great venue.. large gym plenty of seating and parking and good concessions. Again I can say to you... better, hands down.

I will be there my friend, coaching and watching some great wrestling... in a crappy venue...
First welcome to hillbilly heaven.
Next as you said you have been to the D3 Districts and no idea the hassles and crowds we have had the last few years.
By the way your going to wish you back in D3 after this weekend. You must be from Clear fork? If so you have one good one.

Coach M.Lane
02-23-12, 10:29 PM
Well the district rep told the GTWCA in December that BG's Anderson arena was taken from from his group for some reason I can't remember after they thought they had it lock for wrestling. He recognize that this district is bigger than a high school gym. It is not like the NWDB is not trying at this point. Ontario was nice but it was just a newer Galion. It was pack start to finish.

FallOffCradle
02-23-12, 10:36 PM
First welcome to hillbilly heaven.
Next as you said you have been to the D3 Districts and no idea the hassles and crowds we have had the last few years.
By the way your going to wish you back in D3 after this weekend. You must be from Clear fork? If so you have one good one.

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers my Appalachian friend, yes I am aware of the crowds at Marion last year (no different than any other District tourney) that venue wasn't well suited either (Fostoria had the District on two separate periods and that wasn't a good place either). Let's just agree to disagree over our like/dislike of the arena shall we? The fairgrounds will do for now and there will be 56 State Qualifier's at the end of the day on Saturday.

And btw, I am from Edison...

FallOffCradle
02-23-12, 10:42 PM
Well the district rep told the GTWCA in December that BG's Anderson arena was taken from from his group for some reason I can't remember after they thought they had it lock for wrestling. He recognize that this district is bigger than a high school gym. It is not like the NWDB is not trying at this point. Ontario was nice but it was just a newer Galion. It was pack start to finish.

Never attended Galion at the District, Ontario was packed but seemed to hold up. I didn't know that Anderson was in the works only to fall through... That is a shame especially since that would be ideal for doing a combined District (DII and DIII). Good luck to you and your wrestlers this weekend...

wrestlehard
02-23-12, 11:17 PM
I know a few years back they held D1 District at Toledo Waite, I think you can seat at least 600, 6 mats, three locker rooms, parking alittle rough but do-able and not a bad seat in the house. I know they do not have wrestling anymore but I think they could check next year?

daswami
02-24-12, 12:07 PM
Quick question. Will there be 2 rounds wrestle the first night or just one?

peanut23
02-24-12, 12:19 PM
Two championship and on consi round.

Blodg
02-24-12, 03:36 PM
1) Michel
2) Kopp
3) Pool
4) Stickley

1) Howard
2) Maurice
3) Seipel
4) Mossing

1) Taylor
2) Campbell
3) Minnick
4) Hagan

1) Jordan
2) Mason
3) Bowshier
4) Miller

1) Fickel
2) McDermitt
3) Mossing
4) Lang/Cheek

1) Majoy
2) Campbell
3) Nicely
4) Cramer

1) Kastl
2) Klosz
3) Faust
4) Viengmany

1) Jordan
2) Burns
3) Williams
4) Bergman

1) Jordan
2) Metz
3) Johnson
4) Chambers

1) O'Neill
2) Moore
3) Mancuso
4) Thayer

1) Evans
2) Smith
3) Cole
4) Patterson

1) Lehner
2) Harris
3) Alexander
4) King

1) Ward
2) Krall
3) Carrow
4) Oakes

1) Brown
2) Pickerel
3) Harmon
4) Amburgey

Bryanwrestling
02-24-12, 05:25 PM
Struble over Majoy by fall in 1st round

born_to_wrestle
02-24-12, 08:46 PM
any updates? Baums page, of course, is not updated.

MSU1
02-24-12, 09:30 PM
What are thoughts about intentionally forfeiting your first round match in order to get a better wrestleback in the consolations?

I think if your hurt, your hurt. If not, wrestle your draw. Is it good strategy or an unethical move?

Sonic1957
02-24-12, 09:44 PM
I think it is unethical....They earned the spot, wrestle it, if not, let the Alternate in!

born_to_wrestle
02-24-12, 09:52 PM
Unethical? really? This is not different from a coach switching wrestlers at a dual meet to try to win. Why should it be unethical because an individual wrestler wants to give himself/herself a better shot at state? Ok when it is team, not ok when it is individual......that sounds shippy!

fivebucks
02-24-12, 10:00 PM
What are thoughts about intentionally forfeiting your first round match in order to get a better wrestleback in the consolations?

I think if your hurt, your hurt. If not, wrestle your draw. Is it good strategy or an unethical move?

Your profile states you are a Graham fan. I am sure you are aware of the negativity that program receives for some "strategy" used like move ins/transfers/repeating Jr high . Not a slam but just an observation of what happens at many high profile.schools. You are referring to an unranked wrestler who has never made it to Districts.
Really? MSU1, of your five posts,three are to attack a certain coach and his team. Kindly resolve your personal issues through a different method than sour grape posts.

cut'em
02-24-12, 10:04 PM
FYI...you don't "earn" your spot. Your sectional's lines are randomly drawn in relation to the other three sectionals. A wrestler that defaults to consos is doing nothing more than putting his fate back into his own hands, as opposed to giving it to blind luck.

Sonic1957
02-24-12, 10:12 PM
Sorry! didn't mean to step on so many toes!.....Just stating my opinion!

Sonic1957
02-24-12, 10:32 PM
YES You did Earn your spot at district! Sorry about the draw....it sucks...but it is what it is! WRESTLE!

wash.c.h.legend
02-24-12, 11:00 PM
play it how ever u want....roll the dice if u wanna forfeit......make the move u think will give u the best shot.....who cares wat anyone else thinks.....

fanatical
02-25-12, 07:40 AM
Yes it is unethical, just like tapping out to avoid the pin.

mataddict
02-25-12, 03:31 PM
Pathetic that most districts have updated bracket to the finals and marion has not done anything since last night!

said_aouita
02-25-12, 03:36 PM
Pathetic that most districts have updated bracket to the finals and marion has not done anything since last night!

Welcome to Ohio.

Blodg
02-25-12, 03:36 PM
Quite a few returning state qualifiers and some placers eliminated in this brutal district. I wonder how many returning state qualifiers were knocked out at the other D2 districts?

Saw one if the most unsportsmanlike fits ever thrown by the Clyde 126, one of those returning state qualifiers who lost his go-to match.

craceman2009
02-25-12, 03:57 PM

Imagine that.

krs
02-25-12, 06:23 PM
Top ten with no finals results yet

Place Score Name
1 198.50 Graham Local
2 100.00 Clyde
3 97.50 Wauseon
4 91.00 Lexington
5 87.00 Edison
6 85.00 Central Catholic
7 79.00 Padua Franciscan
8 62.50 Oak Harbor
9 57.00 Indian Lake
10 49.00 Kenton Ridge
49.00 Norwalk
49.00 Perkins

krs
02-25-12, 06:24 PM
Championship - Semifinals
Wt: 106
Eli Stickley (9), Graham Local Dec Matt Pool (11), Central Catholic, 7-2
Jude Michel (11), Edison Dec John Martin (11), Wapakoneta, 3-2
Wt: 113
John Maurice (12), Bellefontaine Dec Wade Hodges (9), Wauseon, 7-0
Eli Seipel (9), Graham Local Dec Dalton Howard (11), Edison, 3-1
Wt: 120
Nate Hagan (9), Central Catholic Dec Calvin Campbell (12), Lexington, 2-1 UTB
Ryan Taylor (12), Graham Local T-Fall Beau Minnick (10), Clyde, 21-4
Wt: 126
Bobby Mason (12), Padua Franciscan M-Dec Blake Miller (10), Clyde, 11-1
Micah Jordan (10), Graham Local Fall Cody Pontious (12), Wauseon, 1:24
Wt: 132
Brent Fickel (12), Padua Franciscan Fall Heath Lange (10), Indian Lake, 1:03
Colin McDermitt (12), Shawnee Dec Damon Cheek (12), Bellvue, 4-3 UTB
Wt: 138
Cameron Campbell (12), Perkins Dec Nathan Valentine (11), Wapakoneta, 9-2
Dalton Nicely (12), Wauseon Dec Shelden Struble (11), Bryan, 9-4
Wt: 145
Jimmy Klosz (12), Holy Name Dec Sam Viengmany (12), Central Catholic, 3-2 TB
Blake Kastl (12), Graham Local Dec Jake Faust (12), Lexington, 5-3 SV
Wt: 152
Bo Jordan (11), Graham Local T-Fall Alex Bergman (12), Oak Harbor, 25-10
Seth Williams (10), Columbian Dec Kyle Burns (12), Edison, 6-5
Wt: 160
Isaac Jordan (12), Graham Local Fall Dixon Johnson (12), Shelby, 1:43
Brad Metz (12), Lexington Dec Jared Chambers (11), Oak Harbor, 8-1
Wt: 170
Chris Moore (11), Clyde Dec Jacob Kasper (11), Lexington, 4-2
Brandon O'Neill (12), Clearfork M-Dec Brendan Adkinson (12), Bellvue, 18-5
Wt: 182
Brad Smith (11), Clyde T-Fall Dylan Hermes (10), Perkins, 18-2
Huston Evans (12), Graham Local T-Fall Jordan Cole (12), Edison, 17-2
Wt: 195
Josh Lehner (11), Lexington Dec Jake Alexander (12), Norwalk, 5-1
Sam Harris (11), Urbana Dec Gabe King (12), Kenton, 13-7 TB
Wt: 220
Zane Krall (11), Wauseon Dec Tyler Carrow (12), Buckeye, 5-2 TB
Billy Ward (12), Clyde T-Fall Chaz Price (11), Madison Comp., 17-2
Wt: 285
Mike Brown (12), Sandusky T-Fall Terrin Contreras (11), Van Wert, 18-3
Levi Pickerel (12), Central Catholic Dec Beau Harmon (11), Benjamin Logan, 6-3

krs
02-25-12, 06:25 PM
Consolation - Semifinals
Wt: 106
Matt Pool (11), Central Catholic Dec Major Moore (10), Willard, 6-4
John Martin (11), Wapakoneta Dec Derik Kopp (11), Columbian, 7-4
Wt: 113
Wade Hodges (9), Wauseon Dec Nick Bergman (9), Oak Harbor, 5-3 SV
Dalton Howard (11), Edison Dec Adam Tepper (11), Bay, 11-4
Wt: 120
Calvin Campbell (12), Lexington Dec Zach Morrow (11), Wauseon, 7-6
Beau Minnick (10), Clyde Dec Alec Bowlick (11), Oak Harbor, 3-2
Wt: 126
Jake Montana (12), Norwalk Fall Blake Miller (10), Clyde, 4:52
Preston Bowshier (10), Kenton Ridge Dec Cody Pontious (12), Wauseon, 10-4
Wt: 132
Heath Lange (10), Indian Lake Fall Nate Henkle (10), Graham Local, 1:58
Alex Mossing (10), Central Catholic Dec Damon Cheek (12), Bellvue, 6-5
Wt: 138
Luke Cramer (11), Oak Harbor Dec Nathan Valentine (11), Wapakoneta, 5-1
Shelden Struble (11), Bryan Dec Tyler Majoy (12), Edison, 6-4
Wt: 145
Sam Viengmany (12), Central Catholic Dec Casey Flores (11), Clyde, 5-1
Jake Faust (12), Lexington Fall L.J. Henderson (10), Indian Lake, 1:41
Wt: 152
Alex Bergman (12), Oak Harbor Dec Devin Spencer (11), Bowling Green, 7-1
Kyle Burns (12), Edison Dec Zach Green (12), Elida, 6-5
Wt: 160
Dixon Johnson (12), Shelby Dec Jacob Welch (12), Eastwood, 3-2
Jared Chambers (11), Oak Harbor Dec Aaron Schuette (10), Wauseon, 2-0 SV
Wt: 170
Jacob Kasper (11), Lexington Dec Jake Thayer (12), Buckeye, 6-5
Bobby Mounts (12), Kenton Ridge Fall Brendan Adkinson (12), Bellvue, 4:17
Wt: 182
Kyle Patterson (11), Eastwood Dec Dylan Hermes (10), Perkins, 4-2
Jordan Cole (12), Edison Fall Ryan McCullough (9), Padua Franciscan, 2:05
Wt: 195
Jake Alexander (12), Norwalk M-Dec John Workman (10), Perkins, 11-3
Gabe King (12), Kenton Fall Colin Day (12), Kenton Ridge, 3:15
Wt: 220
Tyler Carrow (12), Buckeye Dec Deven Lloyd (12), Norwalk, 4-3
Jesse LeMaster (12), Indian Lake Dec Chaz Price (11), Madison Comp., 3-1
Wt: 285
Terrin Contreras (11), Van Wert Fall Devin Cox (12), Madison Comp., 1:25
Beau Harmon (11), Benjamin Logan Dec Josh Amburgey (12), Brookside, 6-3

FunkRoll
02-25-12, 06:51 PM
The consi semis was the most exciting round of wrestling i have ever watched. Some many great matches, crazy things, and a lot of great wrestlers not qualifying. I had the shakes and i wasnt even coaching. Insane!!!

67mack
02-25-12, 07:57 PM
Quite a few returning state qualifiers and some placers eliminated in this brutal district. I wonder how many returning state qualifiers were knocked out at the other D2 districts?

Saw one if the most unsportsmanlike fits ever thrown by the Clyde 126, one of those returning state qualifiers who lost his go-to match.

Wow way to get that on Yappi like what 10 minutes after the match? Emotions run high in these types of tournaments! I'm sure the kid will be dealt with accordingly.

Blodg
02-25-12, 08:08 PM
Wow way to get that on Yappi like what 10 minutes after the match? Emotions run high in these types of tournaments! I'm sure the kid will be dealt with accordingly.

Of course emotions run high but that is not an excuse to act in an unsportsmanlike manner or everyone would.

Blodg
02-25-12, 08:15 PM
Look out for MIller, Minnick , Smith, Moore, and Ward of Clyde

Clyde did great as a team but none of the kids you warned everyone to "look out for" won. Miller didn't make it out in 5th, Minnick was 4th, Moore, Smith, and Ward all took 2nd. Anyone know why Moore forfeited the championship match?

Sand Man
02-25-12, 08:23 PM
Minnick took 4th and Miller 5th

cardmanb
02-25-12, 08:51 PM
Clyde did great as a team but none of the kids you warned everyone to "look out for" won. Miller was 4th, Minnick didn't make it out in 5th, Moore, Smith, and Ward all took 2nd. Anyone know why Moore forfeited the championship match?

Are you serious? i hardly believe that not winnning is under performing. One guy doesnt make it out and you make it a point to call them out. Unbelievable! I have absolutely no connection to Clyde, but they wrestled great in the best D2 district in the state maybe the best district regardless of Division. Great job to the Clyde kids and all those that might it out of the Marion District.

Blodg
02-25-12, 09:03 PM
Are you serious? i hardly believe that not winnning is under performing. One guy doesnt make it out and you make it a point to call them out. Unbelievable! I have absolutely no connection to Clyde, but they wrestled great in the best D2 district in the state maybe the best district regardless of Division. Great job to the Clyde kids and all those that might it out of the Marion District.

You must have missed the conversation. I picked everyone of those Clyde kids myself to make it to State and Sonic said we were underestimating Clyde and those kids. I agree they did great I was only pointing out to Sonic that no one underestimated them as they performed about as predicted or even sightly worse. Not that unbelievable.

cardmanb
02-25-12, 09:28 PM
I looked up the conversation. It was under the hardest district thread. Sonic was simply stating that those kids should be considered as a threat to make it out not necessarily win the district title. I agree with you that no one underestimated those kids and performed as predicted. (even you called out Miller as the highest at risk kid not to make it out). However, I dont see the point of quoting Sonic, his prediction was not out of line. Once again great job to the kids from Clyde and all the the qualifiers from Marion.

peanut23
02-25-12, 09:48 PM
I would like to comment the facilities were nice this year. We have wrestled there many times and it was a better setting then the highschool gyms we have been packed in in years past.

cardmanb
02-25-12, 09:53 PM
Peanut,
Congrats to Sheldon and to the Bryan Wrestling Family. The drought is now over. I'll be rooting for him in C-Bus.

Sonic1957
02-25-12, 10:20 PM
Congrats to all of the wrestlers that made it out of that MEAT-GRINDER......Good job to all!

peanut23
02-25-12, 10:33 PM
Thanks Cardman. I don't think people realize how much this means to our whole group. Shelden has worked his but off for 12 years for this and he is just happy to represent all the kids and coaches in that time that were so close to doing it. VERY PROUD OF HIM!!!

Sonic1957
02-25-12, 10:40 PM
good luck to Sheldon! He wrestled well and did a great job! Hat's off to him!

MikeMattin
02-25-12, 11:55 PM
Congrats Sheldon.
Looks like he is living up to the shirt he earned this summer.
"I did it"

Mike mattin

bucksman
02-26-12, 12:02 AM
I didn't count it up, but it seems like everyone but Toledo CC and Lexington took a hit from this district.

Graham probably qualifies double digits if they're in the Goshen composition.

Milan Edison only gets four to state. They've been awesome every weeked this year but this one.

We'll see it in the state tournament how loaded this district tournament was.

2winitall
02-26-12, 06:36 AM
I didn't count it up, but it seems like everyone but Toledo CC and Lexington took a hit from this district.

Milan Edison only gets four to state. They've been awesome every weeked this year but this one.

Most of them will place at state!

uofrd
02-26-12, 07:36 AM
Crazy awesome matches from start to finish! I liked the venue a lot, much better than the gym with the auditeria attached. I watched some ridiculously talented kids in those 5-6 place matches definitely worthy of the state tourney. Best of luck to all next week.

djm0007
02-26-12, 09:34 AM
How about tripod scoreboards? Positioning of the scoreboards was such that you were not able to see what was going on each mat at all times.

Blodg
02-26-12, 10:00 AM
The wrestling was great and as many said there were so many quality matches. The entire round of "go-to" matches were incredible to watch and as someone predicted the spectators got their money's worth. The downside of our entertainment is the quality kids who are sitting home next week.

There were many examples of this but one of the kids I felt the worse for was Cheek from Bellevue. In his semi-final match he was in OT with McDermitt and had 3 (or more) takedowns on the edge of the mat where any one of the 3 could have been called a T2 and yet none of them were. He was so close to winning the match and after 8 or 9 minutes of wrestling it was obvious these were two equally talented wrestlers. After losing by 1 in the UTB from there Cheek loses his go-to match by 1 and McDermitt goes on to take 2nd.

It was heartbreaking watching the reactions and emotions of some of those kids, especially the seniors, who realized they were not going to be a state qualifier after putting so much into wrestling.

Good luck to all the qualifiers at state and for those seniors who didn't make it remember to put the competitive drive you had for wrestling into your education/career/family and you will be succesful in life!

Blodg
02-26-12, 10:04 AM
How about tripod scoreboards? Positioning of the scoreboards was such that you were not able to see what was going on each mat at all times.

Yes! I meant to mention this and was suprised that no one else had said anything yet. The scoreboard positioning was horrible for a District tournament where it was not possible to see all the scoreboards for each mat no matter where you were sitting. That was ridiculous and the tripod type of scoreboard should be a requirement for a District tournament.

toledodean
02-26-12, 10:38 AM
Yes! I meant to mention this and was suprised that no one else had said anything yet. The scoreboard positioning was horrible for a District tournament where it was not possible to see all the scoreboards for each mat no matter where you were sitting. That was ridiculous and the tripod type of scoreboard should be a requirement for a District tournament.

Sometimes you had no idea who was winning or losing till the hand was raised. Terrible without triangle clocks on stands!

sportsfan59
02-26-12, 11:14 AM
Why no National Anthem? No Parade of Champions!!! For many of these kids this would have been the last Parade (a little recognition for a lot of work that paid off). The scoreboard situation was rediculous. The PA set up was worthless. The concessions where very good...props go to them. Parking not so bad (just find some place to put your car). Made the drive to watch good wrestling instead of going to Owens. Glad I made the trip for the wrestling...sorry for the quality of tourny. You would think a District Tournament would be all class. I would have to say that the 2 sectional tournys I went to last week (Plymouth on Fri and Medina on Sat) both blew this out of the water and Props to them).

I'm sorry for the powers that be that put this District together. As said before many state quality kids are staying home.

djm0007
02-26-12, 12:09 PM
I have to agree about the National Anthem. It was sorely missed. Made the event seem less important as well as not having a Parade of Champions. Hopefully, the feedback is taken as constructive and not critical and the changes are made for next year.

wrestlehard
02-26-12, 03:09 PM
Like you said it means something to these's kids, for some this was the last time they will ever wrestle a match and we should make it as nice as we can. Great weekend of wrestling. Never been to a district tourament and it was great to see all the top quality matches from the first round to the last match of the day.

wanttoknow
02-26-12, 07:31 PM
A good tournament overall. good facility and quality wrestling as expected. I liked the coliseum much better than Harding HS. even with weak PA, and no tripod scoreboards. All the issues are easy fix for next year and I would guess they will be addressed. Congrats to all that survived the Landmine! Good luck in Columbus

usawrestling
02-27-12, 07:37 PM
Why no National Anthem? No Parade of Champions!!! For many of these kids this would have been the last Parade (a little recognition for a lot of work that paid off). The scoreboard situation was rediculous. The PA set up was worthless. The concessions where very good...props go to them. Parking not so bad (just find some place to put your car). Made the drive to watch good wrestling instead of going to Owens. Glad I made the trip for the wrestling...sorry for the quality of tourny. You would think a District Tournament would be all class. I would have to say that the 2 sectional tournys I went to last week (Plymouth on Fri and Medina on Sat) both blew this out of the water and Props to them).

I'm sorry for the powers that be that put this District together. As said before many state quality kids are staying home.

Im confused, how was this district different from others? did they not have 16wrestlers per weight class coming from four sectionals and qualify 4 wrestlers to state like the rest of the state districts????

FallOffCradle
02-27-12, 08:54 PM
Im confused, how was this district different from others? did they not have 16wrestlers per weight class coming from four sectionals and qualify 4 wrestlers to state like the rest of the state districts????

Honestly?

tkdn_wizard
02-27-12, 10:49 PM

Really?

State placers and state qualifiers losing in the first round, I believe 8 weight classes with 7 wrestlers that were ranked in the top 16 in the state competing in the same weight class...... yeah there is nothing different about this district at all

Hayduke
02-28-12, 10:23 AM

Welcome to the "Graham Effect"
9 champions last year @ Goshen
8 champions this year @ Marion

Now you know the rest of the story......
Graham IS THE MEAT GRINDER
not Marion.

bucksman
02-28-12, 10:28 AM
Hayduke:

You're off kilter here.

At Goshen last year, Graham got 10 out, other Tipp sectional schools 14.

At Marion this year, Graham got eight out, the others seven, total of 15 ... which is about what the non-Graham contingency got last yr at Goshen

The Marion district was solid w/o Graham, a landmine w/ Graham (& its sectional). The Goshen district was somewhere below solid in terms of depth w/ Graham and horrible w/o Graham.

That, my friends, IS the rest of the story!

FunkRoll
02-28-12, 10:29 AM
Hayduke...You obviously haven't been to this district to watch it then!

Hayduke
02-28-12, 12:48 PM
Hayduke:

You're off kilter here.

At Goshen last year, Graham got 10 out, other Tipp sectional schools 14.

At Marion this year, Graham got eight out, the others seven, total of 15 ... which is about what the non-Graham contingency got last yr at Goshen

The Marion district was solid w/o Graham, a landmine w/ Graham (& its sectional). The Goshen district was somewhere below solid in terms of depth w/ Graham and horrible w/o Graham.

That, my friends, IS the rest of the story!

Mr. Obvious,

For the record, I also wish for the sake of parity Graham remained at Goshen.
I know your incessant banter about Goshen by rote. You missed the point.
EVERYONE knows the world isnt flat and all the above is true.
Your new thread: Wrestlers with previous state experience not making it to state proves the LANDMINE is named GRAHAM. You almost had me convinced Marion would humble the Graham Juggernaut. It reminds me of the Jack Nicholson quote in The Two Jakes: "In this town I'm the leper with the most fingers". Graham dominated lowly Goshen and now the ballyhooed Marion.
If you are not Graham you are, in 8 classes, wrestling for 3 spots regardless of District. They are far superior to EVERONE in D2. Good luck to ALL wrestlers!

bucksman
02-28-12, 01:31 PM
Hayduke:
Again, you've got blinders. The rest of the district is pretty solid too. See stats from past years.

bucksman
02-28-12, 01:44 PM
And, btw, I think Graham quite possibly picks up HVY and 132 if at Goshen in addition to what they got.

The other Tipp sectional schools saw their production cut down (14 in 2011 vs 7 in 2012, SQ). At 132 & 138, Graham kids weren't part of the puzzle (yes, 132 did have a Tipp sectional qualifier). At 126, Graham was part of puzzle, as was another Tipp sectional kid.

peanut23
02-28-12, 01:50 PM
Bottom line Graham is a dynasty and this District is brutal. Congrats to all that made it out.

usawrestling
02-28-12, 09:24 PM
And, btw, I think Graham quite possibly picks up HVY and 132 if at Goshen in addition to what they got.

The other Tipp sectional schools saw their production cut down (14 in 2011 vs 7 in 2012, SQ). At 132 & 138, Graham kids weren't part of the puzzle (yes, 132 did have a Tipp sectional qualifier). At 126, Graham was part of puzzle, as was another Tipp sectional kid.

Bucksman

I believe your production numbers are off for Tipp sectional schools... actually it is even from 2011 and 2012 numbers from my count... i believe you counted all the sectionals schools from 2011, but some of those schools (oakwood, tecumseh etc) from 2011 were not in the sectional in 2012 and would not count towards the total.....

i have it 7 qualifiers for 2011 and 7 qualifiers for 2012.. so actually no differences for them when you compare Goshen to Marion for this year.

I do agree with Hayduke.. in the end it shows more Grahams dominance overall regardless what District they are in.... they are just amazing.. even at the best district Div. II had to offer, they had one finals match that was close, the rest they just rolled right through with i believe 3/4 Seniors on the team.

This on going discussion about what district is more stacked etc it is what it is, discussion for fans, but reality is the State does not gerrymander districts to make one stronger, weaker or even in assuming competition in any sport.. they take politics out of the discussion and decide on geography and enrollment in the end.

bucksman
02-28-12, 09:50 PM
usawrestling:

I counted the schools that were in the sectional for that individual year. 14 wrestlers that exited the Tipp sectional in 2011 - other than those competing for St. Paris Graham - made state through the Goshen district, while 7 that exited in 2012 made state through the Marion district.

The underlying support of the Marion district is much stronger than the underyling teams in the Goshen district.

TheMechanic
02-28-12, 10:23 PM
usawrestling:

I counted the schools that were in the sectional for that individual year. 14 wrestlers that exited the Tipp sectional in 2011 - other than those competing for St. Paris Graham - made state through the Goshen district, while 7 that exited in 2012 made state through the Marion district.

The underlying support of the Marion district is much stronger than the underyling teams in the Goshen district.

Bucks - Just curious, of those 14 (non-Graham wrestlers) how many of them were seniors in 2011?

Best of luck to all wrestlers at states this weekend.

Hayduke
02-29-12, 12:05 PM
Bucksman

I believe your production numbers are off for Tipp sectional schools... actually it is even from 2011 and 2012 numbers from my count... i believe you counted all the sectionals schools from 2011, but some of those schools (oakwood, tecumseh etc) from 2011 were not in the sectional in 2012 and would not count towards the total.....

i have it 7 qualifiers for 2011 and 7 qualifiers for 2012.. so actually no differences for them when you compare Goshen to Marion for this year.

I do agree with Hayduke.. in the end it shows more Grahams dominance overall regardless what District they are in.... they are just amazing.. even at the best district Div. II had to offer, they had one finals match that was close, the rest they just rolled right through with i believe 3/4 Seniors on the team.

This on going discussion about what district is more stacked etc it is what it is, discussion for fans, but reality is the State does not gerrymander districts to make one stronger, weaker or even in assuming competition in any sport.. they take politics out of the discussion and decide on geography and enrollment in the end.

USA Wrestling,

Don't expect Bucksman to admit that Graham is an ELITE, heads above the rest, when compared to Marion. If he is one thing - he is an unconscionable loyalist. Bile would erupt in his mouth if he ever copped to such blaspheme. All it does is provoke him to recycle his copious stats on how much better Marion is than Goshen. He does enjoy reiterating the obvious.

Despite the mountain of disparaging remarks over tha past few months regarding Goshen, THREE non Graham wrestlers stood on top of the podium last year and were crowned Champions.(Marion had one). The "Graham Effect" will significantly bolster the Marion numbers. Perhaps they will even exceed the Goshen District - Champions count from last year of 9. I wish them all well. Good Luck Men!

bucksman
02-29-12, 12:46 PM
Hayduke:

Even with the Graham wrestlers, the Goshen district still had the LEAST PLACERS and the MOST TWO-AND-OUT eliminations last year of any DII district.

FunkRoll
02-29-12, 01:21 PM
Bucksman...just wait till state is over so they can see the actually data from state and then maybe they will get it. But like you said the results were already there when they included Graham...imagine what the data will look like now without Graham.

xredgrappler
02-29-12, 01:26 PM
USA Wrestling,
Despite the mountain of disparaging remarks over tha past few months regarding Goshen, THREE non Graham wrestlers stood on top of the podium last year and were crowned Champions.(Marion had one). The "Graham Effect" will significantly bolster the Marion numbers. Perhaps they will even exceed the Goshen District - Champions count from last year of 9. I wish them all well. Good Luck Men!

6 other schools had a champion besides Graham this year. It's really not hard to check your bs when baumspage has the results. You Goshen Cry babies really are annoying. Accept it, your districts sucks on total. I'm sure the kids that wrestle there are happy about it because more will get to move on to state wile state quality kids watch from the stands from Marion.
BTW I'll pick Marion to win 11 of the 14 weight classes and have a kid wrestling for the championship in 13 of the 14, plus i'd venture to say 40 placers. Goshen might place less kids the Marion has champs.

Wrestlin_Ross_Fan
02-29-12, 02:45 PM
6 other schools had a champion besides Graham this year. It's really not hard to check your bs when baumspage has the results.

xred,
I realize there are 14 weight classes at each district and 14 - 8 Graham champs = 6. The comment made by Heyduke was in reference to 2011 State Champs. There were 3 Champs from the Goshen District (not including the Graham Champs) compared to 1 Champ from Marion District.

Scrambler12
02-29-12, 02:45 PM
Also, last year the Marion district WITHOUT GRAHAM had 30 placers, second behind Firestone(31), and the LEAST amount of 2 and outs. Add in Graham, Edison, and Indian Lake who we're all in the top 10 this year and you have the meat grinder. The numbers don't lie.

Wrestlin_Ross_Fan
02-29-12, 04:41 PM
I'll agree that Marion is very good. This year it is exceptional and that is what the post-state stats will show.

Graham stole the show at the District.

It also was a perfect storm this year for Marion besides adding Graham. Factors to the storm
A. adding the rest of the Tipp Sectional,
B. adding in Edison (a Top 5 D3 team) who qualified maybe 5?
C. the weight class reduction in the 126-145 range which cramped the strongest portion of the district.

Last year there were 50 schools represented at the Goshen District compared to 35 schools represented at the Marion District. This year it was about even and that is the parity the District was looking to accomplish.

With the strength of the district, it does not imply that the Goshen District "sucks" any more than implying that the rest of the Marion district sucks because Graham took 8 champs.

Best of luck to all wrestlers.

bucksman
02-29-12, 06:24 PM
WRF,

The pc stuff at the end of the post don't change facts.

The 50 schools at Goshen didnt do as well as the 35-40 at Marion last year. Them's the facts.

Blodg
02-29-12, 06:28 PM
Also, last year the Marion district WITHOUT GRAHAM had 30 placers, second behind Firestone(31), and the LEAST amount of 2 and outs. Add in Graham, Edison, and Indian Lake who we're all in the top 10 this year and you have the meat grinder. The numbers don't lie.

Exactly! Hayduke wants to only look at the champs to compare districts LOL?

Sonic1957
02-29-12, 06:46 PM
Hey it is what it is! Let's wrestle tomorrow and see where the chips fall.....So tired of listening to all the Cry-baby BullSh!t Let the kids settle it on the mat! Nough said!

usawrestling
02-29-12, 07:41 PM
Hey it is what it is! Let's wrestle tomorrow and see where the chips fall.....So tired of listening to all the Cry-baby BullSh!t Let the kids settle it on the mat! Nough said!

Well i think you would hear much less of the cry-baby bull from Marion if they would accept Graham is part of there district for at least two or probably more years, i suspect that if anyother team but Graham was included in their district you would have heard very little about the districts.

xredgrappler
02-29-12, 08:01 PM
Well i think you would hear much less of the cry-baby bull from Marion if they would accept Graham is part of there district for at least two or probably more years, i suspect that if anyother team but Graham was included in their district you would have heard very little about the districts.

So lets take Graham out of the equation. Then you only have to face the best of Wauseon, Clyde, Lexington, Edison, Todelo Central Catholic, Padua, Oak Harbor, Perkins, Tiffin, Kenton, Buckeye, Eastwood, and Clearfork have. That's only 65 ranked wrestlers, 40 of which are projected placers. How dare anyone suggest that this district is tough! We should all revel in the difficulty of a district with 31 ranked wrestlers, 14 of which are projected placers. Its clearly only Graham that makes this district the deepest district in the state. If you take them out there's clear competitive balance between Goshen and Marion.

usawrestling
02-29-12, 09:39 PM
So lets take Graham out of the equation. Then you only have to face the best of Wauseon, Clyde, Lexington, Edison, Todelo Central Catholic, Padua, Oak Harbor, Perkins, Tiffin, Kenton, Buckeye, Eastwood, and Clearfork have. That's only 65 ranked wrestlers, 40 of which are projected placers. How dare anyone suggest that this district is tough! We should all revel in the difficulty of a district with 31 ranked wrestlers, 14 of which are projected placers. Its clearly only Graham that makes this district the deepest district in the state. If you take them out there's clear competitive balance between Goshen and Marion.

this is district is and has been tough.. no debate there but still NO MATCH for GRAHAM.. and that is what the complaining has been about....

Cincinnati is a dominating football power in the State in Div. I and there is very little complaining about what you have to go through to get to playoffs, Graham comes into the Marion district in wrestling and all hell breaks loose on here...

Sand Man
02-29-12, 09:58 PM
this is district is and has been tough.. no debate there but still NO MATCH for GRAHAM.. and that is what the complaining has been about....

Cincinnati is a dominating football power in the State in Div. I and there is very little complaining about what you have to go through to get to playoffs, Graham comes into the Marion district in wrestling and all hell breaks loose on here...

Now add Cleveland St. Eds or St Ignatius to the Cincinnati area for football, and thats what I think people are complaining about.

bucksman
02-29-12, 11:01 PM
I don't believe the teams in the district care about if they can beat Graham or not. The grievances have been about the fact that legit state level kids are being displaced from the state tournament due to this composition, while lesser kids from another district are getting into the state tournament.

Additionally, the district was pretty solid without Graham and the rest of that sectional being injected. While the district Graham and the rest of that sectional was taken out of is not good at all, and was not that good even with Graham and the such.

Last year, the Goshen district (with Graham and its sectional) had the LEAST placers (24) and the MOST two-and-out (19). The Marion district (without Graham and its sectional) had the second most placers (30, to Firestone's 31) and the least two-and-out (9). The Marion district also had the best overall record last year among the districts.

I don't see much value being gained here, so the thread's being closed, and we can revisit it with numbers from the next few days.