PDA

View Full Version : dust off this thread

jimbo
01-25-08, 03:56 PM
Ok - so I will start something... Anyone have a good read on this year's baseball team? What can we expect with the new conference???
Go Comets!! :cool:

Grandpa1
01-26-08, 11:31 AM
Can't help you with baseball news in Solon, but the Mars Hill College baseball roster lists sophomore Andy Rudnay. He transferred from Mercyhurst down here near the Asheville area.

Mars Hill starts their season next Saturday and play all their games in NC, SC & TN.

Continuing with alumni news,

At Christmas I spoke with Aleksey Tigay. He got in 10 games at Carnegie Mellon last year but injured his other knee. But that won't stop him in this his Junior year.

Down in Dayton, Steve Valentino lettered (actually a plaque these days) and scored his first touchdown. Head Coach Mike Kelly stepped down this week after 27 seasons at Dayton with a record of 246-54-1, which was the best active record in FCS (Div.1-AA) football. The defensive coordinator, Rick Chamberlin, was named head coach the next day. He will start his 29th season coaching at Dayton where he played linebacker. The coaching change is expected to be nearly seamless.

I read about a very good hockey team and girls basketball at Solon. Too bad the boys basketball fell so far. I miss the forum talk.