PDA

View Full Version : Charles Matthews

jimbo
02-09-07, 10:25 AM
Charles is getting alot of press at WVU;

"Solon, Ohio, native, Charles Matthews was one of the fastest players Rodriguez and his coaching staff saw on film this year. Not surprisingly, he is also a high school track letterman."

Good luck to him as a Mountaineer!!

Metacomet
02-11-07, 03:26 AM
jimbo,

You da man!! You got the helmet avatar. I'm going to have to find a different Solon logo.

Congratulations to Charles. His recruitment by the Mountaineers proves that if you're a good-enough athlete, Division I schools will find you. Charles was wasted in large part by Solon this year, because the Comets just couldn't get him the ball on a consistent basis. It's a shame, because he was an electric player; Solon hasn't had many wideouts over the years with Matthews' big-play capability.

Hopefullly, Deloreen Martin can move on to college ball eventually. He's got DI talent. I'd like to see him sign with a junior college, or maybe a post-graduate institution like Kiski Prep or Hargrave Military Academy. Deloreen has the talent to play major college ball, he just needs some seasoning and some work on his academics.

Hurri-Comet
02-12-07, 08:23 PM
Yep, great avatar Jimbo. I think I've seen that helmet before. About a few thousand times. Just got our new computer up, delivered a few hours ago. Not really functioning perfectly yet, have to read all about this new windows "Vista". I know I posted something on the high school football thread about C.Matthews. But anyway I wish the best for him and for this Solon Forum. :cool:

jimbo
08-06-08, 06:41 AM
Anyone know what happened to Charles at WVU?? He is no longer on the roster.....

Hurri-Comet
08-06-08, 08:39 PM
Uhh oh! Darn it! I'll do some checking on my end.

Hurri-Comet
08-09-08, 04:19 PM
Hmmm, didnt like what I heard today. Off the team due to breaking rules!

MUC-PURPLERAIDERS
08-12-08, 11:07 AM
Charles is an electric player, but has to get some other things straightened out. Let's hope this young man turns things around!

Grandpa1
08-28-08, 09:15 PM
Too bad about Matthews. He best start working on the rest of his life or things worse than getting booted off a football team will be his new press clipping.

Frankly, was surprised at the WVU offer. Charles wasn't on a very spectacular team so his stats were just good. And, you don't get to Div.1 on speed alone. So he was lucky and blew it away! Sad.