Wrestling Program

How does the program look this year. Anybody to watch out for? Has Copley started a youth program yet? Who is the coach. I wrestled for Copley back in the day. Class of 1992!!

The wrestling team may be down a notch this year due to 5 seniors graduating and another out for the season due to injury. We may not have a 103 or heavyweight this year either but the wrestlers we do should be pretty tough. Dittrich is a for sure state qualifier and possibly a state placer. District and possible state qualifiers include Dombrady, Habash, and Tomayko.

Coaches for the high school are head coach Jim Dies, assistants coaches Oberst, Bob Dies, and Darby.

As far as the youth program goes, Copley has had one for quite some time and lately, they have been pretty good. Last year, they had one state placer and the year before, they had three state placers.

Thanks 100 club. Good luck to the team this year. My Senior year we only had 3 Seniors. and 2 juniors. Me and 2 other guys had a great season, but it all crumbled in the Suburban league Finals. I believe all 3 of us were undefeated in the league. We were all upset in the championship match. Bad day all around. The coaches at that time were Coach Henderson at the highschool and Larry Banner at the Middleschool.

Well I will be watching, work hard and good luck. When it's all over you'll miss it and wish you could go back and do it all again. I coach a private youth team that is full of National and State Champs. I love being part of it again. My own son is 9 and a 2 time state champ and he took 7th in a 64 man bracket at Tournament of champs. I wish we lived close enough for him to put on the Blue and Gold Singlet.

Thanks 100 club. Good luck to the team this year. My Senior year we only had 3 Seniors. and 2 juniors. Me and 2 other guys had a great season, but it all crumbled in the Suburban league Finals. I believe all 3 of us were undefeated in the league. We were all upset in the championship match. Bad day all around. The coaches at that time were Coach Henderson at the highschool and Larry Banner at the Middleschool.

Well, I will be watching, work hard and good luck. When it's all over you'll miss it and wish you could go back and do it all again. I coach a private youth team that is full of National and State Champs. I love being part of it again. My own son is 9 and a 2 time state champ and he took 7th in a 64 man bracket at Tournament of champs. I wish we lived close enough for him to put on the Blue and Gold Singlet.