Which One Do You Save?

cjb5656

You’re in a scenario where you can only save the life of one of two people…your brother, with whom you’ve never been particularly close, or your best friend. All things are equal. The consequences of the death of either are the same as far as impact upon the lives of those who know them. Who lives? Who dies?

You’re in a scenario where you can only save the life of one of two people…your brother, with whom you’ve never been particularly close, or your best friend. All things are equal. The consequences of the death of either are the same as far as impact upon the lives of those who know them. Who lives? Who dies?
This may hinge on why you've never been particularly close with your brother.

Well....there is a third option, but it might require a sacrifice

How close am I to my parents in this scenerio? If I have a poor relationship with all of my family, then my brother is a goner. If my parents are left to mourn my brothers passing, then I just may save my brother for my parents sake.

THAT'S a tough one. BOTH have attempted to sell me down the river. But my best friend's wife told me she'd make sure I was planted in the veteran's cemetery, before the Commies take over our country.

I’m saving my best friend, which happens to be my right hand.

I can’t live the life I want having to type with only my left hand.
WELL, your LEFT hand is apparently pretty important as well for SOME people. I found out that THAT was a thing, after twenty one years of supposed marital bliss!!!!! APPARENTLY, LEFTIES take exception to always being made luuuv to, as a RIGHTY!

I would save my brother. I have several brothers and can't imagine not being close to them.

In my life, I lost a brother and several good friends (two of which I called my best friend at some point in my life). The loss of my brother was the worst, by far. Shortly after he died, I thought I was handling the situation reasonably well, but looking back twenty years in hindsight, I was a mess.

Can I kill both?
It’s your choice. The answer to the original question is whatever you want it to be. Not everyone has a good situation with a friend or brother. Sometimes they betray you. You may choose to throw both of them a cinder block if they are drowning.