What Movies Did You Watch in May 2024?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4720 El prófugo (Argentina-2020) ... 3.5/8

#4721 Winnie-The-Pooh: Blood and Honey (UK-2023) ... 3.5/8

Last edited:

Old (2021) - 6/10

Interesting plot but areas with accelerated time I feel like has been done before in movies.

Knock at the Cabin (2023) - 3/10

Terrible, boring, dumb. Really don’t know why this was even made and I’m a M Night Shyamalan fan for the most part.

Noah (2014) 3/8 Russell Crow plays Noah in the Biblical story of the great flood and the building of the Ark. I felt like maybe they added a little too much fantasy to the story and as a whole it just wasn't that good.

El prófugo (Argentina-2020)

-Horror: A woman that does voice over work learns that a strange sound is coming from her. This was boring for the most part though the story was somewhat interesting ... 3.5/8

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (2024) 4.5/8 The movie is set "many generations" after the conclusion of the last movie. A new king, Proximus Caesar, seeks out hidden human technology in an attempt to rid the world of humans once and for all. A new hero, Noah, from another clan rises up to stop Proximus and his plan with the help of a human. Entertaining and worth a watch if you like the other movies from this universe. My least favorite of the 4, but not bad.

Wanderlust (2012) 3/8 Star studded ensemble cast led my Paul Rudd and Jenifer Aniston, who play a married couple leaving their life in New York City and heading south to take a job with Rudd's brother in Atlanta when they stumble upon Elysium a free love hippy commune in north Georgia. They decide to stay and things go off the rails. Kind of a disappointment considering the cast, a few laughs, but just not that good as a whole.

Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (UK-2023)

Horror: Well, Christopher Robbins pissed off Pooh and now he and Piglet go on a brutal killing spree of anyone who ventures into 100 Acres. If you are looking for plot, or character development... or lets say acting ability then you need to stay away from this one. This is a bad movie that just needs to be made. If you clear your mind and just want some Pooh brutality then its not that bad...... 3.5/8

Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (UK-2023)

Horror: Well, Christopher Robbins pissed off Pooh and now he and Piglet go on a brutal killing spree of anyone who ventures into 100 Acres. If you are looking for plot, or character development... or lets say acting ability then you need to stay away from this one. This is a bad movie that just needs to be made. If you clear your mind and just want some Pooh brutality then its not that bad...... 3.5/8

The ending still reminds me of what a live action Shrek would be like.

The Iron Claw (2023) 5/8 I was expecting more. I thought Efron was solid in the lead role and I really liked Holt McCallany as Fritz Von Erich. Though I like him as an actor, I thought Jeremy Allen White was miscast as Kerry Von Erich and the guy that played Ric Flair played him like a parody. I knew most of the story going in, so maybe that impacted my overall view.

The Iron Claw (2023) 5/8 I was expecting more. I thought Efron was solid in the lead role and I really liked Holt McCallany as Fritz Von Erich. Though I like him as an actor, I thought Jeremy Allen White was miscast as Kerry Von Erich and the guy that played Ric Flair played him like a parody. I knew most of the story going in, so maybe that impacted my overall view.

I was surprised they didn’t have Ric Flair‘s son play him. He doesn’t have the charisma of his father, but certainly the look, and would’ve been almost the perfect age.

I was surprised they didn’t have Ric Flair‘s son play him. He doesn’t have the charisma of his father, but certainly the look, and would’ve been almost the perfect age.
I believe Flair's son is dead. OD'd a while back.

Richard Reid Fliehr, better known by his ring name Reid Flair, was an American professional wrestler. He was the youngest son of professional wrestler Ric Flair, the younger half-brother of wrestler David Flair and the younger brother of wrestler Charlotte Flair. Wikipedia
Born: February 26, 1988, Charlotte, NC
Died: March 29, 2013 (age 25 years), Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, Charlotte, NC

Found it on his Wiki page

I believe Flair's son is dead. OD'd a while back.

Richard Reid Fliehr, better known by his ring name Reid Flair, was an American professional wrestler. He was the youngest son of professional wrestler Ric Flair, the younger half-brother of wrestler David Flair and the younger brother of wrestler Charlotte Flair. Wikipedia
Born: February 26, 1988, Charlotte, NC
Died: March 29, 2013 (age 25 years), Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, Charlotte, NC

Found it on his Wiki page

I was suggesting David, his older son.

If you are looking for a fun movie with a little intrigue and a few plot twists, watch Argylle on Apple TV. It is a spy story that does not take itself seriously, with over-the-top silliness at times. Jessica Chastain, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell, Catherine O'Hara, Henry Cavill, Sam Jackson and other stars. Enjoyable.

If you are looking for a fun movie with a little intrigue and a few plot twists, watch Argylle on Apple TV. It is a spy story that does not take itself seriously, with over-the-top silliness at times. Jessica Chastain, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell, Catherine O'Hara, Henry Cavill, Sam Jackson and other stars. Enjoyable.

It didn’t live up to my expectations (The trailer was one of the best trailers I’ve seen in a while) but I still enjoyed it overall. it didn’t get great reviews. I imagine the third act is very polarizing. I can see where some think. It went too far into silly. It kind of did for me.

No offense (which means about I'm to offend you, lol) but Argylle is the biggest piece of crap I've seen in the move theater.

Haunted Gold (1932) - 3.5/8

A modern-day ranch owner in the West and a blonde bimbo who owns a nearby abandoned mine join forces to find out if a ghost is haunting the old mining town and making folks disappear.

Starring a young John Wayne still struggling to make it big in talkies. Stock cast of standard characters (exception below), and standard Western plot. Fairly detailed sets depicting the mine, as the characters move on horseback between the various secret mine entrances, even one in the town's hotel. Classic use of portraits and mirrors that mysteriously move to reveal moving eyes watching the characters.

Overall, a very bland flick. The Duke's performance is even blander (still learning his craft at the time), and the whole thing feels akin to a Mack Sennett short (58 minutes). Script was uninspired, with some of the characters just staring at each other for 30 seconds or more after each line.

The most exciting part of the film is seeing Wayne's horse listed in the credits as - what else? - "Duke".

Edgar "Blue" Washington was added to the cast as John Wayne's "bodyguard", displaying every possible "Yassuh, boss - I'ze-a seen a spook!" stereotype. On the plus side, it was interesting to learn that Washington and Frank Capra were childhood friends, both growing up in the same LA neighborhood - Capra gave him the Blue nickname.

Washington had a prolific movie career of 40 years, appearing in both "Birth Of A Nation" and "Gone With The Wind", He also played for the Kansas City Monarchs in the Negro Leagues in the 1920's. His son Kenny Washington became the first black player in the "modern-era" NFL in 1946 (LA Rams).