What fears do you have? What fears have you overcome? What fears have you developed as you got older?

Mr. Slippery

I was thinking about this today during some down time. Let's explore the topic of fears.

For example, maybe you were afraid of the dark as a kid but outgrew it. More interesting, what kinds of fears do you still have? Even more interesting yet, what kinds of fears did you develop later in life?

For some reason, I've become more afraid of heights and the thought of death due to falling from a high place.

As a kid:
Definitely a dark bedroom with the door closed when I was 4 or 5. Public speaking. Walking into a room filled with strangers, and they all turn to look at you. Seeing a house fire on TV. Haunted houses you pay to get in.

Nowadays:
I's more about health issues, like having a breathing crisis, or a stroke where you can't speak. And haunted houses you pay to get in.

I was thinking about this today during some down time. Let's explore the topic of fears.

For example, maybe you were afraid of the dark as a kid but outgrew it. More interesting, what kinds of fears do you still have? Even more interesting yet, what kinds of fears did you develop later in life?

For some reason, I've become more afraid of heights and the thought of death due to falling from a high place.
Stay off ladders.

Gutter salesman been nagging you again?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

You would LUUUUV being in the military. Not ONCE did they EVER ask me if I was afraid of heights. They DIDN'T CARE! I was given an electric sander, a safety belt, a can of paint, and an electric scraper. And was pointed to a yard arm, three-four stories above the deck of my ship. And was told FIX the PROBLEMS up there. But don't worry, it ain't the fall that'll hurt. It's the sudden stop.

OOOPS, I almost forgot to mention. If I had slipped off the yard arm, I DID have that safety belt, that would have left me dangling until someone came to rescue me. Only thing WAS though, that time would have been at 0700 the next morning at roll call.

Flying monkeys.

Aggressive dogs. Couple of bad experiences as a kid.

What I can't see underneath me in the ocean.
BIG FOOT'S!!!!!!!! Something about that disagreeable demeanor, I guess.

Feeding a neighbor's pet raccoon, whose food and water bowls were six feet from his house.

And he had an eight-foot chain. I STILL have that scar on my wrist.😩

AGRESSIVE lil WOMENS! o_O

Last edited: