Small town?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 5 21.7%

Votes: 10 43.5%

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Thavoice

Story on TWC RE eclipse in small town Arkansas and I look it up and it has the population of 30,000, yahoo story on a small ohio town, 14,000, and an ad on Pandora about a small town boy, Joe burrow, (20,000) and wonder...what yall consider small town?

Last edited:

Great question, but I think that if there is a McDonald's or similar fast food restaurant, it is not a small town. Small towns might have a diner or two, maybe a local pizza joint, an ice cream shop, and a convenience store. Might even have a Subway, but that would be the only chain restaurant.

A great example of a small town in Ohio would be Smithville.

I think Burrow gets the moniker of small town guy/Athens as a small town because in comparison to college “towns” and NFL cities, it is a small town. It’s a relative thing.

I’m not sure there’s a specific population limit. I think it’s largely more of a feel and you can tell whether it’s a small town or not when you’re there.

Great question, but I think that if there is a McDonald's or similar fast food restaurant, it is not a small town. Small towns might have a diner or two, maybe a local pizza joint, an ice cream shop, and a convenience store. Might even have a Subway, but that would be the only chain restaurant.

My mom grew up Shreve. Cousins went to Smithville. So yes to both.

I think geography also counts. A city of 5000-6000 people that is a suburb might not be a small town but a city of 8000 people that is no where near a bigger city is.

Story on TWC RE eclipse in small town Arkansas and I look it up and it has the population of 30,000, yahoo story on a small ohio town, 14,000, and an ad on Pandora about a small town boy, Joe burrow, (20,000) and wonder...what yall consider small town?
2,500 is considered a Village isn't it?

what is you have 7 bars in the town?

Apparently to ABC news....a "small town' in texas...population 45,000, is expecting additional 100k visitors for the Eclipse

During my teen years I lived in a small town (Population 2600) in Indiana. We once counted 12 bars and 12 churches. It seemed like a fitting balance.