Week 7...

OH 10 -0 Over Middletown. Never saw that coming. Never could have prepared to do something other than embarrass the last place team in the league. Never could have had a plan to maybe not score after five...Like many many teams do. Just saying if padding stats walks like a duck and quacks like a duck just maybe it might be a duck!
I guess it’s ok as long as it’s Seton beating a team 9-0.
I’m not sure what you want them to do. They played 6 JV girls last night. And most starters played for 25-35 min. It’s comical how obsessed this page is with what other teams are doing. I guess from now on they should just pass the ball for 40 minutes to make sure the Milford and Seton parents aren’t upset.
Yikes. This is silly 😂😂😂

I guess it’s ok as long as it’s Seton beating a team 9-0.
I’m not sure what you want them to do. They played 6 JV girls last night. And most starters played for 25-35 min. It’s comical how obsessed this page is with what other teams are doing. I guess from now on they should just pass the ball for 40 minutes to make sure the Milford and Seton parents aren’t upset.
Yikes. This is silly 😂😂😂

What Seton Parents are upset? I have not seen one post from a Seton supporter questioning Oak Hills scores!

Before we jump the gun here...how do you know his/her daughter was cut? My daughter (upper third player) has been on a team where a very good (middle third player, position neutral-could play many well--is ECNL now) was cut and replaced by a bottom third player (could only (attempt) to play wing, fo) , whose mother was good friends with the coach. On this same team another player was added to the roster, that was an even worse player, because her Dad was in position to give the coach a potential job. Her parents thought she was a defensive mid-the only position she could "play", but the problem was, she couldn't. My daughter would bust her a** to get the ball to the first player above. And almost all of those balls had "a bow around them" (other parents words, not mine). The 1/10 times this player was able to put it in the net, all coaches' accolades were on the scorer. Most times in addition to playing her own position, My daughter, as well as other players, would have to cover the defensive mid position as well. Ridiculous. Was I mad? You bet. My daughter had to work 10 times harder bc of these two "favorite" players, and didn't receive the credit she earned through her play.
You don't know LionsRoars scenario.

I will also add that watching MND play, and looking at their roster, girls were cut that are most definitely stronger than a minimum of four players added to that roster. Do they train on the side with the coach?--I have seen favoritism as a result of that as well. And there have been players talking about the MND coach for at least a year-- a lot of unhappiness there.

The beauty of life. What you see can be different from what a Coach sees. You may think girls are better than others, while the Coach may see things differently. Other factors could include, work rate at training, attitude, etc.. MND is a very competitive program. Girls that get cut there, would probably see 75% of other teams rosters. Just reality.

Opinions and different views.

What Seton Parents are upset? I have not seen one post from a Seton supporter questioning Oak Hills scores!
The one above. If they aren’t a parent , they certainly love to post on behalf of the program. I have zero problem with seton. We have a ton of seton girls at the club we are with. Root for them anytime we aren’t playing them. These unnecessary shots at oak hills and certain payers over the last week are juvenile and uncalled for.

The one above. If they aren’t a parent , they certainly love to post on behalf of the program. I have zero problem with seton. We have a ton of seton girls at the club we are with. Root for them anytime we aren’t playing them. These unnecessary shots at oak hills and certain payers over the last week are juvenile and uncalled for.

Well, I have no clue who that person roots for, i just see someone calling out a lopsided score that obviously they have an issue with. I follow Seton because my Daughter use to play for the Saints some years ago and i have no issues whatsoever with Oak Hills.

It is very difficult not to score a fair amount on a truly weak opponent. I’ll say it should be an opportunity for some kids to score who maybe don’t typically score, rather than to have your kids who are already scorers out there running up stats. I’ve seen some games with 6, 7, and 8 goals scored by kids who probably shouldn’t have been left in the game to do that. IMO that’s bad coaching and a little gross. That being said, you do have to let your better players at least play some because it’s not fair to them that the other team is such a weak opponent. Should they have to sit out the game because the other team can’t keep up with them? It comes down to balance. Let the better ones play, but maybe more as assist makers, than goal scorers..

It is very difficult not to score a fair amount on a truly weak opponent. I’ll say it should be an opportunity for some kids to score who maybe don’t typically score, rather than to have your kids who are already scorers out there running up stats. I’ve seen some games with 6, 7, and 8 goals scored by kids who probably shouldn’t have been left in the game to do that. IMO that’s bad coaching and a little gross. That being said, you do have to let your better players at least play some because it’s not fair to them that the other team is such a weak opponent. Should they have to sit out the game because the other team can’t keep up with them? It comes down to balance. Let the better ones play, but maybe more as assist makers, than goal scorers..
Fair to the starting players? If a team is that bad, the starters should get minimal to no time on the field/court that night for a non-tourney game. How about fairness to the bottom of the bench that are working their tails off day in and day out as well as bring up JV girls for evaluation. They have earned the right to play all/most of a game like this and let the starters cheer for them. Coaches should prep for a game like this as this is easy to determine who to play that night.

I agree with you that if the bottom of the bench puts up 8-10 goals, then it is what it is.

As I have said before, not the players fault, they are doing what they have been trained to do.

I didn’t say anything about the bottom of the bench not playing. I can’t speak for all programs (because clearly, there are some who keep their top scorer in and let them put up obnoxious stats), but when my kids’ team plays a weak opponent, the majority of the play time does go to the bottom of the bench and also JV players who are pulled up. If it’s bad enough, kids are also played in positions they don’t ever play. The better players should at least get to see the field though. It is still a game on their schedule, and when it comes down to it, JV has their own games.
Unfortunately, through the vast majority of conferences, there are true bottom teams who can’t even remotely compete. There’s not really a good way to even that out.

I didn’t say anything about the bottom of the bench not playing. I can’t speak for all programs (because clearly, there are some who keep their top scorer in and let them put up obnoxious stats), but when my kids’ team plays a weak opponent, the majority of the play time does go to the bottom of the bench and also JV players who are pulled up. If it’s bad enough, kids are also played in positions they don’t ever play. The better players should at least get to see the field though. It is still a game on their schedule, and when it comes down to it, JV has their own games.
Unfortunately, through the vast majority of conferences, there are true bottom teams who can’t even remotely compete. There’s not really a good way to even that out.
Sorry I was just responding to your comment about it being fair to the better players that they need to play in a game where the opponent is extremely weak. Outside of the tourney, in a seasonal game like that, I may splatter the better players in here & there but they would not be in positions to score at all.

Think we are on the same page :)

The beauty of life. What you see can be different from what a Coach sees. You may think girls are better than others, while the Coach may see things differently. Other factors could include, work rate at training, attitude, etc.. MND is a very competitive program. Girls that get cut there, would probably see 75% of other teams rosters. Just reality.

Opinions and different views.
In general, I agree. But I would be astonished if this was the case with the four players I mentioned. My daughter has played with/against them, and some of those that were cut, for up to 7 years in soccer and in some cases other sports as well. All have good work rate at training, attitude etc, as do the girls that were cut. The girls I know that were cut, were better soccer players-in some cases by a great deal. The abilities of those specific 4 players that made Varsity, were not even remotely close to some of those that were cut . I seriously doubt that the MND coach is going to develop (during the HS season!) something that much better in a player that is a sophomore or junior, than what already existed, in some cases to a much greater extent, in those cut players. I've seen these players at MND for 2-3 years now---nope.

In general, I agree. But I would be astonished if this was the case with the four players I mentioned. My daughter has played with/against them, and some of those that were cut, for up to 7 years in soccer and in some cases other sports as well. All have good work rate at training, attitude etc, as do the girls that were cut. The girls I know that were cut, were better soccer players-in some cases by a great deal. The abilities of those specific 4 players that made Varsity, were not even remotely close to some of those that were cut . I seriously doubt that the MND coach is going to develop (during the HS season!) something that much better in a player that is a sophomore or junior, than what already existed, in some cases to a much greater extent, in those cut players. I've seen these players at MND for 2-3 years now---nope.
What do you think the bias is attributable too - club favoritism, legacy, name etc.? Unfortunately a school like MND has such a great run in soccer that past 5+ years, it is hard to dispute the coaches decisions on who they are putting on the squad.

Unfortunately from what I heard from friends that have/had girls compete in the GGCL over the years in soccer & volleyball, coaching bias is the status quo

What do you think the bias is attributable too - club favoritism, legacy, name etc.? Unfortunately a school like MND has such a great run in soccer that past 5+ years, it is hard to dispute the coaches decisions on who they are putting on the squad.

Unfortunately from what I heard from friends that have/had girls compete in the GGCL over the years in soccer & volleyball, coaching bias is the status quo
I’ll preface this by saying I don’t know any of the players or coaches mentioned so far. However, it doesn’t take a genius to understand that most high school coaches in todays environment have club bias, bias for the people they get paid to train, people paying their club salary etc. Money talks.

From what I have seen and heard your list is correct in what attributes to the bias.