way to end the season green!!

greendad

this was a tough season bulldogs, but what a way to end the season, a win over tallmadge! On to the federal league. I think we will do ok in the fed. We just have to get our sea legs. Our youth is back playing the federal league teams. We should have stayed in that league ever since the youth split and byf went into the north canton youth league.

Got to admit that I was as shocked as anyone to see the score from Friday night at Tallmadge. So much so, that the Frito Burrito I was eating came out through my nose when I heard the final. I am quite impressed with the fight that Green had to come back from being down, especially in the weather conditions. But as impressed as I am with Green's Testicular fortitude in fighting back, I am disappointed in Tallmadge. Starting 5-0, and practically being assured of being in the playoffs at that stage, they really took the second half of the season off. Dumping down their leg to a 1-4 finish is very disappointing to say the least. Maybe they all thought they were getting Ebola, or something, but to lose to two mediocre at best teams in Copley and Green, is something that should not happen to a supposed playoff team. I realize Tallmadge's second-half was more difficult than weeks 1-5 with Nordonia and Highland on the horizon, but in all honesty, who would have guessed with the Blue Devils sitting at 5-0 after week 5, that they would finish 6-4? I bet even the biggest Tallmadge haters would have said 7-3 at WORST, but more than likely 8-2. Anyway, I have been as hard on green as anyone, but not because I hate them or wish ill on the team. But instead, because of the lack of accountability I have seen from the community and players when things aren't going well. It is jut like our President, always blaming someone else for the ills that he and his administration had no foresight or interest in combating ahead of the storm. I hope Green uses this season-ending victory over a rival to catapult themselves into a strong off-season in the weightroom, a strong training and conditioning program in the winter and spring, and it results into a positive season next year for the Bulldogs.