Walsh becoming a female dominated school?

Shorty

Is Walsh becoming a female dominated school? Their boys basketball and football team have struggled some over the last 10 years while the girls that just entered the school just over a decade ago are dominating in a way that the boys never did. Is this a trend that is going to continue or will the major boys sports make a comeback?

Walsh football team may be experiencing the similiar situation St V has been facing of late. With the success of Hobans football team lately, many kids, when choosing a Private HS, are opting for Hoban. As far as the Basketball team, many of the "on the fence" kids are choosing St V.

These are my thoughts on the struggles of Walsh. I wouldn't call it a major problem. Walsh had a pretty decent football team last year, as did St V.

Only sports that are consistent for walsh are soccer and baseball. three state titles in the last 3 years combined for this two programs. baseball has on three in the last 8. (99,04,06). soccer in 06.

I would contend that Walsh has a very fine football program. Just because you cannot win a state title each year in the most physically demanding sport, doesn't mean that the program is struggling at all. How many titles does Hoban have in the same time frame? While they may have made more lengthy playoff runs, it ends up the same way, with a loss in the final game.

I would contend that Walsh has a very fine football program. Just because you cannot win a state title each year in the most physically demanding sport, doesn't mean that the program is struggling at all. How many titles does Hoban have in the same time frame? While they may have made more lengthy playoff runs, it ends up the same way, with a loss in the final game.

Regarding parochial school football success. It is going to be VERY tough for STVM, WJ or Hoban to win a state title in football. Even though all the schools numbers are up and have waiting lists, they simply do not attract the top talent in the area as they did in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Players now have better choices. The suburban schools are doing a remarkable job in upgrading their academics as well as their athletics.

Compared to the years STVM had their runs at the SC, the talent level at the 3 schools today are nowhere near those teams STVM had. The city schools are doining poorly. Other than Buchtel, the kids would rather play video games than bust their behinds in football practice. The area pool simply isnt as vast as it once was.

WJ, STVM and Hoban will have their work cut out for them. It appears STVM & WJ will be the better teams this year due to Hoban's graduation of so many starters. SC material? hard to say. But all should have decent seasons.

Well, let Tha Bank say one more thing. If Walsh is becoming a female dominated school, then Tha Bank needs to go and hang out there!! All women love Tha Bank!