Veteran Findlay Boys Basketball Coach To Retire

Could you enlighten use why you think Findlay "ran off" Rucki after his most successful (greatly over performed expectations) year at Findlay. Why didn't they a few years ago when underperformed with a talented roster.
This has been going on for a few years. Some people in the administration (sounds like a few school board members) have been wanting to make a change. Rucki’s success has prevented them from moving on from him. Rucki isn’t dumb. He knows that they aren’t going to great next year so they will finally have a reason to get rid of him if they have a bad year. He jumped off the cliff before they could push him off.

Who is "they"? Name names. I'm as frustrated as anyone it has taken this long. Buckeye likes to spread manure and should have applied.
i would never apply for that job. Nor should most people. As mentioned many times now, why would anybody want a job where the administration just pushed out a successful coach. That’s just setting up the next guy for failure. Going to be hard to do better than Rucki did.

i would never apply for that job. Nor should most people. As mentioned many times now, why would anybody want a job where the administration just pushed out a successful coach. That’s just setting up the next guy for failure. Going to be hard to do better than Rucki did.
Correction, will be impossible to do better than what Rucki did

Last edited:
A couple of people seemed to know who turned down the job but none of you have any idea who might have accepted? Huh...

A couple of people seemed to know who turned down the job but none of you have any idea who might have accepted? Huh...
Reliably, a number of us know the current varsity coaches at Marietta, Reynoldsburg, Shelby and Oak Harbor have been offered. I candidly don't know what they are doing/can do now. Recent indications are no one else has been offered or is considering as of the middle of this week.

Reliably, a number of us know the current varsity coaches at Marietta, Reynoldsburg, Shelby and Oak Harbor have been offered. I candidly don't know what they are doing/can do now. Recent indications are no one else has been offered or is considering as of the middle of this week.
Doesn't sound like the May 30th board meeting will bring any news.