THE FRANCHISE CITY SWEEPSTAKES

fleadog101

The Franchise City Sweepstakes

As we now embark on the moving of the Oakland A’s MLB to LasVegas. We now await the move of Tampa Bay Ray’s if they are staying or going?

Let’s look at Tampa Bay Ray’s first. If they move to either Orlando or Charlotte then let’s look at Charlotte first if they go there then Orlando will then become an Expansion City however if the Ray’s stay in Tampa then Charlotte becomes the Expansion City.

The other Expansion City will be Salt-Lake City then.

Because of COVID MLB does not want to go North of border .

The NBA is very obvious In it’s intention

To go back to Seattle and go to Las Vegas.

As the NBA and MLB Expand they both will have 32 teams and as they do that then they will join The NHL and NFL as having a 32 team format. As we look at this decision by both then to add additional cities they then become better competitive and help there bottom line and raise capital.

After everyone goes to a 32 team format. I believe that then the NFL will comeback and go and expand into Two more cities and I believe that Salt Lake City and St. Louis will be added.

If the NBA follows suit then I see Kansas City, Buffalo or Cincinnati

If MLB follows suit as well Memphis and Oklahoma City .

If you have followed the previous part of this thought and story , the more cities you are in the more money you get.

This is why The BIG TEN is secretly going after a 32 team league

You are giving Salt Lake City way too much credit. Been there on business. Its a small city with only 200,000 people; about 25% the size of Columbus OH or Charlotte NC. Hell, its smaller than Boise. Zero chance the NFL goes there, and MLB very unlikely. Most of the players on the Jazz hate the place. NHL might go there due to the whiteness of the place.

LOL at the Big Ten going after 32 teams.

As we now embark on the moving of the Oakland A’s MLB to LasVegas. We now await the move of Tampa Bay Ray’s if they are staying or going?

Let’s look at Tampa Bay Ray’s first. If they move to either Orlando or Charlotte then let’s look at Charlotte first if they go there then Orlando will then become an Expansion City however if the Ray’s stay in Tampa then Charlotte becomes the Expansion City.

As the NBA and MLB Expand they both will have 32 teams and as they do that then they will join The NHL and NFL as having a 32 team format. As we look at this decision by both then to add additional cities they then become better competitive and help there bottom line and raise capital.

After everyone goes to a 32 team format. I believe that then the NFL will comeback and go and expand into Two more cities and I believe that Salt Lake City and St. Louis will be added.

If you have followed the previous part of this thought and story , the more cities you are in the more money you get.

I don't see Atlanta allowing Charlotte to get a team.....Northern California and Montreal are the only two North American places that could possibly support an MLB franchise. 81 home games is a lot of dates to cover. The Rays might relocate to Orlando, and it sure sounds like the A's are headed to Vegas, but far as expansion goes there are not enough big league caliber players for the teams we've got now....

Last edited:
As population continues to move south, I think Austin or San Antonio will soon be a possible landing spot for an MLB team. Austin has UT football and hoops. San Antonio has the Spurs. I believe Round Rock right outside of Austin is home to the Rangers’ AAA team.

I’m sure there would be a big fight from the Rangers and Astros, but those cities are a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour drive from both Houston and Dallas.

San Antonio and Austin are a little more than an hour apart, so if you place the park strategically, theoretically the city that doesn’t get the team could still have fans able to make the drive relatively easily to see a game.

San Jose area would make sense too, although I’m sure the Giants would fight like hell against it. But they might lose that fight without the A’s around.

Does Montreal even want an MLB team?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

As population continues to move south, I think Austin or San Antonio will soon be a possible landing spot for an MLB team. Austin has UT football and hoops. San Antonio has the Spurs. I believe Round Rock right outside of Austin is home to the Rangers’ AAA team.

I’m sure there would be a big fight from the Rangers and Astros, but those cities are a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour drive from both Houston and Dallas.

San Antonio and Austin are a little more than an hour apart, so if you place the park strategically, theoretically the city that doesn’t get the team could still have fans able to make the drive relatively easily to see a game.

San Jose area would make sense too, although I’m sure the Giants would fight like hell against it. But they might lose that fight without the A’s around.

Does Montreal even want an MLB team?
It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Metro Montreal has 4.2 million population. The Expos actually drew very well late 70's through the 80's til a couple of player strikes and bad ownership killed their fan support. Couple that with Olympic Stadium was terrible for baseball and located 10 miles away from downtown. A decent ownership group with a real baseball park in Montreal would do very well....MLB will probably insist on an American League team in Northern California if the A's leave.

I hail from Memphis and would love to see MLB in my old hometown. Yet Nashville has the bigger market and more potential for growth than the Bluff City.

Rays new park will be in Tampa....
I saw an interview on TV a week or so ago.....they were discussing the situation in Oakland and predicted the Giants will be in play in next few years unless San Francisco changes policy on homeless and crime. Giants attendance is down 5k a game from last year and attendance has dropped every year since 2019. Fans have to make it though homeless camps to get to ball park. Cops can't remove them from parking areas and walk ways.....

Rays new park will be in Tampa....
I saw an interview on TV a week or so ago.....they were discussing the situation in Oakland and predicted the Giants will be in play in next few years unless San Francisco changes policy on homeless and crime. Giants attendance is down 5k a game from last year and attendance has dropped every year since 2019. Fans have to make it though homeless camps to get to ball park. Cops can't remove them from parking areas and walk ways.....
Maybe they can put a dome over that ballpark and let the homeless live there after the Giants leave town.

St. Petersburg and the Rays have announced an agreement for a new park to open in 2028, not far from Tropicana Field. I’m not familiar with the geography and demographics in that region, but I know for sure I’ve heard the location of The Trop used an excuse for poor attendance several times. Supposedly it’s too far away from much of the potential fanbase? Anyone up on the fan landscape in the Tampa/St. Pete region?

In any event, with that agreement in hand and the A’s moving to Vegas after next season, it seems like the expansion topic will become more prevalent. MLB had said it wouldn’t consider expansion until the A’s and Rays situations were resolved.

If they do expand, it’ll be Nashville and one other city, you’d have to think.

St. Petersburg and the Rays have announced an agreement for a new park to open in 2028, not far from Tropicana Field. I’m not familiar with the geography and demographics in that region, but I know for sure I’ve heard the location of The Trop used an excuse for poor attendance several times. Supposedly it’s too far away from much of the potential fanbase? Anyone up on the fan landscape in the Tampa/St. Pete region?

In any event, with that agreement in hand and the A’s moving to Vegas after next season, it seems like the expansion topic will become more prevalent. MLB had said it wouldn’t consider expansion until the A’s and Rays situations were resolved.

If they do expand, it’ll be Nashville and one other city, you’d have to think.
Driven by Tropicana many times. The Buccaneers stadium is right across the street so I expect there is plenty of parking. There really is nothing else around..not a lot of restaurants and sports bars like you see at most venues. Not sure too far away is a good excuse. Seems like a fairly easy drive from downtown Tampa and St. Pete.

Bucs are in Tampa.....Rays are in St Pete.....new Rays dome will be on Tropicana property. New toll connector is almost finished making it easier for north county fans to get downtown. Tampa side constantly upgrading their expressways and a new Howard Franklin Bridge under construction.
Area around the trop loaded with places to eat and hang out. If you can't have fun in St Pete....thats on you.