"The Big Game"

GBulldogs06

Thursday night will be one filled with much energy everyone will be fired up for this match-up!

Green 35 Wadsworth 28

Thoughts? Predictions? With as little bias as possible (look at the numbers)

Green's starters are for the most part intact. The only injuries are from practice 2 weeks ago...Billy Dodd the second string quarter back has been out for a couple weeks due to an arm strain, Garet cook who normally kicks off had a leg strain but was kicking friday so i think he is ok, Denny millsaps was hurt in practice butithink he played friday...and i thinks thats about it but like i said before no one major is out...
as for wadsworth i have no idea

H2- Game is at Wadsworth Thursday night. But no need to go there - you can watch on TV if you have Sports Net Ohio.

And Navin - Neighbor kid tells me running back Welsh sat out today with injury, but not sure what. Yes... Green practiced today - Sunday. Surprised me. But RB spent most of time with the trainer he said.

dawgdon said:
And Navin - Neighbor kid tells me running back Welsh sat out today with injury, but not sure what. Yes... Green practiced today - Sunday. Surprised me. But RB spent most of time with the trainer he said.

...the plot thickens....

That's rather interesting...he looked fine last night at homecoming....

i would say has to be very minor and they are just taking precautions...ill find out more tomorrow at school then ill report back

H2 id like to meet you...put the name with the face kind of deal...ill be the drumline member with the super bright orange hat on---granted many green fans will have blaze orange hats and camo on but ill be the only drumline member or you can ask the directors to talk to the drum section leader he would be glad to point me out....FSN OHIO is airing the game BTW

IM FREAKIN OUT THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK MY SOCKS!!!!!!

kinda like last years 21 un-answered point second half to win it!!

GBulldogs06 said:
H2 id like to meet you...put the name with the face kind of deal...ill be the drumline member with the super bright orange hat on---granted many green fans will have blaze orange hats and camo on but ill be the only drumline member or you can ask the directors to talk to the drum section leader he would be glad to point me out....FSN OHIO is airing the game BTW

I'll be there. Sitting on the Green sideline:dang:

many students are talking about making the trip up there...more than normal soo i expect a packed house....meaning lots and lots of noise

welch is fine he twisted his ankle a lil but he will be 100% thursday--hes practicing so nothign major

I find it interesting that this is the Wadsworth forum, and all the Green fans / players are on here predicting a win. What do the Wadsworth fans and players have to say? Maybe the Big Red Grizzlies are more ready than the Dawgs give them credit for???? I think that if Wadsworth runs the ball well (like Tallmadge) the Green D will show its inexperience. And... if the Grizzlies shut down the lanes for Welsh and effectively use the Blitz (Wagner takes LOTS of time), this may be closer than we from Green would like to see. Remember, our kids are coming off two wins from very weak teams have very little experience in many positions, including some who have only been playing their positions for two weeks. And, I think that Wadsworth / Green games have an intensity that comes from more than the talent of individal players, but a team effort. It will come down to play-calling, morale, talent, and just a little bit of luck as to who pulls this one out. Should be an interesting game either live or on TV. You asked for a little bias as possible, that is it for me. This one is one that could go easily one way or the other.

I just noticed that ALL of the Wadsworth threads have little or no posts. Maybe they just prefer to walk softly and carry a big stick???? Or hasn't the wonder of the Internet (and YAPPI!) reached the W town?

Maybe this thread will encourage some of them to post. One of the biggest threads ever on Yappi was the girls basketball head coaching search at Wadsworth. There are plenty of fans of the school, just not many finding their way over to their school forum.

As to the game, should be one of the most exciting in the league this year. Green really needs to win this game to keep their chances alive for a league championship.

DawgFan said:
Shucks, I can't make it!!! I have to work. :dang:
I'll be at the Green Freshman game on saturday. :)

Hows greens freshman doing, Ive only seen the Highland score, so my prediction for the freshman game is wadswoth 35 Green-7. Highland beat green 43-23, Wadsworth beat highland 14-8. No one else has even come close to wadsworth this year. Talmadge 48-6, Cloverleaf 22-0, Revere 22-6, Highland 14-8, C. Falls, 48-8, Massilon 38-6....Come watch the wadsworth jv and freshman double header saturday at 10 and noon at green.

SLhornet said:
Who said they werent???

He didn't read your post SL.

He thinks that you are saying that since the freshman team is good, then the varsity team should win.

What he failed to realize,is that you were simply asking how the freshman team was doing, and were not trying to compare them to the varsity team.

Everyone else on here knew what you were talking about!

GBulldogs06 said:

MountUnion82 and I will be there. We will be taking up 2 good 50 yard line seats on the Green side:D

Wadsworth played well. Their blitzing defense is tough to read. Lots of movement. Dru Jones is tough, no doubt. He got the yards when the whole stadium knew he was getting the ball.

Nice performance Wadsworth:clap:

Now I'm a believer.

I knew it would be hard to stop Dru Jones, but WOW!!! Like H2D said, everybody knew he was getting the ball and he still got 180+ yards.

This is the Wadsworth that everybody expected at the beginning of the year.

Great Job.

dawgdon said:
I find it interesting that this is the Wadsworth forum, and all the Green fans / players are on here predicting a win. What do the Wadsworth fans and players have to say? Maybe the Big Red Grizzlies are more ready than the Dawgs give them credit for???? I think that if Wadsworth runs the ball well (like Tallmadge) the Green D will show its inexperience. And... if the Grizzlies shut down the lanes for Welsh and effectively use the Blitz (Wagner takes LOTS of time), this may be closer than we from Green would like to see. Remember, our kids are coming off two wins from very weak teams have very little experience in many positions, including some who have only been playing their positions for two weeks. And, I think that Wadsworth / Green games have an intensity that comes from more than the talent of individal players, but a team effort. It will come down to play-calling, morale, talent, and just a little bit of luck as to who pulls this one out. Should be an interesting game either live or on TV. You asked for a little bias as possible, that is it for me. This one is one that could go easily one way or the other.

DD - Your pre-game assessment was pretty much right on point. I think Wadsworth did all of the things you mentioned and came out victorious. It's nice to see a posting from a real football fan who appreciates the game and all of the intracacies therein. Most posters just want to beat their chest and say their team is going to win because it's their team (or a team will lose because they don't like them).

Personally, I thought W would have to be more effective in their passing game to win. Green is a good team, and K Wagner was everything he was advertised to be. When W was up 24-7 in the fourth quarter I thought ... uh oh, Green has us right where we don't want to be...forcing G to go vertical down the field. Then, when G scored in less than 30 seconds, I knew it was time to fasten the seat belt. Great finish, great night, great teams. That is what HS football should be.

On a semiside note I was happy to see 5 Suburban League champion wrestlers playing in the game last night, Joey Dean 119, OLB Wadsworth, Denny Millsaps 125 DB, Corey Welch 160 RB Green, Dru Jones 171 RB Wadsworth, Dan Robinson 275 OLDL Wadsworth. I didnt think about it until I started hearing their names, thats pretty interesting considering theres only 14 weight classes, and most of the kids you would have thought graduated, and there are 8 schools in the league so this is probally the most number in just about any game, I know it means nothing I just thought it was an interesting fact.