That didn't used to taste like that, did it?

D4fan

Picked up a box of Cheese-its this week and they were darker almost brown, and not nearly as cheesy as usual. Is anyone else noticing this or did I just get a bad batch?

Picked up a box of Cheese-its this week and they were darker almost brown, and not nearly as cheesy as usual. Is anyone else noticing this or did I just get a bad batch?
How long has it been since you had them? Just wondering, but I've been telling my wife for years now that something has changed with the recipe.

How long has it been since you had them? Just wondering, but I've been telling my wife for years now that something has changed with the recipe.
I had them probably 6 months ago. They were regular tasting back then.
Did you get a box of extra crispy?...
Extra crispy. I dont know, I will check the box and get back to you on that, but pretty sure they were the regular.

Planter's Dry Roasted Peanuts - they taste more like the unsalted peanuts than the original decades ago.

I get it, less salt is more healthy but it seems silly to me to offer a healthy alternative (no salt) and then change the formula for their standard brand peanut to go almost tasteless.

Pop Tarts. Used to love them as a simple shelf-stable snack when I was younger. The frosted strawberry ones were compressed powder. There was a distinct lack of consistency to them.

I've heard that when you get old, nothing tastes good.🤺
My wife complains all the time about how things do not taste like they did years ago. Cheese - its are one of her big ones to complain about. I do not know what is worse having them change how things are made and taste or just doing completely away with something I really liked.

My wife complains all the time about how things do not taste like they did years ago. Cheese - its are one of her big ones to complain about. I do not know what is worse having them change how things are made and taste or just doing completely away with something I really liked.
Cheese - might have to kick it up a bit. Cheddar, for example, comes in mild, medium, sharp and extra sharp.

^ I think I'd rather they change how things are made and be glad they didn't discontinue them.

“As we get older, our taste buds begin to shrink and decline in number,” says Dr. Hadney. “In addition, the mouth produces less saliva over time. A drier mouth and fewer taste buds lead to a gradual decline in our ability to taste food."

One of the joys of aging - albeit a minor one, imvho.

Cheese - might have to kick it up a bit. Cheddar, for example, comes in mild, medium, sharp and extra sharp.

^ I think I'd rather they change how things are made and be glad they didn't discontinue them.

“As we get older, our taste buds begin to shrink and decline in number,” says Dr. Hadney. “In addition, the mouth produces less saliva over time. A drier mouth and fewer taste buds lead to a gradual decline in our ability to taste food."

One of the joys of aging - albeit a minor one, imvho.
I'm with you on this, EagleGuy. As I get older, food doesn't taste the same, i.e., as good. Example: I used to love Frisch's Big Boys. Now? Just OK.

My older brother has been losing weight lately and he claims it's because food doesn't taste good anymore. I hope he's right and that's all it is and nothing more serious.

For a totally different "joy of aging", they have a blue pill for that!

EVERYTHING is lacking quality, by the week. And if you think that you are getting screwed at the checkout, with inflated prices. Take note that the price is much more, and you're getting FAR LESS! Thus the price is REALLY tripling for the amount that you getting. And it's getting REALLY bad for paper towels. Just six months ago, it appeared that the rolls were MUCH thicker, and the prices FAR LESS! SAME scenario.

I'm with you on this, EagleGuy. As I get older, food doesn't taste the same, i.e., as good. Example: I used to love Frisch's Big Boys. Now? Just OK.

My older brother has been losing weight lately and he claims it's because food doesn't taste good anymore. I hope he's right and that's all it is and nothing more serious.

For a totally different "joy of aging", they have a blue pill for that!
And if you don't get them through air mail. You hafta take out a second mortgage on your home, to buy a dozen.

I'd say discontinuing the DAIRY QUEEN BRAZIER BURGER at the DQ DRIVE IN. Was tough to take, when I was in high school. You Northern boys have no idea of what I speak. Since the DAIRY QUEEN is an ICECREAM PARLOR up North! But picture in your mind's eye, a charbroiled burger as BIG as your HAND. Filled with mustard, catsup, mayo, lettuce, cheese, and ONION, for your culinary delight! And a BIG OLE order of Freedom Fries, and a BIG OLE CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE! NIRVANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will check back in with you on that in about 30 years and let you know if I think that's accurate.
WHAT makes you think that you'll be around in THIRTY YEARS? After China finishes stealing all of our farmland to feed THEIR people, and their slave labor, the Uighurs that make Air Labron tennis shoes. You'll be lucky to be eating PLANKTON, just to survive!