TDubb's running blog

twbb

Cooling Off
Well, I have tried to get back into running (since graduating) multiple times but usually fail and quit after a few days. Well today I started (again). I am hoping publicizing this will shame me into running on days I don't want to.

Anyways, forgot my shoes at my girlfriends so I went with my Vibram 5-Fingers and the run was a disaster. I was going to just go an easy mile, but started out too fast plus the V5F's have no ankle/heel support and my heels were killing me so I cut it short. Only made it .85 miles in 5 minutes, 9 seconds. That was on pace for a 6:04 mile, I think, which isn't too bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Had my shoes in my car, and ran at work on the treadmill during the storm as I wasn't sure if I'd get my run in after work. 1.5 miles. Baby steps.

After some advice, I'm starting out at every other day for the next couple weeks or so. Off day today/

251 views, nice to know people love me. :grouphug:

Anyways, bumping up the length of today's run by...... 1/4 a mile! Going to go for a 1.25 mile run after a test I have in about 2 hours.

Well, yesterday I stretched my run a little bit. I went 3 miles. I don't know the pace but I'd have to imagine I ran it in about 25 minutes or so. I just found out about UC's Running club which has a few former teammates. Looks like I'll only be able to meet with them every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the time being with having to work on Tuesday and Thursday during the time the UCRC goes out for runs. Hopefully I can get down to campus in time over summer for the runs.

I'm pretty pumped about this. This seems to be the biggest thing for me, not having someone to run with. I friggin' hate running by myself, except during a race.