Streetsboro v Perry girls

How the coaches kept their composure when the referee walked over is impressive. Someone on our staff would have surely lost their mind. What an awful way to have your season end, especially on a 2-1 score line.

Watch it to the final whistle. Those refs are off the field before the handshake line even starts. 🤷‍♂️

How the coaches kept their composure when the referee walked over is impressive. Someone on our staff would have surely lost their mind. What an awful way to have your season end, especially on a 2-1 score line.

Watch it to the final whistle. Those refs are off the field before the handshake line even starts. 🤷‍♂️
To be fair when I ref whether the game is 1-0 or 12-0 I'm outta there.

Nothing good happens after the final whistle. No reason to linger.

To be fair when I ref whether the game is 1-0 or 12-0 I'm outta there.

Nothing good happens after the final whistle. No reason to linger.
Not sure where you are from but is this common in other parts of Ohio where the referees tend to leave fairly quick? In SW we tend always shake the refs hands after the game, then they bolt.

Not sure where you are from but is this common in other parts of Ohio where the referees tend to leave fairly quick? In SW we tend always shake the refs hands after the game, then they bolt.
I think it varies by person.

I get pleasantries done with before the game and when it's over I leave.

The official directive from the OHSAA is that refs should leave immediately and not participate in any handshakes.

I know refs that follow that directive, and some that don’t.

We were instructed by the OHSAA, as a matter of emphasis, to leave the field IMMEDIATELY after the final whistle.....not to linger, take part in hand shakes, etc. This was made necessary and/or made matter of great importance as a result of the Strongsville / Walsh Jesuit debacle last post season, where the Center was assaulted on the field. We did that tonight.....left the field immediately, even though our game had no issues.

Magnificat 1, #1 Medina 0......BTW. Great game.