State Poll for week of 9/18

Interesting. It appears some folks may have let Saturday’s results impact their voting. If I’m not mistaken each poll is supposed to be based on the previous Saturday to Friday results. The nominations come out Saturday or Sunday by district after the local coaches polls and then the vote happens over the weekend. Medina beat Hoover Saturday and Iggy scored two goals late to tie Mason. It looks like voters moved Medina ahead of Iggy this go around.

Second half of the season is under way and we are seeing the cream rise to the top. Southwest has Moeller on top. Their starters haven’t given up a goal all year, including scrimmages. Centerville is rounding into form after a slow start. I don’t see them losing a regular season game the rest of the way.

Up north, it looks to be a two horse race with Medina and Iggy. Iggy is down a bit this year but still has talent. Medina has been getting results but have conceded some goals.

Columbus looks to be a tight race with a number of solid teams. Olentangy checks in up top after scoring 2 goals in the final 1:40 to tie Berlin, another solid team. Dublin Jerome looks solid and I feel like New Albany and St Charles can beat anyone on any given night. I foresee some upsets out of this region come tourney time. This year’s tournament should be fun!

Last edited:
Interesting. It appears some folks may have let Saturday’s results impact their voting. If I’m not mistaken each poll is supposed to be based on the previous Saturday to Friday results. The nominations come out Saturday or Sunday by district after the local coaches polls and then the vote happens over the weekend. Medina beat Hoover Saturday and Iggy scored two goals late to tie Mason. It looks like voters moved Medina ahead of Iggy this go around.

Second half of the season is under way and we are seeing the cream rise to the top. Southwest has Moeller on top. Their starters haven’t given up a goal all year, including scrimmages. Centerville is rounding into form after a slow start. I don’t see them losing a regular season game the rest of the way.

Up north, it looks to be a two horse race with Medina and Iggy. Iggy is down a bit this year but still has talent. Medina has been getting results but have conceded some goals.

Columbus looks to be a tight race with a number of solid teams. Olentangy checks in up top after scoring 2 goals in the final 1:40 to tie Berlin, another solid team. Dublin Jerome looks solid and I feel like New Albany and St Charles can beat anyone on any given night. I foresee some upsets out of this region come tourney time. This year’s tournament should be fun!
What do you make of a Centerville/Moeller matchup? Seems like they're destined to meet in regionals, again. Offense and set pieces vs. best defense in the region?

Personally, I’d give the edge to Moeller. Defense travels. The more games I see, the more impressed I am with their play. Their Defense and Midfield is super solid.

Centerville does have talent and soccer certainly is a crazy sport where the best team on the field doesn’t always get the deserved result. Centerville does have some head scratching results too.

I think it will be a great game to watch. Last year’s game went to pens and a similar result this year wouldn’t surprise me. There is NCAA D1 talent on both sides.

If these two teams play 100 times, I say Moeller comes out on the winning end more often.

Personally, I’d give the edge to Moeller. Defense travels. The more games I see, the more impressed I am with their play. Their Defense and Midfield is super solid.

Centerville does have talent and soccer certainly is a crazy sport where the best team on the field doesn’t always get the deserved result. Centerville does have some head scratching results too.

I think it will be a great game to watch. Last year’s game went to pens and a similar result this year wouldn’t surprise me. There is NCAA D1 talent on both sides.

If these two teams play 100 times, I say Moeller comes out on the winning end more often.
Centerville will test Moeller this year. And the Centerville goal keeper is probably one of the best in Ohio.

Not that it matters, but according to Mason's Twitter feed Ignatius took the lead 2-1 a few minutes into the 2nd half and then tied the game at 3 in the 68th minute after Mason went up 3-2.