State finals predictions?

Salad76

Iggy 3-0

Revere 3-0

Worthington 2-1

Though after my semi final predictions you may want to go the other way

Moeller in a tight one - I agree with those predicting OT or PKs
Revere, 1-0 or 2-0 - if they can get an early goal, their defense can lock things down
Worthington - just a complete guess, but I think the more experienced team takes down the talented all-star team.

Moeller up 1-0 at 26:50 1st half
Paxton Hafner unmarked near the post and knocks in pass from Bradley Poppell.

Ignatius radio announcers irritated with a Moeller chant from the student section; something about Oreo?? Said the Moeller student section lacked class.
Can anyone elaborate?

End of regulation tied 1-1, heading to OT
The poor Ignatius announcers are having a complete meltdown with some of the non-calls by the officials.

Ignatius radio announcers irritated with a Moeller chant from the student section; something about Oreo?? Said the Moeller student section lacked class.
Can anyone elaborate?
Several Ignatius players are black. If, indeed, it was an "Oreo" chant, that means brown on the outside and white on the inside. Obviously a racist insult. Hopefully, it wasn't that.

Last edited:
Several Ignatius players are black. If, indeed, it was an "Oreo" chant, that means brown on the outside and white on the inside. Obviously a racist insult. Hopefully, it wasn't that.
Not a racist chant. Has something to do with something with an Ignatius hazing incident…

Not a racist chant. Has something to do with something with an Ignatius hazing incident…
Ignatius had an incident involving lacrosse, not soccer. That was 2-1/2 years ago.
Moeller kids aware of some incident 2+ years ago? I thought kids today are focused on whatever is on their cell phones, like Tik-Tok videos
Maybe it was something else they were chanting about

Great weekend of finals.

Some takeaways

Ince-Lovelace for Iggy was the standout player of the day for me. Only a sophomore? Incredible. Same with both keepers in that game. Both were fantastic. Also really impressed how both teams used every inch of that big field.

I was really underwhelmed by Revere. Fell into the same trap over and over. A very narrow, chippy game. Exactly the type of game Tipp wanted. I'd add I think this Tipp team was much better than the other 2 that made state finals. A lot more skill. Haas was excellent.

The last game was really fun. It was end to end all game long. Felt like it could have been 5-4, especially if Worthington had scored that early PK. Both keepers played well here too.

Great weekend of finals.

Some takeaways

Ince-Lovelace for Iggy was the standout player of the day for me. Only a sophomore? Incredible. Same with both keepers in that game. Both were fantastic. Also really impressed how both teams used every inch of that big field.

I was really underwhelmed by Revere. Fell into the same trap over and over. A very narrow, chippy game. Exactly the type of game Tipp wanted. I'd add I think this Tipp team was much better than the other 2 that made state finals. A lot more skill. Haas was excellent.

The last game was really fun. It was end to end all game long. Felt like it could have been 5-4, especially if Worthington had scored that early PK. Both keepers played well here too.
Landon Haas is my son. I appreciate the compliment.