St. Xavier Football 2024

Who handles the kicking-pinning, flipping and scoring? Maxam, Wall, DVollmer?

note: the reason for DVollmer is there is Max Vollmer (no relation), a junior also, who is a pretty good football player too

If you have a 4 sided coin put Herbstreit, DVollmer, McDonald, Soloria on a side and flip it.
Do the Bombers just need a Brad Scherer to manage the offense?
His numbers for a 15 game season in 2005 77/168 (45%) for 1,040 yards 10 TDs and 3 INTs, 556 yards rushing with minimal false starts and procedure penalties, +23 takeaways
Can we make it a three sided coin? :unsure:

If you have a 4 sided coin put Herbstreit, DVollmer, McDonald, Soloria on a side and flip it.
Do the Bombers just need a Brad Scherer to manage the offense?
His numbers for a 15 game season in 2005 77/168 (45%) for 1,040 yards 10 TDs and 3 INTs, 556 yards rushing with minimal false starts and procedure penalties, +23 takeaways
Why settle for a "game manager" when you have the horses more than capable of being a threat at QB? If game manager is the route then just hand the job back to Herbstreit and watch defenses just load the box to stop the run game. If you want a true athletic threat on the field then go with literally any of the above names.

A memory I have of Brad Scherer was against Colerain in the playoffs, 2005 at PBS. I think the game went into OT and Scherer executed a great fake and hit Ashley? in the end zone for the game-winning touchdown. That might've been the Regional Final game. ReLoad can confirm. As already stated, X went on to win the state that year.

A memory I have of Brad Scherer was against Colerain in the playoffs, 2005 at PBS. I think the game went into OT and Scherer executed a great fake and hit Ashley? in the end zone for the game-winning touchdown. That might've been the Regional Final game. ReLoad can confirm. As already stated, X went on to win the state that year.
I read the article every morning to start my day ("The greatest play call")

Per Specht: "That last play call was Bobby Klotz and Mike Heizman, the two guys that pretty much spearhead our offense"

Rushing (81% of the plays, 73% of total yardage)
Ashley 25 carries for 85 yards
Scherer 9 carries for 42 yards
Cionni 4 carries for 38 yards
Hobson 4 carries for 9 yards
Totals: 43 carries for 174 yards (4 yards per carry)

Passing (19% of the plays, 27% of total yardage)
Scherer 5 for 10 for 63 yards (6 yards per pass) with 1 TD and 1 INT
4 of the 5 receptions were made by RBs (2 each for Cionni and Ashley) so only 1 completion to a WR

Defense
A Colerain offense that averaged 367 yards per game and 43 points per game were held to 173 yards, 9 points and 8 first downs

Why settle for a "game manager" when you have the horses more than capable of being a threat at QB? If game manager is the route then just hand the job back to Herbstreit and watch defenses just load the box to stop the run game. If you want a true athletic threat on the field then go with literally any of the above names.
Preseason is going to be fun.
X has 2 proven studs on offense that will get fed.
Are there going to be some more that emerge this summer at the WR, TE or QB position to provide more balance and make the offense more unpredictable?
GO X!!

I have more interest in seeing the 7 on 7s this spring/summer than in prior years based on the QB/WR/TE competitions
X played like a dozen last year
Does anyone have a 7 on 7 schedule?

I remember the sound in the stadium during that play. Was a great fake to Cionni, with Ashley running the wheel out of it. The X cheering section almost went dead quiet while the ball was in the air, and you could kind of hear this gasp- groan from the other side. Then the place erupted.

I ended up getting to know Colerain's DB coach a few years later, and he said they were completely fooled on that, never saw it coming. Really the play that seemed to push X over the hump to being a bride instead of a bridesmaid in Ohio

Great story, Monroe. I think you're right. That play in that game helped define X as an annual, legitimate threat to not only make the playoffs but advance far and sometimes win it all. We're all hoping for big things this year. As the song says, "the waiting is the hardest part."

I remember the sound in the stadium during that play. Was a great fake to Cionni, with Ashley running the wheel out of it. The X cheering section almost went dead quiet while the ball was in the air, and you could kind of hear this gasp- groan from the other side. Then the place erupted.

I ended up getting to know Colerain's DB coach a few years later, and he said they were completely fooled on that, never saw it coming. Really the play that seemed to push X over the hump to being a bride instead of a bridesmaid in Ohio
It was a helluva play call and time stood still for all those in attendance.

I have more interest in seeing the 7 on 7s this spring/summer than in prior years based on the QB/WR/TE competitions
X played like a dozen last year
Does anyone have a 7 on 7 schedule?
With the expansion of 7 on 7 in Ohio, I'm hoping a schedule comes out.

Also, I'm hearing Specht is taking over the OC duties this upcoming season.

I was with my Dad in a box at PBS with a bunch of players parents, and I remember looking down the field and seeing Darius and yelling "He's WIDE OPEN!!!"

Coach Specht and a handful of Bomber playmakers to be featured in Tom Lemming's summer report

1715774549332.png

He's a major talent. This spring and summer will be big for him in transitioning to varsity level football.
Gordy may play some TE early on as Gunter and Tiefenbach get up to speed.
Notice the last line in Tom Lemming's tweet below on Sulfsted

Gordy Sulfsted 6‘5“ 245 Cincinnati Saint Xavier is one of the top DE prospects in the Midwest. Quick hands and feet, excellent in pursuit, great length, explosive first step and a great attitude. 3.9 GPA. GCL defensive lineman of the year.⁦
@GSulfsted
⁩ also standout TE.

Lemming is reporting what Specht told him during his visit to X

Notice the last line in Tom Lemming's tweet below on Sulfsted

Gordy Sulfsted 6‘5“ 245 Cincinnati Saint Xavier is one of the top DE prospects in the Midwest. Quick hands and feet, excellent in pursuit, great length, explosive first step and a great attitude. 3.9 GPA. GCL defensive lineman of the year.⁦
@GSulfsted
⁩ also standout TE.
Coach Specht and a handful of Bomber playmakers to be featured in Tom Lemming's summer report

View attachment 58641
Sulfsted, Vollmer and Clapper are dudes .... no love for Britt or Kattus?

Very impressive outing from Soph. P Jack Ryan last night vs. La Salle. Complete game shutout. Special talent. Also threw a no-hitter against Badin at GABP. Future of the Bomber baseball program.