Springfield Wrestling

The wrestling banquet was the best I've ever been too. Kudo's for that! My kid had a great time and walked out with some great swag.

I don't think it was necessary to protect the current program from the DH's. If you would come check it out you would see that for yourself, but you choose to make it a threat, and it isn't. Never was. Even TL can see that.

These kids are not being recruited away from the community program! This program is attempting to ensure they don't go to AWC or AG. I do hear rumor that we have lost one wrestler to AWC, and it's one of the board members. So where's the threat. (that's my attitude statement for this post)

So when you say NEVER supporting or donating, you mean like the use of wrestling mats, or offering to PURCHASE singlets at the beginning of the year? You guys ended up buying singlets at the end of the season, and I think that was money that didn't need to be spent. You had an offer, but you didn't want it.

I donated to the tournament concession stand, so you're wrong about that. I also checked the night before to make sure there wasn't anything we needed that we were short on at the last minute.

The only thing that I know of that happened "behind your back" was a group of the kids going to an open tourney the same day as the added fund raiser. I was planning on going to that tourney long before the fund raiser came up. Some of the parents that went to the fundraiser were able to go because their kids were wrestling that day in Medina, and they weren't comfortable with their kids at an "adult" function. So it actually freed some people up to attend.

This point is not a complaint, just my opinion on that fundraiser.....

You increased the registration fee 40% this year because you said you were starting out the season with no money. I'm ok with that, completely. One of the problems we needed to overcome was trying to have some carry-over for a change and building things back up. So I made my contribution to the cause.
THEN, after having a handful of suggestions ignored about fundraising ideas, you guys come to us with this dinner/drink fundraiser, and require everyone to sell 2 tickets. I was told it would be a nice opportunity for the parents to meet in a social setting. So I guess you intended for me to buy the tickets myself, and shoulder more of the burden, over and above the registration increase.
That just didn't seem right to me. And I believe a majority of the people there were the parents. Most fundraisers attempt to get other people to pay for the program, and relieve the members from having to cover all the costs.

Ok, now the OTHER fundraiser. We do a varsity team tourney, and we have for quite some time. I asked why we don't do an open tourney, and I was told we don't really have the facility to support the 300-500 wrestlers that can show up to one of those. Good point. It would take us forever to do that on 3 mats.
My biggest issue with the varsity team tourney is that all of the parents were expected to contribute, but not all of the kids get to participate. I felt bad for the all-star kids that didn't get to be included in their teams event.

So here's my suggestion. Maybe next year instead of a social fundraiser, maybe we could do a team tourney AND an all-star tourney. Maybe even a team all-star tourney if we're concerned about controlling the numbers. I don't know the timelines for the new school, so the availability if the gym might be questionable, but I thought I would throw out the suggestion before somebody gets their mind set on something.
I know your hope is the schools start building they use your facility. FYI. they are not going too. IF you can provide proof that your rec center is up to code and is safe for the children and finacially in the black "maybe".

But the rumor mill is spinning with plenty of questions on your motive of giving. From the rambling on from your earlier post all I could see was I I I I I I I I I I I I I ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME .

I don't think you know who I am. I'm not the one that posted the response you're speaking of. It's not my facility. I'm just participating and trying to support a program that I see as being worthwhile to the wrestling programs of Springfield Township.

The comment I just made regarding the new school had to do with whether or not these kinds of fund raisers would even be possible during the construction.

It's becoming apparent that you have a personal agenda against someone. Why don't you go address your concerns with him. I think his post said he would welcome anyone that has concerns.

As far a myself, yes I think the old Sawyerwood school should be considered for some activities during the new school construction process. It's going to be a real challenge to find a suitable location for the youth program if they have to compete for limited space. See, these are the things that need to be figured out sooner than later IMO.

From what ive been told, The youth found a great head coach and asst. Should be exciting to watch them grow this year. A couple of no-nonsense, knowledgeable guys is just what the doctor ordered.

A constant battle to find coaches that will stick around. If they can get these boys and girls to quit looking up at the stands and listen to what the real coaches are teaching.:wallbang: